Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Okay... didn't you just say several pages back that the posters in this topic proved that all Brony's/fans weren't that bad? What happened to that?

Well yeah, I wont deny that. I guess I just focus on the negative alot more.

But if you focus on the negative, then that's all you're going to see. :/ And this fanbase is huge and spreads across varying age groups. It's unfair to lump everyone together.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well yeah, I wont deny that. I guess I just focus on the negative alot more.

Well, it's not really good to focus on negatives... I should know.

I used to do that a lot during my high school years. In the end I realized that I was always angry or irritated by little things that I really shouldn't be so fussed about and really, It's not so good to be irritated all the time. And like Mega said, if you focus on the negatives then that will be all that you see in this huge fanbase. (Did I just repeat Mega, word for word? Huh...)

... At least that's what happened from personal experience.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Negative focused eh? Heh, been there, done that. As much as I'd like to do so, I can't defend all aspects of this fanbase, there are undeniable stupidities out there that come from it and they're aspects that I would not want to defend. But I will defend it from the thought that those bad parts(aka the stereotypes) are the rule instead of the exception. I've seen furries calling bronies sick pedos, and bronies calling furries perverted zoophiles which of course neither are true. It's a god damn madhouse, but then again I'm going off of youtube comments so take that with whatever level of credibility it deserves and then of course you got those pony thread simulators from whatever fungus crusted shithole from 4Chan they come from.

But on that video, if you wanna talk strictly numbers here, whatever the people in that video were doing lets say there are 10,000 people there (and that's an exaggeration) the fanbase has a rough estimate of possibly I'd say 500,000 members (although I heard EqD gets around 900,000 unique IP addresses every month) let's take 10,000/500,000=0.02 That means that going off of rough estimates a whopping 2% of the fanbase exhibits whatever assumingly bad behavior is displayed in that video. I'd love to make a link to Christian and African-American stereotypes being equally as misrepresented by a tiny vocal minority as well, but I'd rather not start a religious/racial war.

All fanbases have a few crazies but to claim that's all one can see from a fanbase? I would love to link to all the talented members but that may clog up this post so I'll just mention the music people that can make remixes and even original music inspired by characters such as Kingspartax37, EurobeatBrony, TheLivingTombstone and many others. Also let's give a mention to the many talented artists like JJ and...well the millions of amazing artworks speak for themselves, they aren't all rule34 and screen shots with captions. Then we got fanfic writers...yeah fanfics are very risky hit/miss business but thanks to EqD's filtering services we usually only get the best ones, and they're very good, not all MLP fics are Cupcakes or Sweet Apple Massacre or Rainbow Factory. Add to that the fan animations like .MOV, then constant amount of High quality figures and plushies that I think Surpass even a lot of Hasbro's own work. Then we got the many charities and stuff, I don't think I need to go on. But I'm speaking as if these things are exclusive to this fanbase, they're not. In the end it's all about the art, music, and writing that is produced by the fans. I think Those are true aspects of all nerdy fanbases that come together for an appreciation of a piece of media like this or Sonic.

The Sonic fanbase also has all of the above, except replace the fanmade toys with a fangame community which I think is the absolute best fangame community on the web. We are definitely not the stereotypical 30 year old manchildren complaining about Sonic's eye color and shitty friends all the time, as the Sega Forums would give the impression of and I hate to bring up videos here but since they were brought up before:

[media=]

"Autism everywhere!!!!! This is teh Sanikfagz in a nutshell!!!!!!" Is the typical shit commertaries you'd see because of these videos, but we all know that's not the case, never was the case, some people namely the press have a tendency to accentuate ALL the negatives and we all know that isn't the case in any fanbase and I think that if any fanbase would ever have a grand majority of crazy morons then it would never be able to hold itself together. Also, Sonic fans got Summer of Sonic/Sonic Boom, Bronies have Bronycon/Everfree Northwest...and despite me trying not to do so, I ended up doing a comparison with the Sonic fanbase. Again. dry.png

I'm tired of people talking as if this is all exclusive to bronies, I fear I will now also be defending the Gurren Lagan fanbase now that I've joined it, but life goes on. And that is all I'm going to say about this. I shouldn't have even had to say it, shouldn't have even said it, especially in such a TL;DR version

Fuck that took a while. Here just have some Fluttershy being adorable, all of you

fluttershy___all_tucked_up_by_kooner01-d4w8fs9.png

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 6

Generally speaking, I think FiM is one of the better fanbases I've participated in over the years. Members seem friendlier toward each other (Though of course not always), and the fan-created content never ceases to impress me.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I just wish more people would treat it for what it is... a damn good TV show and nothing more. And my friend wonders why I never want to go to conventions (of any kind) with him.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't understand how you can go to most professional sporting events and have people that are willing to /physically assault and hurt/ a person just for liking a different team than them....

and yet most people will act like it's these "hardcore nerd obsessions and fandoms" that have the real issues

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't understand how you can go to most professional sporting events and have people that are willing to /physically assault and hurt/ a person just for liking a different team than them....

You're not from Philadelphia, are you? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Haha, I kid. Physically assault, no. Verbally? You better believe it.

EDIT:

OH, TARA. Why you make me love you so much?

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-no-need-for-a-title.jpg

Edited by Snatcher2047
  • Thumbs Up 7

OH, TARA. Why you make me love you so much?

*Tara awesomeness*

LOL @ related stories: "Researchers strive to understand brony culture"

Guys, we are a scientific mystery.tongue.png

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO MUCH WIN

That's one of the greatest Dalek related things I've seen. Ever.

Golden Sun is 20% cooler.

[media=]

Too bad that's not a real fangame, because I thought that was very well put together.

Edited by Kevin

What would you do if Equestria and the Real World was fused together, and some kind of magical barrier turns ponies into humans and vice versa?

That's my random thought for today.

xGanj.png

"The fuck I just read" edition

Both in the good and in the bad sense...

Triple X: (Completed! and title fic)

I'm kind of sad to see this story ended, especially considering the way it ended.

It closed in a quite random note, with Whooves trying to kill himself for having no friends... Of course Sly and Lyra somehow convince him that he is loved and despite all his recent failures he could even be a time lord if he wanted, and so he decided to be a tie lord! :V

(he actually has chances of succeeding at that, which makes it all the more amusing)

But despite this the ending feels kind of rushed and disappointing, most of the important plot points are already solved but they were like that way before the ending itself (which makes me question what was the purpose of those extra chapters in the first place), while hilariously moving (it's the 2 stallions sharing their bromance which makes it like that) Whooves wasn't that much of an important character, the side story with Rainbow Dash was pretty lame in my opinion (bad FlutterDash was bad), the conflict with Bon Bon (and all the prejudice theme that this fic could have gone with) was solved offscreen, Sly's past and relationship with his parent wasn't explored that much and Lyra never had any important arc for herself either (and I thought all that stuff surrounding Eros was going to be relevant)

Oh! And I should probably mention that the main character never got laid, which I'm not sure if I should consider it as an achievement considering the setting. :V

So yeah, this fic wasn't was bad as it looks like, but it wasn't good either

You should read Griffon a Hard Time. It's good, and an acceptable HoG alternative.[/biased as fuck]

So. Andrew W.K. found this:

Capture.JPG

And all fanbases have nutjobs in them.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel bad for not knowing who Deadmau5 and Andrew WK are...

Ponify ALL the web browsers!

chrome-pony-show-them-a-real-browser.png?w=490

mozilla_firefox_offical_icon_by_ion_death-d521f2s.png

196744%20-%20artist%3AParallaxMLP%20ponified%20pony_browsers%20Safari.png

133938937720.png

ie_pony_by_spokesthebrony-d52p7ir.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Well guys, I am now forced to eat every single word I used to say about fanfiction. That it was all stupid tripe whose only possible use was to be printed and made into toilet paper. In the last year or so, I've been finding some truly spectacular stories from all over the interwebs, and the brony community in particular has given me some memorable gems. And given that I've lately been wanting to write something for a more accessible audience than what I'm used to, I have maybe...kind of, sort of started writing a pony fic myself. Just to give some perspective, I haven't written fanfiction since I was 11, and I spent years dreading the very concept. But now pre-conceptions have been shattered, and I'm ready to jump off the diving board! smile.png

Admittedly, I don't know for sure if this will ever truly get finished, though I would certainly like it to. Given that I'm a huge superhero geek, I love Mare Do Well. I started wondering who would be the best suited for permanantly taking up the mantle. I don't want to give much away just yet, but my mind fell on a character I think no one would ever suspect (Though I bet that's enough information for most people to figure out who I'm talking about anyways). Which is perfect, because a superhero's real identity is practically never someone you would actually suspect to be the hero. Clark Kent is a bumbling moron. Bruce Wayne is a vapid, senseless, billionare playboy. And now that I've gone back to watch some episodes in the name of research, I swear this concept is practically writing itself XD

Alright, enough of the crap no one cares about. I stumbled across this video earlier:

While I do think it's funny, I have to say I think the writers could have done more research outside of watching the theme song on Youtube. All the talk of hair-brushing, tea parties, and tic-tac-toe give me the impression they really don't know what this show is like. But I can't deny this is a good representation of the fandom's..."special" side.

Edited by Speederino