Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

I ordered from ShopTo. I've ordered from GAME a lot in the past and ShopTo I find is the better one.

Ah right, yeah. ShopTo is not only cheaper than GAME, but they tend to ship sooner too. I wanted the keyrings though, so I went with GAME this time :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Some European stores are selling the game early

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=207127

My copy was dispatched today. Looking forward to it biggrin.png

Lucky you. Mine will probably be dispatched tomorrow, which means that I will get it on launch day...I was expecting to get it a day earlier but oh well. I ordered from GAME as well.

Edited by KrazyBean

Some rough cam footage of the first few minutes of the game has shown up on Youtube:

Looks like Antasma is the tutorial battle this time around and everyone's favorite cube-shaped canine is back!

Probably going to lay off of any new Dream Team videos or information from now until release day. Don't want to spoil too much of the awesome for myself. biggrin.png

My copy just got dispatched today...oh boy oh boy oh boy, can't wait to play this beast of a game!

Likewise! I wasn't really interested in this game before, cause the only other M&L game I've played it BIS and I didn't enjoy it, but this still looks like it'll be proper good fun. And I was really, really surprised to find that this game uses sprites and not 3D models. Talk about dedication, Nintendo! For sprites, they're simply stunning.

Well, I've played the first 3 hours of the game. There is A LOT of dialogue and tutorials thrown at you and it's kinda linear at first, but I'm sure that things will get interesting as I progress. 

The game must be very long considering that I still haven't gotten my first Bro or Luiginary move even after 3 hours of play.

The graphics are excellent and the sprite animations are silky smooth, also the music is fantastic. The battle system is pretty much the same as B.I.S but there are some awesome tweaks like having the ability to stockpile badge effects up to 2 times and change badges during battles. There are also 'Expert Challenges' to get through which grant you rare gear when you complete a set amount of them.

The Dream Battles are especially awesome and some of the enemy attacks acquire you to move up or down as well as jump to counter them. The first dream boss is Antasma cloning Mario into a bunch of Dreamy Mario's and one of the attacks makes you run in a 3D perspective whilst moving left and right and jumping over a bunch of Dreamy Mario's. When Dreamy Luigi enters Mario he actually makes Mario stronger, by increasing his HP and Attack power.

Each section of the world has more than one Pi'llow to rescue, so you do enter the dream world more than once per area. The dream worlds in the beginning are pretty short and simple but they're just there to make you get used to the Luiginary Works. Things will most likely get more complex and interesting later in the game.

One pet peeve I have is that there is a Save button on the touch screen at all times, which means you can save at any time. There are also Save Blocks in the game, but they are made redundant since you can save anywhere, any time. Also, the maps are pretty low-res. Meh, it doesn't ruin the game whatsoever.

I'll say this though, the first 3 hours of this game is way better than the entirety of what I've played of Paper Mario: Sticker Star and I can't wait to delve deeper into this game.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

BOOOOOOO, ahh well.

I saw the first 7 minutes. I actually think its a good change of pace. Plus its saves bowser for a better battle

Is this out?!  I need it!!

Its out in Japan and Europe. We have to wait another month in the US

It's not out here until tomorrow, officially.

Luck people who already got their greedy hands on it.

So for those that have it how bad is the length of the tutorials? I'm looking up impressions on Neogaf and it seems to be the biggest problem so far. 

So for those that have it how bad is the length of the tutorials? I'm looking up impressions on Neogaf and it seems to be the biggest problem so far. 

Eh I wouldn't mind it to be honest

Eh I wouldn't mind it to be honest

I can't help but mind it when they stretch on for long periods and there's no option to skip them.

I can't help but mind it when they stretch on for long periods and there's no option to skip them.
You can skip all tutorials.

You can skip all tutorials.

...Seriously? God then why all the whining about it in the first place?! Ugh.

...Seriously? God then why all the whining about it in the first place?! Ugh.

Because people are stupid.

Loving the game so far. It does about an hour or 2 to get going but once it does it's looking to be another great entry in the series. Graphics look nice, combat is great and I'm LOVING the soundtrack so far.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Because people are idiots, Spider. You've been able to skip the tutorials since the first game in the series.

Because people are idiots, Spider. You've been able to skip the tutorials since the first game in the series.

Yeah I know but I had it in my head that they made it so that you couldn't this time around. Figured it was a poor development decision, like how all of Sticker Star was rolleyes.gif

The game does kinda lay on the tutorials tho, it take a good 30 minutes before the first dungeon.