Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

Same! I KNEW they'd release a 3DS I want more than the one I just bought ;_;

Why's it say 3DS LL though? Luigi Large? Lol

The 3DS XL is known as the 3DS LL in Japan.

Also, look at the top right corner on the back of that 3DS... let's just say, one of these things is not like the others.

It's-a Mario!

In Japan they pronounce Xs like Ls.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really have no strong feelings towards Fawful. In the first game, he had some funny moments, but in Bowsers Inside Story, he felt like he was just there because... "lolfawfullol" and got kind of grating after a while. I wont mind if he makes a cameo like in Partners in time, but I probably wouldn't really be angry if he plays a big role in the story. 

Anyways, Mario and Luigi 4 looks like it's shaping up to be great. I've always wondered what a 3D Mario RPG would look like, and it's nice to see that the sprites aren't going anywhere as well.

The Japanese call the 3DS XL, the 3DS LL.

EDIT: ph34r.png 'd

Edited by KrazyBean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDn5UrdJj-I

I didn't see this anywhere, so I'll post this Gameplay Demo for you all to see.

I haven't played any game in this series, but I am becoming more interested in this title.

I seriously recommend you to try them out. They're really great...and also thanks for the video :)

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ I'm always willing to give any game a chance, so which one of the previous 3 games would you recommend, or simply play all of them?

Edited by canderson

^ I'm always willing to give any game a chance, so which one of the previous 3 games would you recommend, or simply play all of them?

They are all good, you should play all of them. In my opinion, Partners in Time (the 2nd one) is the weakest in the series. It was good, but just not as good as Superstar Saga (the 1st one) and Bowser's Inside Story (the 3rd one).

Superstar Saga is a GBA game by the way, Partners In Time and Bowser's Inside Story are DS games.

Edited by KrazyBean

I would like to see this not only on the 3DS, but also on the Wii U. 

If they put time into developing this game for the Wii U, I feel they can really use all of the Wii U's features to the fullest.

Superstar Saga is a great game, it combines elements of SMRPG and Paper Mario very well while still doing its own thing. I've played it several times over.

Partners in Time is weak but I don't hate it. The linear gameplay and humor don't do it for me here and the babies are just a bad addition, they don't add as much depth to the game as you'd think.

I loved Bowser's Inside Story at first but over time it has become one of my least liked, or least remembered Mario RPGs. It's better than Partners in Time but something about it just doesn't really have that timeless factor that most of the other RPGs have for me. I don't like Fawful, Bowser rubs me the wrong way, and I didn't like that most of the M&L gameplay takes place inside of Bowser. In any case I haven't really had an urge to replay the entire thing ever since I initially beat it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I am like you canderson I've never played a game in the series but this looks to be amazing. Can't wait

Superstar Saga is a great game, it combines elements of SMRPG and Paper Mario very well while still doing its own thing. I've played it several times over.

Partners in Time is weak but I don't hate it. The linear gameplay and humor don't do it for me here and the babies are just a bad addition, they don't add as much depth to the game as you'd think.

I loved Bowser's Inside Story at first but over time it has become one of my least liked, or least remembered Mario RPGs. It's better than Partners in Time but something about it just doesn't really have that timeless factor that most of the other RPGs have for me. I don't like Fawful, Bowser rubs me the wrong way, and I didn't like that most of the M&L gameplay takes place inside of Bowser. In any case I haven't really had an urge to replay the entire thing ever since I initially beat it.

Personally I consider Inside Story to be the best of the three games, but I can kinda get why it'd be a bit forgettable. Theres so many of the gimmicky 'power Bowser up' mini games interspliced throughout that you can forget the inbetween stuff. Still I thought the actual battle mechanics were at their best, with the added "Excellent"s you could get, plus Bowser's gameplay in general was a welcomed change up. Plus the game had the best bros moves easily!

Superstars good too, but I always end up feeling like the game stretches on a bit too long for it's own good, almost to the point of padding (case in point, the Koopalings at the end). I replay PiT recently too, and any love I once had for that game has faded away. I just find it really dull now, and the bosses have far more health than they really should, not to mention the Shroobs were rather lame villians in the long run (rather devoid of personality).

About this game though, I'm really liking the looks of the Bros moves. I like the new perspective shift, as though "running up" to the enemies. Also looks like they changed up how the shell and fire flower works, hopefully its an improvement

• Thumbs Up 3

Another video. This one is pretty lengthy.

Enjoy.

At least this video has BATTLES.

Edited by KrazyBean

Personally I consider Inside Story to be the best of the three games, but I can kinda get why it'd be a bit forgettable. Theres so many of the gimmicky 'power Bowser up' mini games interspliced throughout that you can forget the inbetween stuff. Still I thought the actual battle mechanics were at their best, with the added "Excellent"s you could get, plus Bowser's gameplay in general was a welcomed change up. Plus the game had the best bros moves easily!

Superstars good too, but I always end up feeling like the game stretches on a bit too long for it's own good, almost to the point of padding (case in point, the Koopalings at the end). I replay PiT recently too, and any love I once had for that game has faded away. I just find it really dull now, and the bosses have far more health than they really should, not to mention the Shroobs were rather lame villians in the long run (rather devoid of personality).

About this game though, I'm really liking the looks of the Bros moves. I like the new perspective shift, as though "running up" to the enemies. Also looks like they changed up how the shell and fire flower works, hopefully its an improvement

ya know I just got PiT awhile ago (couple of days back) and I really don't get the whole bosses have too much health complaint, most of them have gone down pretty easily so far (just got past petey pirahna) but maybe that's since I give my character's a good amount of power.

The U.S. version and the Japanese/European versions of Partners In Time had different enemy stats, with I gather a trend towards the U.S. version giving bosses a lot more health.  Apparently the U.S. version came out first, so I guess they took the time before the Japanese and European releases to rebalance the game.

I replayed Partners in Time recently and to be honest, I didn't really notice the larger health bars as much on my second playthrough compared to my first. (And this was coming off of a playthrough of Superstar Saga.) As long as you keep your stats balanced, grind a bit, and stock up on plenty of Bros. Items, they're really not much trouble.

I replayed Partners in Time recently and to be honest, I didn't really notice the larger health bars as much on my second playthrough compared to my first. (And this was coming off of a playthrough of Superstar Saga.) As long as you keep your stats balanced, grind a bit, and stock up on plenty of Bros. Items, they're really not much trouble.

yeah, the number one thing for some of them is to wait for there weakness's to be exposed and then, if you can, use trampoline or one of the other strong bro items to get the most damage out.

Welp, I'm convinced. The humor's still here, the awesome gameplay and art is still here... All we need to see now is story... That isn't in... what language is this, again?

As for the main theme... I'm... kind of... love-or-hate-y. I mean, it's still rather close to the music style of the first 3... but I don't think orchestral is really the direction they should take. I mean, the overworld (or underworld) theme I heard is good (for how little of it I've heard) but the battle theme... doesn't really get me. The previous 3's battle themes were anything /but/ orchestral, technical limitations aside. (read: Sonic Colors DS) Heck, I'd prefer accordion+DnB+synths for it... (EDIT 2: Okay, liking the Dream Battle theme much more than the normal battle theme.)

Really, in a nutshell, I was expecting them to use a bit more synthesized sounds, like the underworld theme. (I'm pretty sure those percussion are from a synthesizer or something... doesn't sound that realistic to me.)

...Then again, considering that they used the Roland Fantom G8 for NSMBU... I'm... kinda glad they didn't.

...They /have/ a Korg Triton, right?

EDIT: Okay, I'm liking the dreamland theme too. That's the direction I expected them to take.

Finally, I'm very interested in the direction they took for the dream battles. Luigi integrated into Mario... that's pretty unique!

Edited by Hedgehog Wright (CoN)

• 1 month later...

mario_and_luigi_dream_team_jp_box_art_by

Japanese boxart

Hm, I presume that slasher-smiling bat thing flying over Mario is the main villain?

mario_and_luigi_dream_team_jp_box_art_by

Japanese boxart

That bat's mouth...

300px-Cackletta.png

And now my mind will not accept anything less than Dream Cackletta for the final boss. Damn.

I really wish they'd come up with more interesting looking boxart for the Japanese M&L games. I loved the colorful montages of the first two games, so I was a tad disappointed that they didn't bother with Bowser's Inside Story.

• Thumbs Up 4

That bat's mouth...

300px-Cackletta.png

And now my mind will not accept anything less than Dream Cackletta for the final boss. Damn.

Hm, with this in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the whole "going into Luigi's dreams" deal to bring back some past enemies as (at least) post-game challenges. I certainly wouldn't mind it if they did something like that.