Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I do like the idea of being able to rack up points and shit the longer you can keep a homing attack chain going.

SA2 and Unleashed Wii did this (as did early versions of '06). It's really good, cause it gives you proper incentive to attack enemies, and gives the designers a reason to make chains less simple.
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's a beginning of a new era. we got classic era, adventure era, boost era, and now parkour era?
What is parkour, it's been mention by alot of you from this game.

It's a beginning of a new era. we got classic era, adventure era, boost era, and now parkour era?

Ever heard of free-running? It's like that. If not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeqHj3Nj2c

Edited by TripsS3

When Sonic goes fast he'll automatically vault and jump over small obstacles. He can also run up walls and climb up ledges. Basically, he sorta controls like the Assassin in Assassin's Creed except faster.

Edited by TimmiT

When Sonic goes fast he'll automatically vault and jump over small obstacles. He can also run up walls and climb up ledges. Basically, he sorta controls like the Assassin in Assassin's Creed except faster.

I can only hope it works that well. The bits in the trailer where he runs up walls to vault over ledges, or just the bit where he does a flip to get onto a wooden bridge look promising.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I really hope that animal rescuing doesn't somehow become a wall to limit the access of content that otherwise should be readily available.

You know, like Acts.

I would be genuinely surprised if Sega did that again, especially as I think that only the HD version of Unleashed even did it to begin with. Unleashed Wii intelligently made medals awards for getting good ranks in levels that simply unlock bonus areas and items. I think even following games like Colours used an adaptation of this via the red ring system.

I feel like they modernized the animals a little bit, but at the same time, they still retain their classic feel. After all, the one thing all these animals have in common is how defenseless they are. I mean, Chao EAT them for breakfast (well not the animals themselves, but their life force as the animals die a slow and painful death - just like real animals, they hide so you don't see them die.)

I feel depressed now.

I always thought it would have been better to just have the animals be "magical" creatures which the Chao absorb into themselves and have them instantly disappear during the process.

Edited by EuroMIX

I can only hope it works that well. The bits in the trailer where he runs up walls to vault over ledges, or just the bit where he does a flip to get onto a wooden bridge look promising.

Of course he can parkour well! He's the same voice actor as Ezio Auditore after all :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course he can parkour well! He's the same voice actor as Ezio Auditore after all :3

So I guess he's fairly proficient at shooting tons of crazed Africans and Asians, then?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes. But several pages back so keep it up please. I believe Woun posted it.

Keeping up on a topic that's gained roughly 140 pages in a week or so's timing is pretty crazy. I don't think anyone can be arsed to stay on top of what's been posted on a dime XD.

As for the parkour thing, I'm actually kinda surprised it's only started now in the Sonic series. It's like the perfect mechanic for keeping flow at break neck speeds when you got objects and walls and such everywhere. The only thing I hope doesn't happen is it messing with precision platforming. If need to stop on a tiny platform, but I accidentally did a flashy front flip move off a wall ledge before then and over shoot it because it needs to finish the animation or something, that'd get kinda annoying quick.

Though I don't think it'll come to that really, just looking at all angles of it I guess *shrugs*. As for the wall running bit, I really hope you can wall transfer while doing it, since running walls on a corridor or something would be really badass, jumping wall to wall to avoid spikes on the walls or something.

Though I don't think it'll come to that really, just looking at all angles of it I guess *shrugs*. As for the wall running bit, I really hope you can wall transfer while doing it, since running walls on a corridor or something would be really badass, jumping wall to wall to avoid spikes on the walls or something.

There was a screenshot like that which made it look likee that would indeed be the case, here it is.

28022soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12

As for the wall running bit, I really hope you can wall transfer while doing it, since running walls on a corridor or something would be really badass, jumping wall to wall to avoid spikes on the walls or something.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do it.  The 3ds version has him on a wall with another one parallel to him with rings on it that is set up perfectly to be jumped to. Since bother feature 3D levels I assume parkour mechanics are shared between both versions.

EDIT: Damn it Soniman! Literally three seconds faster to the post button!

Edited by Liam The Animator

So I guess he's fairly proficient at shooting tons of crazed Africans and Asians, then?

But of course.

Didn't you know? Him and his uncle, Mario, teamed up waaaaay before they were in the olmypics together :B

marioc7kbg.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't know why I personally prefer chao's better,their much cute and it wouldn't seem as weird to see 10 of them looking exactly alike. Not mentioned there diffrent type of them so they can suits different environments more natural.

There was a screenshot like that which made it look likee that would indeed be the case, here it is.   28022soniclostworldwiiuscreenshots720p12
That... doesn't look half-bad, actually. Where did you find such a good quality screenshot?!

That... doesn't look half-bad, actually. Where did you find such a good quality screenshot?!

Well, the watermark there's good indication of the image's origin...

Seriously, though, it does look quite lovely. I especially love the after-image effect Sonic has there -- I wonder why it took them so long to implement it in a 3D Sonic game...

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, though, it does look quite lovely. I especially love the after-image effect Sonic has there -- I wonder why it took them so long to implement it in a 3D Sonic game...

I'm honestly not a big fan.  It's a little too cheesy for me.

Yeah, what would be even cooler would be if sonic could drill his own tunnels with his spin dash like how he does in the cartoons.

The after image effect remind me of the Advance/Rush games, which is probably why I like it ... and why some will hate it. :V

I also like the after image effect, it reminds me of Advance 2 when you reach top speed. It looks a bit rough in the trailer, but hopefully it'll be smoothed out by the time the game is released.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, though, it does look quite lovely. I especially love the after-image effect Sonic has there -- I wonder why it took them so long to implement it in a 3D Sonic game...

Maybe the animator was waiting for Hyper Sonic to be put in a new game, but went "screw it" and gave it to SLW Sonic? Edited by @ut0
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Hyper Sonic, I wonder if Super Sonic will be in this game. It would be a shame to see him not playable after having him in Colours and Generations. I just hope he's not nerfed to hell and is actually useful.

• Thumbs Up 3

One detail I love about the less busy graphics is that it's so much easier to pinpoint Sonic. Look at these two screens.

fb8n0TF.jpg

You can easily tell the characters in the foreground from the background. Honestly, I've even heard that Sonic Generations busy environments distracted them from the experience.

Edited by Autosaver

By useful you mean completely game-breaking This game has so much fan service that a traditionally unlockable Super Sonic might be in it. They did it in Colors, so why not in SLW? I personally don't really care much about Super Sonic, but I do think that demoting what was a regular reward for the player who busted his/her ass saving at least 50 rings to access challenging special stages (sans 3&K) and beating said special stages to something that's automatically given to you only to use in a boss fight is bull.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone confirm/elaborate on this for me? I am very excited at the prospect of this being true, but I haven't really seen any quotes on this feature. What I mean is: is this a one-off level, or should we expect the same kind of variety throughout the other zones? A night desert level would be

590217-cave_of_wonders.png

Yup.

...isn't that the Panther King from Conker's Bad Fur Day? OMG!!!!!!! HE HAS RETURNEDED!!!11111

• Thumbs Up 1

By useful you mean completely game-breaking

This game has so much fan service that a traditionally unlockable Super Sonic might be in it. They did it in Colors, so why not in SLW?

I personally don't really care much about Super Sonic, but I do think that demoting what was a regular reward for the player who busted his/her ass saving at least 50 rings to access challenging special stages (sans 3&K) and beating said special stages to something that's automatically given to you only to use in a boss fight is bull.

Hey, it was fun breaking the game with Super Sonic in the classic games. Generations completely shat over him though, you were better off using skills to go faster and boosting would run your rings dry.

If he is unlockable at least make him overpowered as hell, who doesn't want to clip through the stage and completely destroy a level with him. biggrin.png

Edited by TheCakeMiester