Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I thought the recent Sonic games have been being written by 2 of the guys that worked on MadWorld, and Happy Tree Friends, so I don't find this all that surprising. Anyway, the cold embrace of death is probably the old Zeti being a miserable old fart. Or the emo one being emo.

I just had a thought: What if the "as long as I can strangle a zeti" line is said by Tails? 

It's going to be Dr. Eggman's line. That's pretty obvious.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

The "strangle" line is gonna be either Eggman or Knuckles. Although Knuckles would most likely use the term 'clobber' instead, so.. I guess Eggman.

I just hope that certain lines like "I long for death's cold embrace" and "I'll get fat from eating your black hearts" are used in a comedic context because those 2 specific lines seem a bit too dark to use seriously without turning it into something Shadow The Hedgehog-like. Everything else I'd be fine with being used in a serious context.

Those two lines wreak of bad "bleak tortured soul" poetry. Expect Sonic to make a smartass comment after Zor delivers these lines.

Those two lines wreak of bad "bleak tortured soul" poetry. Expect Sonic to make a smartass comment after Zor delivers these lines.

I would hope so. That would be cool.

"Geez, enough with the bleak poetry! It sets a negative mood for me beating you down."

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 6

If these lines are being used comedically this may just be the best written Sonic ever.

• Thumbs Up 6

I really hope that line about strangling is from Knuckles. This series is ages overdue for a dumb "how do you type with boxing gloves on" joke.

(the letter fumble in '06 only kind of counts, but it was just about the only intentionally funny thing in that game)

• Thumbs Up 3

The first thing that came to my mind with the "black hearts" and "death's cold embrace" lines was that someone in the main group is saying stereotypical lines for Zomom and Zor in order to express confidence in their inevitable victory and to undermine the Deadly Six's efforts.

Tails: "We might have gotten this far, Sonic, but we still have to be careful."

Sonic "Eh, I wouldn't be worried too much. Mr. 'I await death's cold embrace' over there seems like a pushover."

Given the snarkiness Sonic had in Colors, I wouldn't be surprised if these lines here were for pure sarcasm.

• Thumbs Up 4

This reminds me of how I always saw Magica Madoka before actually watching it.

Looks like a cheerful typical magical girl anime, but it actually gets pretty dark. I like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

- *sees game* man it's so colorful it's going to be too childish

- *sees dialogue* man it's so edgy it's going to be too dark/overthetop

Ooooohhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmyyyyyyy goooooooooooooosssshhh guyyyyyyyyyyyssssssss

Calm yourselves! We have no context for these lines yet, so I think it's best if we wait it out before we make any judgements on the nature of the story, alright? It's a post-2006 Sonic game. I think we're okay here.

It's the Sonic fanbase. When the hell are we not over reacting or whining about petty things?

• Thumbs Up 7

It's the Sonic fanbase. When the hell are we not over reacting or whining about petty things?
When was the last time anyone actually did this
  • Thumbs Up 2

Almost all the time? I've been here since '05, and it shouldn't take a year in the fandom to vouch that we overreact on things. Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck is a Zeti? Are those the inhabitants of tube land or something?

Zeti is the name of species that the Deadly Six are members of.

That doesn't make much sense at all. It completely goes against his established character.

Against Tails' "established" character? You mean the character that almost caused

Sir, I do declare...

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

When the last thing was announced.

Edited by Alice Twilight
  • Thumbs Up 7

Against Tails' "established" character? You mean the character that almost caused

Sir, I do declare...

You are COMPLETELY over exaggerating, as people tend to do with SA2's story.

Rating: E10

Content Descriptors: Mild Cartoon Violence

Other: Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Wii U) 

Rating Summary: In this action platformer, players control Sonic the Hedgehog as he attempts to stop an evil villain's plans. As players zoom through fantastical landscapes, they collect items (e.g., gold rings and power-ups), avoid hazards, and use spin attacks to defeat robotic enemies; enemies break apart amid colorful explosions. During gameplay, characters sometimes use aggressive language (e.g., “You're going home in a box,” 'I'm going to skin you alive,' and 'I long for death's cold embrace.'). Cutscenes also depict laser fire and explosions, as well as dialogue that references violence (e.g., “I'll get fat from eating your black hearts,” “One second you're contemplating genocide,” and “As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine.”).

Moving away from the language for a moment. I'm interested as to what the "user-generated content" will entail.

A level builder of some sort? Or it's probably just a level rank timer for the world, like Gens and SA2 HD.

Just going back to the writing for a moment, am I the only one interested in seeing how they use this dialogue style between Zeena and Amy over Sonic or something? It could make for quite a hilarious scene.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just going back to the writing for a moment, am I the only one interested in seeing how they use this dialogue style between Zeena and Amy over Sonic or something? It could make for quite a hilarious scene.

How about a cutscene where Knuckles takes a liking to Zeena. Then Rouge will have some competition.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Zeena ends up having a lesbian crush on Amy and tries to win her over by doing all sorts of whacky and zany things that'll make Sonic want to strangle a Zeti. 

Also the Yuri art and fanfiction is a great bonus. 

Edited by Alice Twilight
  • Thumbs Up 3

I predict that Zeena will be a strong, confident, respetable, female character who is a genuine threat and who's purpose isn't just to spout romantic/flirtatious comments/quips.......yeah.

Edited by Soniman