Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

The tarrot card thing? Maybe.

But that power hardly ever gets referenced. Wasn't it only acknowledged in her story in Battle?

I don't get how some people can say Amy doesn't have powers.

She kind of doesn't. She has an anime hammer and she can run reasonably quick and sometimes spin by virtue of being a playable Sonic character, but she's pretty much normal otherwise.

The tarrot card thing? Maybe.

But that power hardly ever gets referenced. Wasn't it only acknowledged in her story in Battle?

It's also one of her skills in Chronicles.

Anyway, everyone knows Amy's main power is being the only female hedgehog alive.  Thus all the d00ds want to git wit her

She has powers, but powers won't decide whether she's useless or not.

She kind of doesn't. She has an anime hammer and she can run reasonably quick and sometimes spin by virtue of being a playable Sonic character, but she's pretty much normal otherwise.

Being a playable Sonic character is a power itself.

It's also one of her skills in Chronicles.

Anyway, everyone knows Amy's main power is being the only female hedgehog alive.  Thus all the d00ds want to git wit her

She has another main power, the ability to track Sonic wherever he goes.

I think really any is just an average hedgehog, sure she is strong but she's trying to impress sonic and help him, so she needs some way to attack enemies, and her speed, she's trying to track the worlds fastest hedgehog, she's going to develop some speed!

To be fair I think Amy is one of the more interesting characters to play, her gameplay is different enough to be interesting but similar enough to be sonic gameplay. The inability to spin and attack is different from everyone else and instead she has the jump and then "hammer attack" button which takes a bit of skill and harder (and different) than just the one button junp attack, also bring back the hammer jump and you have an INCENTIVE to go fast, without going fast you can't jump as high and have to take a different longer and/or harder route. Whereby If you have the momentum you can use the hammer jump and jump maybe twice as high? Leading to alternate routes and secret areas.

...maybe Amy should be the main character? :P

Technically you could argue that Eggman doesn't have any powers either. Sure, his IQ is at least 300, but his skills revolve entirely around having an army of robots!

I hope I'm not sounding like a Devil's Advocate or anything. I just thought it was an interesting point.

Well if she does, they sure aren't as explicit like Super Speed, Super Strength, or Flight.

Technically you could argue that Eggman doesn't have any powers either. Sure, his IQ is at least 300, but his skills revolve entirely around having an army of robots!

I hope I'm not sounding like a Devil's Advocate or anything. I just thought it was an interesting point.

Eggman's intelligence may be a super power within itself considering its impossible to have a 300 IQ

To be fair I think Amy is one of the more interesting characters to play

From what world do you come from?!!

And actually, I'm not sure if the hammer jump attack appeared in any game besides Sonic Adventure.

Intelligence is a power itself! He can create robots able to use energy from a Chaos Emerald or more, he was able to make robots that were able to bring Sonic from the Super form to his normal state. Really, there's a lot of talking over Eggman that can be done.

Now enough with discussing Amy.

If everyone is okay with it, I'd like to start a new Versus round.

Emerl Vs. Metal Sonic:

While Emerl has the ability to copy anyone (or anything), the only way to defeat him might be a (somehow) unfair fight, like Cream and Cheese fighting him simultaneously, and leaving confused as whom is he supposed to copy. But I don't think Metal Sonic will have much friends to fight alongside, let's make it a fair fight, just Emerl Vs. just Metal Sonic.

On the other hand we have Metal Sonic, one of Dr. Eggman Robotnik's greatest creations, aside from great machinery powers, he has almost the same abilities Sonic has.

Assuming that Emerl's ability to copy should make an even fight, or he could copy someone much stronger than Metal Sonic, then I'll say what will decide the fight, is their ability to self-develop, which one has a bigger tendency to improve his thinking, that maybe in the end Metal Sonic will be able to fool Emerl by not showing all his powers, or maybe Emerl can already have information of a very strong character stored.

Emerl Vs. Metal Sonic:

While Emerl has the ability to copy anyone (or anything), the only way to defeat him might be a (somehow) unfair fight, like Cream and Cheese fighting him simultaneously, and leaving confused as whom is he supposed to copy. But I don't think Metal Sonic will have much friends to fight alongside, let's make it a fair fight, just Emerl Vs. just Metal Sonic.

On the other hand we have Metal Sonic, one of Dr. Eggman Robotnik's greatest creations, aside from great machinery powers, he has almost the same abilities Sonic has.

Assuming that Emerl's ability to copy should make an even fight, or he could copy someone much stronger than Metal Sonic, then I'll say what will decide the fight, is their ability to self-develop, which one has a bigger tendency to improve his thinking, that maybe in the end Metal Sonic will be able to fool Emerl by not showing all his powers, or maybe Emerl can already have information of a very strong character stored.

Emerl is very, very weak in his basic state.  It takes time for him to copy enough abilities to reach full power, and, even after that, it takes intense training (and I assume technical digging) to find his "Ultimate Abilities".  Metal Sonic already has a full set of moves from the get go, and with Metal's lack of any sort of restraint or empathy, I imagine he'd just crunch Emerl to dust before he could copy enough of Metal's abilities to fight back.  Even if he did copy all of Metal's abilities, it would then just be a battle of who could use them better (and I'd say Metal, since he's had them for longer).

NOW, if you're talking about Emerl in his final boss form, then that's a different story.  Sonic was able to beat him (in under 30 seconds, no less) without any power-ups, so it's anyone's guess as to who would win, since Sonic and Metal are generally believed to be on equal levels in all respects (except Metal's copy ability and Sonic's...plot armor, I guess).

Wow I didn't know that Emerl actually appeared as a final boss, all I know is what I saw on Sonic X.

But let's assume that being a final boss means that he will be defeated anyway, or else the game won't progress.

Yet again, what if he already had (let's say) Shadow's powers, all of them, trained very well, will he stand a chance against Metal Sonic? I don't think it will then be a Shadow Vs. Metal Sonic fight, because I doubt anyone can use Shadow's abilities like Shadow can, and I also doubt that Emerl can turn 'Super Emerl(?)', then maybe we should consider Emerl's ability to make the most out of Shadow's power and only create a fair fight.

From what world do you come from?!!

And actually, I'm not sure if the hammer jump attack appeared in any game besides Sonic Adventure.

I mean that as her gameplay is pretty similar to sonic's but different enough to break monotonous repetitive gameplay and clones. I am basing this mostly out of Adventure and Advance though lol!

I know, that's why I said made it return. To be honest I could see it working pretty well as an alternate character other than sonic.

Of course she isn't the most interesting, Knux and tails are far more interesting alternate styles, but she has (or could have) the least game breaking alternate style.

Anyway into the current matchup, I think Metal could win easily if Emerl wasn't "awakened" he is basically Sonic, and Emerl never beat sonic in a fight. He may have more trouble against awakened Emerl but again Emerl got beat by sonic in a fight, thus we can assume Metal could also beat him. Metal also assimilated all of Sonic's data, his stats, abilities and memories (to defeat your enemy first you must know them) so id assume he would know how to beat Emerl and the strategy Sonic used in his fight, metal however wouldn't hold back as he has no attachment to Emerl and is just another obstacle in his way.

Although, are we assuming Metal still has his copying powers? He isn't Neo Metal Aonic anymore, and hasn't shown them since Heroes, maybe Eggman removed the ability when he retooled him (didn't want a chance for metal to revolt again)

Edited by Jolt_TH

From that perspective, Amy's gameplay is sure similar to Sonic's.

In Sonic Adventure she has a rather different style, while most other games felt repetitive.

I think Emerl couldn't beat Sonic in a fight, but Sonic can't beat him either if he copied his powers perfectly, Sonic's powers + robot = Metal Sonic!

Nope, I'm not assuming Metal Sonic can copy, he was designed to copy Sonic, and when he went wild he was destroyed and then rebooted.

Oh by the way, I also think Metal Sonic will be declared winner, but a little discussing won't hurt, the idea that he might have powers of someone much more powerful than Metal Sonic sounds just possible.

There was her invisibility power in Sonic 06...but then again, that was Sonic 06.

I'm inclined to believe Amy's invisibility happened because Sonic Team forgot she couldn't do that.

Just like how they forgot Blaze was from another universe and not the future.

I think that as well.

Who knows what was going on in the minds of 06's developers.

Sonic 2006 didn't happen, so there was no Sonic 2006 developers, Amy didn't have an invisibility power, no one hated the game.

Maybe they planned to use Espio instead of Amy?

Maybe, since there was that random pairing of Silver and Espio later on.  Could be referencing the original plan there.

Amy is also able to create pink heart tornadoes (SA2:B 2p mode and Heroes) as well as that "Amy Flash" that freezes time longer then Sonic's Time Stop or Shadow's Chaos Control. Her (japanese) profile in CD says she has an interest in the mystic, And the fact they even considered Invisibility for her says something. That combined with being able to summon an infinite amount of magical hammers that give off a pink aura and a trail of pink hearts and her being able to reach the speed of sound leads me to believe she has powers.

Also ironically, I was actually thinking of G/Emerl VS Metal Sonic with their copy abilities (which he has in both Rivals games.)

Edited by tsz11

Amy is also able to create pink heart tornadoes (SA2:B 2p mode and Heroes) as well as that "Amy Flash" that freezes time longer then Sonic's Time Stop or Shadow's Chaos Control. Her (japanese) profile in CD says she has an interest in the mystic, And the fact they even considered Invisibility for her says something. That combined with being able to summon an infinite amount of magical hammers that give off a pink aura and a trail of pink hearts and her being able to reach the speed of sound leads me to believe she has powers.

Also ironically, I was actually thinking of G/Emerl VS Metal Sonic with their copy abilities (which he has in both Rivals games.)

You mean all of those gameplay abilities which never show up in another game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that as well.

Who knows what was going on in the minds of 06's developers.

Maybe, since there was that random pairing of Silver and Espio later on.  Could be referencing the original plan there.

I wasn't actually being serious, but now I'm beginning to wonder...

What does that matter? 

It mattters because if a character could do something in one game, only for another game and all subsequent games to say "oh wait, he couldn't do this and never will" and not have that ability, then it would essentialy be delving into the depths of fanon and headcanon to say that he could always do it and always has it on him.

It's like, for example, Mewtwo from Pokémon. You can catch him in R/B/Y/FR/LG and nuke everything in sight all you want, but it would be foolish to assume that Red has it in G/S/C/HG/SS simply because he could get it in the previous Gen. Especially in HG/SS where one can catch Mewtwo for themselves.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

You mean all of those gameplay abilities which never show up in another game.

Not to mention they only appeared in the multiplayer section of the game...where all of the other speed characters had similar powers/defenses.

• Thumbs Up 1