Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Why couldn't they use this to their advantage? Many times there would be cutscenes at night, and then the game would take place during the day. Made no sense.

The time of day thing is very nice. I remember playing the 2 player modes in Sonic Heroes and coming across a version of Egg Fleet that took place at sunset, and my first thought was "Wow! Why didn't they use that in the main game?"

Sonic Generations also had missions that took place at a different time of day. Planet Wisp at night is gorgeous.

But the first game that actually used day/night cycles effectively was Knuckles Chaotix. Every single level and the hub world would change the time of day periodically, and it was very visually pleasing. I hope they use that feature again in the future.

Nighttime in Solleana is really good too. I feel the added light, and the night texture really makes the city look better than it did before, that's for certain.

Soleanna at night truly is gorgeous. Maybe that's why they hold the sun festival at night... because the city looks like shit in the day.

Edited by Homem

I'm ready for Clement's conclusion to this review. Monday can't get here fast enough.

Sadly, people still defend the game in the comment section of part 6 of that review...

Edited by Mr.Snarf

I thought people defended the game in every part of the review.

Also, Soleanna at night is still pretty bleh to me. Maybe if the sky were blacker.

I expected him to take longer talking about the intricacies of End of the World, but that rant was pretty fiery anyway.

Honestly though, the end part where he discusses the game's impact was pretty sobering, I didn't play 06 at the time but his reactions as well as other people's were kind of depressing as to how low Sonic fell.

Rest easy, Clement.

• Thumbs Up 5

... wow. Clement damn near went insane there. And that part where he mentioned how lucky the Sonic franchise was to have not been completely murdered, it really made me think of what might've been.

Also, that Zero Punctuation clip made me think of why SEGA would make Sonic 06, the game that pissed on, shat on, raped, murdered, burned, destroyed, infected and crushed Sonic's reputation for a good while (continuing to this day), canon.

Making the modern day Superman 64 canon doesn't seem like a good way to regain you and your franchise's reputation to me.

Also, love how he questioned the point of Super Silver beyond "so he can fight Solaris".

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Feel really happy for Clement, his suffering is finally over.

Kind of irked he referred the kiss as 'bestiality' but that's a minor thing. Also loved the ending part with Eggman.

Even if you look past the supposed beastiality, Sonic's dead at the same time, making it necrophiliac as well.

Even if you look past the supposed beastiality, Sonic's dead at the same time, making it necrophiliac as well.

It's not necrophilia either. :V

Word.

Also, I'm surprised that Clement didn't mention the blue emerald paradox.

It's not necrophilia neither bestiality because it's not sexual. They just kiss.

I challenge you to say that sentence out loud and not sound creepy.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think we can all agree that the the main problem with the scene is simply for being terrible in itself, as par for the 2006 course.

As I've said before, the main deal was that she was a realistic human. If she was more cartoony, it probably wouldn't be quite as notorious, and would simply feel like a Diet Coke Roger Rabbit instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we can all agree that the the main problem with the scene is simply for being terrible in itself, as par for the 2006 course.

As I've said before, the main deal was that she was a realistic human. If she was more cartoony, it probably wouldn't be quite as notorious, and would simply feel like a Diet Coke Roger Rabbit instead.

It's not so much the scene itself, but the whole context of it is just really terrible. The entirety of Sonic & Elise's "romance" was leading up to that kiss, and their characters were so badly written and bland, that the scene is even worse than if it was decently written.

I often feel people are too hard on this Sonic game.

I often feel people are giving this Sonic game more credit than it deserves.

It's just me tongue.png. It was still a Sonic game in my eyes.

That doesn't make it even remotely good.

I often feel people are too hard on this Sonic game.

If anything people are not hard enough.

Sonic 06 was and will always will be an embarassment to SEGA and Sonic Team. It's embarassing for fans of Sonic games. Especially, as I consider S3&K to be one of the greatest 2d games ever made, and at the other end of the spectrum we have Sonic 06, the worst game I have ever played. Soundtrack aside, there are no redeeming qualities.

Edited by NightwingKnux