Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I know this is not on debate at the moment, but I've got something that could be food for thought and hopefully take away my doubts.

So here goes:

Do you think Shining Armor was under a spell when he reprehended Twilight after she called Cadance evil? Do you think he would be more comprehensive, was he himself that moment? Me, I think he was normal, and truly believed Cadance was using her magic to heal his migraines, without knowing she was also draining his power. Also, being her bride, his reaction to Twilight's scene feels realistic. She had just made everyone in the room feel uncomfortable, especially Shining Armor and the woman he loves (or the woman he thinks is the one he loves), so why wouldn't he react like that? Although in the next scene, he's clearly under a spell, I'm not so sure if that was to show how the supposed spell under him had finally taken full control of him, or Chrysalis had just decided all of a sudden "Hmm, I'll make you sleep during the ceremony. You're quite annoying, wanting to wear that stupid thing on your chest, and even disagreeing with me. I'll make sure you don't mess anything up."

What do you think?

I know this is not on debate at the moment, but I've got something that could be food for thought and hopefully take away my doubts.

So here goes:

Do you think Shining Armor was under a spell when he reprehended Twilight after she called Cadance evil? Do you think he would be more comprehensive, was he himself that moment? Me, I think he was normal, and truly believed Cadance was using her magic to heal his migraines, without knowing she was also draining his power. Also, being her bride, his reaction to Twilight's scene feels realistic. She had just made everyone in the room feel uncomfortable, especially Shining Armor and the woman he loves (or the woman he thinks is the one he loves), so why wouldn't he react like that? Although in the next scene, he's clearly under a spell, I'm not so sure if that was to show how the supposed spell under him had finally taken full control of him, or Chrysalis had just decided all of a sudden "Hmm, I'll make you sleep during the ceremony. You're quite annoying, wanting to wear that stupid thing on your chest, and even disagreeing with me. I'll make sure you don't mess anything up."

What do you think?

I was under the impression that Chrysalis has made several attempts to brainwash Shining Armor completely but wasn't able to do so because he wasn't weak enough. She was able to get Shining Armor to do what she wanted every now and then (like that one scene Twilight witnessed), but she was never able to get full control of him until he was significantly weakened by her (Chrysalis) feeding off of his (Shining Armor) love for Cadance.

At the moment of Twilight's outburst during practice, I don't think Shining Armor was under Chrysalis's control, and his reaction was perfectly realistic in my opinion.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 4

This shirt:

7.jpg

I need this shirt.

That is all.

I can't believe something this girly has become something so hardcore it had to be put on a t-shirt. I was caught by surprise when it appeared, the first time I saw A Canterlot Wedding.

And when Twilight repeats it when Cadance appears... LOL Clearly, Twilight does not know the meaning of growing up. xD

Edited by True Blue

I can't believe something this girly has become something so hardcore it had to be put on a t-shirt. I was caught by surprise when it appeared, the first time I saw A Canterlot Wedding.

And when Twilight repeats it when Cadance appears... LOL Clearly, Twilight does not know the meaning of growing up. xD

Oh come on, everyone knows growing up is overrated! Even Twilight knows that. :P

But yes, such a cute shirt. I've been meaning to buy a shirt from Welovefine, but I still lack a job due to how hard it is to find one in this town... Oh well, at least I still have my Rainbow Dash shirt I bought during a meetup!

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Twilight did it just as a way to remind her of what they did back those days. Either way growing up is overrated if you can't have fun anymore xD

On a side note

John De Lancie was in a place just 40 minutes away from my house and I just learned about it now? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU!

Interesting stuff he says too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh come on, everyone knows growing up is overrated! Even Twilight knows that. tongue.png

But yes, such a cute shirt. I've been meaning to buy a shirt from Welovefine, but I still lack a job due to how hard it is to find one in this town... Oh well, at least I still have my Rainbow Dash shirt I bought during a meetup!

Dad's gonna hate this if he finds out. Oh well.

About the documentary? What's there to hate?

No, just the fact that John De Lancie is supporting the Brony community. He's part of the unconvertible, and is a massive ST:TNG fan.

I haven't told him yet, but I'm sure he'd just sigh and roll his eyes.

I'm all for De Lancie's plight, just to reaffirm.

9fMAO.png

As professional as the font.

So... I made some changes:

* Pretty much like in Fanfiction Time, while making this list I had the idea of keep stories separated with 5 spaces (to avoid making my post a clusterbuck of text), but there were exceptions that I made in order to avoid having some descriptions being cut by GDocs pages (I mean, having half a description in one page and half in another one) as you might be able to tell when you read the first release, it didn't work... So I decided to undo all these useless changes until I figure out a way to make this look presentable.

* Did some little changes to My Little Alicorn's description regarding the sequel.

* I also changed Background Pony's descriptions adding a comment about the frequency this story updates (which I think it's quite impressive).

* Added Eros Dreaming.

* Added The Incredibly Dense Mind of Rainbow Dash.

Not a lot, but at least I didn't forgot this thing's existence (thanks Firefox for reminding the password I totally didn't forgot >_>)

EDIT:

BEST FU*KING SONG!

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 3

xGanj.png

"22 Short Fics About Equestria" edition

(not really)

A Great and Powerful Heart: (Completed! And title fic)

All the title fics today are short fics, this one in particular deals with Trixie...

... and Derpy having a little adventure trying to save Dinky and another foal who got lost.

The story is not that great for me, but there were things I loved, I enjoyed this little version of Trixie and her change of heart about certain matters, it somehow felt like what I would watch in the actual show...

Actually, most of the story felt pretty episode like (except for the part with the xenophobic town out of nowhere)

*not rated*

Cream and Changelings Rise: (One shot and title fic)

This one is like a little side story dealing with Octavia and Vinyl, and how they got through the changeling invasion.

I like this kind of stories, some of them (like this one in particular) might not be spectacular but like title of this post might sugest, it shows us sides of Equestria that we will not be able to see in the show.

I was about to comment about how 2 ponies being able to bead a group changelings was kind of hard to believe, but then you have the mane 6 who pretty much beat an army on their own...

I guess some ponies are just badass like that.

*not rated*

The Princess and The Knight: (One shot and title fic)

Yet another short story, this one telling the moments Cadence realizes she has... something for Shinning Armor.

I like the way the author describes.... Something... Something is my favorite. :V

*not rated*

Of Steam Gears and Wings:

The last chapter was most interesting... And raises some questions...

So, have we reached a point where technology surpassed magic? because otherwise I see no reason why the NLR would be having such troubles fighting the empire, you know, since they have the moon goddess herself on their ranks... >_>

That alone makes me question a lot of things about this story, but I'll give the author time to explain this.

Triple X:

So...

Pinkie decided to throw a party to Sly because he got out of jail, GREAT IDEA PINKS! :U

We are getting with the mane 6 again, I still don't like the FlutterDash but I can deal with it, the rest of the story is still funny and it's really making me feel bad for Whooves (despite the fact that the guy pretty much got into that mess for being an idiot)

Her Majesty Walks: (One shot and title fic)

Incredibly short story, but it gives us an interesting POV.

It starts with a little monologue about Luna talking about her own encounter with death.

Then we switch with a conversation between Luna and Celly about the Nightmare Moon fiasco and forgiveness... it seems to be centered about how sorry Celly was about the whole banishing thing

Then you realize Celestia died in that battle to save Luna from Nightmare Moon and all of the banishment business was just the night princess not being able to deal with the truth (the whole 1000 years, mane 6 and elements of harmony included, though I don't think it was that much time in he real world, I guess it was months at most)

Then you realize the whole conversation might be related about how sorry Celly was to abandon her sister, and how proud she will be of her new rule over Equestria.

Then you realize Luna's monologue about death wasn't about her own, but it was about her first encounter with death, about how nothing lasts forever, not even her seemingly eternal sister.

And then my mind exploded a bit.

This one was a nice story.

Rating: 3 Stars

Background Pony:

Dayum...

This week's was the first episode that didn't end with a moral/deep thought, instead, it finished with a promise to 2 characters. (And since I don't want to reveal their identities, they will remain spoiled).

Twilight...

Moondancer...

As long as I am alive, I shall do the remembering for all of us. Our friendship will never die.

This episode was about loss, sadly the fact that I can't get behind SSaE's backstory means this one didn't really made me feel as much as the other ones, but there is still some things to talk about.

First of all is the obvious main theme of how a friendship could break apart if it isn't properly kept and the fragility of life (as Sweetie Bot would put it), the lesson feels incredibly depressing here because it comes from Twilight trying to explain why did this happen, and while this might be true the real cause is that black and empty space where a mint colored pony used to be...

I also couldn't avoid to feel bad for Lyra here, she just can't win! The moment she thinks something might be going right the author keeps beating her... I really want to see a happy ending for this. (seriously, at this point Morning Dew seems to be the only remotely happy thing that has been going on for her, and that's saying a lot considering s/he probably knows nothing about her)

Also, there is Moondancer's rant, she never got to apologize to Twi about that and as far as we know she still thinks like that, but that wasn't my point... That rant was... Woah... People could make a whole sadfic out of that line of thinking and how Twi would react and think about those words, kudos to SSaE for that.

The other thing I couldn't avoid but notice was that little bit at the end where Twi almost falls and Rarity catches her... For some reason that brought me back to that hilarious "Raritycatchme!" scene in The Last Rounderp (and the other scene in Putting Your Hoof Down where she actually does catch Pinkie without hurting herself), I'm not sure if that was intentional but I really loved that part. biggrin.png

And last, but not least, I almost hate the author for using the lines "while Twilight read us old mare's tales from a family tome that had been passed down the Sparkle family line for generations.". First of all, because it made me burst out laughing in what was supposed to be a sad moment, second, because now I can't stop associating Twi's (and Shining Armor's) cutie mark with this...

65717.imgcache.jpg

SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!!!

pinkiecrazy.png

The Feather of Fire:

2 chapters for the prize of one this week!

And we are finally getting into the action.

So far the only thing I'm not liking about this story is how long it took to start (despite the whole background being necessary to understand the characters actions) and how Daring started to distrust in MDW only to regain that trust in a few lines (it seems kind of sudden, since MDW arguments in her defense weren't that good, also, I feel the story would have been more interesting if the 2 stars didn't trust each other)

Oh well...

The Incredibly Dense Mind of Rainbow Dash: (One shot)

This one was amazing! Oblivious Dash is best Dash.

This story was hilarious from beginning to end and I loved (almost) every single second of it...

The main characters were awesome (seriously, this might be one of the few first person Dash fics that I actually liked) and the author actually made some effort trying to fit this into the show's canon (too bad some ships like RariJack were so blatant is practically impossible to incorporate this into my headcanon),

The comedy was quite good in my opinion, I loved that Cloud Kicker's mentality (I mean, it's unique enough to be different from the rest of the background ponies and I would love to see more of this, most of the popular backponies have some quirk or unique personality the fandom gives them that makes them more noticeable than the rest and I personally think this one would be... Good enough for Cloud Kicker)... If there is something I would feel like warning any potential readers about is the use and abuse of references and innuendo (I hope I'm using the right word here)... Some people find it funny but some others don't so you might want to keep that in mind before checking it (though if you are reading this, you should already know that).

I especially loved the one where Dash asked Pinkie to give her a sec, a scene later Pinkie appears and says this...

“You don’t have to feel bad about it though Dashie! I’m totally, absolutely, 100% completely okay with giving you lots and lots of secs if that’s what you need!”

*joke went flying over my head*

“Dashie!” Pinkie shouted up at both of us. “Do you need me to give you more secs?”

Spilled coffee all over the PC and laughed laughed like a madman. laugh.png

Anyway, another thing I should point is the ending, it's quite open and a lot of people didn't like it, but I personally think the ending was perfect, because after the kiss we would be dealing with a whole different kind of story.

All in all a really fun story that is going into my fic list.

Rating: 4 Stars

And that's it for this week folks! Next Tuesday we will talk about "quills and sofas", "Chrysalis and Discord", "Douche and Big Mac" and "Twilight and Celestia"...And I don't think most of them are shipping...

Edited by gato

I've been going back and watching random episodes lately to appease my Pony needs. I came across "May The Best Pet Win" and got to the race scene and it got me wondering. Does anyone know if Daniel Ingram recorded the version of "Ride Of The Valkyries" or if it was a pre-existing version from some production music library? Just curious.

If I had to guess, I would say he recorded it himself. Because while the song Ride of the Valkyries is in the public domain, most specific performances of it are not (this pops up a lot of time on YouTube videos for public domain songs).

It would probably be easier from a legal standpoint to have Ingram compose it than to try to find one that is definitely able to be used without paying for it.

Edited by Tornado

I thought the one who recorded it was Anderson...

I think I've heard about that in an EFR interview (I think I remember that one because it's the one when Mando cried of happiness when Will told him he liked his music).

YES, YES, YES...

apple_bucking_by_soapie_solar-d50tek7.jpg

LINK

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

YES YES YES yay that is such a cute picture.

Whilst listening to smile, smile, smile! at the same timewub.png

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.equestria...-desist-to.html

Fuck copyright, it pretty much forces them to sue her over this apperently. I never noticed how strict those laws were before. Hopefully Hasbro will actually make plushies that are actually show accurate like this

8668de469870df603e971ecfa0d70514-d4gx4pt.jpg

Instead of this past attempt abomination that looks absolutely nothing like Pinkie Pie

pTRU1-7564834dt.jpg

If fans can make awesome ones like the former then shouldn't it be effortless for a multi-million dollar company to do it as well? I will never understand their business practices, especially when they see this insane amounts money these things sell for.

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 1

... -Gasp.-

I've always felt out of place when on this site due to being a new Sonic fan.

That, and I'm a tad on the awkwardly shy side. orz

B-but... I think, I've finally found a little place on here I can call; home.

-Squealed in excitement.-

Will post something clever and pony related here soon~

Until then, I shall be lurkin' about..

-Nodnod.-

• Thumbs Up 3