Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Is that canon?

Actually, you just gave me a thought. The WHOLE happenings in '06 isn't technically canon as at the end it all got erased. So this "Serious story" you keep bringing up, never even happened.

He was too weak so he couldn't take the glory alone.

Could you please actually try to make a point instead of making up any kind of shit about sonic you can think of?

It is still better than Unleashed and Colours.

What I said was the truth.

Your opinion =/= the truth.

What you think on a certain subject is not an indisputable fact.

What I said was the truth.

There isn't any proof, and we can't just go off your word.

Actually, you just gave me a thought. The WHOLE happenings in '06 isn't technically canon as at the end it all got erased. So this "Serious story" you keep bringing up, never even happened.

Well, no. Not exactly. The game is definitely canon, in the sense that the things that the game said happened in the backstory did still happen. The events that happened during the game, however, are irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone else enjoy the Solaris fight in terms of gameplay?

Not really, from videos I've seen. It's just your typical Doomsday Zone rehash.

Though I find it amusing how Solaris looks like a fusion of Zero Two and the Hylian Shield insignia.

Well, no. Not exactly. The game is definitely canon, in the sense that the things that the game said happened in the backstory did still happen. The events that happened during the game, however, are irrelevant.

I personally think that the whole thing is just an alternate timeline. With plotholes like the blue emerald paradox (which would prevent Sonic 1 - Shadow from happening), I can't see it being canon in the main timeline.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I liked it, because Sonic let Shadow and Silver share the glory equally. Modern Sonic would knock them out and do it alone.

Why would he knock out his allies?

Just because he's the main character doesn't mean he can't share the glory.

Sonic (and Eggman) had no relevance in 06.

The only thing that he does, which is useful, is get killed so that Mephiles can fuse with Iblis. He chases Elise around, which tangential to the story. He never meets Mephiles (who is considered to be the main bad guy in the game). If you removed Sonic and Eggman and replaced Elise with an object called....say.... "The Scepter of Flames", then the story would have worked just fine.

Yes, Sonic can share the spotlight, but in 06, Sonic wasn't even in the spotlight. 

You can use as many strawmen arguments as you want. You can claim that Sonic is selfish now and steals the spotlight from supporting characters (lol), you can claim that he makes silly jokes. However, that doesn't change the fact that in Sonic 06, Sonic was an incompetant retard who couldn't keep hold of a princess he was trying to rescue, for more than 5 minutes, who then ends up getting killed, because he was distracted by something shiny. 

Yeah, I think I know which version of Sonic I prefer....

Edited by Scar

It bothers me so so much when people say otherwise. In order for '06's events to have been erased, all the events leading up to said erasing had to happen.

Okay, for a more genuine attempt at staying on topic, let me just say that if there's one thing that I genuinely like about this game, it's Kingdom Valley, especially playing as Sonic. I mean, the rest of the game is genuinely bad, but every time I manage to muster up the bare minimum of a hoot to play it, I usually only play this level. It just seems like it's the best designed level in the game, and its Mach Speed section is genuinely a blast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because he's a selfish and inconsiderate person who is filled with greed.

Honestly, that describes Jet the Hawk more than anything.

Okay, for a more genuine attempt at staying on topic, let me just say that if there's one thing that I genuinely like about this game, it's Kingdom Valley, especially playing as Sonic. I mean, the rest of the game is genuinely bad, but every time I manage to muster up the bare minimum of a hoot to play it, I usually only play this level. It just seems like it's the best designed level in the game, and its Mach Speed section is genuinely a blast.

That might be because it was also the demo level, and thus probably had more thought and time put into it compared to the other levels. Don't quote me on that though, I really don't know otherwise.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 2

That makes sense, actually. A lot like the tanker level in MGS2 had an attention to detail about 40 times larger then the rest of the game.

The first section has multiple ways to go, and you can homing attack the eagle at the start, which is a nice shortcut that would be done again in Generations with the more well known Speed Highway helicopter shortcut.

I also kind of like Dusty Desert, but only as Sonic, there's a fair few different ways to go and I found another alternate route only the other day. I'm also alright with Crisis City as Sonic, but only the middle two sections, though most of the "fun" parts are automated. It was an intensity no other stage had, and really showed the breaking of the status quo of the series in a novel way. Generations really took it and ran with it, though, so the original offers very little these days.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was hilarious showing this final boss battle to my girlfriend. I really enjoy Solaris but when she saw it for the first time she said 'That's the Hylian Shield! How did Nintendo let them off with that?'. My answer was 'The same way Akira Toriyama has let them off with some Dragonball homages.' 

Now I've sen how the whole topic of 06 is a smoking crater for people to spit into. I liked it myself, as a guilty pleasure. It's bad, it's cheesy and cringe worthy but it still has some charm. I know it's not a lot of charm but hey. The thing I can't stand is how some people make the rest of the people who like 06 look bad. This is why I haven't spoken about this much! If I say I like 06, it's instant hate because most people seem to think it's the best thing since Jesus. Just puttin it out there, 06 has some sane fans.

Now on topic, Kingdom Valley is wonderful to look at, Crisis City can be quite fun at times and Wave Ocean can be good too. Can't stand Aquatic base though, it's kinda dull to me. I love Shadow's story myself. No idea why, just felt really good to me. Mephiles worked well as a villain for Shadow.

Also one last thing

LET'S GET MOVING!!!!!!!!!! (love this line XD)

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, so the whole "Sonic is now selfish/glory-hunter etc" is that kind of argument.....

In SA2, Sonic let Knuckles and Tails participate in the fight against Eggman.

Modern Sonic would rather beat them than share the glory with them.

What made you arrive at this conclusion.
What evidence is there to support this hypothesis.

Edited by Scar

And your proof of this is? You keep making bold claims like these without backup, s'confusing...

Edited by Starscream

In SA2, Sonic let Knuckles and Tails participate in the fight against Eggman.

Honestly, to me, it sounds like you aren't arguing that '06 is good anymore, but you're arguing that Modern Sonic is terrible. I whole heartily disagree.

Edited by Eleventh Doctor

Honestly, to me, it sounds like you aren't arguing that '06 is good anymore, but you're arguing that Modern Sonic is terrible. I whole heartily disagree.

He's not arguing anything. He's just saying things.

Where was Knuckles? Sonic doesn't want other characters to take the glory.

What does that have to do with Sonic. Knuckles wasn't there, because the writers didn't want him to be there.
Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 6

Knuckles being absent doesn't mean that Sonic wants to take the glory for himself. It just means that the writers don't know what the fuck to do with him.

• Thumbs Up 5

What fucking glory are you talking about? You're seriously pulling these claims out of nowhere, just to back them up with more claims out of nowhere.

That's just political correct nonsense. Sonic is a glory-hunter.

Haha, OK.

I think its best we just terminate this before it goes on for too long!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's just political correct nonsense. Sonic is a glory-hunter.

....What?

No, seriously.

What?

• Thumbs Up 1

I really loved Kingdom Valley. For what it's worth, It's beautiful to look at, the gameplay can be sort of fun at points (for Sonic's section at least) and the Mach Speed section is pretty decent control wise. Also, I really enjoyed Radical Train no matter who I was playing it as. Sonic's stage was decent, I didn't feel like tearing my hair out with Silver, and Shadow's version was actually pretty damn awesome, sans the motorcycle segment. Oh, and that's not to mention the iconic "Shadow Roundhouse kicking Silver" scene. Best part of the game right there folks!

• Thumbs Up 1