Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Tails & Knuckles are playable........as reskins.

And Toad.

Honestly though.. that NSMB-ness does have me a bit worried, to be honest.

Analysis of all the locations shown on the "Lost World".

Green Hill Areas

greenhill.png

There's lots of places like this, and they look like Green Hill. Not to be confused with...

NSMB Forest Zone

forestv.png

Yes it's just a generic forest, but there's some extra large trees with zig-zag patterns. Normally when we see forest stages in Sonic games they're tropical, ala Tropical Jungle or Angel Island. This is really quite different.

World 8 Volcano Zone

lavabr.png

This has got to be the first time since 06, and only the third time in the history of 3D Sonic games that we're getting a volcano stage. Again it looks like NSMB.

Water World

waterw.png

Third time's a charm- it looks like the typical coastal/water world from NSMB. But we're looking at a zoomed out map so it's not exactly fair. Maybe SEGA will finally give us full 3D underwater areas? ... nah

Desert Zone

desertw.png

No, it's not Dust Hill. This is an Egyptian desert complete with Pyramids and several oases. Last time we saw one of these was in '06. So how bout that NSMB?

Savanah/Rock Zone

rockld.png

Either this is more desert, or it's something rocky or savanah-ish. Not really sure what to say about this. NSMB strikes again.

Ice World

icek.png

This one is interesting. Partly because ice stages are always cool, and partly because... what are those dark structures all around the place? Also, moar NSMB.

More Ice, or Something Else?

whatsthisp.png

I can't really tell what this is at all.

Floating Islands

floatingislandsj.png

Now these have me curious. Will they be mini-acts, or are they just parts of the world that haven't been formed yet?

I agree on all accounts here. It just looks too similar to NSMB.

Which puts the dreaded idea that, this game may well be a 2.5D sidescroller, into my mind.........

And Toad.

Honestly though.. that NSMB-ness does have me a bit worried, to be honest.

I'm still completely neutral.

That said, I don't like the lack of originality so far.

Alright Woun, get to work.

*leans back in lawn chair*

Also, the imagine of the planet is a lot clearer, can make out some landmarks and stuff.

A few pages back, I posted a

Ok, btw, guys, I get more info on 24 March in next Famitsu magazine. See you soon! :3 

Edited by Woun

I agree on all accounts here. It just looks too similar to NSMB.

Which puts the dreaded idea that, this game may well be a 2.5D sidescroller, into my mind.........

oh god.....now I'm have something to worry about, a bland 2.5D sidescroller with NSMB graphics, just with Sonic.

I'm around 90% sure those facebook images were real.

I can't authorise these comments since they were in someone elses article. But... here is whats interesting about them. The time/date stamps are in GMT.

Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 1:41 pm

The Facebook page accidentally leaked 3 pictures of the game with important information:
- Full details will be announced on the 29th.
- the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.

Submitted an hour before the Nintendo Direct conference started, and an hour before the partnership press release was sent out.

However... heres the kicker.

Submitted on 2013/05/17 at 6:33 am

The sonic Facebook page just leaked a picture of the lost world, six “guardians”,
And the announcement that sega and Nintendo are forming an “exclusive partnership” for three games.

Nearly 9 hours before the show started.

Mentions the guardians again and the partnership.

Now... whilst you could make up the game details... that partnership? Either someone took a wild guess and got it right, or somebody made an error and those images were indeed on the facebook page.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, one could assume they already announced the exclusive titles... Sonic lost world, the 3DS version, and the new winter games.

bam, 3..... now can we have next gen sonic? :C

It looks like the clouds are blocking something possibly on "Volcano Zone"? The middle towards the right. Probably just a temple or something, but reminds me of Eggmans Eggomatic a bit.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

I slightly hope that Nintendo isn't having control of this game, considering the NSMB silimarities. :s

It looks like the clouds are blocking something possibly on "Volcano Zone"?

Bowser's Castle, of course.

• Thumbs Up 8

Is it me or does the planet look like a mash up of something you'd see from Super Mario Bros. 3 and Pokemon?

I didn't expect them to make this a Nintendo exclusive, but the Wii U kind of needs anything it can get. Not really excited, but here's hoping it's actually pretty good like the last few Sonic games were.

One of the big plot points revealed on the 29th will be that Eggman has given birth to 8 children who guard his robots. Calling it now.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

One of the big plot points revealed on the 29th will be that Eggman has given birth to 8 children who guard his robots. Calling it now.

Rock-a-by-robot...

Yes, this means the mother is Sera, that's the central plot twist of the game.

No but seriously it would be amusing if it was sort of "nintendoy" in the typical stock level locales we expect from them.

Just a random thought, but..

what if the Mario Bros similarities are because Mario or Mario characters could cameo or even play some part in the game?

Total speculation, mind.

In fairness, even though NSMB has been whoring out these level themes for every single game in its series now, they're hardly tropes that haven't been seen elsewhere. Pretty much every game series, Sonic included, has used the usual green/desert/volcano/water/ice/etc worlds before. As such, it shouldn't be to this game's detriment, because after all, these are locations of a lost world and... well, these are the things that constitutes a world

We've already had loads of zany locales in the space-fest that was Sonic Colours and there was an over-abundance of city levels in Generations, so this will be a nice (albeit unoriginal) change of pace. Back to basics.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we have...

1) Tropical level

2) Forest level

3) Volcano level

4) Snow level

5) Water level

6) Desert level

7) Canyon level

7 Zones. Seems about right.

That's what Im wondering... people are treating this like they are ONLY making sonic games for nintendo now... is this true? 

Arent they JUST doing 3 exclusive games, like how sonic colors was exclusive? I dont see why they would limit themselves. 

As far as I can tell, it is just a 3 game exclusivity deal. This game and the 2014 olympics title have just been revealed, so that leaves one more game to go. But SEGA isn't a Nintendo owned studio haha and there is no way Sonic is going to be permanently bound to Nintendo consoles. Just knowing that alone doesn't really have me all up in arms over this - disappointed of course but ultimately I know there will be love on the next cycle of consoles from the other 2 companies. I'll get my fix sooner or later :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Neat.

Previous Sonic games have killed my ability to feel hype until there's some gameplay footage. I find the scene aesthetically pleasing, though. Hope it provides a good product for the Wii U.

I'm personally really happy that we're getting all these different level tropes. As said, these are less like NSMB and more like standard platformer fare.

ON THAT NOTE, the extra islands look like they'd be in Sonic Rush Adventure. Which to me is nothing but a good thing. Extra random acts of awesome! Dude I'm so stoked this better be a 3D game lol.

All I hope for is some substance. Bigger story, bigger level designs (yes I want levels that take you more than forward), bigger amount of things to do, more actual levels / acts rather than gimmick-stages or tedious missions, possible hubworlds, et cetera. Can't wait for Monday and the 29th.

Edited by Azookara

My only true problem with Exclusivity is that situations are different for everyone. Some people may not be able to get a Wii U at all or not for a very long time. Still though its good that Sega did this deal. Maybe after all this is done they can reboot or make sequels to their old franchises. If they end up doing that, it better not be exclusive to one console either, because as a big fan of their games I would go fucking nuts. Might have to get a Wii U for this then though. Who knows. I'll have to see gameplay first, I am not quite convinced with a screenshot.

So we have...

1) Tropical level

2) Forest level

3) Volcano level

4) Snow level

5) Water level

6) Desert level

7) Canyon level

7 Zones. Seems about right.

At least we don't have 4 city levels rolleyes.gif

Twist: The father is... Classic Eggman!

... Don't look at me like that, SSMBers. They were last seen with each other in the stark nothingness of White Space, after all...

• Thumbs Up 9

Twist: The father is... Classic Eggman!

... Don't look at me like that, SSMBers. They were last seen with each other in the stark nothingness of White Space, after all...

He sure got his teaching degree, after all.

...his teaching degree in sex education, that is.

• Thumbs Up 2