Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Clement nailed every problem with how mistreated Sonic is in this game. It was also interesting that he compared the Sonic and Elise scenes with an episode of Sonic X and how the latter worked so much better without resorting to romance.

Plus, I lol'd at Shadow's expression when he paused one cutscene after Sonic said his line.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a confusion that possibly one of you can answer. Not a complaint.

So, in Sonic's Radical Train (my favorite level), you must save Elise's train from the bombs in the path; but Eggman is there too. Did Eggman tell his badniks to blow him up, or is it a different train?

I got a confusion that possibly one of you can answer. Not a complaint.

So, in Sonic's Radical Train (my favorite level), you must save Elise's train from the bombs in the path; but Eggman is there too. Did Eggman tell his badniks to blow him up, or is it a different train?

From what I assume, the train Eggman is in is the one in the Mach Speed section, where he's holding Elise. The ones before are probably different because that voice at the start doesn't really sound like Elise. I reckon it's a decoy to keep Sonic of his tail, which is a pretty clever idea if you think about it. Eggman in 06 isn't really that great but he wouldn't be dumb enough to blow himself up... right? :/

The train transition happens in the loading screen because fuck it that's why.

Eggman simply planted the boxes/bombs in the train's path to throw Sonic off while he tried to escape with Elise. How he's talking to Sonic, I don't know. Shadow's level has the actual Eggman train, which I'm just gonna say happens before. This much must be true because the train Shadow is beating up is the one blocked by the barrier and Eggman keeps getting annoyed by it. Maybe Shadow stopped the train while Sonic caught up and rescued Elise offscreen while Eggman is all like "What is a man?!" with Shadow. Or something. This game's plot hurts my brain!

Edited by Semi-colon e

Ah that makes sense. Thank you.

It does?!

It's the only justification I can think of. Otherwise Eggman is blowing himself up if Sonic fails. Unless Eggman was counting on Sonic not failing, but that would encourage Sonic to go faster and urrrgh...

On a side note, Radical Train is one of the better levels in 06. It's certainly one of the shortest levels in all 3 stories. It doesn't even appear in End of the World (well, neither does Aquatic Base but that's lengthy as everyone so you spend more time there).

Edited by Semi-colon e

Ready for Part 7 so we can finally see another game from Clement. I just hope that it doesn't take almost 2 weeks due to audio issues

I never realised how hilarious "Don't be late!" was.

And well done to him for revealing Mephiles for the true dunce he really is.

• Thumbs Up 1

The bit where he mentioned some people saw Gerald Robotnik as the original Robotnik confused the hell out of me. There's actually people who BELIEVE that?

I'm also glad he pointed out the design problem with the final boss looking like the Zelda logo, thought that immediately when I saw the damn thing on a playthrough (since I didn't want to waste money buying it).

• Thumbs Up 1

The bit where he mentioned some people saw Gerald Robotnik as the original Robotnik confused the hell out of me. There's actually people who BELIEVE that?

Yes there are I've seen tons of people say that, and each time I was confused as fuck. Its really stupid that people still say that and they do.

I'm also glad he pointed out the design problem with the final boss looking like the Zelda logo, thought that immediately when I saw the damn thing on a playthrough (since I didn't want to waste money buying it).

There's even people who believe gamma didn't die.

Encountered one of those on YouTube.

Still not as bad as those who think Sonic 06's story makes perfect sense.

Thanks, YouTube comments.

Lets just agree with that 98% of Youtube commenters are idiots, K?

Anyway, I find it lazy that they didn't give Mephilies an original design for his "Mortal" form. I know for most of the plot he antagonizes Shadow, but couldn't they have at LEAST giving him some different quills or something? Like come on!

Anyway, I find it lazy that they didn't give Mephilies an original design for his "Mortal" form. I know for most of the plot he antagonizes Shadow, but couldn't they have at LEAST giving him some different quills or something? Like come on!

He took the form of Shadow's shadow.

That never really bothered me.

His crystal looking form was cool, though

Edited by NISA

Taking Shadow's... er, shadow, is still a piss-poor excuse for not making a unique design. And he makes Silver even more of an idiot since even his "Shadow" form makes absolutely no effort to look trustworthy and inconspicuous. You need to do better than to just stick Shadow in the fridge.

If they did anything different, he wouldn't be so kawaii to his fans.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Come on though. The game still has probably some of the best cg movies in a sonic game to date :/ It was like a mini movie. I wished more of the new soinc games told the story in cg like 06. Hoping this new game in 2013 is good.

Come on though. The game still has probably some of the best cg movies in a sonic game to date :/ It was like a mini movie. I wished more of the new soinc games told the story in cg like 06. Hoping this new game in 2013 is good.

I think they should hire Ian Flynn or re-hire the people who wrote the story book games to do the games stories.

I'm fine with the gameplay still being based around speed running (Boost and quick step)

Just make the story interesting.

If you asked what was the most memorable thing in Colors & Generations was I'd say there's nothing.

Edit: Why did Eggman's Egg carrier crash?

Edited by NISA

I think they should hire Ian Flynn or re-hire the people who wrote the story book games to do the games stories.

I'm fine with the gameplay still being based around speed running (Boost and quick step)

Just make the story interesting.

If you asked what was the most memorable thing in Colors & Generations was I'd say there's nothing.

For Colours I'd say the interesting thing story-wise was reconstructing both Eggman's motivations and Sonic & Tails's friendship.

Tails and Sonic had for way too long been just "Hey, long time no see. Here's some exposition." with no actual interaction you'd expect between best friends. Colours had them cracking jokes, teasing each other, and FINALLY putting to rest Tails's tiresome hero worship from the previous talkie games.

Eggman, meanwhile, finally got back to his roots of exploiting the bountiful beautiful nature to create industrial monstrosities. The contrast between the lush fields of Planet Wisp in the intro and the horrible factories of Asteroid Coaster where the Wisps are processed is very nice. Definitely brings back memories of going from tropical Green Hill to polluted Scrap Brain. Better yet, Colours improved Eggman's new characterisation from Unleashed by keeping him comical but at the same time an intelligent legitimate threat. After all, Sonic's efforts did nothing to prevent Eggman's real master plan of using his planetary mind control laser that Sonic never even knew existed until it backfired due to a total fluke.

Sonic Generations's story, meanwhile, wasn't really that memorable. I agree with you. It did have those wonderfully entertaining bits with Classic & Modern Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well, I agree with a couple of points in the video. It's true that Sonic's personality was bland and lost his more quirky traits like his cockiness. Sonic's story in '06 was pretty boring and all he did was rescue Elise from Eggman over and over. Memphile's plan was pretty dang convoluted, too. He didn't need to kill Sonic to make Elise cry, he could have done other things or even killed her to unleash Iblis. And even if Elise held no romantic feelings for Sonic, wouldn't she still be sad over his death? I wasn't bothered by how she felt, but did it really change things? And why weren't Tails or Knuckles more sad over his death?

Edited by colorfulzones104

I never really noticed until now, but in that scene when Sonic drags Elise along by the arm and they run together, it really does look like her arm is going to break off.

Also, props to Clement for mentioning that Sonic X episode. That's quite possibly my favorite episode.

Edited by Paradox

I just used the clipping glitch in Flame Core to finish the stage as Knuckles. When Knuckles got to the goal ring, his victory animation didn't load, so the results display came up and I was able to control Knuckles while my score was being tallied.laugh.png

I'm glad that Clement brought up Blaze being in the game for no arbitrary reason. Maybe this will finally put an end to those who say "Blaze was from the future, but then became a princess somehow so that means she knows Silver". Moreoften than not it comes across as an excuse to:

A: Say their precious Silvaze is canon or

B: Say that Sonic 06, the game that singlehandedly destroyed Sonic's reputation (for a few years) is canon.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Let's be honest, these videos aren't going to change anything. The past 6 years didn't stop people, and neither will this.

B: Say that Sonic 06, the game that singlehandedly destroyed Sonic's reputation (for a few years) is canon.
The game is canon, tho'.

Yep. Everything that the game says happened in the backstory to the game's events happened. It's only the stuff that happened during the game that wrote itself out.