Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

I was just making a comment about how time lapse hasn't stopped Archie in the past. SA2 (2001) received a full fledged comic adaption in Sonic Universe #2 (2009). What's that? like 8 years?

I wouldn't really consider Shadow having a few flashbacks to the events of SA2 as being a "full-fledged comic adaptation".

How exactly could such an adaptation even be done, anyway? Have Sonic go to Soleanna to investigate possible Badnik activity?

I wouldn't really consider Shadow having a few flashbacks to the events of SA2 as being a "full-fledged comic adaptation".

If that off panel is anything to go by, then the people over at Archie must figure its close enough.

Its miles past most of the stuff we get for the other game adaptions anyway. The only ones that got a bigger stake were the Olympic titles and Transformed.

How exactly could such an adaptation even be done, anyway? Have Sonic go to Soleanna to investigate possible Badnik activity?

Well, Mephiles does make a cameo in Zone Jail in a Sonic Universe issue. He could easily break out, I'm sure.

Edited by Chaos Controller

The character of Elise is replaced.. by *gulp* Sally?! Somehow it's her that contains the Flames of Disaster?!

Well, Mephiles does make a cameo in Zone Jail in a Sonic Universe issue. He could easily break out, I'm sure.

Except Ian confirmed in recent interview that wasn't the actual Mephiles and was just an alternate version of him.

Except Ian confirmed in recent interview that wasn't the actual Mephiles and was just an alternate version of him.

Yeah, that did seem more like a funny cameo, if anything. lol

The Encyclopedia actually seems to suggest that if Solaris/Mephiles/Iblis were to appear in the comics, it would actually be the same entity from the game universe. After having his flame extinguished, he wasn't defeated. He instead ended up in the comic universe. O_O

Sounds like the potential for a "DC Crisis"-esque plot to me.

Edited by Chaos Controller
  • Thumbs Up 1

Elise is canon to the comic, so eh.

Thing is, and people are forgetting this, Archie's official position is that they already adapted 06. You just don't know it because the adaptation erased itself in the end.

• Thumbs Up 8

Elise is canon to the comic, so eh.

Thing is, and people are forgetting this, Archie's official position is that they already adapted 06. You just don't know it because the adaptation erased itself in the end.

Mind = blown.

I'm not kidding, either. Go read the last page of the Encyclopedia. Here, a tl;dr version:

"the plot of Sonic 06 happened, including the part where it erased itself, so we're not doing anything. However, if there's enough demand we can always say Mephiles somehow managed to crawl through a crack in time or something. It works in Doctor Who."

Meanwhile, Elise and Soleanna have gotten further mentions.

• Thumbs Up 2

However, if there's enough demand

Oh bloody fuckin' hell...

-loads sniper rifle cartridges-  Time to go scour deviantart.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hahaha.

I would personally love an adaptation of '06 written by Ian Flynn. It might actually be, dare I say, good ?

The only hint at something different is the mention that Solaris is rumoured to be one of the Seven Ixis Masterworks, much like Chaos, supposedly.

Edited by Captain Harlock

I seem to remember seeing a reference to Soleanna, I think it was soon after a story featuring Hope Kintobor and the remaining other humans...

Anyways, wouldn't be a massive risk for Archie to even touch Sonic '06 with a bargepole? I mean, there is soooooo much hate for the game, surely readers would refuse to touch it?! Or just buy copies to burn? :P

Also... we kind of sort of already have Silver's story in the current arc; he's trying to prevent a disaster from happening, and he's realised his mission is not what he though it was. He's even done some sitting around and sulking, pondering if what he is doing is right! :D

In my opinion, this wasn't much of a trainwreck as people say. I saw it as a test for that new hedgehog engine. They learned from the glitches and brought us Sonic Unleashed and made it better and better than came Sonic Colors. I hope to see more Sonic in the future. The new gameplay is still hot since 2008. Only thing about Sonic 2006 I did like was the power gems. They were okay.

Oh, hey new guy here! happy.png

In my opinion, this wasn't much of a trainwreck as people say. I saw it as a test for that new hedgehog engine. They learned from the glitches and brought us Sonic Unleashed and made it better and better than came Sonic Colors. I hope to see more Sonic in the future. The new gameplay is still hot since 2008. Only thing about Sonic 2006 I did like was the power gems. They were okay.

Why is that every new member pops by here to say how much this game didn't suck?!

And I don't think '06 used the Hedgehog Engine.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why is that every new member pops by here to say how much this game didn't suck?!

I stand corrected, the Havok engine. Sorry. It's just the game was bad but not that bad. It's just my opinion of it. Newer games was the resulted of something soo glitchy and load screen consuming.....

Still kinda like the gems though.....  dry.png 

Newer games was the resulted of something soo glitchy and load screen consuming.....

... This part confuses me. What was "glitchy and load screen consuming" about Sonic Unleashed, Colors, and Generations?

To answer you. No it didn't. The 1st game the H.E. was in was Unleashed HD. Then Generations. 

As for your actual question. They may not be as deep in the series as most of the vets here. I thought the game was decent, then the longer I stayed here, I realized how bad it was. Minus the music and graphics (yes I'm one of the few that actually like the visuals).

... This part confuses me. What was "glitchy and load screen consuming" about Sonic Unleashed, Colors, and Generations?

I think he meant that the better quality of those games was a result of trying to rectify the major issues of 06.
  • Thumbs Up 4

What I meant to say is that, there hasn't been any problems like that after Sonic 2006. I didn't mean to miscommunicate. blush.png

Err, this site is gonna take a long time to get use to.....

I think he meant that the better quality of those games was a result of trying to rectify the major issues of 06.

Thanks for clarifying. happy.png

Edited by CSW1023
  • Thumbs Up 2

This game was a trainwreck of a production and no matter how much one may have subjectively enjoyed the game, it was factually flawed in many ways, to the detriment of the overall experience, likely due to a potent combination of rushing the game out and rather abhorrent design ideas.

There.

Although I too rather liked the music.

Edited by Heinous Creature
  • Thumbs Up 1

They learned from the glitches and brought us Sonic Unleashed and made it better and better than came Sonic Colors.

Almost entire 2006 development team was fired soon after release and had no chance to learn something, or at least to apply anything they learnt.

[laughs]

Sonic 2006 is like a landmine in your heads. If someone mentions it even in a slightly positive way - you explode.

Well, you already explained it earlier about "eating shit" etc.

Edited by crystallize
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering that the game nearly killed a franchise which most of us hold so dearly in our hearts, I think the rather volatile reaction towards positivity regarding said game, is pretty justified.

Added some sun effect in White Acropolis. I really like how shadows fall.

Edited by Mefiresu
  • Thumbs Up 1