Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I still think that the Only similarity to mario galaxy is Windy hill stage design, that's it.

-I never wanted to have to say this but Sonic is becoming second rate it seems.

...so Sonic as an entire videogame franchise is now "second rate" because of one Sonic game's change in artstyle?

/logic

next thing you know Sonic is going to be getting officially anally raped by mario.... 

Don't give people ideas.

Oh, I'm sure some people have picked up that idea already and put it to use with their artistic talents.

Edited by Yeow95

It still reminds me more of X-Treme, no matter what Iizuka says.

Yeah, though I don't really mind if its suppose to be like galaxy anyway sides whatever mario does sonic can do better so most likely this will even top mario galaxy and do the formula better.

I don't have a problem with the tube design resembling or being inspired by Galaxy at all. It's not like it's a staple of the Mario franchise and the idea works well with Sonic. I just hope the levels get a lot longer and more creative as the game progresses.

Edited by Pawn

I'm really glad Iizuka finally admitted that obvious similarity. Now some people will finally stop saying stuff like "Shut up, this game looks nothing like Mario galaxy you moron! It looks like Sonic x-treme!"

Because that similarity was obvious from the very announcement.

...I don't know what sites you've been to, but I'm pretty sure nobody here has denied the Mario Galaxy comparison. :\

In any case, I don't really care too much as long as the game plays fine. That said, I do hope next game they have a bit more originality instead of blatantly using another game's style.

Well, let's put it like this. Back from Sonic's inception, he was sort of supposed to be the anti-Mario. He was "cool" and had "attitude", and was too much so to go rescuing princesses like that "lame plumber dude". Sonic basically had his own world, characters and story, and some feel that Sonic has lost that individuality over time, and in their eyes has now has gone to the extreme of barely being different than the Mario series.

Not that I personally agree with or care about that (especially as I regard the Lost World artstyle as a lot more Classic Sonic looking/inspired than even Generations, which was more like an Unleashed style version of Classic environments), BUT I can put myself into their shoes and see, and respect their perspective... given that they have a respectable attitude. My problem with some of the people posting in here (not going to namedrop names, especially since it's not just been one person) is not their opinions, but how they present them and attempt to justify them. How you say things, and how you respond, is important.

• Thumbs Up 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_IKRda6jM

Wrong topic)

I'm sooo gonna play that though xD!

With regards to Izukias statement, I think he is talking about the Wind Hill level structure and design (the tube) than the art style.

Has this been mentioned yet? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZHaIv00UCc

At 2:08 minutes in, he burns out instead of spin dashing. 

Did he change the animation or is there just a button for running too?

This was pointed out a while ago. I believe he's charging the Super Peel-out, which is probably used to get to normal running speed without Spin Dashing, I presume.

I think that if you hold the run trigger while standing still you'll charge a peel-out, and holding both triggers charges a spindash.

I love, love, LOVE that this game has an in-depth control scheme, with plenty of moves that are designed for the player to use at will instead of purely as required, like the boost games. The double jump, bounce, spindash and parkour moves should rpve to be really fun and give players lots of flexibility. 

EDIT: Can't embed it, but this video is worth watching. Just skip to about 1:05 and watch Sonic spindash off the side of that ramp. The physics look really nice, and make me think Sonic Team are using boosters and springs out of habit because they clearly aren't needed there.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think that if you hold the run trigger while standing still you'll charge a peel-out, and holding both triggers charges a spindash.

I love, love, LOVE that this game has an in-depth control scheme, with plenty of moves that are designed for the player to use at will instead of purely as required, like the boost games. The double jump, bounce, spindash and parkour moves should rpve to be really fun and give players lots of flexibility. 

EDIT: Can't embed it, but this video is worth watching. Just skip to about 1:05 and watch Sonic spindash off the side of that ramp. The physics look really nice, and make me think Sonic Team are using boosters and springs out of habit because they clearly aren't needed there.

My speed runner blood is starting to boil with potential ideas of how to use that, can't wait for this game to come out now.

I can't help but think: If this game is similar to Super Mario Galaxy.....will there be any more games similar to Mario titles? 

Supah Sawnik THREEDEE Land confirmed.

I can't help but think: If this game is similar to Super Mario Galaxy.....will there be any more games similar to Mario titles? 

Supah Sawnik THREEDEE Land confirmed.

No....well, I'm not sure what the 3rd Sonic game will be like but I wouldn't count on this for Sonic's 25th anniversary game which will be the first Sonic game on the PS4/Xbox One.

I also like how it's very possible to say fuck you to the dashpad and go around.

I like dat freedom. 

Admittedly that sounds awesome extremely fun, and will be quite cool.... wait a second, what if the dashpanels are simply in the first level for new players and become sparser and sparser later in the game when players become more accustomed to the new controls

Admittedly that sounds awesome extremely fun, and will be quite cool.... wait a second, what if the dashpanels are simply in the first level for new players and become sparser and sparser later in the game when players become more accustomed to the new controls

Remember when people said those same things about Generations, S4, Unleashed and everything else? We've seen both the first stage in the game (Windy Hill Zone 1) and one that's form at second world at least (Desert Ruins Zone 3/Candy). Both are boosters galore.

Remember when people said those same things about Generations, S4, Unleashed and everything else? We've seen both the first stage in the game (Windy Hill Zone 1) and one that's form at second world at least (Desert Ruins Zone 3/Candy). Both are boosters galore.

Well to be fair Generations didn't really become not booster-heavy until after Chemical Plant. 

Well to be fair Generations didn't really become not booster-heavy until after Chemical Plant. 

Well to be fair Generations was booster heavy all the way through.

ummm, I joined a couple months after gens release, so I wouldnt know, this is the first time I have really been keeping track of a sonic games development hype period XD

The Classic levels didn't really need Dash Panels...

Chemical Plant I'm okay with, because in that level there actually were Dash Panels.

I'm liking this too.

But if they plan on keeping the parkour and control scheme of this game in the next, I hope they make it so when you push forward on the Analog Stick and hold the run button, there is actual build-up to your speed like in the Classic games. And if you let go of the Control stick but keep a hold on to the run button you still keep moving forward a bit instead of coming to a dead stop like I've seen here. That would probably improve the physics even more than they already have been.