Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Oh shit. Orbot and Cubot are probably back in this game. No doubt it'll be capitalising on everything that helped Colours reach high acclaim.

They're probably gonna have to explain how they escaped the lonely vacuum of space.

• Thumbs Up 2

They're probably gonna have to explain how they escaped the lonely vacuum of space.

The same way Eggman got his shit together after he and Orbot were stranded in the desert after Unleased. Edited by Blue Blood

Oh shit. Orbot and Cubot are probably back in this game. No doubt it'll be capitalising on everything that helped Colours reach high acclaim.

And I just thought of something else! Unleashed HD and Gens HD were made by one division of Sonic Team and the had to focus on making the games for two platforms at once. All the Wii games, including SatSR, SatBK and Colours were by the Storybook team. Now we're going to be seeing the main Sonic Team devs working on just the one system! Maybe as a larger team with the storybook guys in tow. I've not the slightest reason to believe this game will be disappointing.

Ooh shit.

I'm getting pretty damn excited about this now.

Wonder if there'll be an explanation for Eggman getting out of the White World, and where Classic went? Did he just dump him back there? xD

Edited by Super Spindash

They have built in rocket/jet packs or whatever.

There, done. :V

One thing I'll sadly miss from Colors.

..Those Eggman speakers.

• Thumbs Up 6

I swear I get the feeling Mario or some Nintendo character will be referenced SOMEHOW in the game.(I mean yoshi was in MGS3D)

Like I said before, new characters can mean reimagined forgotten characters like what they did with chaotix, which was take the basis of the concept then approach it as a 'new' one. Then Again i just want Nack back XD

Trying to take this in the most positive light possible, in the grand scheme of things it isn't too big of a problem if the game is WiiU exclusive.  Now before you all pounce on me and get on my case, or complain that I haven't been reading through the comments before let me elaborate.

I can understand and respect your frustration to those of you who are annoyed at the game being WiiU exclusive and heck you have a right to be.  The WiiU's off to a slow start and even with the games being steadily revealed there may not be something for you.  However there's a key thing we seem to be forgetting about, and we often forget about whilst hyping for a game and it's patience.  Remembering the fact that we do not need to purchase the game or the system straight away.

Remember that the WiiU has only been out for just over half a year.  It's still basically in its infancy.  Give or take a couple of years there's sure to be a selection of games that will appeal to a much larger number of people.  Look at the launch of the PS3 compared to how the console is performing now.  I still stand by the PS3 launch being possibly the worst console launch of any "successful" console to date.  There was literally NO reason to buy a PS3 at launch if you already had a 360 (which had already been out for a year).  It had an absolutely outrageous price tag and it had no worthwhile games.  It didn't even have some kind of noteworthy gimmick that the 360 didn't have apart from maybe Sixaxis.  Yet a couple of years later the console starts pulling its weight.  Price cuts are made and it gets some games.  The same is extremely likely to happen with the WiiU.

No with regards to the game itself, as I said you don't need to get the game straight away.  If the game is really good, then in my opinion it's worth waiting for.  Waiting until you have more of a reason to purchase a WiiU to try the game out and have a dang good time.  If it's not really worth your time, then you've saved yourself a fair bit of time and money and still managed to follow the hype cycle of the game.  Heck I personally didn't get my hands on Unleashed HD until summer 2011 when I got my PS3.  

Be patient young grasshoppers.  Content will arrive for you in the future I assure you.  Just give it time. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Did Nintendo win something big with this? After the anger & disappointment, I'm seeing more and more people saying they're going to get a Wii U now. Hmm...

"And by new gameplay I mean the same gameplay we've had from the last game, but with a new blur effect!"

And what's this about Orbot and Cubot now?

Edited by Balding Spider

Oh wait, are we thinking it might be a reboot of some sort? Hmm. I'm still neutral to the idea of a reboot at all, to be honest. It could be nice if done right, assuming they actually started caring about strong continuity and all that stuff.

Did Nintendo win something big with this? After the anger & disappointment, I'm seeing more and more people saying they're going to get a Wii U now. Hmm...

The easiest way to sell consoles to Sonic fans is to release exclusive Sonic games.

And what's this about Orbot and Cubot now?

Random guess, cause they were in Colours and briefly seen on the Generations flashback. I don't see why they wouldn't be back, unless they're consciously written out.

That screenshot looks awesome :D

Didn't Nitnendo and Sega already have a partnership? I guess this is more of an official partnership rather than simply out of the fact they work together a hella lot.

And I just thought of something else! Unleashed HD and Gens HD were made by one division of Sonic Team and the had to focus on making the games for two platforms at once. All the Wii games, including SatSR, SatBK and Colours were by the Storybook team. Now we're going to be seeing the main Sonic Team devs working on just the one system! Maybe as a larger team with the storybook guys in tow. I've not the slightest reason to believe this game will be disappointing.

tumblrm261k3nytu1r9xdpl.gif

AWW YEAH.

Now that you mention it, this could be Sonic Team's biggest project yet. And Cubot and Orbot being there will make everything even better since they were the highlight of Sonic Colours to me!

• Thumbs Up 7

Like I said before, new characters can mean reimagined forgotten characters like what they did with chaotix, which was take the basis of the concept then approach it as a 'new' one. Then Again i just want Nack back XD

You are flipping a million coins and hoping they all come up heads.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Yes I am optimistic, however it is not out of the realm of possibility, and even they have acknowledged it

Yes. It's made the Wii U more justifiable now. Well, that and the other titles finally getting dates did it for me. 

Yes. It's made the Wii U more justifiable now. Well, that and the other titles finally getting dates did it for me. 

I can't imagine E3 will go by without more exclusive third party support too.. no way would Nintendo announce their only 3rd party exclusive almost a month before E3.

Still, Sonic is popular but mostly with Sonic fans..! It's not the best selling series ever, though I do hope it helps the system feel more worthwhile in the long run.

Holy poop in a log, I'm damn excited for this shit!

Like some of you've said, I am getting a Sonic CD vibe from that image. But I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Mario, despite the whole Nintendo thing.

SPEAKING OF NINTENDO

What do they mean by "partnering?" Will Nintendo help develop the games or what? I'm just wondering if it will be any indication of quality.

Inner self: But why, Graham? Why do you keep your Wii U when there is cool shit to be had?

Sega: We are partnering with Nintendo

Inner self: well shit

If this game has a DLC pack where you can replace tails with a Skin of Luigi, then I will buy a WiiU right now.:P

If this game has a DLC pack where you can replace tails with a Skin of Luigi, then I will buy a WiiU right now.tongue.png

If that happens I think it's safe to call GOTY right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to know I won't be buying a WiiU just for Bayonetta 2.

Well, by the screenshot, I am getting heavy sonic 4 episode 2 vibes from Sonic and the Tornado.(Mostly the Tornado)

I'm hoping Little Planet is at least alluded to, even if this Lost World isn't actually related to it in any way. It'd be nice to see a continuity reference to the classics, haven't seen much of that outside of Generations (and I suppose a few other times, like Knuckles mentioning Mushroom Hill in Heroes).