Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

Yep...I'm gonna avoid clicking this video like the plague.

You can listen to it, just avoid the comments.

Yeah, I'm holding off hearing the music until I reach the boss, too.

This game is great so far! Only thing I'm not too keen on so far are the amount of tutorials (no, they're not all skippable). I wish there was a 'M&L series veteran' option or something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You can listen to it, just avoid the comments.

Isn't music a massive spoiler just like everything else? I remember playing Generations for the first time and hearing some of those remixes not know what to expect. That stuff's amazing I tell ya.

Isn't music a massive spoiler just like everything else? I remember playing Generations for the first time and hearing some of those remixes not know what to expect. That stuff's amazing I tell ya.

Well it depends on what you don't want spoiled; I was speaking mostly plot.

Oh my god

T-the final boss music....

It-....*sniff*

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

God bless Yoko

• 2 weeks later...

3SoaB9q.png

So fucking hyped right now.
Seller lives like 3 hours away from me, so should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday Edited by Nintendoga

Oh my god

T-the final boss music....

It-....*sniff*

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

tumblr_mcg4b4kJCU1r6r6fdo2_250_zpsfe703d

Fucking gorgeous. I've got the biggest ear boner right now.

Though BiS still beats it. By a hair :V

• Thumbs Up 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOk5WQ-Ji4 

Beautiful, Nintendo. Beautiful.

It's also tied into a contest to win a 3DS XL and a copy of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, so that's great too.

• Thumbs Up 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOk5WQ-Ji4 

Beautiful, Nintendo. Beautiful.

It's also tied into a contest to win a 3DS XL and a copy of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, so that's great too.

The Wii U needs more adverts like this...a lot more.

The Wii U needs more adverts like this...a lot more.

Goes to show that Nintendo is given a lot of focus on the handheld. Even places like Disney Channel are only advertising 3DS games. 

Goes to show that Nintendo is given a lot of focus on the handheld. Even places like Disney Channel are only advertising 3DS games. 

I have yet to see a Wii U advert on TV...they really need to step it up. The last Wii U advert I saw was for LEGO City Undercover and I only saw that once. If I wasn't a regular gamer I would not know about this console AT ALL (this is happening with the casuals anyway). Hell, I haven't seen a Pikmin 3 advert yet...maybe I'm not watching enough TV or something.

The 3DS is in a good position, and when Pokemon X and Y are out it would kill everything...so.

Edited by KrazyBean

I have yet to see a Wii U advert on TV...they really need to step it up. The last Wii U advert I saw was for LEGO City Undercover and I only saw that once. If I wasn't a regular gamer I would not know about this console AT ALL (this is happening with the casuals anyway). Hell, I haven't seen a Pikmin 3 advert yet...maybe I'm not watching enough TV or something.

The 3DS is in a good position, and when Pokemon X and Y are out it would kill everything...so.

I haven't seen an ad for Pikmin 3 here in the states either. and your right Lego City was the last one I saw.

I've been playing the game for a few days now; I think I'm maybe two-thirds of the way through?  Three-quarters?  (There are various in-game lists of stuff that I'm judging the length of the game from.)  I'm enjoying it; it's really good.  It's no Superstar Saga, but then again nothing is.  Without spoiling anything, though, I'd say my one reservation is that the plot lacks urgency.  An awful lot of the threats you face seem to have nothing to do with the game's villain, and you'd have run into them anyway even if nothing sinister was going on.  Still, it will be all worth it if they pull off "that twist" that I'm anticipating.

Just pre-ordered my copy! Next week can't get here soon enough! smile.png

Edited by CC14 the Wondercolt

Demo launched out here in NA, so if you're still not too sure about buying this.

Has 12 uses, 1,000 blocks.

5 hours in, and this is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL game.

Between this and Superstar Saga, I'll be set for a while.

That said, I did think the game started a bit too slow. I only got my first Bros. Move 2 1/2 hours in. Art is beautiful, music is eargasmic, gameplay is as polished as ever.

5 hours in, and this is a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL game.

Between this and Superstar Saga, I'll be set for a while.

That said, I did think the game started a bit too slow. I only got my first Bros. Move 2 1/2 hours in. Art is beautiful, music is eargasmic, gameplay is as polished as ever.

This game is really long too. I'm 25 hours in and I think that I'm a little over halfway into the game.

OP needs to rename this topic Mario & Luigi Dream Tutorial cause god damn, you guys weren't kidding about the non-stop tutorials. I understand helping newcomers into the series, but explaining to me that if I hit an enemy it will get hurt, is just too much.

Dream Team certainly doesn't think highly of you. I wish there was a veteran option so people used to the series could just skip the useless tutorials and get into the game.

I'm 4 hours in and

just beat Antasma and Bowser for the first time. Almost came close to dying a couple of times too.

The game's fun aside from the nonsense with the tutorials. Battles are more dynamic, and the Dream World sections are well done, a big improvement over the dull 2D sections from Bowser's Inside Story. Music's the best part of the game though. They've really outdone themselves with the OST.

It feels more like the first Mario & Luigi, being in a different kingdom, not having the babies or Bowser, just good ol' Mario & Luigi. Cool.

I hate Starlow though. I don't remember her being this bitchy in BiS. If you're not Mario or Peach she'll practically lash out you for the smallest things. I understand why she's in the game but I wish Prince Shroombert was took her place in the real world. He's much more likeable compared to her.

I know that I've said this like 1,000 times in this thread but I never really had any experience with the Mario and Luigi series other than playing a few hours of my cousin's Superstar saga game. But I am loving this game. Yeah the tutorial bit is kind of long, and I know its to cater to new comers like myself. But I've dabbled a little in other RPGs so not a lot was needed. I had some trouble with the timing of attacks at first and then when Luigi came into play as well. Something that vets might know. what is the lucky and stache thing do? I know that they are linked  with the stache being a stat. Also I want to add that the boss music is amazing. And I kind of spoiled myself on youtube with the giant boss music. I'm still going to avoid being spoiled on the story though.  There are something that I can't grasp. Like  that French block from BIS I believe, What role did he play in that game? cuz he knows Mario & Luigi and stuff.

Stache (in the other games, at least) increased chances of lucky hits and gave you better chances at winning the scratch cards in BiS. And the French Block dude (Monsieur Broque) wasn't a huge player in BiS, he ran shops Bowser could buy stuff from, had a sidequest Bowser could do and he introduced some key concepts in tutorials. Otherwise he was mainly just a comic relief character that rarely showed up.

Just got this game today. Only like 30 minutes into it and it's already amazing. <3 Can't wait to actually get into the meat of the gameplay/story.

Edited by Nuggets

In Dream Team, stache is basically the "luck" skill you find in most other RPGs. The higher it is, the higher your chance of scoring a critical, or Lucky (as the game calls it), hit. In earlier games, it did that but also had an effect on discounts from shops.