Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Also adding the why did we go through Wave Ocean as Sonic to catch the Egg Carrier when it ends with it getting away?

At least Red Mountain had the excuse of Tails coming at te convienent time whereas in this game, the whole level was a big waste of time.

I love the game!

It has lots of problems but I still like it.

It had Shadow and Silver (2 of my favourite characters), the levels were good, the story was interesting and not kid-friendly. 

If it has lots of problems, then why do you like it?

The levels were not good - they were bland, went on for much longer than they needed to and had terrible design.

And the story's only interesting in how unbelievably bad it is. It's what a 12 year old thinks is a good story.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

If it has lots of problems, then why do you like it?

To be fair, people say this about Unleashed and a whole load of other stuff. While I consider 06 really bad like most people do, it is certainly possible to "like" despite it's problems, because sometimes you just like shit despite the problems even if it doesn't always make sense.

I don't understand the obsession with stories being "not kid friendly" though, just because something's kid friendly doesn't automatically make it worse or less "deep" than more "mature" works, ironically it's often the other way round.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Diogenes would say, your opinion is wrong.

At least, this game didn't make me feel like little child unlike Sonic Colours/Unleashed's story.

At least those stories actually made sense in spite of their pacing and story structure problems. I have been trying repeatedly to rewrite Sonic 06's story in my head (or even just part of it), and I can barely make it partially sensible without needing to completely remove or change scenes, at which I might as well have just made a new story with the same characters.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 5

It certainly didn't make me feel like an adult either.

In fact what makes 06's story not "child-friendly?" Methinks you're misusing the term here.

Edited by DarkLight

the story was interesting and not kid-friendly. 

How is it not being "kid-friendly" a good thing? The franchise's target demographic is young children.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least, this game didn't make me feel like little child unlike Sonic Colours/Unleashed's story.

So Sonic 06 story makes you feel all adult and grown up? Um...yay?

Edited by sonfan1984

What if I told you that people can have a different opinion than you?

You're perfectly allowed to have a different opinion but you have to back it up with good arguments.

You can't just say "The levels are good and the story is interesting". You have to explain why you find them good and interesting. Also being kid-friendly doesn't make a story any worst or better than other stories, just different.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic 06's story kept me interested, I had to skip Colours cutscenes. (I can't remember if you could skip Unleashed cutscenes (PS3)). 

>SONIC '06's story

>interesting

It's just as interesting as watching paint dry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Colours and Unleashed were full of childish and lame jokes, while Sonic 06 at least tried to be serious. 

I felt embarrassed watching Colours and Unleashed cutscenes.

Unleashed and Colors felt like Sonic games, atleast I didn't feel like I was watching a bad attempt at a Final Fantasy-esque story.

• Thumbs Up 4

Colours and Unleashed were full of childish and lame jokes, while Sonic 06 at least tried to be serious. 

But being serious for the sake of being serious just results in the WHOLE THING being really childish. It didn't exactly help that the dialogue in the story was far worse than anything Colors or Unleashed could dish out.

• Thumbs Up 4

That doesn't tell me anything. How is the story not being "kid-friendly" a good thing? It's one of the reasons why the game is mocked.

• Thumbs Up 3

Unleashed and Colors felt like Sonic games, atleast I didn't feel like I was watching a bad attempt at a Final Fantasy-esque story.

Exactly. We don't need Bad FF plots in our Sonic games, we have recent FFs for thatcool.png

....Sorry couldn't resisttongue.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Of course!

If I paid money for the game and enjoyed, it means it's good!

By that logic, people who bought Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing and liked it means that THAT "can't really be called a game" was good.

• Thumbs Up 5

I liked it and that is good enough for me!

Like i said, why don't you explain in more detail why the story is good? This is a forum dude, debate with us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course!

hahahahahahaha

No, whether you like the game or not, it's undoubtedly a unfinished clusterfuck of a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 > Colours and Unleashed in dialogue and story.

At least, 06 had some action unlike Sonic's pathetic attempt to be a stand-up comedian post-2007

Like Sonic was so much better off in 06.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 06 > Colours and Unleashed in dialogue and story.

At least, 06 had some action unlike Sonic's pathetic attempt to be a stand-up comedian post-2007

Sonic 06 can't even maintain a consistent use of its own rules for TIME TRAVEL, the main villain's plan was excessively convoluted for something very simple, everyone's personality ranged from inconsistent to just plain bland as hell, and a whole plethora of other problems. Yeah Unleashed had pacing issues and could have developed an actual middle, and Colors did go overboard with the jokes and didn't use its subplots very effectively, but at least those actually still FELT like complete stories and could feasibly be very good with only some minor improvements and changes. I can't say the same for 06.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we're struggling with semantics here. It's perfectly alright to enjoy a bad product. The problem is claiming said product is good.

If you want to say Sonic 06 is a good game you've got your work cut out for you building a juggernaut of an argument to sustain that kind of claim. However, if you want to say you enjoyed playing it, then nobody can really say otherwise because it's your subjective experience and you're the only one in the world who's lived through it.

I am keen on hearing reasons why people enjoy playing this game, though. I for example really enjoy playing through Shadow the Hedgehog, because I appreciate it like a B-movie with wonderfully ridiculous dialogue and the way it by accident produces a masterful satire of Darker and Edgier makeovers. ..and I think a few of the levels are aesthetically cool.

• Thumbs Up 5

Of course!

No. Not at all. An OBJECTIVELY good game is captivating and holds your interest for positive reasons, has few glitches, great control, great/fitting music, and nice aesthetics and gameplay that are original and not bleak. 06 has like, 1 and a half of these.

To your credit though, you'd make a great mainstream reviewer.

Edited by /_JXJ_\
  • Thumbs Up 1