Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Awkward looking though it was, I didn't actually mind the w/Elise stages. Tropical Jungle actually wasn't bad at all. Relative to the rest of the game at least...

You know, I actually agree with this. In fact, I'd easily take a whole game of these stages over the Mach Speed courses any day.

YES. Apparently it does. Wow.

This is beautiful! :D Makes me actually want to play it...

Wait, no.. NO! MUST... RESIST.... aaargh.

Also, Eggman still possessing Elise's Magical Aura of Doom is pretty funny! I guess in Eggy's case it could be a Sciencey Sphere of Electromagnetism! :D

Same hacker as the gems mod.

Here new:

Edited by Mefiresu
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, talk about going from one extreme to the other.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

... You know, when I said that I wanted a faster Sonic outside of those silly Mach Speed areas... this isn't what I had in mind.

• Thumbs Up 6

At least now his walking speed can actually validate him being able to walk up hills!

Wonder if there'll ever be a day where technology could render a full Sonic level constantly at that speed... sure, it'd be unplayable and gives me a bit of motion sickness as it is, but it's be a more hilarious tech demo than seeing Final Fantasy 7's opening recreated again.

I think it's important.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/09/26/creating-silver-the-hedgehog

Before the Sonic The Hedgehog team was formed, our development team was considering creating a new game (other than a Sonic game) set in a very realistic world, using the physics engine. However, when we were assigned to start concepting for the new Sonic game for next generation platforms, we decided to combine these ideas together. We implemented the realistic features and the physics engine ideas and brought them to these game systems, within the Sonic franchise.

So it looks like overall realism wasn't the idea in itself, or based on story, it was just to not to drop the stuff that's been already made? It's kinda lazy. Edited by crystallize

I dislike this kickstarter wave of late but I would actually put a few done if sega could go back and let sonic team finish the game they had planned instead of rushing it for his 15th anv. Such as the online modes, balancing levels, freshing up the graphics in game, etc.  as ive said in the past. I liked the game and I will not forget the first few months of playing it as amazing. But now even though i still play it i see it as a buggy game. But i still have a spot in my heart for 06.

I dislike this kickstarter wave of late but I would actually put a few done if sega could go back and let sonic team finish the game they had planned instead of rushing it for his 15th anv. Such as the online modes, balancing levels, freshing up the graphics in game, etc.  as ive said in the past. I liked the game and I will not forget the first few months of playing it as amazing. But now even though i still play it i see it as a buggy game. But i still have a spot in my heart for 06.

Just......... no. Sonic Team has moved on. Sega has moved on. Most fans have moved on ( or are at least trying to). They could have done this with the ps3 port in 2007, but it may not have been salvageable if those features were " fixed." It's been seven years! I'd like to see Sonic Team devote their time and resources to a completely original game, instead of trying to salvage a massive failure. Just move on.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's important.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/09/26/creating-silver-the-hedgehog

So it looks like overall realism wasn't the idea in itself, or based on story, it was just to not to drop the stuff that's been already made? It's kinda lazy.

Not only lazy, but also incredibly moronic.

Wow, all of a sudden, 06 actually became even more insulting.

I really didn't think it could get any worse.

I dislike this kickstarter wave of late but I would actually put a few done if sega could go back and let sonic team finish the game they had planned instead of rushing it for his 15th anv. 

pls stahp

I said I wouldn't post in this topic again but I thought this is very funny don't you think? xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Not only lazy, but also incredibly moronic.

I'd be glad to listen for your point. smile.png

Wow, all of a sudden, 06 actually became even more insulting.

I've changed something. It's cool. biggrin.png Edited by crystallize

I'd be glad to listen for your point. smile.png

Abject realism and Sonic don't mix. Ergo, sticking an idea that has literally nothing to do with Sonic into a Sonic game is incredibly moronic.

I'd like to think that's pretty obvious.

You know, I'm getting seriously sick of arguing about this seven-year-old game that doesn't matter anymore...maybe I should just stay out of this thread.

I've changed something. It's cool. biggrin.png

um

okay

Another issue I have with Sonic 06 in terms of story is the whole issue with Mephiles and Sonic.  Why exactly did Mephiles target Sonic anyway? I was curious to why Mephiles wanted Sonic dead but since he and Sonic never interact until the last story, I couldn't help but be a little puzzled. How did Mephiles know that he could get Elise to cry by killing Sonic? How did he know about their relationship? Was he secretly stalking them whenever he wasn't tricking Silver or harassing Shadow?  If he wishes to free Iblis so he could becoming whole again, then shouldn't he be trying to kill Elise? Therefore in the last story we could have a scene where Mephiles goes for the easy kill but Sonic notices and pushes Elise out the way, getting himself killed in the process and Sonic's death would have made a great deal more sense.

Also, we see in a cutscene where it's revealed that Shadow was the one that first imprisoned Mephiles and Mephiles threatens to kill Shadow should he ever be released but when that happens Mephiles decides to warp Shadow to the future and then tries convince Shadow to join the dark side. Whaaaaaa?

• Thumbs Up 2

Another issue I have with Sonic 06 in terms of story is the whole issue with Mephiles and Sonic.  Why exactly did Mephiles target Sonic anyway? I was curious to why Mephiles wanted Sonic dead but since he and Sonic never interact until the last story, I couldn't help but be a little puzzled. How did Mephiles know that he could get Elise to cry by killing Sonic? How did he know about their relationship? Was he secretly stalking them whenever he wasn't tricking Silver or harassing Shadow?  If he wishes to free Iblis so he could becoming whole again, then shouldn't he be trying to kill Elise? Therefore in the last story we could have a scene where Mephiles goes for the easy kill but Sonic notices and pushes Elise out the way, getting himself killed in the process and Sonic's death would have made a great deal more sense.

Also, we see in a cutscene where it's revealed that Shadow was the one that first imprisoned Mephiles and Mephiles threatens to kill Shadow should he ever be released but when that happens Mephiles decides to warp Shadow to the future and then tries convince Shadow to join the dark side. Whaaaaaa?

I think Mephiles was feeling awfully dickish during '06.

He could have told a hilarious joke to Elise and she could have cried from laughter.

Edited by Dom
  • Thumbs Up 2

Henceforth, more proof that Mephiles is an imbecile who takes the most complex route instead of simply killing Elise/beating her up/whatever. As well as a guy with Goku-worthy forgiveness: "You sealed me, NOW I WILL KILL YOU! But would you wish to join me even though I just said I wanted to kll you?"

Things that cause shedding of tears:

Crying, laughter, irritants, wind, dust, drowsiness, hormones, odours, abrasions, being a teenager, and onions.

Yeah, no way in hell Iblis stayed sealed up for more than a month. More than an hour is unlikely once the princess got told that "Hey, you know how your mom's dead? Well, your dead just died too. You're an orphan. Sorry about that."

So I totally understand why Mephiles thought he had to take such unnecessary complex actions. After all, common sense and human biology clearly weren't in effect in Sonic 06's universe.

Edited by Emmett L. Brown
  • Thumbs Up 3

Or maybe Heroes and ShtH were actually the set up for...ELISE ANDRIODS!

Things that cause shedding of tears:

Crying, laughter, irritants, wind, dust, drowsiness, hormones, odours, abrasions, being a teenager, and onions.

Yeah, no way in hell Iblis stayed sealed up for more than a month. More than an hour is unlikely once the princess got told that "Hey, you know how your mom's dead? Well, your dead just died too. You're an orphan. Sorry about that."

So I totally understand why Mephiles thought he had to take such unnecessary complex actions. After all, common sense and human biology clearly weren't in effect in Sonic 06's universe.

Not that I disagree with where you're going with this, but I seriously doubt the King meant that so literally. The way I saw it, the seal is broken by the feelings of depression/despair the audience clearly associates with crying, and it's not unreasonable to assume even as a kid that Elise knew his daddy wasn't being fucking pedantic about it.

In fact, let's take a quick look at that unsealing scene again, shall we?

Did you see any tears? I know I didn't.

Of course, whether Elise could avoid being sad or distraught for ten whole years beggars belief is a point I wouldn't dare contest, but in a better game I'm sure that kind of restraint would be admirable.

But this is the game where only Amy cries when Sonic is dead, no one else really seems bothered.

You are probably right in what it actually means, but the game states that she isn't allowed to cry, not " never have feeling of despair or extreme sadness" I know t doesn't sound as good but that just shows more flaws in the writing, if you don't mean something don't put it in, it's an example of Chekovs gun. If the game stated "never cry tears of despair/true sadness" it would have been clearer

Very interesting points all around. It really does look like there was more to it than just simple crying alone. It looks like she had to be yanked to the depths of emotional hell and back for the seal to be truly broken.

In retrospect Mephiles' plan makes a bit more sense that considered. He first had to make sure Elise and Sonic were endeared to each other, then brutally murder Sonic to see the trauma it would have on her. We know Shadow's all kinds of messed up from seeing Maria pretty much die in front of him; why not Elise too?

Of course that begs the question as to what her relationship with her father was. Was he abusive to her or something? I know romance and familial bonds are different but... powerful love is still powerful love. While the angle would make sense if it was established the Duke was so caught up in his duties he never really bonded with her, it looked like they were close from all we saw.

Of course that begs the question as to what her relationship with her father was. Was he abusive to her or something? I know romance and familial bonds are different but... powerful love is still powerful love. While the angle would make sense if it was established the Duke was so caught up in his duties he never really bonded with her, it looked like they were close from all we saw.

To be fair I have seen children when their parents die and they don't really grasp the fact of death, and if they do i don't know if it really hits home with the force it would with an older child, she didn't look all that old and wouldn't surprise me if she was protected from the full knowledge by her carers.

Even when she got older and she was old enough to properly appreciate death, it wouldn't really hit home as she had already gone through it and it wouldn't be as fresh in her mind

Come to think of it... Skinny, sensitive girl haven't cried for ten years. You can't find anything less possible.

Another point I just realised. The Duke obviously had the Sceptre of darkness on hand, in case something like this happened...why didn't he have something to deal with Iblis? He seemed to k or enough about the flame and its properties, aswell as Mephelies to know that the sceptre would work, so why nothing for Iblis? Maybe he did and it got destroyed, it just seems like he hasn't thought of it