Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

So.

Hope I'm not the only one who hopes Wario and Waluigi finally make their M&L debut in this game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Heh, first Pokemon X and Y get a higher game rating than ever before in Australia, and now, Dream Team gets the E10+ logo instead of the E the prior three games had. Either rating guidelines have gotten stricter, or the games themselves are getting "edgier", for lack of word.

Broque Monsieur is back, so maybe he's a mainstay character to the series now. That's cool, it's nice to have a recurring character with an obvious connection to the Mario series's famous blocks.

Hopefully that means Broggy and the best attack ever makes a comeback.

That art is so cool. Especially this one:

8948354085_eacfabc8d3.jpg

Loving it all.

Im really hoping this becomes a bro move sometime in the future.

Anyone else find it a bit disturbing that the pillows are actually the corpses of the P'i'llo people? Dat fridge horror. Yes, those pillows are the petrified bodies of people, Antasma did it to them.

Lovely artwork, especially of the special attacks. This series never ceases to produce some of the absolute best Mario art.

By the way...I just noticed something about this image:

8948951384_b39303a9a5_zps2c995ac4.jpg

Not seeing it yet? Let's get a closer look: 

8948951384_635f992997_o_zps37672cd9.jpg

Looks like the King of Awesome will ride again! (Unsurprisingly.) I swear, if the game ends in a ballz-crazy sequence where the Bros are trapped in Bowser's dreams, this has the potential to be my game of the year! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm looking at the pictures again, and this caught my eye.

8948314131_ef73e0bd5b.jpg

The past three games, in the face of something troublesome, most of the time Mario and Luigi would merely make an initial reaction, then default back to their standard faces and run away. Right here, they're showing genuine emotion and character; they actually look human to me. If this is how they act during stressful moments, I can't wait to see how they act in happy, victorious moments. If only the gallery had a screenshot of tha-

8948312967_84fd878286.jpg

Oh my god. Is it August yet? I need this.

Simply amazing. I too can't wait for it to be August. Which is sad since I love the months of June and July (especially since July is my birthday)

8948940378_d9c4cdd376_o.jpg

Wait hold the phone. What is that Green Creature in the bottom of the screenshot. Its YES! Yoshi my expectations of this game are growing even more. I wanted Yoshi to appear in this game and I've gotten my wish. Now please be playable in some form.

Yoshis have appeared in M&L before as NPCs. There's no reason to believe they'd be playable here, especially since the M&L series only has additional playable characters if they're an advertised gimmick (the babies, Bowser).

Yoshis have appeared in M&L before as NPCs. There's no reason to believe they'd be playable here, especially since the M&L series only has additional playable characters if they're an advertised gimmick (the babies, Bowser).

Hmm thanks for the info. This will be my first true playthrough/ownership of an M&L game so its good to know. Still glad that I might talk to the little bugger.

Edited by Team Sonic

I'd be very surprised if Yoshi wasn't the gimmick of a future M&L game.  He seems the most obvious gameplay extension after the babies and Bowser.  The fact that there are loads of Yoshis with different colours and powers certainly seems to have stacks of potential.  (...Although I still want my Wario & Waluigi game.)

As for this game, it looks more and more excellent.  My initial concerns about the use of returning characters from BIS have been mostly allayed at this point.  ...Mostly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I better pre-order ASAP, something tells me this game is gonna sell fast when it comes out.

Damn, I better pre-order ASAP, something tells me this game is gonna sell fast when it comes out.

Not to brag or anything but I work for best buy So I can ensure myself a copy

I'm still thinking on whether I want to pre-order it in store or online. I already have a copy of Pikmin 3 reserved at the local Best Buy, so maybe I should just reserve Dream Team too.

I've absolutely loved every installment of the Mario and Luigi series so far. To me, they're right up there with the first three Paper Mario games in terms of lovable characters and memorable storylines (Something I cannot say about Sticker Star, but that's neither here nor there).

From what I've seen of Dream Team, it looks really promising. A look at Luigi's dreams is a fantastic (and fairly original) premise for a game, and the updated gameplay/graphics expansions look great. 

I'm rather curious what ol' Bowser's role will be this time around. Looking forward to finding out, in any event! The series hasn't disappointed so far, and I expect another great installment here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh sweet they brought back the giant fights, man I loved those from BIS! Though I wish we could have one Mario and Luigi game without Bowser showing up at some point.

Oh sweet they brought back the giant fights, man I loved those from BIS! Though I wish we could have one Mario and Luigi game without Bowser showing up at some point.

Its essentially a running gag that he's the tutorial fight.

So the plot is Peach gets kidnapped again.

Fucking wonderful. I appreciate the twists on Peach getting kidnapped that the RPGs do, but it's getting old.

So the plot is Peach gets kidnapped again.

Fucking wonderful. I appreciate the twists on Peach getting kidnapped that the RPGs do, but it's getting old.

If it follows the same plot conventions as the first three games, there are probably macguffins you gotta collect.

That said, I don't really care for the predictable plot because I'm primarily interested in the writing for this game.

Ironic how the main Mario title is averting that plot for a change.

Great to see Bowser back in top form after Sticker Star largely stripped him of his personality. Also cool to see the giant fights return. Those 3D scenes after Luigi goes super-size look gorgeous. 

Great to see Bowser back in top form after Sticker Star largely stripped him of his personality.

It didn't just strip him of personality, it stripped him of his vocal cords. Seriously, did Bowser even have a single line in Sticker Star?

The more I think about that game, the worse I remember it being... ugh...