Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

I really wish this game would come in July. I honestly can what to experience the M & L series in a complete game. I've said it before but I've only played a few hours of Superstar Saga. But just by seeing the game focused on Luigi has got me hooked. Can't wait.

It didn't just strip him of personality, it stripped him of his vocal cords. Seriously, did Bowser even have a single line in Sticker Star?

The more I think about that game, the worse I remember it being... ugh...

I-wait, what? Bowser didn't have a speaking role?

I-wait, what? Bowser didn't have a speaking role?

Nyerp. All he does is do fancy sticker tricks, roar, and attack Mario. His kid and toady are the only main villains with lines.

Man, this looks great.  The artistic direction is wonderful and it looks like a blast to play, unlike a certain other 3DS Mario "RPG" that came out recently.

Glad to see the giant fights return, though it kinda sucks that the 3D effect will be ruined by turning the system sideways.

Can I just say how amazing the music direction is for this so far? <3

Edit: Cleaner and crisper version.

Edited by t0ms0nic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is that one Testuamoaoaofofara woman that makes FF music working on this game again?

I can't read it, since it's Japanese, but apparently it was confirmed it's Shimomura. At least according to some Japanese link on Wikipedia. Might be the official site, didn't bother to check since no speak a da Japanese.

Yoko Shimomura? Most likely, she's done music for all the M&L games so far, and Super Mario RPG.
She also did the OST for Kingdom Hearts 1 (not sure about the rest of the games)...no wonder the songs in that game sounds similar to something you'd hear in a M&L game.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the new issue of ONM through the post earlier and there's a review of the game in it.

For those who want to know, it scored...

92%

+ A near constant drip-feed of barmy invention

+ Smart twist on the traditional turn-based brawls

+ One of 3DS's funniest games

"A game set in Luigi's wildest dreams turns out to be the game of our wildest dreams. What are the odds of that, eh? This is tirelessly inventive fun."

I got the new issue of ONM through the post earlier and there's a review of the game in it.

For those who want to know, it scored...

92%

+ A near constant drip-feed of barmy invention

+ Smart twist on the traditional turn-based brawls

+ One of 3DS's funniest games

"A game set in Luigi's wildest dreams turns out to be the game of our wildest dreams. What are the odds of that, eh? This is tirelessly inventive fun."

Shiet! That's awesome! The game is out in 2 weeks here in the UK and I cannot flippin' WAITbiggrin.png

To be fair though...since they're ONM, they do come off a bit biased with the score if I'm honest. I'm not saying that the game isn't good, but yeah.

Edited by KrazyBean

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206395

I want it to be August already. Man I've said this before but I'm glad that this is the first M&L game that I will purchase and I will LOVE IT.

Just wow. This game looks so much better than Bowser's Inside Story and even Superstar Saga...and I really liked those two games. This easily looks like it'll be the best of the series, and hopefully not the last =\

You should play the other games in the series...they aren't linked or anything but they are great games :)

Edited by KrazyBean

This may be old news but I've just noticed it...

If you pre-order Dream Team Bros. from GAME, you'll get a pair of Mario & Luigi keyrings as well!

gm_widget_MarioLuigiDreamTeamBros.jpg

The game is currently £29.99 on their website, for those interested.

If you pre-order Dream Team Bros. from GAME, you'll get a pair of Mario & Luigi keyrings as well!

Wishes this would be in America too. Especially the Luigi hat

OH SWEET! I already pre-ordered from GAME, and I was planning to get some new keyrings as well. Guess I killed two birds with one stone.

Aw man those are so cute I would actually consider preordering the game for those alone. I've only ever preordered two games before: SoulSilver and New Leaf, the latter I only did the day before it was out.

I'm incredibly jealous. I've already preordered to avoid a repeat of Dark Moon's selling out everywhere, and those keyrings would just be icing on the cake.

The one thing you gotta love about the Mario & Luigi series, and Mario RPG's in general: The unpredictableness 

Can I just say how amazing the music direction is for this so far? <3

Edit: Cleaner and crisper version.

Man this is a great battle theme :)

I love the retro touches, slight remix of the original battle theme from the first game and it even has a bit of Galaxy thrown in there :)

Can I just say how excited I am for this game?

I mean SS has always been one of my favorite Mario games, and when PiT came out I just sorta played it and never really touched it again.  BiS was fun and all but I hated the 2D sections, and the game felt way too short for me.

This shit though, it looks like they took SS and made it better. No annoying gimmicks like the baby, no gimmick to take away the focus from Mario & Luigi, it's just the two bros all the way through (at least I hope so)

They even brought back the Bros Moves! Something I've been hoping for since PiT. The overworld being in 3D, Luigi's dreams and the 2D sections actually look interesting, not taking place in the Mushroom Kingdom for the umpteenth time, the battles looking more evolved and fleshed out, the giant Luigi battles, the amazing music, everything about this game has me hyped!

Looking at the rest of Nintendo's releases this year, I'm almost a 100% positive this is gonna be my favorite Nintendo game this year.

I am so f-ing jealous of all you Euros and peeps with Japanese 3DS's who get to play this a month before us Americans. Ya'll better not spoil anything in the game for us!!!

I can't wait to hear the Final boss music, although it's going to be tough to beat BiS.

See man now you got me thinking about BiS and how gdlk it's music was. Think I'll replay through it just to see how it's held up or some other BS.