Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Even when Knuckles was actively in the games, the storylines were struggling damn hard to give him any reason to be, nevermind give him something to do.

That's just political correct nonsense.

I don't think you know what that term means.

But how do you know this for sure? Where in any game does Sonic not accept help from any of his friends?

No really, come back with some citations of Sonic saying or doing any of this from the games.

Dude, you're forgetting that Sonic's friends offered him the best and most vital help they could have, just recently in fact!

They warned him about homing shots!

• Thumbs Up 6

That's just political correct nonsense. Sonic is a glory-hunter.

If that's "political nonsense" and Sonic is a glory-hunter, why isn't he running for president?

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure whether I find the ongoing discussion sad or amusing.

All pretense of having a valid discussion have been dropped. This is now just straight trolling. Why continue discussing this. You're wasting time and energy engaging in this mess.

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA doesn't want to offend Knuckles fans, so they made a PC reason to exclude him, while we all know that Sonic doesn't share.

...Are you seriously thinking that Sonic is real?

He doesn't say it. You can feel it, he never asks for help. Other characters don't appear because they know he's a selfish hedgehog.

So... basically, you got no actual proof to back your point. Come on now, that's a lousy way to present your argument. Step it up...

I really loved Kingdom Valley. For what it's worth, It's beautiful to look at, the gameplay can be sort of fun at points (for Sonic's section at least) and the Mach Speed section is pretty decent control wise. Also, I really enjoyed Radical Train no matter who I was playing it as. Sonic's stage was decent, I didn't feel like tearing my hair out with Silver, and Shadow's version was actually pretty damn awesome, sans the motorcycle segment. Oh, and that's not to mention the iconic "Shadow Roundhouse kicking Silver" scene. Best part of the game right there folks!

Eh, while I do think Radical Train is alright, Sonic and Shadow's second parts just kinda killed its appeal for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA doesn't want to offend Knuckles fans, so they made a PC reason to exclude him, while we all know that Sonic doesn't share.

You... keep going on about it like Sonic's a living breathing person with his own will rather than a character who's personality and portrayal is completely at the hands of the writer. It's not like he went "ah yeah, Knuckles? screw that guy- I don't want 'im in my games anymore. Give him the boot, make up some PR bull about why he's gone and let's do lunch after that. Until then I'll be in my trailer."

Sonic fights for the glory of the God Emperor nowadays, didn't you know?

relic_sonic-e1359148688416-660x883.jpg

Burn the heretics!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

*Facepalm*

No, I mean that in the GAME, Sonic is a selfish hedgehog.

I apologize everyone but i'm too curious. What are you talking about?mellow.png

...so how about that Sonic 06 having anything  redeemable in it, eh?

I liked the concept of the Amigo system in which the "Amigo" characters were playable in the main levels of their respective storylines, with -mostly- identical gameplay to the starring characters-it was probably the best attempt to make featured/appearing characters playable in a 3D Sonic game. As well as some of it's music. Also thought some level themes were good, and I also would still like to see a PC port of the game, if only to see hackers' attempts to actually improve the game.

I also thought -gasp!- that the game wasn't doomed to be shit on a disc the moment it was conceptualized-I still believe that development on the game crumbled soon after Naka jumped ship to Prope and took most of the original Sonic Team members with him (although I don't know whether this happened during or after development of the game). And I'm pretty sure all of those rumors that Microsoft and Sony had a hand in Christmas rushing the game is mostly bullshit.

Otherwise, there's nothing else I would find salvageable or likable in this game.

I didn't like the amigo system. I didn't like how they said OH HEY LET'S HAVE YOU TAKE CONTROL OF BLAZE NOW HAVE FUN ADJUSTING TO THIS NEW GAMEPLAY STYLE. They'd be better off with their own episodes like in Sonic Adventure.

And I doubt there's much hackers can do to improve it. If the game itself is shit, then it will always be shit, no matter how many improvements to it hackers can make.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I didn't like the amigo system. I didn't like how they said OH HEY LET'S HAVE YOU TAKE CONTROL OF BLAZE NOW HAVE FUN ADJUSTING TO THIS NEW GAMEPLAY STYLE. They'd be better off with their own episodes like in Sonic Adventure.

And I doubt there's much hackers can do to improve it. If the game itself is shit, then it will always be shit, no matter how many improvements to it hackers can make.

I only said I liked the idea of having side character playable in the main character's levels, and as I previously noted with similar gameplay styles. If that wasn't in the game then I apologize.

Also never underestimate the ability of hackers.

I'd still rather they were confined to their own story instead of being randomly forced on you.

And even if hackers fixed every problem with the game, you'd still have a bad storyline with horrendous voice acting.

Having the Amigos around was about as jarring as switching Team Members in Heroes. If anything, I think the Amigo system is a viable way to get a high number of characters in a game, have them actually be useful, have them more guaranteed to be solid players, and not take up too much time from the main character(s).

It was bad in '06 because it wasn't like in Heroes where everyone played mostly the same. The characters were very different from each other. Some were faster, some could double-jump, some couldn't Homing Attack enemies ect. Imagine going from running really fast as Sonic to having to contend with Silver's slow gameplay and completely different method of traversing through levels.

It's like playing an FPS only to suddenly turn into a racing game for a few minutes before going back again.

If it were optional, though, maybe.

Having the Amigos around was about as jarring as switching Team Members in Heroes. If anything, I think the Amigo system is a viable way to get a high number of characters in a game, have them actually be useful, have them more guaranteed to be solid players, and not take up too much time from the main character(s).

The problem there for me is that I really don't like random switching in the middle of a stage. Heroes worked because I had complete control over it. Though it was suggested you use certain formations in certain areas and forced in many more, you could ultimately do what you liked. With the Amigos in '06 you had to completely give up control of your main character to control another for a set period, and that was just annoying. 

Edited by Blue Blood

Most of the time they attempted to justify the character switch by introducing hazards that only the Amigo would be equipped to handle, like long stretches to fly over as Tails. But I gotta wonder, is there anything Amy could do that Silver wouldn't be perfectly able to handle on his own?

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem there for me is that I really don't like random switching in the middle of a stage. Heroes worked because I had complete control over it. Though it was suggested you use certain formations in certain areas and forced in many more, you could ultimately do what you liked. With the Amigos in '06 you had to completely give up control of your main character to control another for a set period, and that was just annoying.

I didn't feel it annoying, mainly because every character basically functions and plays the same within reason, so the act of going between the characters doesn't feel like a particularly jarring switch. I felt using the Day/Night hourglass in Eggmanland was more egregious in this regard, despite the fact that I like the switching there too.

....Did you guys seriously have like five pages of going back and forth with a guy who hardly has any clue what he's talking about? Seriously?

Anywho, the switch between the levels with characters isn't nearly as jarring as it sounds, but it still pretty inconsistent if you're used to one character and then have to switch on the fly to another. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was just the Amigo characters, but switching to Silver in Sonic's story just didn't sit well with me.

....Did you guys seriously have like five pages of going back and forth with a guy who hardly has any clue what he's talking about? Seriously?

Atleast it's over now.

The back and forth was actually dead long before you made it a note to bring it up again. :X

• Thumbs Up 4