Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It's just an attitude I've become incredibly jaded with. It's fucking everywhere and it's annoying. So yeah, I assumed.

That's understandable, it's frustrating for people to tell you to buy something you don't want.

I think, at the moment, there's a frustration of equal force from Wii U owners who are a bit saddened with the lack of respect the system gets from industry members and other gamers, which is probably where that attitude comes from.

• Thumbs Up 5

But when it comes down to it, it's a deal with Nintendo, the company whose consoles their games sell the best on. I definitely wouldn't just jump out of that opportunity just because some fans are upset. Harsh, I know, but that's how shit rolls as a business. Suck it up.

I think a lot of us though aren't necessarily angry or anything, moreso just expressing disappointment because we know and understand why they did it it just sucks for us. It's not a huge deal, nor the end of the world, and nothing really to be too angry about as its a temporary deal anyway for 3 games. It's happened in the past, will continue to happen in the future. It's just like hearing about how a concert for a band you really like is skipping your province/state because they got offered a huge gig somewhere else or something. Sure you could go - but it'd cost a lot of money to get there for one thing. You understand 'well hey, good for them' but can be still disappointed. Business wise this makes a lot of sense for them to strike a deal, especially with the consoles transitioning now. The Wii U has been out for a bit and has a small userbase, but that is a lot more of a userbase than the PS4 or next xbox have because they're not even out. Makes more sense to start forging ahead on the new tech at this point. It would not surprise me if they still had games in development for the other platforms anyway but they just won't be released until 2014/2015. It's all good.

Telling people to suck it up is kind of harsh. If this was a Microsoft and Sega exclusivity deal a lot of people would be on the other side of the fence and feel disappointed too (and probably get told to suck it up as well which to be clear I think is unacceptable even in that situation too :P). So -we get it- we just don't -like it-. And that's also totally coooooooooool.

• Thumbs Up 4

If you all don't mind me asking, where did the idea of more information for Sonic Lost World next Monday (and the 29th) come from?

Telling people to suck it up is kind of harsh. If this was a Microsoft and Sega exclusivity deal a lot of people would be on the other side of the fence and feel disappointed too (and probably get told to suck it up as well which to be clear I think is unacceptable even in that situation too tongue.png). So -we get it- we just don't -like it-. And that's also totally coooooooooool.

Haha, yeah, I suppose I did get kinda mad there... happy.png Sorry.

Really, you can like it or not like it, it's just opinions I suppose, it's cool. I just got a little stuck up at the end of that post.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you all don't mind me asking, where did the idea of more information for Sonic Lost World next Monday (and the 29th) come from?

Leaked information from SEGA/Sonic Facebook. They erased all the info.

Edited by Sephy

A leaked Sonic Facebook post apparently said more info was coming the 29th. The Monday bit I don't know. I first saw Woun post here about it, but he didn't link a source. It would make sense, since Monday is often used for lifting press embargo's after a game's announced later the previous week. We might hopefully see some press previews. 

TSSZ also tweeted saying they've heard that a Japanese magazine will feature the game next week. 

That "Lost World" must be in orbit in close proximity much like Little Planet, otherwise how did Sonic & Tails get there via biplane?

That "Lost World" must be in orbit in close proximity much like Little Planet, otherwise how did Sonic & Tails get there via biplane?

Sonic and Tails can breathe in space. Fuck logic!

It has to be something like Miracle/Little Planet since its surrounded by clouds and a blue sky. 

If I don't get a Marza Studios reanimation of SCD's opening for this game there will be torches and pitchforks!

Edited by Azookara

It has to be something like Miracle/Little Planet since its surrounded by clouds and a blue sky. 

If I don't get a Marza Studios reanimation of SCD's opening for this game there will be torches and pitchforks!

I like the idea that things like Little Planet aren't the only one of it's kind and there are similar miniature planets.

• Thumbs Up 2

An animated opening rather than a CGI one would be sweet. Been getting a bit tired of all the CGI scenes in the games, would be nice to mix it up like Riders did partially.

I wonder if the planet is kinda like a puzzle, what with the hexagonal looking pieces and the missing bits. Would be pretty cool if you could rearrange the pieces if it was that way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic and Tails can breathe in space. Fuck logic!

I was thinking "biplane" was more of the keyword there XD 

http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-hedgehog-vid-games-coming-nintendo-144202899.html

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

Oh man new enemies? AWESOME! New gameplay?

Oh........shit.......does this mean no more boost? Oh god oh god oh god.

And I love the concept of new shit, and new Sonic characters? Ohhhhhhhhhsiittt.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 5

An animated opening rather than a CGI one would be sweet. Been getting a bit tired of all the CGI scenes in the games, would be nice to mix it up like Riders did partially.

I wonder if the planet is kinda like a puzzle, what with the hexagonal looking pieces and the missing bits. Would be pretty cool if you could rearrange the pieces if it was that way.

I'd love to see Adventure-style art again. It's so casual, twisty and wacky. It needs to make a comeback, I absolutely adore it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where did the info about a teaser on Monday come from?

So what actually confirmed a teaser for Monday? I believe it and everything but never caught where it came from.

Here you go.

The comments didn't automatically go up because they were in our 'awaiting modderation' area. I only noticed them when I did a check at around 5PM yesterday.

Had they gotten through, odds are the images would be all over the place.

TSSZ also tweeted saying they've heard that a Japanese magazine will feature the game next week. 

I think Woun said it was going to be Famitsu, and it's due for release next week I think.

"It's not going to be a reiteration."

Aw yeah, no more playing it safe. One step forward!

Edited by Super Spindash

Aww new friends..unless they repurpose him like they did with the Chaotix there goes hope for Fang for another 2 years >.< lol oh well

New friends could mean rebooted forgotten ones like Chaotix in Heroes, and it would make sense with the name as well. I am definatly hoping for that, maybe just maybe we could get Nack back, they have stated before if the circumstances provied themselves it could happen

Wasn't it quite obvious that there was going to be new friends? Seems to be a trend for games when randomly popping up in a world they have never been in before.

Now the guessing game begins for what the guardians might be. Creatures? Robots? Anthros? What animals haven't they used that could be guardiany?