Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Yeah, I was thinking around November because of that. But hey, anything could happen, y'know? Thank you for the info, though. I'll keep my eyes pealed. Besides, I'm preordering it anyway. Hopefully.

I think that if you hold the run trigger while standing still you'll charge a peel-out, and holding both triggers charges a spindash.

That's the thing though, I don't think that's how it plays out. In some of the E3 videos you can see them holding R at some points, even at parts that were slow and involved platforming. If that were something we were allowed to do (stay at running speed if we're skilled enough) then they shouldnt make the peel out for when you're standing still. Cause if you stop moving for even a moment, it would just stop you and rev up a peel out when you didnt want it to lol

But then again, there aren't many other options for controls, and hopefully they dont stick it to a face button...

Yeah, I was thinking around November because of that. But hey, anything could happen, y'know? Thank you for the info, though. I'll keep my eyes pealed. Besides, I'm preordering it anyway. Hopefully.

Gamestop says December 31st o__O...

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/sonic-lost-world/109977#media

November most likely. Early December at latest. SEGA needs to cash in on the holiday rush.

*Sonic re-confirmed to be wearing goggles*

If only, that would be hilarious.

We'll probably find out more at SoS and Sonic Boom.

In all likelihood. Both events get their own special official announcements to my knowledge, so we'll probably see something pertaining to the game with either.

That's the thing though, I don't think that's how it plays out. In some of the E3 videos you can see them holding R at some points, even at parts that were slow and involved platforming. If that were something we were allowed to do (stay at running speed if we're skilled enough) then they shouldnt make the peel out for when you're standing still. Cause if you stop moving for even a moment, it would just stop you and rev up a peel out when you didnt want it to lol

But then again, there aren't many other options for controls, and hopefully they dont stick it to a face button...

Gamestop says December 31st o__O...

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/sonic-lost-world/109977#media

By the looks of it here, it's a case of holding RT whilst standing still and holding A: http://youtu.be/lFJkyN6jtEA?t=2m45s

I'm then assuming that the launch off you have to release A and also be holding a direction and RT.  Though I'm not sure.

EDIT: Also random video.  It's quite amusing because the player forgets that there's a run button in the game and literally spindashes EVERYWHERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1BUk7pshAw

Though there's an interesting bit at 3:14 where the player spindashes up the ramp where a spring would normally propel you and soars up the ramp and onto the platform even without jumping.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

WOAH, did anyone else see that SA2-esque bounce? It is seen in some parts of IGN's footage of the 3DS version, but it's also on the Wii U version. Cool!

Edited by @ut0

WOAH, did anyone else see that SA2-esque bounce? It is seen in some parts of IGN's footage of the 3DS version, but it's also on the Wii U version. Cool!

When?

Blue dots have appeared on Sega-Press beside screenshots and video. Looks like we're getting a new trailer with a bunch of new screenshots soon.

I hope it will finally bring something more interesting than what I've seen so far.

Blue dots have appeared on Sega-Press beside screenshots and video. Looks like we're getting a new trailer with a bunch of new screenshots soon.

I hope it will finally bring something more interesting than what I've seen so far.

Probably just more crappy visuals and mario worlds ;)

In all seriousness though, if love maybe a teaser for the first boss. To see how they are doing them, static, running, do we use the parkour elements at all?

Probably just more crappy visuals and mario worlds wink.png

Yup. is there really a need to try to get me after every single post of mine?

Well I hope to see more levels, NEW levels that are actually cool and look challenging. I also hope to see some more CG scenes to get a better understanding of the story.

That wasn't meant to be "getting you" more of a harmless tease :)

But yeah I wouldn't mind a new level, as long as they don't do a Generations and show them all before hand, I want some surprise goddamnit!

That wasn't meant to be "getting you" more of a harmless tease smile.png

But yeah I wouldn't mind a new level, as long as they don't do a Generations and show them all before hand, I want some surprise goddamnit!

I see.

As for the video, the E3 one seemed more like a teaser to me. I hope this time the trailer will be more informative.

I hope we get some 3D ground levels. I don't really think having the beach level in the sky is a good idea. Parts of it? Eh, okay, but having a beach with the Windy Hill style level design is going to seem very strange.

I hope we get some 3D ground levels. I don't really think having the beach level in the sky is a good idea. Parts of it? Eh, okay, but having a beach with the Windy Hill style level design is going to seem very strange.

Yeah. It already made no sense in Windy Hill where waterfalls were falling into the pit.

Edited by ArtFenix

Well the waterfalls weren't really a problem, I've seen floating waterfalls in other media before. It's just it would be really awkward if the sea was floating in the sky, wouldn't it? Not a deal breaker but I would prefer a few of the 3D levels to be on the ground.

What part of Windy Hill looks even remotely like a beach?

Pretty silly question since it's not really that important, but: has there been any footage where someone has actually used one of the Hint Rings? I'm curious if they're like Heroes-onward ones where it doesn't stop the action or if it's like Colours where everything pauses as the hint pops up on screen.

Ah, alright. I'll assume for now that the same happens in the Wii U version. Not a big deal, but I personally prefer the pre-Colours approach. :P

Since Black Knight, all the games have offered an option to enable or disable hints. Colours specifically asked you if you wanted them on or off before you could even start the game. Lost World, seeing as it's got the same director as Colours and presumably much of same staff, could very well function like that took. I don't mind tutorials halting the gameplay so long as you can completely disable them. Or maybe they'll go the Generations/Heroes approach on the U version where the game doesn't pause.

What part of Windy Hill looks even remotely like a beach?

I think he was just saying that he didn't want another level to have Windy Hill's level structure (Curvy loops in the sky, Galaxy-esque planets, etc.)

One thing that's bothered me so far is the fact that judging by the screenshots Windy Hill's levels remain consistent with each other but Desert Ruins' don't. Unless the evening and night shifts are shifts within certain levels instead of completely different levels. I have no qualms with either approach as long as the game remains consistent to one (e.g. in Galaxy each room had a set of Galaxies that had vastly different themes but that applied to every room).