Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Random Thought:

If any pony ever became Twilight's coltfriend, he's gonna have to really toe the line, because if he doesn't he faces:

1) Her friends, which compose of a super strong Earth Pony, An Earth Pony who weaponized partying (PARTY CANNON), a living Rainbow Nuke, A pegasus who can tame even the roughest of animals, a drama queen who can kick ass, and a dragon (well okay, he is a kid dragon, but still...). Oh, and they can make him Taste the Rainbow with the Elements of Harmony.

2) Her brother, who is the captain of the royal guard, and his wife, who was Twilight's foalsitter and they can nuke him with the Power of Love.

3) Her mentor, who controls the Sun and can easily neutralize most forms of powerful magic (See "Lesson Zero") and her sister, who was once the antagonist of Season 1s pilot and can control the Night.

4) Twilight herself. She is the Element of Magic, and is a supremely powerful spellcaster who could defeat an Ursa Minor without resorting to direct combat.

That's my random thought for today! Did I miss any details?

• Thumbs Up 4

Why thank you everyone for that amazing welcome! That just about made my day!

You know what? I think it's time to change my avatar to something a little more... fitting.

EDIT: There we go!

Edited by Grimchi3f
  • Thumbs Up 8

Now that I got that out of the way: hello everypony! I'm a newly converted brony! By new, I mean 3 weeks old(in fact, I started watching the show at just about the same time as I'm making this post exactly 3 weeks ago!). This show is absotively posilutely amazing. I love just about everything about this show! It's my favorite TV show. I've actually added this to my list of "obsessions" to make something I'd like to call "My Obsession Triad" which includes Sonic The Hedgehog, Michael Jackson, and now MLP: FiM! In the immortal word of Fluttershy: "Yay!" Also, Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony and I think Derpy is the most adorable (c'mon, those eyes are endearing!).

Welcome to the fandom, Grimchi3f. smile.png

You sure caught up with the show really fast.

Yeah, it became my favorite TV show as well. At least in the animation realm.

I hope you give Twilight Sparkle a chance. wink.png

Edited by True Blue

I hope you give Twilight Sparkle a chance. wink.png

Well, when I become obsessed with something, I do anything and everything that involves the thing I'm obsessed with, even if it's to my detriment. In fact, I finished the first season within the first day of me watching the show! Same kind of thing happened with Michael Jackson.

Oh, and don't worry. I think Twilight is great! Probably my fourth favorite pony.

Edited by Grimchi3f
  • Thumbs Up 2

And now, I present to you all, egophiliac's Magnum Opus (ego's words, not mine...although I do agree):

commission___treasure_hunter_club_by_egophiliac-d51gr3m.png

Linky

I'm going to leave this here.

http://www.wired.com...nse-of-bronies/

And btw, I agree with this article.

I do have to wonder, what's the history between this fandom and Wired? They've written a few articles about the show and/or the fandom. It's not a bad thing, I'm just curious if there's a reason they have such an interest.

Edited by ElementofChaos7

I'm going to do it. I'm finally going to finish Season 2 of FiM

I was pretty jaded on it because of the fanbase and how Season 2 seemed to pander towards bronies more, due to the writing.

Which kinda threw me off.

But hey. It deserves a second chance and you guys aren't really all that bad.

You're all lovely people (except the loud obnoxious side) and I hope after I've seen the episodes I've missed out on I can contribute to this thread <3

• Thumbs Up 3

And now, it's time for some deep thoughts... By Tara Strong:

192033%20-%20brony_queen%20meta%20Tara_Strong%20word_of_strong.png

190629%20-%20dream%20Tara_Strong%20Twitter%20word_of_strong.png

190839%20-%20brony_queen%20Tara_Strong%20twilight_sparkle%20Twitter%20word_of_strong.png

Speaking of this enlightened being, last night the guys at Bronycon had a Livestream with her, John de Lancie and Lauren Faust, mostly to speak about the incoming documentary and to announce her presence at the convention.

If you are part of the ones who missed it, you can

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ah, what a lovely fanbase. Our queen talks about butts and our king signs blue penises on fanart.

I'm going to do it. I'm finally going to finish Season 2 of FiM

I was pretty jaded on it because of the fanbase and how Season 2 seemed to pander towards bronies more, due to the writing.

Which kinda threw me off.

But hey. It deserves a second chance and you guys aren't really all that bad.

You're all lovely people (except the loud obnoxious side) and I hope after I've seen the episodes I've missed out on I can contribute to this thread <3

Well, thank you. <3 Hope you enjoy the rest of season two.

Welcome!

And my TV show favorite too

First person to re-dub Destiny's Child's Bootylicious and rename it Plottylicious with animated characters gets a cider.

Watching Season 2 now...Trixie isn't going to come back is she?

No no don't tell me!

My queen will return to me in this season.

Random Thought:

If any pony ever became Twilight's coltfriend, he's gonna have to really toe the line, because if he doesn't he faces:

1) Her friends, which compose of a super strong Earth Pony, An Earth Pony who weaponized partying (PARTY CANNON), a living Rainbow Nuke, A pegasus who can tame even the roughest of animals, a drama queen who can kick ass, and a dragon (well okay, he is a kid dragon, but still...). Oh, and they can make him Taste the Rainbow with the Elements of Harmony.

2) Her brother, who is the captain of the royal guard, and his wife, who was Twilight's foalsitter and they can nuke him with the Power of Love.

3) Her mentor, who controls the Sun and can easily neutralize most forms of powerful magic (See "Lesson Zero") and her sister, who was once the antagonist of Season 1s pilot and can control the Night.

4) Twilight herself. She is the Element of Magic, and is a supremely powerful spellcaster who could defeat an Ursa Minor without resorting to direct combat.

That's my random thought for today! Did I miss any details?

What if her colt friend is (for whatever reason) a Draconaquus that is Discord's son and he's as powerful as daddy but not as overconfident? They'd have quite a run fir thwir money unless I overestimate the power of those beings. I still think Discord is much more powerful than Chrysallis.

Almost forgot, welcome Grimchi3f!

EDIT: Mother of god...

525894_408154375882190_1666471287_n.jpg

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, I'm suitably upset. :/ I was gonna buy Everfree Northwest tickets once I got the okay from my mom, but since they're sold out, there goes that plan. It's the only MLP con I can really attend because I live up in WA, anyway.

But, on the positive side, I'm sure it'll be a blast for those who do go. I guess I can always lurk ebay...

But, on the positive side, I'm sure it'll be a blast for those who do go. I guess I can always lurk ebay...

That's not good enough. You have to go.

You shouldn't miss out on the fun :(

Guess who joined the herd

1.JPG

So much irony

Wasn't he the guy who was bashing it?

Them crazy kids.

Edited by Alice Twilight
  • Thumbs Up 1

1.JPG

So much irony

I am laughing so manically right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

1.JPG

So much irony

Oh dear sweet lord, I'm laughing my ass off right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know whats funny?

[media=]

Go to 3:36 in the video.

And then go to 5:46.tongue.png

Edited by Sweecrue
  • Thumbs Up 1

1.JPG

So much irony

I'm... Not sure what to think about this...

So lets have more Tara Strong:

192433%20-%20EqD%20plot%20Tara_Strong%20twilight_sparkle%20Twitter%20word_of_strong.png

y26uV.png

I'm using that pony flavor line at some point.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 4

1.JPG

So much irony

So if you can't beat them, join them?

Okay.... Its official Ponies is trendy! tongue.png

You know whats funny?

[media=]

Go to 3:36 in the video.

And then go to 5:46.tongue.png

That was so Funny with "the I like men that are tough "etc and some of the guys reactions are just hahaha.

This would be good for someone's sociology class especially on gender roles for some reason.tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

xGanj.png

"Updated twice in the same month" edition

Celestia... It's full of quills!: (One shot)

Twilight breaks a quill and goes to quills and Sofas to get one, simple enought right?

As you might be able to guess by now the answer is no, this one is tagged [Random] for a reason... But despite that, this is one of those rare stories where the tag isn't attached to something with the intention of being humorous.

It's more there for the sake of delivering a message without having to explain why such things happen.

Basically, authors are gods of their own worlds and idleness is something that sentences this universes to death.

The "authors being gods" part was easy to understand, but the idleness one was a little harder to get for me (I had to read the author notes to understand the sofas in the store represented sloth.

An interesting read to say the least

Rating: 3 Stars

The Steadfast Sky:

Okay... There were some pretty interesting facts revealed in the latest chapter.

This happened After the foundation of Equestria (which kind of makes sense)

And somehow, Hurricane was an alicorn... (supposedly)

And despite this it's quite clear from Generosity's statue that not all of the 6 founders were bearers.

I wonder how will this play out, and what does all of this means for the (author's) present version of Eqeustria?

Also, I love how every once in a while the author reminds me how different Discord is personality wise compared to the others, this story has a really good "he was/wasn't evil all along" interpretation of him instead of the typical "he was a good guy until something happened and then he became evil".

I mean, he is still relatively good compared to what we see in the show (somehow he is bearing the element of kindness) but I clearly see he is quite different from the ponies.

The Night That Never Ended: (title fic)

I'm going to have to reread this one because I have no idea what is going on.

Basically, the timeline seems a bit messed up to me, how much is taking the royalg guard attacking the city and how much of that time is being spend by Twilight in Ponyville? (And was the pony at the last scene Twilight?)

How the heck did the captain escape (dd she even had to escape? Can't remember a thing)

What I do know is that the mane 6 are being reformed in an odd way, Rarity was because of a dream, AJ hasn't fully reformed yet, Pinkie's one felt way too random (realizing something she has been neglecting for Celestia knows how much) and Fluttershy who after spending half a chapter crying about how much of a monster she is she just decides to trust Twi for the heck of it... Of course, the alternative to bear the element would be crueler but this little bit of logic wasn't explained in the story... I don't know, I wish things would have been expanded a little more, make the bearers find themselves with their elements instead of having a talk and give it a go. (and I feel like I should re-read this story to know if such EoH conversations happened at some point apart from RD)

There is also Trixie and the general, these 2 seems to have been corrupted by Nightmare's essence and while I don't really care about that I should provably reread this story to know if this little transfer affected Luna somehow.

Yeah, I need to reread this one. :l

My Little Alicorn:

Shinning Armor is being played with like a ragged doll, he is pretty much in a goddess minefield. D:

Also, I still love how fresno shows us both sides of a coin, how both sisters are neither right nor wrong (though I'm siding with Luna here) and have good reasons to act as they do.

Also, I'm headcanon'ing that Cadence backstory

Like 2 Peas in a Pod: (One Shot)

Blueshift story...

Blueshift story...

Yeah, that pretty much sums it all.

I'm not sure if I should be glad or saddened because this was a short fic.

Get ready for an incredibly painful pun...

I managed to get through Twilight's peaness three times before I choked. I couldn't go on!

I had that dawning realization and for a second, I sorta just rolled Twilight's peaness around my mouth.

It hit me with such a force! I knew what was about to come! The laughter afterward... It was so hard!!!

How did I manage to swallow that without even realizing what it was!

I want to see the sequel now. You know it has to be done!

The Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadance all try to remove Twilight Sparkle's and Shining Armor's peaness.

*not rated*

For The Love of Science: (One shot)

Cold In Gardez strikes again with the adventures of adorkable Twilight!

This wasn't as funny as the others though, and I feel a little disappointed that we never got to see the questions Twi made and the notes Fluttershy left, Pinkie also felt a little odd but who knows how much can ponies change in a year...

lol'd at Rarity and Rainbow's ideas though. laugh.png

Rating: 3 Stars

Background Pony:

I've come to the point that I expect to read a behemoth of words every week so I'm always trying to make some free time for whenever BP updates...

That thought has occupied me all afternoon, to the point that I had to write about it, which is how I come to here, to this cabin, to this journal. The elegy calls to me. I know when it's best not to refuse a tender embrace, no matter how cold or pale. I must figure out its name, its purpose, it position in the symphony. Beyond that, I know what comes next. After all, what's left to stop me?

I won't be writing in this journal again, not until I've performed the eighth elegy, not until I've thrown myself full-force into the only purpose I have left, a moment that's hanging eternally before me like a great black beacon. If there are no more entries to follow, then that means I will have either frozen to death or been dragged to accursed depths hitherto inconceivable.

My one assurance—my one affirmative thought at this point—is that there is only one soul who will be burdened with mourning me once I am gone, and that same pony is no longer afraid to declare such.

Yours, as true as she is real,

-Lyra Heartstrings

I may or may not find an escape from this horrible curse of mine. Sometimes, more than anything, I just wish that somepony would love me.

This chapter in particular didn't feel as sad as the others, I pretty much managed to get out without shedding a single tear but then the ending of the journal happened and it brought me memories of a quite popular sadfic and cracked... I almost feel bad for saying it wasn't this story which broke me this time, but yeah...

Still, this fic is as beautiful as ever, I'm not sure how Lyra will keep going after this point (since Morning Dew looked like the only happy thing in her life up until now) I can't wait to see the final chapters and see how this whole ordeal has changed the unicorn, I'm almost scared to see how scarred will she come out this.

And I've already spoken enough about SSaE's headcanon so I'm not going to bother commenting about that again, BUT HOW DARE HE CONTRADICT GLORIOUS RUMBLALOO MASTER SHIP!!!??

Also, Sweetie randomly vomiting because of some bugs she swallowed... I'm not sure how to feel about it...

4 Conversations About 1 Thing: (One shot)

This one was a quite good read, not sure what to make out of the random tag but it certainly accomplished what the description promised, all of this while still being a heartwarming tale.

Yeah, all in all a good read.

Also, I never got what the 1 thing was... Friendship?

*shrug*

*not rated*

Of Silk & Bone: (One shot)

Incredibly short fic...

Yet quite interesting, almost a mirror routine between Celestia and Chrysalis showing their similarities and differences...

Kind of feels like the beginning of something else...

*not rated*

Annnd that's it for this week, next Tuesday I might post about madness with ponies, friendship pondering, personal diaries stealing and some post apocalyptic shenanigans.

Edited by gato