Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Even if it is the Second boss, the game tells you, QUITE CLEARLY, that you cannot charge him, so why even go close? 

Whether or not it was too difficult for people to pick up, or whether or not they hate this battle, I personally think that the ramp in rival difficulty was good compared to Heroes, Adventure 2, and Adventure. Heroes, was just as cheap in fact. Not to mention how bad the attack A.I. are. you can sit on top of the boxes in the second battle to avoid attack and as cream you instantly win(when solo). They're either SUPER cheap, or SUPER stupid for battle A.I. 06 did this justice, by adding CLEAR weaknesses in the boss.

Letting the boss being able to grab you even when you have invincibility frames is bad design and as a result makes the boss cheap in general. Its not better than what the other games did, because its just as bad in the opposite direction. If you're a first time player and you don't know this, you're gonna yell that its cheap...the boss is simple, but because the boss can grab you easily if you don't get away fast enough and can get you in a insta-death situation if you aren't careful is BADLY designed.

Even if it is the Second boss, the game tells you, QUITE CLEARLY, that you cannot charge him, so why even go close? 

You're missing my point. The problem with the attack ISN'T that we head towards Silver, it's that Silver heads towards US, the player.

Again, if he throws you against a wall, he'll be close enough to immediately pick you up again and kiil you, without giving you so much as a second to get away from him.

Let me state this again: Silver charges to us, not the other way around.

Whether or not it was too difficult for people to pick up, or whether or not they hate this battle, I personally think that the ramp in rival difficulty was good compared to Heroes, Adventure 2, and Adventure.

That is not real difficulty. That is fake difficulty. The difficulty comes from giving the rival clearly broken attacks and not from anything involving real skill.

I suggest you take a look at this to get what I'm saying.

Just about most of the glitches in Sonic 2006 happen rarely...but depending on how good the player is, its all ratio as to which glitches or bugs happen devoid of the player's skill.

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are aged games, glitches are bound to be had no matter how good the game is. The Light Speed Attack orbiting around "enemies" is really depending on the enemy...the flying robots that can make themselves invincible and electric to avoid being attacked...the light speed attack can't hit the enemy because even though its homing on the enemy, the enemy is invincible and it can't do anything until the electric barrier making it invincible wears off. Orbiting around enemies is more of a bug than a glitch, because its finicky programming that if you specifically homing attack at the wrong angle or hold any direction, you just do that because the attack is also dependent on the direction you hold.

That is incorrect, where did you get that from anyway?

I've experienced the glitch in both games, numerous times. It doesn't matter if the enemy has an electric shield, it can still be destroyed by the attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5U9KY6ZMY&hd=1

That is incorrect, where did you get that from anyway?

I've experienced the glitch in both games, numerous times. It doesn't matter if the enemy has an electric shield, it can still be destroyed by the attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5U9KY6ZMY&hd=1

Wrong angle...the direction you tilt the analog stick also counts for how the attack works...what also counts is why would you use the Light Speed attack on regular enemies in the first place...

Letting the boss being able to grab you even when you have invincibility frames is bad design and as a result makes the boss cheap in general. Its not better than what the other games did, because its just as bad in the opposite direction. If you're a first time player and you don't know this, you're gonna yell that its cheap...the boss is simple, but because the boss can grab you easily if you don't get away fast enough and can get you in a insta-death situation if you aren't careful is BADLY designed.

The boss can't grab you in invincibility frames, didn't you see how the guy escaped???

You're missing my point. The problem with the attack ISN'T that we head towards Silver, it's that Silver heads towards US, the player.

Again, if he throws you against a wall, he'll be close enough to immediately pick you up again and kiil you, without giving you so much as a second to get away from him.

Let me state this again: Silver charges to us, not the other way around.

That is not real difficulty. That is fake difficulty. The difficulty comes from giving the rival clearly broken attacks and not from anything involving real skill.

I suggest you take a look at this to get what I'm saying.

Whether or not you or silver heads toward you, it is YOUR fault for getting caught, the first thing you must do is run, and if you've gotten a full grasp on the camera then that isn't a problem to see where he is. I figured this out at 10, on my 3rd try. Why is it that everyone else seems to be so troubled about it? Am I a gaming prodegy? I wasn't "lucky" because I DID die due to silver's strength. But that's good. It shows that Sonic has a weakness, rather than him being a "CHEAP CHUCK NORRIS GOD RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO", who cannot be beaten at all(Got that From Roger's Sonic Dissected Vids). Remember the Vile Boss Fight in the original Megaman X? Remember how he WRECKED you? That's because the Story wants you to know that he IS stronger than you by letting THE PLAYER feel the pain. As seen in the cutscene after the fight, Sonic looses because of carelessness, just like that of the player when not reacting to Silver in time. 

If it isn't real difficulty, then neither is the Rival Character abilities in the last fights of Sonic Adventure 2. 

Remember the Vile Boss Fight in the original Megaman X? Remember how he WRECKED you? That's because the Story wants you to know that he IS stronger than you by letting THE PLAYER feel the pain. As seen in the cutscene after the fight, Sonic looses because of carelessness, just like that of the player when not reacting to Silver in time. 

With all due respect, you're comparing a broken boss fight to a scripted sequence whereby you're deliberately supposed to lose.  You're supposed to beat Silver,  You're not supposed to be able to beat Vile at first.

Unless you're referring to the final confrontation with Vile, which is a cakewalk if you use the right weapon.

Whether or not you or silver heads toward you, it is YOUR fault for getting caught,

Oh yeah, because Silver flinging me into a wall then grabbing me again before I could escape, therefore putting me into a position where escape was impossible, is all entirely my fault and is in no way at all a fault of the boss's programming, nope, not at all.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you've ever played any other video game in your life if you're trying to justify clearly broken bosses.

the first thing you must do is run, and if you've gotten a full grasp on the camera then that isn't a problem to see where he is.

Again, if he throws you against a wall, he will likely be in a position to immediately attack you again. IMMEDIATELY. AS IN, NO TIME IS GIVEN TO ALLOW YOU TO ESCAPE.

It shows that Sonic has a weakness. Remember the Vile Boss Fight in the original Megaman X? Remember how he WRECKED you? That's because the Story wants you to know that he IS stronger than you by letting THE PLAYER feel the pain. As seen in the cutscene after the fight, Sonic looses because of carelessness, just like that of the player when not reacting to Silver in time.

Oh my fucking God are you serious.

The Vile boss fight is purposefully made to be unwinnable (which has it's own problems but that's another debate).

The Silver fight is not. You are meant to beat it. It is broken, plain and simple. When you play as Silver, he is NEVER as broken as he is here.

If it isn't real difficulty, then neither is the Rival Character abilities in the last fights of Sonic Adventure 2. It's an unfair disadvantage, but why didn't anyone complain about that?

Are you seriously comparing final bosses to the second boss in the game?

Besides, those fights didn't have an attack where they could just stunlock you to death with little to nothing you can do about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually in all my uses of the LSA it works if you hold up. Intentional or not, I don't know but thats what I came up with. Really try it. If you find yourself orbiting press up on the analog. I don't know if theres a reason behind this but even if theres not it seems thats the problem. In all versions of the game I noticed this even when I as young. Did a test recently and most of the time I let go I got orbit otherwise I hold up get a fine working attack.

DBZHedgy, a word of advice: STOP trying to use other games pitted against 06 to try and justify 06's flaws.

• Thumbs Up 7

With all due respect, you're comparing a broken boss fight to a scripted sequence whereby you're deliberately supposed to lose.  You're supposed to beat Silver,  You're not supposed to be able to beat Vile at first.

Unless you're referring to the final confrontation with Vile, which is a cakewalk if you use the right weapon.

Do you recall the game Maverick Hunter X? In that game, in your first confrontation, you can beat AND still lose. Once he is defeated for the first time he acts as if he has lost and cheap shots ya, JUST LIKE SILVER.

Do you recall the game Maverick Hunter X? In that game, in your first confrontation, you can beat AND still lose. Once he is defeated for the first time he acts as if he has lost and cheap shots ya, JUST LIKE SILVER.

I didn't play that version.  Either way, it's a completely moot point.  You're comparing a sequence which has a viable conclusion, rather you "beat" him or not, to something that has actual consequence if you lose through poorly-programmed AI.

That isn't the same thing and you know it.

Oh yeah, because Silver flinging me into a wall then grabbing me again before I could escape, therefore putting me into a position where escape was impossible, is all entirely my fault and is in no way at all a fault of the boss's programming, nope, not at all.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you've ever played any other video game in your life if you're trying to justify clearly broken bosses.

Again, if he throws you against a wall, he will likely be in a position to immediately attack you again. IMMEDIATELY. AS IN, NO TIME IS GIVEN TO ALLOW YOU TO ESCAPE.

Oh my fucking God are you serious.

The Vile boss fight is purposefully made to be unwinnable (which has it's own problems but that's another debate).

The Silver fight is not. You are meant to beat it. It is broken, plain and simple. When you play as Silver, he is NEVER as broken as he is here.

Are you seriously comparing final bosses to the second boss in the game?

Besides, those fights didn't have an attack where they could just stunlock you to death with little to nothing you can do about it.

You got it! ;3

In all seriousness though, it is most certainly your fault if you are very well capable of avoiding getting captured in the first place. 

Clearly, because there is NO OTHER WAY for me to know exactly how to compare these bosses to other bosses in other games. Yep, you mad genius you just read my mind like a book!

And that's your incentive to STAY THE EFF AWAY FROM HIM. If I had suffered a death like that (which i have) I would wait for an opening. And isn't it just So convenient How Silver yells, quite loudly "HOW 'BOUT DIS" to signal the player that he is occupied? Hmm... yep that was totally unintentional.

3 Words. MAVERICK - HUNTER - X

Oh, I've fallen into a few situations that have... but in all honesty, I was acting pretty crazy as is. That Boss had it's fair share of faults too (Sonic vs Shadow Ark Battle). It wasn't enough to be running down a collapsing hallway, but to be above an instant death pit? Not to mention that your primary source of attack is something that flings you across the screen if timed improperly? AND there are Meteors that can hit you if you bounce off of shadow? AND Shadow can use BOTH chaos control and Chaos Spear? Seems pretty intense for something that wasn't even a FINAL BOSS Fight.

I didnt have problems with the Silver boss as Sonic. But I want to say I dont think that boss was fair as Sonic compare to as Shadow. With Shadow yeah it was more a challenge but you has ablilties to match it so it was fair. Sonic on the other hand I beat him by drifting past and homing attack but Silver seems overpowered to Sonic because he doesnt have enough moves to counter like Shadow. So when I beat Sonic as Silver its like getting a can of soda. Fucking easy. Beating Shadow? Not so much,

Actually in all my uses of the LSA it works if you hold up. Intentional or not, I don't know but thats what I came up with. Really try it. If you find yourself orbiting press up on the analog. I don't know if theres a reason behind this but even if theres not it seems thats the problem. In all versions of the game I noticed this even when I as young. Did a test recently and most of the time I let go I got orbit otherwise I hold up get a fine working attack.

That's just like the a strategy to bypass a glitch in 06. Why is it that this is free of the criticism?

DBZHedgy, a word of advice: STOP trying to use other games pitted against 06 to try and justify 06's flaws.

My point in doing such things is to justify that even games WITH these flaws are STILL praised for their gameplay, or in simpler terms, games that have these problems aren't recognized by mass fandom. When have you legitimately heard someone complain about the glitches in Sonic Adventure? And it isn't to say that it's "old" or "sega's first try" because people STILL buy the game with all of the glitches intact. WHILE being on the same consoles that 06 was released on.

That isn't the same thing and you know it.

Then Please Explain to me how it isn't.

Because I most certainly DO NOT know how it isn't the same. 

My point in doing such things is to justifiy that even games WITH these flaws are STILL praised for their gameplay. But Why?

Because they're not terribly-designed, awfully-written, horrible-looking broken pieces of shit.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why is it that everyone else seems to be so troubled about it? Am I a gaming prodegy? I wasn't "lucky" because I DID die due to silver's strength. But that's good. It shows that Sonic has a weakness, rather than him being a "CHEAP CHUCK NORRIS GOD RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO", who cannot be beaten at all(Got that From Roger's Sonic Dissected Vids). 

That doesn't show that Sonic has a weakness; that's just another showing that the game is poorly programmed.

• Thumbs Up 4

It could have been fair on Sonics side if they give him more ablities. Thats one thing I dont like about this game. They didnt put really any thought into the gameplay or the game. Except for Silver who had development. And Shadow they put alot of thought into his story and gameplay. But not with the friends and not with Sonic.

That doesn't show that Sonic has a weakness; that's just another showing that the game is poorly programmed.

That's basically what it comes down to, yep.

WHat in the name of the Helix Fossil does that even have to do with Sonic 06; a game of a completely different franchise!?!?

• Thumbs Up 1

Because they're not terribly-designed, awfully-written, horrible-looking broken pieces of shit.

Like Sonic Colors?

If your talking about the gritty look that Sonic 06 takes on, then what is the case with Brawl's gritty textures versus it's cartoonish look of melee? I don't remember Brawl getting hated on for that either.

Right, because the Cutscene clearly shows that Sonic is incapable of beating Silver on his own terms. How can cutscenes be poorly programmed?

Sonic '06 is a horrible game. I know this because Mario Galaxy is a fantastic game because it has one character and mostly background plot, which '06 is the opposite of.

The sad thing is that you're probably already thinking of taking this post seriously, DBZHedgy, instead of realizing some perspective and discovering this kind of false equivalency applies to

you.

And that's your incentive to STAY THE EFF AWAY FROM HIM. If I had suffered a death like that (which i have) I would wait for an opening. And isn't it just So convenient How Silver yells, quite loudly "HOW 'BOUT DIS" to signal the player that he is occupied? Hmm... yep that was totally unintentional.

Again, this isn't like how that game goes down at all.

There, X is deliberately supposed to lose to Vile so that Zero has a chance to shine and have his "Big Damn Hero" moment by taking out Vile's Ride Armor and saving his bro.

Here, Sonic is supposed to defeat Silver, only for him to get the jump on the Blue Blur in the cinematic afterwards. The fact that he's beatable at all, coupled with the fact that there is no sequence for if you do fall to him lends credence to that.

Right, because the Cutscene clearly shows that Sonic is incapable of beating Silver on his own terms. How can cutscenes be poorly programmed?

Man, don't be a wiseguy. You know I'm talking about the gameplay of the fight.

If your talking about the gritty look that Sonic 06 takes on, then what is the case with Brawl's gritty textures versus it's cartoonish look of melee? I don't remember Brawl getting hated on for that either.

How does comparing Super Smash Bros Brawl, a fighting game that isn't Sonic-centered where he just happens to appear in, a relevant comparison to 06? It sounds like straws are being grasped if you're comparing a fighting game to a Sonic title, just because Sonic showed up in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It could have been fair on Sonics side if they give him more ablities. Thats one thing I dont like about this game. They didnt put really any thought into the gameplay or the game. Except for Silver who had development. And Shadow they put alot of thought into his story and gameplay. But not with the friends and not with Sonic.

In Sonic's defense, he is the fastest character, giving him more mobility. I am glad however that everyone wasn't as fast as Sonic, it makes him feel pretty lame. I mean everyone in heroes played exactly the same, and ran at the same speed. I thought Sonic was the "fastest thing alive"