Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Some images relative to my interests:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-omgtoys.gif

My gosh Big Mac. Well he does love toys.

tumblr_lw9swqeTuk1qgtlo4.gif

tumblr_lw9swyoMLj1qgtlo4.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Some images relative to my interests:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-one-rainbow-to-rule-them-all1.jpg

Is Queen Chrysalis really an Alicorn though? It looks to me like all Changelings have wings and horns. Clearly she's the most powerful but how powerful is she had she not absorbed Cadence and SA's love? She seemed surprised that she was actually able to overpower Celestia...just what are those things anyways? They look pretty insectlike...

You know, the fact that the Derpy toy has no name on the box just reminds me of how silly I think this Derpy controversy is, considering, well...

[media=]

This. :U I think this is way more offensive, yet I don't remember a huge fuss about it. ...but I was also really tiny when this episode aired originally.

That being said, it's cool to see that they made a toy of her! That's a pretty huge feat, given that the fanbase basically crated her in a sense.

Different generation of moms nowadays. The Soccer Mom personality seems to be in these days and Bunny is BLATANTLY retarded. I am so happy to see a real official Derpy toy that actually looks really good too...I will get it one way or another

Also, fake and gaben but imagine if this monstrosity were true xD

538695_417780884919539_1797244011_n.jpg

(I think it would make more sense to have Ellen Degeneres as RD for obvious reasons but whatever)

She didn't even get to sing this time, nevermind her own song. It's terrible.

There is a ray of hope this coming season.

Also, fake and gaben but imagine if this monstrosity were true xD

My Little Pony Tales 2012

• Thumbs Up 1

Slow poking hard here.

I just finished Season 2. It was fun. Didn't have the same charm as the first season, but it was good, I'd watch it again sometime. My only complaint is it seemed to be catering to one side of the fanbase and not the other. The last episode was great though. Felt like a Disney movie and it was a good way to end the season.

Trixie never came back >

:(

I'm not really up to scratch with everything going on in this thread, been out of synch with the fandom lately.

So apologies if this post seems out of place.

Just dropped in once more to give my thoughts on this season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Slow poking hard here.

I just finished Season 2. It was fun. Didn't have the same charm as the first season, but it was good, I'd watch it again sometime. My only complaint is it seemed to be catering to one side of the fanbase and not the other. The last episode was great though. Felt like a Disney movie and it was a good way to end the season.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes I feel like an outcast when I say I preferred Season 2 way more than Season 1.

• Thumbs Up 7

I watched only half of season 2 and before Tornado bitch slaps me, I have a good reason. I kind of enjoy the fan work that the franchise inspires in its fandom than the actual show. I mean c'mon? Epic Pie Time is the greastest thing ever. These fans literally created a sub-division within the show that is really entertaining. Maybe I will watch the show again, but right now, I am enjoying the Vinyl Scratch Tapes, askOctavia, and Princess Molestia.

• Thumbs Up 4

I watched only half of season 2 and before Tornado bitch slaps me, I have a good reason. I kind of enjoy the fan work that the franchise inspires in its fandom than the actual show. I mean c'mon? Epic Pie Time is the greastest thing ever. These fans literally created a sub-division within the show that is really entertaining. Maybe I will watch the show again, but right now, I am enjoying the Vinyl Scratch Tapes, askOctavia, and Princess Molestia.

Speaking of which, it's time for another edition of...

B2vwm.png

Episode 4: "Curious" is a nice way of putting it

I've been kind of busy this week, between my recent escapades into Skype and trying to get my nephew into Phantasy Star Online (decision that I regret since I forgot the kind of things people like to spam there, now I have to keep a watch on him whenever he wants to play) I didn't have much time to look for music (nor read fanfics, next weeks FFT might be a short one), luckily, I kind of planned a bit ahead what and who would I post about...

Today I'm going to present you a (pretend) concert, a most unique performance of the likes I don't have memory of (even IRL, they probably happen, but I don't know about them), so get comfortable, get some beverages if you want and enjoy this presentation, from Yourenigma.

01 )

*a pony begins playing the piano*

An incredible rearrangement of the main theme if I must say so, the way this guy plays makes something as happy as the main theme into something that really pulls my heartstrings, and you guys better get ready because there are more of this amazing arrangements today...

02 )

And here is a piano representation of "Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading" with some little liberties here and there, the idea behind this piece was to represent the adventures of the CMC while they try to search for their marks (and the usual result of such actions) and I think it succeeds at delivering the message, I feel some parts seem to be cut rather abruptly, but the rest of the song is great.

03 )

Words can't describe how much I love this piece, one of my all time favorites and one I remember posting here at least 2 times...

We basically get into Twi's mind during Lesson Zero, the melody is an amazingly well extended version of that little piano piece you hear when Celestia assign the mane 6 her new mission to report her about the magic of friendship (with no established deadlines), which is actually the Jimmy Hart's version of The King's Speech.

The only reason I'm not media tagging this one is because I think I already posted it way too many times. tongue.png

04 )

Continuing with the pony piano madness theme, this one deals with Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom.

There seems to be bits of Jurassic Park's theme here too, see if you can catch them (I personally can't remember the theme of that movie :V)

05 )

*a group of string players join*

We get into what I would like to call the second segment of this list, an interesting mix of the Parasprite Polka, I really love the ending... Almost makes me feel good for the poor guy who had to play the rest of the song.

06 )

This is beautiful Past Sins inspired piece, I have little else to say about this one other than it makes a wonderful job at getting the mood of certain parts of the story (the author said he wanted to do something similar to what "Reading Rainbow" does, I never saw that thing/block/show so you guys be the judges of this for me)

07 )

*wind instrument players join*

HORY SHET! That's a long name!

Our performance continues with 2 pieces for the price of one, the first one is an amazing song interpreting Luna's inner thoughts and eagerness (for finally redeeming in front of her ponies) before her appearance in Nightmare Night...

The Second piece is a more local experience for us, centering in Twilight's frustration about nopony recognizing her costume though I see it more as an ambiance track for the whole first part of the episode (before Luna arrives to the festival).

08 )

Yet another amazing orchestration, Giggle at the Ghosties has never sounded so epic as in this piece, and a breathtaking finale to the second part of this list (going back to the first part of track 07 and the MLP main theme).

09 )

*A DJ? Yes, a DJ joins the group*

We begin the third segment of this playlist, we have a 1 minute long intro that remind us of the this is a classical pieces that were played before, but after that... We get jazzy!

181193%20-%20celestia%20luna%20smooth_jazz.jpg

IT'S SO SMOOTH I CAN'T TAKE IT!

One of my favorite remixes in the fandom and another piece I didn't tag because I've already fangasmed too much about it. tongue.png

10 )

*a Jazz band joins*

We continue with yet another piece that makes me eargasm, a big chunk of the song sounds like your typical detective theme but after 1:28 it becomes a whole different beast (especially when the drums start), and it's awesome, then it goes back to the previous style for the ending.

11 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUEFsH68TKo

I'm not sure if it was the author's intention but I like to put this one as an intro to the next track. :v

12 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhybOpEaxk

AKA, how to make awesome tunes out of train's click-claks.

Gotta love how he dedicates a little time to each instrument here.

13 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqiRsxLZkbc

*a choir joins in the background*

I almost decide to close with this one (remember the double track no.07?), because it uses pretty much all the members of the pretend band I've been presenting in this list.

And if that alone isn't enough incentive to give this one a listen, as the name implies this one is Photo Finish related, and it has her theme playing in the background (I wouldn't call this a remix of the theme though)

Also, MAGICKS!

14 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzYGAtWboI

*Chorus takes center stage*

Truth to be told I didn't know where to put this one, but I love it so much and it's so epic that I decided to leave it as the closing piece to this amazing pretend concert we just had.

And I think from 1:50 onward this is one of the best ways I could have closed this post... It's just... beautiful... Now, if I could understand what are they singing... X_x

And it's like this that we conclude another episode of "The Playlist", classy as all fuck... I only regret 2 things about this one, first is that IIRC correctly all of Yourenigma's stuff was posted in EqD, so I didn't have anything obscure to share with you.

The other thing is that I frankly have no idea how I'm going to top this one. >_>

Hope to see ya again next Thursday, when I'll post Episode 5: He Makes Pony Music.

Edited by gato

I loved all Season 1 episodes.

Season 2 had 10 meh episodes after my opinion, but I think some episodes outdid Season 1.

And the fanwork is just as great as the show, also I don't care for PMV and HiE.

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually got a kick out of the whole "catering to the fans" thing (although I felt many blew it out of proportion). It's very rare that I get involved with anything that I can get involved in the "in-jokes" of something with the fanbase, especially to the level that this show can create. And I find that makes an already great show that much more enjoyable. And I have yet to find an example of "catering to the fans" that did any legitimate damage to the show (unless you count the whole Derpy fiasco).

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think season 1 did have more consistently good episodes with just one meh one, whereas season 2 had more amazing episodes with a few meh or bad episodes so I guess it balances out. I hope season 3 has more consistently amazing ones

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, Pinkie you silly. That's not how you play with fire.

creation_of_fire_by_soapie_solar-d51ipdg.jpg

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 1

I enjoyed both seasons.

Season 1 will always be special to me. It's the first one, I was already enjoying it from the start, watched it entirely in a week, it has such moments as the Sonic Rainboom, Winter Wrap Up, Art of the Dress, Pinkie Pie Promise, Pinkie's randomness, Look Before You Sleep (as a whole it's a very entertaining episode), Feeling Pinkie Keen, humorous moments such as the ones in The Ticket Master and FPK, The Cutie Mark Freakin' Chronicles, the continuity shown in Sonic Rainboom and in the Grand Galloping Gala episodes, and too much to mention entirely.

Season 2 has some really cool moments, such as the finale, for starters (woah, to ironic there?), Rainbow acting like a brony and being totally adorable at the same time, songs such as Becoming Popular, Smile, Find a Pet and Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Discord, Derpy speaking, Wildfire made canon... Moments which make it impossible not to be considered as just as worthy of a season as the first one.

I think Season 2 also had overall better songs

21aio7t.png

Seriously? They call that scene a clear brony shoutout? xD

Also

224966_427649337266027_430289254_n.jpg

Edited by Prince Solaris

My my. What do we have here?

my_little_pony_sitting_trixie_plushie_by_whiteheather-d51lzeq.png

Linky.

The best chair.

Wait. I'm forgetting something.

Oh yeah.

I watched only half of season 2

And%2520Then%2520Applejack%2520Was%2520Batman.PNG

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

Oh, Pinkie you silly. That's not how you play with fire.

creation_of_fire_by_soapie_solar-d51ipdg.jpg

Silly Pinkie, that's not how you firebend!

RE: that "season 3" image on the last page...Ellen Degeneres as Pinkie Pie? I'd be okay with that, honestly. >.> <.<

Why has this not been posted yet?

I don't know, but I love you for posting it. xD

Comparing seasons, I think I like Season 2 more overall, but S1 had some gems. Not to mention, I don't know if any moment in the show will EVER top the first Sonic Rainboom (well, the first on-screen one) in giving me chills. Every single time.

[media=]

Edited by ElementofChaos7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh man... they made a Spike version:

In related news... Spike is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1