Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Don't really mind. Atleast it's not mild swearwords being thrown around every 5 seconds like a 12 year old wrote the script. If anything this means that the writer's chains have been loosened up a bit this time. Hopefully the jokes have been lessened or just written better/smarter as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh dear lord some of that sounds not good (in my opinion, of course).

Like seriously, some of that sounds like something Shadow the Hedgehog would write on the toilet walls. I suppose it'll sound better in context, but... yeesh.

Edited by The BatJoker

Yeah, some of it does sound a bit 3edgy5me, so I hope this game doesn't go too far to either extreme and tries for some kind of balance in tone like we had in games like SA1 and Unleashed, ect. Then again Eggman did say stuff along the lines of "closing Sonic's eyes forever" in Generations, as well as telling him to "just die already" in Unleashed, so it's not too far off from those.

Edited by Inferno

Well....

Probably gonna get banned in Australia.

But seriously, some of those quotes are okay for me, but some of them... Some of them seem a little far for this game, but hopefully they'll be implemented in the story correctly, in the right place and the right time. And the Genocide one, is that going to be part of the story? Genocide in a Sonic game?

I'd like it if only the Deadly Six said stuff like that; it'd give them their own character and make them more unique from Sonic and co. Hearing them say it, on the other hand, would be a bit jarring.

I hope that the game has dark humor, as well, like a non-Flicky animal friend falling off of one of the tubes, or a Flicky pecking at one of Yellow!Zeti's sanwiches before being eaten by him, and Yellow!Zeti saying something like "Mmm, chicken!"

• Thumbs Up 1

If they take the potential this has and just make it dark comedy and/or make it like Shadow The Hedgehog 2.0 I swear to fucking god Colours writers....................Just please pull off this darkness well, or else it'll either be insulting or laughable. 

Most of the lines are fine, but certain ones like "I long for death's cold embrace.", and, “I'll get fat from eating your black hearts,” seem like they are trying too hard. Hopefully this trying-too-hard-ness is only with a few lines in the game and not all of them. A balance needs to be struck: Having it like Shadow would be bad, but Colours isn't optional either. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

To be honest, it sounds like stuff I'd hear in some of the darker children's cartoons out there. Not really a big deal from where I'm standing.

And the Genocide one, is that going to be part of the story? Genocide in a Sonic game?

I'm guessing that might be in reference to the little animals we'll be saving? The Zeti seem to be going after them in the announcement trailer after all, who knows what they want with the animals.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can definitely approve of this. I already predicted Zavok was going to be a ham from the quote in the trailer but... now I'm very optimistic these bad guys will be hilariously over the top with their viciousness.

So long as it's balanced with humor I don't see the problem with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the genocide remark is said in reference to Eggman and the Wisps. Since he was sucking out what is likely their life force... well, you get the picture.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

actualy, the genocide quote seems like sonic trying to refute one of eggman's ideas to me

actualy, the genocide quote seems like sonic trying to refute one of eggman's ideas to me

I'd expect something along the lines of, "One second you're contemplating genocide, the next moment you want me to help you."

If it was something along those lines... I hope Eggman replies, "Yes, and you'll do it because you're the goody two shoes. >=]"

"...got me there."

I'm guessing the genocide line is Sonic to Eggman after he comes to Sonic looking to team up. "One second you're contemplating genocide, the next...insert second half".

I feel like that kind of dialogue I'd need to see within the context of the entire game before I can make anything of it.  

Fuckit I could say that about the entire game.  I hope this doesn't just end up being some whacked out clusterfuck of crazy ideas without any proper coherency.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno, has Eggman ever contemplated genocide? He doesn't really go out of his way to kill people, even if he doesn't care if casualties do happen during his schemes. Even the Wisps weren't being "killed", just corrupted.

Although I guess being used as an organic battery would be sort of like death, in a way ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually this is probably what Eggman says to Sonic when they team up.

"You're going home in a box, hedgehog”

I'm going to skin you alive, Sonic'

'Sonic, I long for death's cold embrace.'

"Sonic i'll get fat from eating your black hearts, ”

“One second you're contemplating genocide,”

“Hedgehog, as long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine.”

Nothing wrong with a bit of threatening dialogue. Hell, this isn't ShTH.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm still waiting for a story that goes the Pixar way: Lighthearted tone but with mature moments that are handled with care. Dark # Mature

• Thumbs Up 1