Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Also, Labyrinth and Blast didn't leave a gigantic black hole-sized stain on the franchise that many of it's haters and/or ex-fans can easily use as a scapegoat to shoot down anyone defending the series or putting in a even slightly positive light. I often come across - and have been in - situations like this:

*discussion about another topic makes a vague and harmless Sonic reference*

"Oh ho ho, Sonic sure hasn't seen good days since SA2! Remember Sonic 06..."

"Hey now, hold on. There were tough times to be sure, but things have gotten bett-"

"NOPE. Sonic 06, Shadow the Hedgehog. Piece of shit series, never liked it anyway."

"Okay, seriously, please, let me explain. I know things have been bad, I know 06 and I know what it did, I know that. But then Unleashed came along, and Werehog aside it was a definite improvement. Then Colours and Generations... things are getting better, trust me on this one. Many may argue that it's not perfect, but they are looking u-"

"NOPE. Sonic 06 man, ho ho ho, Sonic 06. Never forgive, never forget."

"...Why can't I talk about Sonic anywhere without mentioning that fucking game?"

Those people are pretty hopeless and there's no use and trying to reason with them.

(I could say the moon but that seems to easy) Blaze,the whole Classic sonic can't talk thing, Bosses like perfect chaos being fought by Modern sonic even though Adventure Sonic is the one that's supposed to defeat him so what happens then, Classic Tails already knowing Classic Sonic even though it's suggested it's Sonic 1 sonic,Classic Badniks not having animals in them(ehh, could be seen as a nitpick but still). At the moment That's what I can think of.

Blaze and Crisis City are the result of time being fucked up and gameplay coming before story in a title like this.

Classic Sonic can talk but he never does on camera (post-Egg Dragoon he's even quoted by one of the Tails).

Perfect Chaos was an awesome choice for a boss, so who cares if he was originally a Super battle.

They don't imply where Classic Sonic and Tails came from in the timeline. We see Sonic in Green Hill, that doesn't mean anything.

Badniks don't have animals in them because someone was too lazy too add them.

(I could say the moon but that seems to easy) Blaze,the whole Classic sonic can't talk thing, Bosses like perfect chaos being fought by Modern sonic even though Adventure Sonic is the one that's supposed to defeat him so what happens then, Classic Tails already knowing Classic Sonic even though it's suggested it's Sonic 1 sonic,Classic Badniks not having animals in them(ehh, could be seen as a nitpick but still). At the moment That's what I can think of.

None of these are plot holes. A plothole is an inconsistency in a story that goes against the logic presented in the series. What you've mentioned here are elements were intentionally chosen to show how Time Eater was screwing up the events that happened all throughout this series lifetime and bringing them back for a second shot at Sonic. That was the whole point of Generation's plot.

And for those that have nothing to do with Time Eater screwing things up, others were design choices that were chosen from a design standpoint. For example, Sonic was made to be mute because Classic fans were demanding he be that way.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I finally beat this game and I gotta say that ending was really sweet.

How Sonic was looking up at the moon it was beautiful :)

Thoughts on Last Episode?

I died 2-3 times on my first run and it's not really that difficult the black holes can be bothersome but you can so see them coming.

I might do it again today just to see if I can beat it by dieing once.

Thoughts on Last Episode?

It sucked; even more so than the rest of the already sucky game, in fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

It sucked; even more so than the rest of the already sucky game, in fact.

Silver's section in the last episode, is basically Sonic Team saying fuck you.

Edited by NightwingKnux

I died 2-3 times on my first run

I don't usually call people liars, but I'm gonna call you a liar right now. There's so damn many pop-ups and pop-ins that will murder you in that level unless you know about them in advance, that I sincerely don't believe you got through that level with three or less deaths.

Ya pretty much have the exploit the beneficial programming shortcomings of Sonic 06 to be able to survive End of the World, which basically means cheat through the level hazards at every possible opportunity. Rouge can fly over the entire level? Fly! Omega and Silver can hover almost indefinitely by tapping the button? Tap away!

I don't usually call people liars, but I'm gonna call you a liar right now. There's so damn many pop-ups and pop-ins that will murder you in that level unless you know about them in advance, that I sincerely don't believe you got through that level with three or less deaths.

I've been brought up not to lie. so that kinda upsets me, maybe I just fluked the level?

I died once as Silver, and Twice as Knuckles and nearly as Amy.

You can see where the black holes are going to pop up....It's really not that hard.

Edit: Okay, maybe a little for some.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to upset you, but I do hope your strict anti-lying didn't include white lies. Those are essential for politeness and social growth.

Flukes and beginner's luck are things that happen. I remember when the Pokecapn crew braved the horror of The End of the World and managed to get all the way to Shadow's portion before they got stuck in a rut of maddening frustration and Game Overs.

Yes, it is hard. They do have little glowing spheres at where they show up, but you can barely see them most of the time. And even if you do see them in advance, they often show up at the most ridiculous points, and in such large groups, that frankly it's a miracle if you only die twice or thrice.

I'm sorry, but I'm with Grumpy on this one. I'm not saying you're a liar either, but I can not see someone going through that level on their first try and only dying now and then, unless you cheated enough times to make Dick Dastardly blush (eg: climb and fly north west/forward the whole way with Knuckles/Rouge), and in that case, if your level can only be coherent if you're forced to cheat, that's enough proof that your level is severely flawed.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to upset you, but I do hope your strict anti-lying didn't include white lies. Those are essential for politeness and social growth.

Flukes and beginner's luck are things that happen. I remember when the Pokecapn crew braved the horror of The End of the World and managed to get all the way to Shadow's portion before they got stuck in a rut of maddening frustration and Game Overs.

To be fair I've watch that LP so I guess I should have said I knew what it was like in retrospect (is that the right word?)

But when I finished it a few days ago it was my first time experiencing what it plays like.

I didn't find it that bad either, mostly because I'd seen a lot of footage. People say Silver's is the hardest, but the fact he moves so slow is sometimes an advantage as you can kind of see some of the orbs coming. Shadow's is just the cheapest in the entire game, whether it's the purple bats killing me, the orbs appearing on walls or areas you get sprung to, or orange orbs throwing boxes while I try and catch the eagles, it's just a fucking nightmare, which is odd because it was one of the best parts of the entire game when you played Kingdom Valley as Sonic in this part.

In comparison, Silver's is just ridiculously long (2 minutes compared to most of them being a minute tops). Though I will say that if you're too slow getting up those last platforms to that last sand pit, the orbs that appear there before the final stretch are just dickery incarnate.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I think people (including myself) chalk it up to being a nightmare to avoid the already bothersome Death Testicles with Silver's speed and them being even closer to each other than usual, combined with the length of his part. The sand and which parts are instant kill may or may not be another factor. In any case, Shadow's part is the second most frustrating part for me too.

In fact, if I had to rank them, I'd say Silver's part in first place, then Shadow's part, then Amy's, then Omega's for the enemy arena parts taking too long like in the original Flame Core, then Tails', and finally both Knuckles and Rouge's parts since you can just climb and glide the whole way through like a cheap bastard.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Most of the section is that boring "going up and around the tower" where the orbs appear but all you're really doing is running by them. I always found it surprisingly hard to die there. The early part is pretty tough though, unless you make a beeline for that first orb INSTANTLY.

Rouge's segment is nigh unplayable if you try and do it legit as well. For some reason she literally CAN'T get away from the orbs if it's fully dark. Even Knuckles can glide away, but for Rouge it doesn't seem to work.

None of these are plot holes. A plothole is an inconsistency in a story that goes against the logic presented in the series. What you've mentioned here are elements were intentionally chosen to show how Time Eater was screwing up the events that happened all throughout this series lifetime and bringing them back for a second shot at Sonic. That was the whole point of Generation's plot.

And for those that have nothing to do with Time Eater screwing things up, others were design choices that were chosen from a design standpoint. For example, Sonic was made to be mute because Classic fans were demanding he be that way.

Blaze and Crisis City are the result of time being fucked up and gameplay coming before story in a title like this.

Classic Sonic can talk but he never does on camera (post-Egg Dragoon he's even quoted by one of the Tails).

Perfect Chaos was an awesome choice for a boss, so who cares if he was originally a Super battle.

They don't imply where Classic Sonic and Tails came from in the timeline. We see Sonic in Green Hill, that doesn't mean anything.

Badniks don't have animals in them because someone was too lazy too add them.

Last off topic post: Hmm. Well, I thought Generations was known story wise for It's plotholes that it supposedly left. I guess It doesn't have that many then.:/ But if that's the case, then why do I here lots of people not even count the game in the main series canon? Edited by Riku

Most of the section is that boring "going up and around the tower" where the orbs appear but all you're really doing is running by them. I always found it surprisingly hard to die there. The early part is pretty tough though, unless you make a beeline for that first orb INSTANTLY.

Rouge's segment is nigh unplayable if you try and do it legit as well. For some reason she literally CAN'T get away from the orbs if it's fully dark. Even Knuckles can glide away, but for Rouge it doesn't seem to work.

Yeah, I was always a little confused on why there was a little pathway behind where you get the emerald in her section, and I was unsure of how you'd legitimately reach that part without being Climb N' Glide Woman.

I suppose it's a basic matter of experiences, but for me, swerving between the testicles as I went up that tower took too many times for me to count. No matter what I did, I would usually get sucked in almost immediately. Or some box would come out of fucking nowhere and throw me into one.

To be fair I've watch that LP so I guess I should have said I knew what it was like in retrospect (is that the right word?)

But when I finished it a few days ago it was my first time experiencing what it plays like.

Well, there you go. That level has so much bullshit you need to know about in advance to survive that saying you only died 2-3 times after watching the level is a completely different matter from saying you only died 2-3 times in a blind run.

I've never played 06 (praise be), but considering I got pissed off just watching Pokecapn and the Goons go through the Last Story, that likely means I would explode with rage if I actually played the thing.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

I'd actually recommend playing Sonic 06 once in your life, just to witness what a masterpiece of failures it is. I think someone said it should be used in developer schools as an object lesson of everything you can do wrong in a game. Just make sure it's either a loan, cheap rental, or pirated copy. Don't pay money for it.

...can pay money for the soundtrack, though. Great soundtrack!

Er, I'll take everyone's word on how terrible it is, thanks. Not to mention I don't have an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

NO.

...Er, heh heh, er no. No... No. Don't bother. So many silly chums think "Oh, it can't be that bad", or "It'll still be good for a laugh", or "But I want to see how awful it is for myself!". It isn't worth it. Just play better games and carry on with your happy and well-established life. All you need is the likes of Pokecapn's playthrough, or Clement's review, that's all you need. That's all you'll ever need.

So keep those pounds and pennies of yours. They could go towards something a little better. Like a dustbin.

• Thumbs Up 3

NO.

...Er, heh heh, er no. No... No. Don't bother. So many silly chums think "Oh, it can't be that bad", or "It'll still be good for a laugh", or "But I want to see how awful it is for myself!". It isn't worth it. Just play better games and carry on with your happy and well-established life. All you need is the likes of Pokecapn's playthrough, or Clement's review, that's all you need. That's all you'll ever need.

So keep those pounds and pennies of yours. They could go towards something a little better. Like a dustbin.

Curiosity is what makes us better people.

Curiosity is what killed the cat.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Spin Attaxx