Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I'm pretty late because I'm not following this gameee! Trying to go in blind I suppose.

I just found out the Deadly Six's names! Aaaand it's probably the dumbest names I've ever heard for a villain before.

Zaaz? Zeena? Zavok? Cmon Sega might as well throw in Zebo while you're at it too.

Oh and I'm probably gonna back out of getting the 3DS version near launch. I don't like how slippery Sonic looks in that version.

I'm pretty late because I'm not following this gameee! Trying to go in blind I suppose.

I just found out the Deadly Six's names! Aaaand it's probably the dumbest names I've ever heard for a villain before.

Zaaz? Zeena? Zavok? Cmon Sega might as well throw in Zebo while you're at it too.

What's wrong with Zaz? I've taken I liking to that one since being introduced to that character over in the Batman games. Now I can't imagine this Zeti doing anything else other than cutting people up. He's got that crazy look in his eye you know. (I know its spelled differently, but its pronounced the same way)

Zeena and Zavok are also pretty cool in my book.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

They're a little silly-sounding, but this is a series that's given us a big guy named Big and a silver guy named Silver. Goofy Z-names are practically the zenith of wit next to those.

I wonder whether the game will provide its own warrior princess jokes re: Zeena, or if they're just going to ignore that particular elephant.

• Thumbs Up 6

Considering the whole Name-Starts-With-A-"Z" theme the Deadly Six has, I can't help but wonder why they weren't called the *ahem* "Zinister Zix?"

...too obvious?

• Thumbs Up 6

Anybody else think that the yellow guy (forgot his name) looks like the enemies off of mad dash racing.

Iizuka: We realize that Sonic Lost World looks similar to Mario Galaxy.

"With Lost World we wanted to evolve how Sonic works in 3D. When you think about a 3D level, it's still limited - the sides are limited - so we talked about making levels as cubes or tubes. Expanding the sides around 360 degrees enables players to take many paths, not just two or three. We ended up with a tune stage and realised we were a bit close to Mario Galaxy!"

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that's supposed to be "tube".

And now you crushed the user's dreams.

To un-crush those dreams a little, I could definitely see a Music Plant-y stage in this game! It'd fit in with the tone they seem to be setting.

Heheh, get it? "Tone"? Music? ... I'll be in my trailer.

Lost World and SSB4 make me so tempted to buy a Wii U.

I heard that some of the controls for the game have been kind of floaty based on the demo at E3. Sonic Team needs to take some extra time to tweak this, especially since controls have seemingly always been a concern in 3D Sonic Games...

So, we can now call it Super Sonic Galaxy without silencing each other? Meh, if you wanna make something similar you might as well get inspired by the best of the best.

Edited by KrazyBean

I wonder who the art director of Lost World is. Sachiko Kawamura headed the art in Unleashed through to Generations, and this sudden shift in art style makes me wonder if someone else is in charge now. It doesn't scream the style of Akira Mikame (2006 art director) or Kazuyuki Hoshino (SA1 to ShTH art director) either. If it's any of them then I'd put my bet on Kawamura, but I'm not sure. Anyone got any ideas?

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm really glad Iizuka finally admitted that obvious similarity. Now some people will finally stop saying stuff like "Shut up, this game looks nothing like Mario galaxy you moron! It looks like Sonic x-treme!"

Because that similarity was obvious from the very announcement.

I still think that the Only similarity to mario galaxy is Windy hill stage design, that's it.

-I never wanted to have to say this but Sonic is becoming second rate it seems.

next thing you know Sonic is going to be getting officially anally raped by mario.... 

next thing you know Sonic is going to be getting officially anally raped by mario.... 

Don't give people ideas.

Don't give people ideas.

Implying that this hasn't been done already.

Couldn't care less if the game looks like Mario Galaxy, it defintely looks like it plays a hell of a lot differently.

Oh no it looks like one of the best 3D platformers of thel ast generation.

Whatever shall we do?

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 7

So far Windy Hill is the only stage so far that looks more like Mario Galaxy. The candy and honey comb stage? Not really.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3