Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

Her (japanese) profile in CD says she has an interest in the mystic,

Having interest in something doesn't mean having its power or anything.

I find the pink aura part pretty credible.

But the speed of sound part....? Naaah.

Edited by Mysterious X

Having interest in something doesn't mean having its power or anything.

I find the pink aura part pretty credible.

But the speed of sound part....? Naaah.

She and everyone else can break the sound barrier in Advance 2. The way I see it, is if they can give Amy all sorts of superpowers in any way, shape or form, then I think she has superpowers.

EDIT: Plus, she's a speed character and she chases Sonic all the time, I find it hard to believe that some people can find it hard to believe that Amy can break the sound barrier. 

Edited by tsz11

She and everyone else can break the sound barrier in Advance 2.

Is that really a power, then? Even if we take it as a canon example of her abilities (which I would say is highly debatable), if it's something that everyone, even some random 6 year old, can do, it's not really much of a superpower.

I prefer Amy being mostly normal anyway.

^ pretty much that. Almost every character in the series possesses some small lick of speed. It no more of a superpower than Charmy's natural ability to fly. Its innate. Its normal to the species.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

^ pretty much that. Almost every character in the series possesses some small lick of super speed. It no more of a superpower than Charmy's natural ability to fly. Its innate. Its normal to the species.

Charmy can mysteriously warp between flowers. Almost every character in the series that has been playable has at least one super power.

Edited by tsz11

Anyone can warp between flowers, but only Charmy can open them. They're weird mechanical warpflowers that don't make any sense and really shouldn't be taken as in-canon things.

She and everyone else can break the sound barrier in Advance 2. The way I see it, is if they can give Amy all sorts of superpowers in any way, shape or form, then I think she has superpowers.

EDIT: Plus, she's a speed character and she chases Sonic all the time, I find it hard to believe that some people can find it hard to believe that Amy can break the sound barrier. 

I never thought any of the Advance games was canon.

Aaand no, I don't find it hard to believe, I find it impossible to believe, (technically) Amy is NOT a speed character, the only reason why she was the speed-type character in Team Rose, is because she couldn't fit as fly-type, neither could a little pink girl fit as a power-type character.

Charmy can mysteriously warp between flowers. Almost every character in the series that has been playable has at least one super power.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

Charmy is a bee, he can let the flowers bloom, not more, not less, the flowers themselves have a power to transport characters. As long as the flower is open any character can use it.

Edit: Almost every character, not Amy.

Edited by Mysterious X

We don't even know if opening those flowers is a Charmy specific ability or a bee centric ability.

Obviously the latter would render that mute anyway.

oops. Ninja'd

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Anyone can warp between flowers, but only Charmy can open them. They're weird mechanical warpflowers that don't make any sense and really shouldn't be taken as in-canon things.

His profile in the manual states he can "Mysteriously warp between flowers". 

I never thought any of the Advance games was canon.

Aaand no, I don't find it hard to believe, I find it impossible to believe, (technically) Amy is NOT a speed character, the only reason why she was the speed-type character in Team Rose, is because she couldn't fit as fly-type, neither could a little pink girl fit as a power-type character.

Sorry, that's incorrect.

Charmy is a bee, he can let the flowers bloom, not more, not less, the flowers themselves have a power to transport characters. As long as the flower is open any character can use it.

Amy IS a Speed Type. She's been one since SA2:B since she was playable in the action races like Sonic, Shadow and Metal, and she still is one since every Riders game has her a Speed-Type. 

Hey hey, don't underestimate little girls with pink hair. In animeland they can hit just as hard as anyone.

His profile in the manual states he can "Mysteriously warp between flowers".

Which is a poorly worded reference to his ability to open aforementioned flowers. Everything I said still holds.

Amy IS a Speed Type. She's been one since SA2:B since she was playable in the action races like Sonic, Shadow and Metal, and she still is one since every Riders game has her a Speed-Type.

She's classified as a Speed type, but that doesn't imply that she has super-speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

She's been one since SA2:B

Of course, will she fit for shooting battle in Sonic Adventure 2? Or as a freaking treasure hunter? She. Is. Not.

Same for Riders, the speed type is the best for her, only because it's the least type she blows at.

Hey hey, don't underestimate little girls with pink hair. In animeland they can hit just as hard as anyone.

I'm... Sorry! O_O

On a serious note: Still, carrying a hammer all around doesn't make her a power character. She just... B-L-O-W-S.

Edit: Only because I'm not a big fan of Amy's doesn't mean I mean offense to any of her fans in any way, just saying.

Edited by Mysterious X

Which is a poorly worded reference to his ability to open aforementioned flowers. Everything I said still holds.

She's classified as a Speed type, but that doesn't imply that she has super-speed.

The way they worded it implies that it's some sort of magical ability. 

To me, if your classified as a Speed-type in a SONIC game implies that you have Super-Speed. 

To me, if your classified as a Speed-type in a SONIC game implies that you have Super-Speed. 

In that case, Amy shouldn't be in Sonic games.

The way they worded it implies that it's some sort of magical ability.

Like I said, it's poorly worded. Context tells you what it's referring to, and what it's referring to is not a magical ability to teleport through flowers. 

So what if a character has no super speed, no super strength, and cannot fly, yet is forced into this Heroes-style categorization system? Do you think Ulala has super speed just because she was a Speed type in Riders?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Like I said, it's poorly worded. Context tells you what it's referring to, and what it's referring to is not a magical ability to teleport through flowers. So what if a character has no super speed, no super strength, and cannot fly, yet is forced into this Heroes-style categorization system? Do you think Ulala has super speed just because she was a Speed type in Riders?

Most of the profiles in Heroes says something about the character's ability in their profile, like Shadow's Chaos Control, Amy's hammer, Sonic's Light-Dash, Knuckles martial arts, Tails/Cream/Rouge's flight, Espio's invisibility, Vectors powerful jaws, and Omega's arsenal. Charmy is the only flight character who's profile doesn't mention flight as his ability. This implies that his "mysteriously warping between flowers" is more significgant then his flying, well...that and his stinging tail. 

Like I said, it's poorly worded. Context tells you what it's referring to, and what it's referring to is not a magical ability to teleport through flowers. So what if a character has no super speed, no super strength, and cannot fly, yet is forced into this Heroes-style categorization system? Do you think Ulala has super speed just because she was a Speed type in Riders?

Then what are they doing in a Sonic game as a playable character?

It occurs to me that Espio is a speed type despite lacking super speed. Maybe the "speed" category also applies to really agile characters?

As for Amy's classification as a speed type in Heroes, it was less because she didn't fit the role of a power character and more because Big didn't fit the "speed" archetype.

Most of the profiles in Heroes says something about the character's ability in their profile, like Shadow's Chaos Control, Amy's hammer, Sonic's Light-Dash, Knuckles martial arts, Tails/Cream/Rouge's flight, Espio's invisibility, Vectors powerful jaws, and Omega's arsenal. Charmy is the only flight character who's profile doesn't mention flight as his ability. This implies that his "mysteriously warping between flowers" is more significgant then his flying, well...that and his stinging tail.

They mention it because it's unique to him. He's the only one that can open the flowers. There's no deeper meaning to it.

Trundling along at a quick, but not explicitly superhuman, pace, possibly with abilities (super or otherwise) that don't fit neatly into any of those 3 categories. I ask again, do you think Ulala is secretly the Flash just because she was classified as a Speed type in Riders?

It occurs to me that Espio is a speed type despite lacking super speed. Maybe the "speed" category also applies to really agile characters?

As for Amy's classification as a speed type in Heroes, it was less because she didn't fit the role of a power character and more because Big didn't fit the "speed" archetype.

Espio doesn't lack speed, in fact he was faster then Amy. I think it's stated in the comics that he's like the third fastest in the world or something. 

Charmy is the only flight character who's profile doesn't mention flight as his ability.

Because he is a bee, not a mysterious flying fox or a freaking long-eared rabbit.

I can ask you the same.

They mention it because it's unique to him. He's the only one that can open the flowers. There's no deeper meaning to it.Trundling along at a quick, but not explicitly superhuman, pace, possibly with abilities (super or otherwise) that don't fit neatly into any of those 3 categories. I ask again, do you think Ulala is secretly the Flash just because she was classified as a Speed type in Riders?

I don't know anything about Ulala besides the fact that she's a SEGA character so I can't say. 

Espio doesn't lack speed, in fact he was faster then Amy. I think it's stated in the comics that he's like the third fastest in the world or something. 

The comics are non-canon though.

Because he is a bee, not a mysterious flying fox or a freaking long-eared rabbit.

I can ask you the same.

Rouge is a bat, a naturally flying animal, yet it still mentions flight for her. 

And about Ulala, I just checked the Sonic News Network and it says that she's one of the fastest in the game, with her speed stats rivalling Sonic, Shadow and Jet. 

The comics are non-canon though.

I know, but since that info about Espio didn't come up till recent years, then I assume they (AKA Ian Flynn) wouldn't have said that if there wasn't some truth in the games. Also in the comics, Vector's strength rivals Knuckles after Mighty helped him bulk up. 

Edited by tsz11

Espio is a ninja for God's sake, his speed is insane.

And about Ulala, I just checked the Sonic News Network and it says that she's one of the fastest in the game, with her speed stats rivalling Sonic, Shadow and Jet. 

Do you want to think about that for a second?

Espio is a ninja for God's sake, his speed is insane.

Do you want to think about that for a second?

I know what people say about the SNN, but whenever I go there, all the info I see seems to be accurate. 

I ask again, do you think Ulala is secretly the Flash just because she was classified as a Speed type in Riders?

Like whoever said before, Speed-Type probably just refers to characters with enough agility to have it be their main trait.  Ulala's an exceptional dancer, so it's only logical that she'd be agile enough to grind rails.

Plus they couldn't just make her a pointless jack-off character with no powers.  The same could be said of Amigo, Billy Hatcher, and AiAi.  NiGHTS is the only Riders guest that actually has a power that could be utilized as a consistent "Type".

While you could say the same thing about Amy, she's been CONSISTENTLY faster than other characters in several games.  I think it's safe to say that she is faster than your average Joe the Hedgehog.