My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Guess who joined the herd

1.JPG

So much irony

I've said it before and I'll say it again... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. :D

I'm currently working on a sequel to this video I made:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EkiHlPQ9ro

Here's what I'm planning, and I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

The intro will have new clips, and will now last half the time. (Unless you like the idea of watching Twilight do stuff with the theme playing for a whole minute. biggrin.png)

The video will have all the moments in A Canterlot Wedding I think show Twilight being the wonderful and awesome character we know and love, which is most of part 1 and a bit of part 2. It will also have several moments along Season 2 that were not in the first video, and her "cupcake in the eye" moment from Season 1.

The whole video lasts around 14 minutes, while the first one is 16 minutes long. Would you watch it with that length, or would you be less intimidated and more leaned towards watching it if I split it in half?

Your opinions are appreciated. smile.png

And, any thoughts you'd like to share about the first video?

Edited by True Blue

Ok now this is just a low blow

579553_426443447386616_1294919646_n.jpg

-_- Awww that's just cruel Poor Applejack...ahh Derpy's in the back wonder if she had anything to do with it?tongue.png

I feel like the answer should be obvious but can anyone tell me what the fanfic descriptor "shipping" means? I'm sorry, I just can't think of what it means!

Also, Derpy toy confirmed!

http://www.equestria...-usa-today.html

Shipping refers to stories about the romantic relationships between characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shipping refers to stories about the romantic relationships between characters.

Okay, gotcha.

why is it called 'shipping' though?

9e9.gif

Can this not be a Comic-Con exclusive thing though?

According to EqD comments the comic con exclusive ponies end up being sold at Hasbro's website once the convention is over, so even if you don't attend you can still grab one of these.

I'm actually considering getting one, wonder how much will it cost to send me one to Argentina - Middle of nowhere (no city in a 50 kilometer radius)?

EDIT:

Okay, gotcha.

I believe it comes from the term "ship" which is short for "relationship"

Not sure if the people who brought up the term knew some fans would be playing Battleship at some point in the future. mellow.png

EDIT 2:

VEDJ presents a crazy yet plausible (considering the internet) opinion...

70823+-+ask_twilight_sparkle+knife+twilight_sparkle.jpg

This merits some research...

EDIT3:

TV Tropes to the rescue!!!

Edited by gato

Okay, gotcha.

I think it originated in Pokemon. A bunch of anime Pokemon fans liked to pair Jesse and James together, so they called it the Rocketship as a play on words. It escalated from there.

At least, that's what I've heard of the origin of the term. Feel free to correct me if I've fucked up.

Ok now this is just a low blow

579553_426443447386616_1294919646_n.jpg

That totally made me laugh.

Applejack_Corrupted.png

tongue.png

Jeezus........

Is that Derpy toy in limited quantities? I don't care, I will go to the 4 corners of the earth for one! :D you have no idea how happy this makes me! :D

Jeezus........

Is that Derpy toy in limited quantities? I don't care, I will go to the 4 corners of the earth for one! biggrin.png you have no idea how happy this makes me!

You see that's what bugs me. I really really want one, but I'm always late to the party in a manner of speaking and I probably won't be able to get one because of such.

I might just kill for ono... Did I mention I wanted one really bad?

I think it originated in Pokemon. A bunch of anime Pokemon fans liked to pair Jesse and James together, so they called it the Rocketship as a play on words. It escalated from there.

At least, that's what I've heard of the origin of the term. Feel free to correct me if I've fucked up.

It actually originates from the X-Files fandom. "Shippers" were people who wanted to see Mulder and Scully hook up, and "Noromos" were people who didn't.

Pokémon probably popularized the term, though.

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of shipping, this article just popped up on EqD. Sort of a fandom study.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-dhx-you-know-what-to-do.jpg

She didn't even get to sing this time, nevermind her own song. It's terrible.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, the fact that the Derpy toy has no name on the box just reminds me of how silly I think this Derpy controversy is, considering, well...

[media=]

This. :U I think this is way more offensive, yet I don't remember a huge fuss about it. ...but I was also really tiny when this episode aired originally.

That being said, it's cool to see that they made a toy of her! That's a pretty huge feat, given that the fanbase basically crated her in a sense.

Edited by Mega
  • Thumbs Up 5