Awoo.

Mario & Luigi 4 (Dream Team)!

SIXTH-RATE SOMA

Hmm, so maybe the villain of the game hides itself or some McGuffin in Luigi's dreams, and Luigi has to go and dream in certain specific magical places?

I'll miss the sprites too, but they've done a good job in making the 3D graphics look as close to it as possible.  It's definitely in the same spirit.

I just hope that they don't take the same road of Sticker Star. I love the Mario & Luigi series not only for the gameplay, but also, and especially, for the writing and story, things that the new Paper Mario seems to have forgotten.

I'm crossing my fingers right now.

Now I have no reason to care for Paper Mario: Sticker Star...that game was boring me if I'm honest.

HELL YES! Pokemon X & Y, and now this? Lovely.

Edited by KrazyBean

Goodbye story.

sad.png

Don't say these things. I want to believe that there is still hope for a good Mario RPG after that mighty letdown known as Sticker Star.

Edited by Nald From Never Lake

Goodbye story.

:(

Oh you and your Sticker Star salt always bringing people down. Suck it up, play some TYD :D Edited by Balding Spider

NuUuUuUuUu!!! Not the glorious pixel art!! Come baaack ;A; D'aw I loved the charming new sprite syles they came up with....oh well :.C

Well the game looks like it has potential, and objectively speaking this series has been consistently awesome. Don't screw this up, Ninty.

(Also is Sticker Star the 06 of the Paper series or something? Hm.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Goodbye story.

sad.png

Now now, there's no need to worry. Miyamoto was nowhere near this announcement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Paper Mario Sticker Star had little story was because people said they didn't enjoy the story of Super Paper Mario in Club Nintendo surveys.

There's really no reason to believe this series should be affected. Nothing to get riled about. 

I was doubtful when I heard it was 3D because I figured that either the graphics or the artstyle would have to suffer in order to accommodate for the 3D transition. But thankfully those fears have been put to rest. The game looks pretty good in motion, and if I'm not mistaken, it looks like we are  in another kingdom again. 

Buuuuuuuuuuut there are some things I don't like.

Like the 2D Platforming. I didn't like it in BiS, and found it to be more of a drag rather then anything else, so I hope Alpha steps up their game. It looks okay so far.

And I'm a bit confused on how Luigi will act in terms of battle. Is it just Mario who's in battle this time around, and Luigi only comes out when you're doing a special attack? Eh, I would've preferred it if Luigi was there just like the other games.

So we got no villain right now...

Dreamworld... huh...

...Wart returns?

(a guy can dream, alright?)

I'd rather we have a new villan, but I'd love a Wart boss battle or cameo.

And since this is Luigi's dreams, I wonder how Mario's gonna react to when he sees the (inevitable) dream about Luigi living in his brother's shadow.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I will definitely be checking this out...I kept waiting and waiting and waiting to check out Bowser's Inside Story, and then I forgot about it...I should definitely hunt that one down someplace...This game looks really cool and looks to make up for Sticker Star not living up to the "Mario RPG" brand.

• Thumbs Up 1

I figured it was about time for a new Mario and Luigi game to be announced. After a string of mediocre Paper Mario games, it'll be great to have Alpha Dream remind Intelligent Systems how a great Mario RPG is done. And it's coming out this summer!

And I'm a bit confused on how Luigi will act in terms of battle. Is it just Mario who's in battle this time around, and Luigi only comes out when you're doing a special attack? Eh, I would've preferred it if Luigi was there just like the other games.

It looks like over-world sections will have the normal style of gameplay, a la Inside Story.

I'm gonna miss the spritework, tho'. The series had some damn good pixel art.

Yeah man. Superstar Saga sprites were good. Partners in Time improved them 10 fold. Bowser's inside story sort of used the same sprites from PiT, but you could tell they were improved, especially the battle sprites. I do like that they're stepping up the sprite design for this new installment.

I'm not too deep on the sprites though, it's more about the story and humor that I find attractive with these M&L games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've only played the second Mario and Luigi, and I loved it to bits. I don't really like the shift to 3D models as of now, as I vastly preferred the spritework, but anyway, a game with a Luigi focus? Count me in :D.

Whoa, I was not expecting them to make another M&L game, at least not so soon after Sticker Star.

This is great news. I'm not really as big into M&L as I am into PM (I didn't like M&L3 as much as everyone else does), but more Mario RPGs can only be a good thing. Definitely looking forward to this.

• Thumbs Up 2

My 3ds is happy again, paper mario sticker star was a bad investment since I was at least expecting something similar to bis.

Mario and Luigi: Inception style? I'm okay with this. 

Can't wait to see more of it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Paper Mario Sticker Star had little story was because people said they didn't enjoy the story of Super Paper Mario in Club Nintendo surveys.

There's really no reason to believe this series should be affected. Nothing to get riled about. 

Really? I hear nothing but praise for that story. Huh...

I personally didn't like the game's story... The Romeo and Juliet style backstory just felt forced IMO. Doesn't mean I don't want good stories in Paper mario games, I mean, PM:TYD had a story for each chapter, and all of them had great moments, which is one of the things I loved about that game.

From what it looks like, this Mario and Luigi game looks to have more of a story than Sticker Star did.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac