Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

I'll just ask this here, before backing away, fearing the spoilers; since there are players who already have the game, do we know if this game followed the Sticker Star route of not having a story to speak of, or it still keeps the charm of Mario RPGs?

The Iwata asks interview shows that AlphaDream ignored some of Nintendo's suggestions. Plus the plot of the story (of what is known) is steaming with content. I mean the premise that a dream world appears when only Luigi sleeps has a lot to be expanded on.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Iwata asks interview shows that AlphaDream ignored some of Nintendo's suggestions. Plus the plot of the story (of what is known) is steaming with content. I mean the premise that a dream world appears when only Luigi sleeps has a lot to be expanded on.

You know, that just makes me have even less faith in Nintendo. Anything that's different from the norm these days has to be sneaked in or put in despite their wishes it seems. First Rosalina's story in Galaxy 1, and now AlphaDream deliberately ignoring Nintendo's suggestions, which were probably to make the game just about as boring as Sticker Star in terms of plot and characters. If that's what they were I'm glad AlphaDream knew better then that. 

Good on AlphaDream then :)

At least we know that the game will be true to itself rather than be butchered to appease the higher ups at Nintendo (ironic that of all people, Myamotto is the one who pushed for the suggestions for both the re-worked Sticker Star and the blowing gimmick in DKCR). 

You know, that just makes me have even less faith in Nintendo. Anything that's different from the norm these days has to be sneaked in or put in despite their wishes it seems. First Rosalina's story in Galaxy 1, and now AlphaDream deliberately ignoring Nintendo's suggestions, which were probably to make the game just about as boring as Sticker Star in terms of plot and characters. If that's what they were I'm glad AlphaDream knew better then that. 

Having a story in an RPG is different than the norm?

And I'd say Sticker Star was definitely different than the norm.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that Nintendo is trying to have the Mario brand of games be similar to each other to attract more people to the game; Sticker Star's abaondment of its RPG roots is not a bad thing (look at Super Paper Mario, outside of that dam mansion level with the ruby grinding, the game was great :)) and it makes it a good jumping point for new comers to play the Paper series.  That's no excuse for the game being subpar when compared to the great original and TYD, but that must be Nintendo's logic with the game unsure.png

Sticker Star's abaondment of its RPG roots is not a bad thing (look at Super Paper Mario,

I'm looking. And cringing.

Aside from the writing SPM is honestly pretty lame. It wasn't a good RPG, and it wasn't a good platformer.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm looking. And cringing.

Aside from the writing SPM is honestly pretty lame. It wasn't a good RPG, and it wasn't a good platformer.

I mean the series is good for alternate gameplay (that's why I mentioned Super Paper Mario, I thought it was a good game :().  I also point out that Sticker Star was subpar, so I don't get your cringing comment Dio :)

There was potential with the sticker idea if it was tied with the series RPG roots with the stickers stats getting better with more usage or you leveling up for example, but it was a butchered mess with all the elements of a good game, but all applied in the wrong spots or those said elements not being good enough. 

I thought Super Paper Mario was really fun. I wanted an actual RPG, but for what it was, I thought it was fun.

Though, I'D be lying if I said I never wanted a Mario platformer with Paper Mario graphics.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm considering canceling my preorder with GAME UK and instead ordering from GAME Spain...

094365.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm considering canceling my preorder with GAME UK and instead ordering from GAME Spain...

094365.jpg

ALL of my Want ALL OF IT 

That's it I'm booking a flight to Spain pre-ordering the game and then sell it after I obtain this gem. Best buy, Target, Walmart, Gamestop get this in NOW!

Oh man that travel kit looks sweet! A quick Google search suggests that Australia and South Africa are getting that as a pre-order bonus too. Anyone know if any of these places ship worldwide? Because I am pretty tempted right now...!

That shows how cheap the UK really is...they get an entire travel kit, and we get 2 key rings. Yay.

Clever idea really, the game is about dreams so you get a pillow and an eye mask for sleeping :P

Oh man that travel kit looks sweet! A quick Google search suggests that Australia and South Africa are getting that as a pre-order bonus too. Anyone know if any of these places ship worldwide? Because I am pretty tempted right now...!

I believe GAME Spain does, and that should be fine cause the game will include every language.

I believe GAME Spain does, and that should be fine cause the game will include every language.

Are you sure? I just had a look on their site and the only shipping information I can see is for Spain and the Balearic Islands.

Are you sure? I just had a look on their site and the only shipping information I can see is for Spain and the Balearic Islands.

Fairly sure, as I've used them in the past. Things may have changed by now though.

Fairly sure, as I've used them in the past. Things may have changed by now though.

Let us know if you give them a try it works, then! :)

It was weird seeing luigi actually have some dialogue.

My copy should be shipped tomorrow..EUROPE>AMURICA!

I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you

So some people seem to be

getting their panties in a bunch over the final boss being

Bowser and Antasma again.

Phase 1 is Giant Bowser fight

Phase 2 is Antasma

Phase 3 is Bowser & Antasma fused, sorta like Bowletta.

Shit sounds pretty cool imo. Besides who didn't see this coming a mile away? Every final boss in the series has had Bowser involved in one way or another.

I hate NoA so much right now.

*sighhh* guess I'll go....dream about having this game or something..

And you Europeans/Japs better not spoil anything. Even if it doesn't seem like a big thing, most of us Americans would still appreciate it if you didn't spoil say a funny line someone says at the beginning, or a returning cameo, or a plot twist (you know, if you're really stupid).

Where did you order it from? I got a random email from GAME today, not to say that my order was dispatched but instead to simply reaffirm the order (and I already received two emails confirming it when I placed it). 

Where did you order it from? I got a random email from GAME today, not to say that my order was dispatched but instead to simply reaffirm the order (and I already received two emails confirming it when I placed it). 

I ordered from ShopTo. I've ordered from GAME a lot in the past and ShopTo I find is the better one.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer