Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Most of the discussion about this game is the same back and forth that we just had for a few pages. Not to say discussion of other games in the series isn't a bit predictable either--how many times has the Unleashed VS Colours argument happened, exactly?--but with '06 it happens a lot more frequently. You know, someone comes in and say "it isn't so bad--" and almost everyone else on the forum pulls out a giant STOP sign.

I'm always glad when the subject is changed to talking about things that even people who like the game have to admit are odd. Like, Amy's invisibility. First of all, why? Second of all...actually no that's all you need to ask, why?? Hell, Silver having some kind of invisibility would make sense, have it be part of his telekinesis by ~bending light~ or something fake-science-y like that. I guess Amy's sorta used magic with the whole tarot card thing, but that's a long forgotten skill (though I think Generations referenced it...? might be thinking of something else).

Sonic 06 for Sonic was pretty much the equivalent of having one of your worst Birthday Parties ever; getting beaten up by the New kid on the block while having your friend/rival upstage you and be the star of your party. AND in the end, your reputation takes an unfortunate dive.
Oh and for a birthday present surprise, you get murdered and rendered dysfunctional until to the very last fight! HAPPY 15th greiving Birthday from SEGA.

Poo.

I like how out of context this sounds like an analogy but is actually exactly what happened. XP

• Thumbs Up 3

And to think sonic could of warned classic sonic about his future.

How? It's not like anyone really remembered the events of '06 thanks to the erasure of it from the timeline.

Unless you count Blaze's bizarre line about being back at Crisis City that throws up more questions than it answers.

Some people are speculating Sonic Boom is the result of Classic Sonic getting a better future ala the Dragon Ball Z process in which a new future is created and runs alongside the original future.

They should have called it.
Sonic and the Flames of Disaster
Than we would not have to tak on the 06.
We could just call it  Sonic and the Flames of Disaster

• Thumbs Up 3

If you want to turn things around, this was the same game that made Sega realize they've been making shitty games and they started getting their shit together starting with the next one.

I really do not think this game is worth discussing or even remembering, but what do I know? I think people would be happier if they just forgot about the game. If I could ban Sonic 2006 discussion, I'd do it in a fucking heartbeat. There's nothing worth talking about this game anymore.

• Thumbs Up 8

How? It's not like anyone really remembered the events of '06 thanks to the erasure of it from the timeline.

Unless you count Blaze's bizarre line about being back at Crisis City that throws up more questions than it answers.

Riiiight I forgot everything was erased.

Maybe blaze memorized crisis city because that's were she left off from silver. Maybe? Idk lol

I honestly find making fun of 06 rather tiring really. We all know that it sucked for countless of reasons. From, treating the old cast like shit to the extreme vagueness of the story to very concept of a blue anthromorphic animal living in the real world. I honestly think, we're just beating a dead horse here guys, if anything can we atleast think about something positive about the game.

I think people would be happier if they just forgot about the game, like most other fandoms would with a really terrible installment. 

Eh, to each their own. 06, in a way, was what finally snapped Sega out of their nonsense back in the day. It's an important mistake, and while one I hope they never make again, I think it one worth remembering. 

I kinda think of it as I do with my own memories of junior high/early high school. It would certainly be more comfortable to me to just forget all the social blunders I committed, but in the end I'm glad I have those memories around. If ever I get close to repeating myself in some horrible way, my memory has the capacity to remind me what happened the last time. It's not ideal, obviously, but I can guarantee you that it sure is effective. It's hard to learn from experience, but since we've been through the experience we might as well keep what we learned, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 3

The awesome music.

Sonic's theme

Silver's theme

Shadow's theme

Even that song that was a remix of sonic 2 ending scene was pretty nice

Level music's had some really good one like wave ocean, crisis city and kingdom valley.

The CGI was epic except the kiss scene, my favorite was the ending of Shadow's story next to Sonic's ending CGI.

That's some good I can get from this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The awesome music.

Sonic's theme

Silver's theme

Shadow's theme

Even that song that was a remix of sonic 2 ending scene was pretty nice

Level music's had some really good one like wave ocean, crisis city and kingdom valley.

The CGI was epic except the kiss scene, my favorite was the ending of Shadow's story next to Sonic's ending CGI.

Yeah, I agree that 06's soundtrack is really good, it has that atmospheric feel and is very memorable. It just baffles me on how Mike Mattei said that 06 had terrible music but I digress. The level music is just mindblowingly good, I mean who doesn't love The Inlet from Wave Ocean, Crisis City or Aquatic Base. The CG scenes are well made as well, the kiss was the only thing that felt wrong in that scene though.

I will say playing through some of Sonic's levels like Dusty Desert, Wave Ocean or Crisis City, were a blast to play through. It defintely felt like I was playing an HD version of Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only good thing was the excellent soundtrack. 06 was an ambitious game rushed to release to meet Sonic's 15th anniversary, when in reality it needed a lot more time just to make the game half decent. How they managed to mess up so many different gameplay styles is beyond me.

I've completed 06 twice in the last few years, and I will probably replay it again this year at some point. I need to be in the right frame of mind to be able to go through the game as quickly and painlessly as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, to each their own. 06, in a way, was what finally snapped Sega out of their nonsense back in the day. It's an important mistake, and while one I hope they never make again, I think it one worth remembering. 

I kinda think of it as I do with my own memories of junior high/early high school. It would certainly be more comfortable to me to just forget all the social blunders I committed, but in the end I'm glad I have those memories around. If ever I get close to repeating myself in some horrible way, my memory has the capacity to remind me what happened the last time. It's not ideal, obviously, but I can guarantee you that it sure is effective. It's hard to learn from experience, but since we've been through the experience we might as well keep what we learned, y'know?

Too bad the media and fans have turned Sonic 06 into a social cheat code. NO NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN PERSONALITY! SAY YOU HATE 06 AND HOW YOU LOVE THE CLASSICS ONLY, AND ALL OF THOSE MODERN HICKS ARE RUINING SONIC AND ONLY THOSE WHO LIKE THE CLASSICS ARE REAL SONIC FANS! YOU'RE A TRUE SONIC FAN!

Also more seriously, the constant act of treating every new Sonic game, even though they are flawed, as if they are Sonic 06 2.0/3.0/Over 9000.0, and glossing over the things they do right to the point that SEGA was pretty much too terrified to do anything marginally interesting for god knows how long is irritating and demonstrates just how much of blind sheep they can sink to. Granted to be fair Sonic Team's competence is questionable and inconsistent, but I doubt this constant barrage of poorly thought out and sometimes irrelevant and idiotic "criticisms" drowning out the legitimate criticism helps anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some people are speculating Sonic Boom is the result of Classic Sonic getting a better future ala the Dragon Ball Z process in which a new future is created and runs alongside the original future.

And if Boom succeeds, this will be my head-canon, and I shall pronounce it fanon.

This is my thoughts on the story of Sonic '06:

So, I've recently re-watched the cutscenes of SONIC the Hedgehog (in movie format by TheRealSonicFan:

), and I payed attention to everything, as if I was watching it for the first time. I have come to this conclusion: SONIC '06'S STORY IS GOOD. Sure, It may seem to be horrendous and plothole ridden, but in actuality, its not bad at all. 

Firs of all, the presentation. In the beginning of the tale (from the format of the order of events in the video above), we are introduced to a few ideas but we don't yet know why or what exactly they are. What are the Flames of Disaster and why did it destroy the world, and how is it connected to Princess Elise? Who is Mephiles the Dark and why does he look like Shadow and have the power to travel through time? How does Elise have the blue Chaos Emerald and how does she know about Silver if he comes from the future? What is the Scepter of Darkness and why did G.U.N. issue Rouge to get it back from Eggmanand why did he need it in the first place? But over the course of the story, the answers are slowly revealed. 

Second, the characterization In most people's eyes, Sonic is a soulless husk of his former self, Tails is useless and an idiot, Knuckles is useless and dumber than a sack of rocks, Shadow is a zombie, and Silver is whiny. BUT that's not what I saw. In my eyes, Silver started out as a naive young psychic who fought day after day against an eternal monster wit his only form of support being Blaze. Silver may start out as naive and not fully understanding the world around him or why things are as they are, but throughout his story, he learns more and more things from different characters and events. Mephiles taught him that to solve their problems, they should go back and eliminate the issue at its source. Amy told him that it may not be right to kill someone to save the world. Blaze explained the power of the Chaos Emeralds to him, and he learned that the Chaos Emeralds' power can be sued to warp time and space and 2 people can cause a space-time rift from his fight with Shadow. And in the past he finally witnessed the events that lead to the separation of Iblis and Mephiles from Solaris, and that a Royal Vessel can be used to seal the Flames of Disaster. It doesn't end their, as Silver makes use f his gained knowledge immediately after this. From his informing Sonic of a way to save Elise's life, his plan to defeat Iblis once and for all, and his solution to saving Sonic's life. Silver went from a Naive young simple minded hedgehog to a wiser and stronger time travelling savior. Now onto Shadow. Shadow's story mainly centers around the events that occured 10 years ago, and Mephiles' trying to persuade Shadow to the dark side against humanity. This is where the hardships and difficulties Shadow experienced comes into play, as no matter what Mephiles says, Shadow won't let himself go down that road again like he had in the past, and he has basically forgiven humanity for the things they did to him in the past and he now serves to protect them and let them be happy. This game basically serves as a closing chapter for the entire Shadow story that began in Sonic Adventure 2, and expands on how Shadow has developed as a character since then. And now we're onto Sonic. While we do see Sonic's trademark attitude occasionally, his scenes with Elise show the sides of Sonic that aren't usually shown up front such as how he deals with negative emotions and his appreciation for the beauty of nature. It's also his positive and caring personality that gets to Elise and causes her to become emotionally attached to him, thus being the reason the death of Sonic lead to Elise breaking down and releasing all the pent up sadness and despair she kept bottled up inside. The Amigos are also characterized pretty well, even though they weren't as prominent as the S-Hedgehog Trio. Tails and Knuckles' friendship with Sonic is shown pretty well, as well as their friendship with each other. Rouge and Omega's friendship with each other. Rouge and Omega's friendship with Shadow and each other are also great, and shows how close Team Dark as become since SA2/Heroes. And Blaze and Amy have a significant impact on the story, and Blaze's role as Silver's best friend, teammate, and "Big Sister" is also pretty well expressed.  

Watching the story of the game actually felt like a good movie to me, and everything flowed really well and came together perfectly. This story is far better than people give it credit for. If only the game itself was finished... that way, the entire game could have been a 12/10.

I'm not sure about you guys, but even though I haven't played the game in years I do have... not necessarily 'fond' memories of Sonic's campaign but not exactly terrible ones either.

Once you become good at something it very much becomes second nature in a sense. And once you've adopted the playstyle and learnt how to master the game it becomes more enjoyable. I know - you shouldn't have to do that with most games in order to get enjoyment from them, but to be honest once you have mastered how to control Sonic and you manage how to avoid the plentiful glitches and cringe-worthy moments in-game, I think the level design of some of Sonic's stages are actually quite respectable and slightly... enjoyable.

I didn't like Shadow and Silver's respective campaigns however, mostly due to how they A) took far too long per level B) had way too much repetitive combat sections and C) had (IMO) more/worse glitches and game design.

Really, what I'm saying here is that Sonic's portion - from what I recall - was far better designed than the other two campaigns in the game. Honestly, if Sonic Team had polished it and actually... you know, finished the controls and the technical issues that made the experience far from enjoyable, I think you could pass that off as a decent game. Not a great one - because I still believe some levels like Aquatic Base and Flame Core dragged - but one that isn't too great nor too bad either.

Like Sonic Lost World, I guess.

I really do not think this game is worth discussing or even remembering, but what do I know? I think people would be happier if they just forgot about the game. If I could ban Sonic 2006 discussion, I'd do it in a fucking heartbeat. There's nothing worth talking about this game anymore.

But the reason why people like to talk about terrible games like this and Bubsy 3D, Action 52 etc all the time for years to come is because these games are notorious for being bad and thus will never ever be forgotten and should never be forgotten about either. We need to spread word of how bad these games are, so people may never forget and we don't get a repeat of what happened to these games. I remember in Clement's review he said that Sonic 06 should be used in gaming design classes as an example of how NOT to make a game like Sonic 06 ever again and I totally agree.

I've already said enough about Sonic 06 in this topic and why I hate it blabla but I still like discussing the pros and cons with other people. *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 9

I think the reason that Sonic fans still sometimes want to talk about '06 rather than burying all memory of it is because it's something to project all of our problems and frustrations onto.  And also, it is fun to criticise.  For both '06 and in general.

In addition, not everyone's been around for eight years.  There are some people who haven't had a chance to stick the knife in yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

People discuss 06 too because it had such troubled development and all this "what could have been" stuff. It's very fascinating to go into.

I'm BACK, Did ya miss me?

No. You are wrong. Quality is one of those things that doesn't change depending on what people think about it. If there's a pot hole in the road it will continue to be a pot hole until it is fixed. The public opinion of whether or not it means the road is ruined will have no effect on the existence of the pot hole.

Sonic 06 has many incomplete features. For example, there's Sonic's ability to level up his shoe gems by collecting those energy shard things that fly out of every defeated enemy. This feature is described in detail in the manual. It does not exist in the game. Thus it detracts from the quality of the overall product. This is a fact. Nobody's opinion is ever going to cause this feature to suddenly start functioning.

You are making many wrong assumptions. That is an actual opinion held by me.

EDIT: And since that puts us back on the subject of the difference between quality and fun, there's the fact that Sonic's energy gauge isn't properly implemented so he can use the gems infinitely. That is incredibly fun to abuse and makes for a great way to cheese through levels. Hence this example of poor quality programming actually adds to the fun. Unfortunately, my opinion is that the other bajillion examples of poor quality programming detract from the fun.

Quality is based on how you have interpreted things. Generally if your a newbie at video games and the first you play is ET, chances are your going to think that's the best game in the world. You may not like it, but to you it's still the best in the world. Quality is Judged by Comparison. And considering how much stuff that's jammed into Sonic 06 I'd say it's quality is QUITE the contrary, considering later games like Colors barely have  any REAL content other than Padding, and unneccesary padding at that.

It doesn't detract from the quality because the Gems are still usable. If the entire powerups system were broken, and the gauge never filled then the gems would be utterly useless. Adding an infinite energy gauge ADDS to the quality. It may be relatively less than what it was when it was operational, but it is still useful. (Unlike Super Sonic in Colors...)

Response to Edit: You are correct, however it also seems as though your contradicting yourself... Many of the Bugs in the game can be easily abused to your own advantage, It works as Yin and Yang, Good Glitches come with Bad Glitches and Vice Versa. Just like Sonic Adventure. Both have their share of technical slipups, but they can still be abused to break the game. Everyone Loved Adventure, So why not 06?

tumblr_mbuk3vlsZZ1rvfs1y.gif

For the sake of sanity, quit with the Magikarp splashing!!

I have constantly stated reasons why I dislike this game, why its story is asinine, and why my experience with it has been horrid.

I've given you my reasons, I've given you facts, yet you constantly just hand-wave them and start the merry-go-round going up again! There is no way, you can actually ignore all that reasoning we've given. That's just dickish.

I could say that your doing the same thing. Avoiding debatable questions is almost exactly like that of the Magikarp Splash, especially when the thread is aimed at discussion :P

You gave given reasons as I have given reasons and you have given facts as I've given facts, perhaps it is that both sides The people that Love 06 (Me) and the people who hate 06 (everyone else) is just to stubborn to actually "listen" to reason. 

Dickish? Really? I seem to recall being called out by an admin for saying that... 

Then it has become clear that you really have just been ignoring everything we've been saying, and have done nothing more than try to prolong this argument.

Case in point; the amount of times you continue to try and pass blame on to other games that share problems with 06, when many of us have blatantly said numerous times:

"The problems of one game do not excuse the problems of another"

That and the fact that you keep insisting that we hate the game because it has glitches/bad story telling/etc, when in reality, it is the fact that there are so many glitches and bugs that directly interfere with the player's enjoyment, on top of the many design choices that further sour player's enjoyment, all while still having a story that is poorly written, has poor dialogue, and is confusing and feels half-assed.

It is the frequency and severity of these bad factors that make people hate this game.

As Many have done to things that I have said. No harm done. The circle keeps going on.

It would help if we could actually DISCUSS everything brought up instead of ignoring it rather repeatedly. 

You may have said it, but it does not however make it true. My "point" of showing problems shared with 06 in other games is to point out that these games have such problems YET they are still adored by fans, my question is, WHY?

Design Choices being bad? That is still your opinion. In FACT there are QUITE a few people porting 06 stages to Generations and it plays PERFECTLY. (It's like this game was made for the hedgehog engine...) Mainly due to tweaking however. Not to mention NUMEROUS fans have went on to say how great 06's level design is especially for a 3D sonic game. Alternate Paths and partner support are also a plus. In most cases at least...

Even if those two factors showed why people hate this game it's still undeserved. I've frequently taken jabs at the cult classics Adventure and Adventure 2. I've easily found quite a few bugs that hindered gameplay quite often. (I had to retry Sky Rail 12 times just to get A rank again) I don't know if I'm rusty, but that level design isn't always the greatest.

Yes,there is such a thing as completionism or doing it for views. What does this even have to do with your argument!?

I've stated it like... twice? But I'll say it again.

It shows that the people who "Claim" that the game is broken don't even believe it themselves, seeing as how they have overcome such travesties that the game can spit out at you. It's hypocrisy and contradictory. Why would you beat a game that you think is impossible to play? Makes no sense. It's like Mariotehplumber. He says Lost World is F'ing Terrible, yet he 100% completes it. How exactly does that make sense? please explain that to me.

Not only was Sonic hardly of any importance throughout Sonic 06, but apart from the opening and ending cutscenes of the game his personality was horrendous. He had no attitude, no snark, no cheese (which in this case I actually missed!)...instead he was a bland and flanderised goodie two shoes. In fact most of the cast was bland too, except for Shadow and Dr Eggman!

This really did feel like Shadow's game didn't it? He had the most interesting story throughout his gameplay after all.

If your referring to how the game doesn't focus on Sonic when he is the main title, I refer you to every kingdom hearts game except for 1 and 2 and 358/2 days.

It is QUITE clear that Sonic is only acting this way to be nice to the princess. Remember the beginning? "Why are you rescuing me?" "No special Reason".

He only says that BEFORE he heard about Elise's sob story. It would make sense that Sonic would be more caring in this situation. I assume he was just being precautions.

This is quite true, I found Sonic's more mesmerizing though... That is just me however.

Or this:

sonicadventure3.jpg

Definitely! If only it were finished...

Ironically I thought Shadow had some of the best characterization he's gotten since his introductory game in Sonic 06. His character development from his self-named game actually stuck, and it was so satisfying to see him dismiss a villain using the same kind of lame-ass arguments as Black Doom.

It seems Shadow was the only character that really developed in this game too... Besides Elise of Course. I'm glad they gave him his own villain though. Mephiles is a good counterpart for shadow considering his name is shadow... and he absorbed shadow's... shadow...

Shadow-ception!

Friendly reminder that this game came out nearly eight years ago and you all still choose to discuss it more than any other game on this forum.

Oh do carry on.

Just like how people still discuss Sonic 2 and how it was the greatest game ever :3

To be fair, I think most people find it easier/more fun to discuss things they don't like/are objectively awful rather than things they do/aren't.

We're somewhat of a oddball species like that.

Maybe we're prone to it. Maybe it's just the Fanbase's destiny to disagree on... everything :s

I'd agree that '06 is certainly the most controversial Sonic game discussion-wise though.

I'd say so as well...

I dont like how Sonic wasnt all main but I i liked the game because of Sonic. He was so amazing and humble in this game. I really like Silver to. I like how he was different and didnt rip off Sonics moves. I respect all opinions though

Yea, I enjoyed that... usually when a new char is introduced... their a clone of Sonic... with better powers...

Or just a shameless clone with new sprites or models

Tails

Knuckles

Shadow

Blaze

Sonic 06 for Sonic was pretty much the equivalent of having one of your worst Birthday Parties ever; getting beaten up by the New kid on the block while having your friend/rival upstage you and be the star of your party. AND in the end, your reputation takes an unfortunate dive.

Oh and for a birthday present surprise, you get murdered and rendered dysfunctional until the very last fight! HAPPY 15th greiving Birthday from SEGA.

That's a bit harsh don't ya think? I don't recall people HISSING at Sonic UNleashed when it was announced... I thought the fanbase had declined... What happened?

Most of the discussion about this game is the same back and forth that we just had for a few pages. Not to say discussion of other games in the series isn't a bit predictable either--how many times has the Unleashed VS Colours argument happened, exactly?--but with '06 it happens a lot more frequently. You know, someone comes in and say "it isn't so bad--" and almost everyone else on the forum pulls out a giant STOP sign.

LOL, yea. I've noticed that tongue.png

Eh, to each their own. 06, in a way, was what finally snapped Sega out of their nonsense back in the day. It's an important mistake, and while one I hope they never make again, I think it one worth remembering. I kinda think of it as I do with my own memories of junior high/early high school. It would certainly be more comfortable to me to just forget all the social blunders I committed, but in the end I'm glad I have those memories around. If ever I get close to repeating myself in some horrible way, my memory has the capacity to remind me what happened the last time. It's not ideal, obviously, but I can guarantee you that it sure is effective. It's hard to learn from experience, but since we've been through the experience we might as well keep what we learned, y'know?

I find that RATHER HILARIOUS considering how many bad gameplay choices they took from 06. Remember the shield that was supposed to be in the game? Oh yea... that's gone... remember when platforming meant something and speed was usually required with running shoes? Remember the invincibility power ups? All gone and only because 06 didn't feature it. Not to mention many of sonic moves are used from 06. The fluent homing attack of heroes adventure and adventure 2 is now replaced with a slow and straight forward homing attack, sliding is prominent, and the exhilirating high speeds of the Mach speed zones were adapted in unleashed and further improved on in generations. Sega pays its tribute o Sonic 06 quite often I should say... especially with crisis city in generations.

That wouldnt explain why he has blue arms though :P

<3 Posts merged. Please use edit button next time. ~Akito

Edited by DBZHedgy
Merging double post.

I've stated it like... twice? But I'll say it again.

It shows that the people who "Claim" that the game is broken don't even believe it themselves, seeing as how they have overcome such travesties that the game can spit out at you. It's hypocrisy and contradictory. Why would you beat a game that you think is impossible to play? Makes no sense. It's like Mariotehplumber. He says Lost World is F'ing Terrible, yet he 100% completes it. How exactly does that make sense? please explain that to me.

Oh that.  When people call a game "unplayable" they don't really mean it in the literal sense.  They really mean that the game's bad control and bad design give a false level of difficulty.  The word unplayable is used in lack of a better term.  Also, about Mariotehplumber, he's been confirmed as a moron a long time ago. Don't pay attention to nothing he says.

That's a bit harsh don't ya think? I don't recall people HISSING at Sonic UNleashed when it was announced... I thought the fanbase had declined... What happened?

I dunno.  I remember people raising an eyebrow (putting it mildly) after the reveal of Sonic the Werehog.

I find that RATHER HILARIOUS considering how many bad gameplay choices they took from 06. Remember the shield that was supposed to be in the game? Oh yea... that's gone... remember when platforming meant something and speed was usually required with running shoes? Remember the invincibility power ups? All gone and only because 06 didn't feature it. Not to mention many of sonic moves are used from 06. The fluent homing attack of heroes adventure and adventure 2 is now replaced with a slow and straight forward homing attack, sliding is prominent, and the exhilirating high speeds of the Mach speed zones were adapted in unleashed and further improved on in generations. Sega pays its tribute o Sonic 06 quite often I should say... especially with crisis city in generations.

That wouldnt explain why he has blue arms though tongue.png

The invincibility power up was in 06.  It just didn't appear that often and was in places you wouldn't need it but it was there.  The speed shoes were there too but only in multiplayer. As for shields, no elementals, no regulars, and one electric shield courtesy of the yellow gem (that doesn't actually protect Sonic so it's not really a shield).  There were no mach speed sections in Unleashed or Generations and Crisis City's appearance in Gens. is more like a glorified reference than a tribute.  In fact, I'd argue that Sega tried to do the complete opposite of what was done with 06; especially looking at games like Unleashed and Colors.

Ya, Mariotehplumber is classified as an idiot, but wouldn't that mean that many of the things that he does is also idiotic? You can't say a game is horrible and play through the whole thing COMPLETELY.

Do you see my point? 

Unplayable is referred to as Unplayable because bugs in a game or otherwise frequent crashes make it Impossible to play through completely. I'm glad Sega made sure THAT didn't happen though : P

A sharp difficulty curve caused by glitches aren't present either. Clipping Glitches do not happen 2 times in a row. Only randomly and in certain areas. There aren't any enemy glitches that break the game either... or boss glitches for that matter...

Clipping Glitches are the only real cause of undeserved death in this game, and my gaming vocabulary is wide enough for me to tell you that that is not the worst a game can offer laugh.png

I seem to recall Sonic Adventure DX having a lot clipping issues too... many of which caused players to get into stages they weren't supposed to be in. So far, I haven't (as well as many others) found any glitches that produce the same effect... Probably because of how much displacement happens when switching Town maps, explaining the arduous load times....

I was waiting to see who would catch that. tongue.png

Yes, it is present, however it is only present at one point and in one stage. Sonic's Flame Core. Love the music for it, and it is useful, but it doesn't appear other than that. The speed shoes were in Multiplayer weren't they? I wouldn't know since I didn't have 2 PS3 controllers back before I lost the game tongue.png

Either way, The Boost Trilogy follow this fault in game designing for some odd reasoning. Since Sonic was all about speed now and speed shoes weren't necessary it would make sense, especially since every game afterwards would be an improvement on the Mach Speed Segments. BTW that's the high speed sections that Unleashed used as a template. Mach speed segments = Forward Movement, just like Unleashed levels, as well as them being Hallways (As cited by NickonAquaMagna @ Youtube). I'm glad that 06 had both platforming and those exhilarating speeds. 

Ya, Mariotehplumber is classified as an idiot, but wouldn't that mean that many of the things that he does is also idiotic? You can't say a game is horrible and play through the whole thing COMPLETELY.

Do you see my point? 

Unplayable is referred to as Unplayable because bugs in a game or otherwise frequent crashes make it Impossible to play through completely. I'm glad Sega made sure THAT didn't happen though : P

A sharp difficulty curve caused by glitches aren't present either. Clipping Glitches do not happen 2 times in a row. Only randomly and in certain areas. There aren't any enemy glitches that break the game either... or boss glitches for that matter...

Clipping Glitches are the only real cause of undeserved death in this game, and my gaming vocabulary is wide enough for me to tell you that that is not the worst a game can offer laugh.png

I seem to recall Sonic Adventure DX having a lot clipping issues too... many of which caused players to get into stages they weren't supposed to be in. So far, I haven't (as well as many others) found any glitches that produce the same effect... Probably because of how much displacement happens when switching Town maps, explaining the arduous load times....

Unplayable in its general usage: Means that a game is very un-fun to play continuously or just hard to put up with while playing it. This is what people mean when they use the word un-playable, just because the game doesn't cause glitches to happen frequently doesn't mean that the standard game alone will be good for anyone who plays it. Sonic Adventure's Glitches are due to Rookie and Aged programming from it being Sonic Team's first real 3D Sonic game and it was a very acceptable first attempt...any old 3D platformer suffers from aged programming to atleast some degree. Also the player themselves going out of the way to cause a glitch to happen does not count in anyway, since anyone with free time on their hands can find big or small glitches or bugs in any game and you'd have to try to get the characters in Sonic Adventure in anyone else's levels because it won't happen otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1