Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

To all defensive 06 fans:

Look, it's perfectly fine if you like the game and had a fun time with it. But there is a reason why people hate it so much. Before the game released, fans expected high speed gameplay, an epic story, day and night cycles, power ups that weren't broken as all hell, and a low amount of glitches. What did they get instead? Slow moving characters that only became speedy with the use of springs/dash pads or nearly unplayable mach speed sections.A story that focused on rescuing a helpless princess god knows how many fucking times, contradictions to the series left and right ( looking at you, Blaze), and a romance between Sonic and Elise that in a nutshell, could be called bestiality, accompanied by some of the worst voice acting in the series. Instead of receiving the incredibly beautiful day and night cycles, we were "treated" to a boring ass aesthetic the developers described  as " what if sonic... WAS IN THE REAL WORD". Oh, and you call the shrinking gem that endlessly propels you into the air good game design, even though it takes away all challenge from the player? Glitches? Oh yes, I'm sure randomly clipping through floors, walls, and not being able to jump off a wall as Knuckles and Rogue is perfectly tolerable and not a big deal. Oh, and did I mention load times? Having to sit through 4 load times that take an eternity for just one town mission just isn't excusable.

True, this game is a mess, but we did get two positives to come out of it. Firstly, the Soundtrack. I don't find a lot of it memorable, but the vocal themes are some of the best we've heard in the series. Secondly, it at least showed Sonic Team they really didn't know what they were doing, fired the development team, and hired a new one. If this game didn't happen, we may not have even gotten titles like Generations. I'm truly grateful for 06's existence, but I don't know why it has so many fans that think the game is great.

Basically, I'm trying to say that it's fine if you enjoyed 06. However, you have to admit that it's a poorly made title, and an absolute failure.

Edited by Knightofthewind417

a romance between Sonic and Elise that in a nutshell, could be called bestiality,

Negative -- no carnal hyjinks actually happened at any point in the game. The worst thing that happened was that kiss, which was done to revive Sonic. That romance can be described with many words -- bestiality is not one of them.

• Thumbs Up 5

Was the kiss awkward, yes. Was it uncomfortable to watch, yes. Was it cheesy and emotionaless,yes. But was it Bestiality?No. Basically what Komo said. There was no making out or sexual actions being displayed in the game at all.

Negative -- no carnal hyjinks actually happened at any point in the game. The worst thing that happened was that kiss, which was done to revive Sonic. That romance can be described with many words -- bestiality is not one of them.

What Komo said. Bestiality is generally sexual, and between a human and a non-consenting normal animal, who can't consent because they can't communicate with humans.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

It honestly bothers me that people call the thing with Sonic and Elise bestiality.
Sonic is a humanoid type character with the intelligence of a human.
Hes not a freeking normal hedgehog.
If Sonic type characters existed in the real world it would probably be normal for ramances to exist between humans and anthropomorphics.

• Thumbs Up 1

It honestly bothers me that people call the thing with Sonic and Elise bestiality.

Sonic is a humanoid type character with the intelligence of a human.

Hes not a freeking normal hedgehog.

If Sonic type characters existed in the real world it would probably be normal for ramances to exist between humans and anthropomorphics.

I wouldn't call it "NORMAL", but it would be TECHNICALLY fine, since Sonic can consent to romance, unlike your average animal.

I swear to god, ever since Sonic screwed up in including that kiss people have been misusing the term "beastiality" even more than ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear to god, ever since Sonic screwed up in including that kiss people have been misusing the term "beastiality" even more than ever.

Even Chuggaaconroy. I like his walkthroughs, but his Bestiality joke is a major turn off for some of his videos sometimes, especially since it's clearly misused. Wonder if he'd respond to me telling him that he's using the word wrong?

EDIT: apparently not. contact locked his account. Well balls.

Here's the original post I was going to make, if you feel like reading it for some reason:

Hi, I'm a fan of your videos, and I love that you make them, but there is a small complaint I have to make in regards to your use of the word "bestiality" alongside Sonic Next-Gen.

Bestiality/Zoophilia is defined as "sex between a human and a NON-human animal," with particular emphasis on the NON human part.

Sonic, by technical terms, might be an animal, but he is an anthropomorphic animal who is capable of consenting to a romance, and has often times exhibited very human like traits, and as squicky/awkward as it could be, a relationship with Elise would technically not be bestiality. It should be noted that the idea of a romance/romantic feelings between a human and a non-human isn't exactly a strange concept, referencing things such as "The Cat Returns" from Studio Ghibli.

Now was the romance in question badly done, poorly built up to, and downright stupid? Yes, I don't deny this in the slightest, nor do I defend Sonic Next-Gens overall lackluster quality. But I do feel a sense of irritation at seeing the word "bestiality" being so heavily misused, especially coming from someone as smart as you.

I also note the silliness of me arguing with you over a fictional character, but I felt this needed to be addressed.

Thanks for reading, and keep on chugging out your videos!

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

Added some sun effect in White Acropolis. I really like how shadows fall.

That looks pretty damn awesome, but I'm really curious about your avatar. That actually looks like a damn awesome fix of Sonic's model.

What put me off most with Sonic and Elise's relationship was not only that it was written badly but that it looked really awkward. Sonic's hands are larger than her head, and his head is HUGE compared to Elise's too. It's so weird to see an Uncanny Valley human falling in love with a talking blue hedgehog who is 4 feet tall and has cartoon proportions. D:

This game will always have a special place in my heart.  One of the first xbox 360 games I've ever played.  

Honestly, whenever I read comments like on here I have a difficult time trying not to think that someone is trying troll, because that just easily sets people off when someone actually praises Sonic 06.

Honestly, whenever I read comments like on here I have a difficult time trying not to think that someone is trying troll, because that just easily sets people off when someone actually praises Sonic 06.

That, and this topic has just been one big cycle of someone saying "It wasn't that bad guys!" followed by people saying why it was bad until it leads into another big discussion/flamewar which will ultimately sizzle out and eventually start anew.

And people wonder why it's hard to let go of 06'.

This cycle is like cockroaches. Every time you think it's dead, it comes back to plague humanity once more...

• Thumbs Up 2

This cycle is like cockroaches. Every time you think it's dead, it comes back to plague humanity once more...

You forgive humanity this folly then?

You guys are really taking the charm out of hating this game. :lol:

There is no charm in hating this game. 

In fact I'm pretty sure the intense hatred I have for this game is probably seen by many as being the exact opposite of charming.....

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOObsxl4R4

... What in the love of Mighty the Armadillo did I just watch!?

It's even more funny because of 06's breakdancing animation, haha

Interesting, but is there a way to actually make the snowboarding controls not be utter butts?

It's like the Humiliskate from Crash Twinsanity; but the comedic purposes in this video are for totally different reasons.