Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Well first off, the episode is boring as fuck.

Second, because of how they treated Spike. We get an episode about Spike, yay! They decide the best way to go about it is to introduce a one dimensional plot vehicle who's sole purpose is to fuck Spike's shit over at every possible turn and make him look terrible by comparison. They even go so far to make Spike out to be the goddamn villain in this scenario, complete with Snidely Whiplash attire. It's like they were trying to hide all of Spike's good qualities and made him the butt monkey just for the sake of a gag they could abuse, the problem here is that the gag wasn't particularly funny in the first place and it dragged on for the entire episode.

There. I'm done.

So I was right... I'm gonna assume you didn't read my post (admittedly it was TL;DR,) because I was actually just talking about how Spike abuse brings out the anger in some people...

Holy crap. Spike abuse does bring out the anger in some folks... and I thought fans got mad when Fluttershy was picked on. blink.png

Fair enough reason though.

I heard fans were pissed when others made gorefics with Fluttershy as the victim... I kinda dread what reaction a gorefic with Spike as the victim would bring out... I'm not searching for that, especially considering Spike's only a kid. Not only do gorefics depress me, but they also are written for the sake of someone's sick fantasies and because of that they're to be very, very, crappy. Seriously, no work or effort... Just made to either troll or satisfy the author.

Spike's probably my least favorite in the show (Not that I hate him, mind you) so I only found that episode forgettable overall. And most of my thoughts on Spike and other characters being abused is summed up by Peanutbutter's post.

Oh and also...

Also, as someone who had to go through that in life, that episode fucking hurt to watch.

"Spike, stop acting like such an asshole because you feel your feelings are no longer important to me. I'll just yell at you for feeling unwanted instead of trying to make you know that you aren't."

Damn... Sorry to hear that dude. sad.png

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Going back to the Freakazoid videos for a sec, what if they took that concept and applied it to Pinky and the Brain? Answer: PURE. FUCKING. GENIUS!!!

[media=]

EDIT: And this one.

Edited by Speederino

^While we're on the subject, how about some more John de Lancie awesomeness?

• Thumbs Up 6

Funny, I thought JDL himself was cynical of us at first but I guess not. I will definitely see this if it's made, a valid documentary, a brony mythbuster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny, I thought JDL himself was cynical of us at first but I guess not. I will definitely see this if it's made, a valid documentary, a brony mythbuster.

Maybe at first he was a bit skeptical. But I guess he's used to it by now, and is well aware of the phenomenon. :)

Edited by True Blue

^While we're on the subject, how about some more John de Lancie awesomeness?

[media=]

That man's voice is spectacular

*Wakes up*

*Looks at weather*

*Feels like playing Mr Blue Sky because of it*

*Goes to Youtube*

*Pony fanfic has made people look up the song hours beforehand*

Huh.

Well, I got my taste of ELO from my dad, so I don't have to say I first heard about it from ponies anyway.

u

I hope for a cinema release.

Of the documentary? I don't think it would be able to go that far...would it?

Pound Puppies Ad.

Comment 1. Pinkie broke a Pinkie Promise. Will she have to unleash hell onto herself?

Comment 2. Her IM contacts are Rainbow Dash, Spike and Discord. I like all my fave pony characters being in one ad, but how the fuck did Discord get out of the statue, much less set up an IM account and made friends with Pinkie, RD and Spike on it?

• Thumbs Up 4

xGanj.png

... edition.

The Steadfast Sky:

Well...

Those were some... Flashbacks...

Basically, Celestia confirmed Luna that her parents didn't care much for them, and that Celly has been more of a mom than her mother herself.

Nothing much to say about this one, I should have listened to myself a few days ago and put this one on hold...

Eh, I was bored.

My Little Alicorn:

Well this one is sure going to places.

laugh.png

Luna is pretty much going to be a master troll and put Shinning Armor and Cadence as Douche's temporal parents.

I can see a recreation of the first chapters events going on in the near future with Douche being put in many many embarrassing situations.

And I'm loving the magic kindergarten (and it's somewhat ignorant staff)

The Fraternal Brotherhood of Mann: (Story 2)

MANN!

Oh I really liked the first one (except being disappointed, because it ended too suddenly and wasted the potential a story like this could have), and I can't really remember if I said something like this back in the day but I would LOVE if this one became a series.

This fic could give us a totally biased and testosterone poisoned view of Ponyville... I really, really would love to see this one becoming a weekly thing, with the manns joining together and discussing recent events, especially if some of them are canon related. laugh.png

Seriously, I don't know the current state of this, but please (Insert Pen Name)! Keep writting this one.

*not rated* (yet)

Background Pony:

It's a brave thing to be alone. As long as I make song of it, I'm saving something.

After all, it's never too late to be a hero.

Once again this fic made me feel so many things...

At first I was like "Oh, Rainbow Dash chapter? Cool! I hope he receives an awesome treatment like Rare and AJ did",,,,

Then I noticed Scootaloo and said "Oh right, a Dash and Scoot episode... I guess the title now makes more sense"...

Of course it wasn't what I expected but it turned out to be awesome anyway.

Later in the story when I saw Scoot being teleported I felt scared, but more in a meta level... I haven't read End of Ponies yet but I knew the premise, so watching this Scoot jumping and disappearing out of my sight sent me some shivers... I'm glad the story didn't turn that way.

Then we have the whole scene where either everypony was too busy to pay attention to a complete stranger or the curse somehow become stronger (and I would rather not think about the later >_> ).. That made me feel... Frustration... Hopelessness I think would be the best word.

And then we have the "rescue", and that scene was quite moving, if I could criticize anything there it was how Scoots apparently got herself and Lyra out of problems out of sheer willpower (since... She didn't seem to be in a good physical condition), I usually have troubles swallowing that kind of scene and this wasn't an exception, but eh... I'll live.

(That and Twi's dialogue while speaking with Whooves, seemed to be more... err... which would be the right word... Rarity-ish?)

All in all, this episode felt different than the rest for me, it wasn't about the curse, it wasn't about character exploration (since I don't feel we got to see too much about Scoot, and we got even less about Dash), but it was more about action. Still, it was as breathtaking as all the others.

And jeez! Stop making me so curious about Morning Dew.

The Mailmare:

I really can't wait for the moment the Nightmare Moon tag becomes relevant. laugh.png

This story is one of the most ridiculous things I've read since Gintama (while we are at it, you should all read Gintama, it's an awesome manga)

Seriously, it has been an hilarious moment after hilarious moment (at least the last 2 chapters were).

laugh.png

The argument about what was the proper sound effect to use while doing a flashback had me laughing for minutes.

Eros Dreaming: (EqD says completed but the author promised an epilogue, also title fic)

The idea behind this story was to ship the mane 6 in a way that they haven't been ship before.

Did the Capn managed to pull out such a feat?

Sadly, it didn't... But it was a pretty darn good try!

I must confess that after reading the first paragraphs the first thing that came into my mind was.. "MOTHER OF FAUST! He is going to ship the ponies... With the ship! That's so ingenious yet so obvious!"

Then I realized it had nothing to do with that... And I got a little worried about my mental health for coming up with such an idea.

But despite my troublesome condition the rest of the story was a delight to read, Capn took 6 crack pairings and made them somewhat work. I'm almost disappointed that he is not going to finish this stories because it felt like he built the bases for 6 pretty interesting shipfics, all of them with their own conflicts, romance and possibilities... But it's pretty clear that this was his intention from the very beginning so I'm more than willing to deal with my inner shipping nut craving for MOAR.

As for the pairing themselves, Soarin and Twilight make as much sense as that fic that shipped the Wonderbolt with AJ (It's always sunny in Phillydelphia, a quite known shipfic if my memory doesn't fail me) so I was more than okay with it, Douche with Fluttershy is also surprisingly good, Capn has given us a quite different and almost... Tolerable version of the prince (the likeness of his explanation about what he did in the gala is arguable though, since his reactions that night makes you think that he is as bad as we make him look like... But that's not the point here), and suddenly, the author's avatar makes a lot of sense to me. (It's Fluttershy swimming with a shark if you guys don't know)

Rainbowpants (yeah, I'm using that name) is also surprisingly good...

Rarity and Braeburn, this is actually the only one that I had a problem with, and not because it wasn't well written nor I have any dislike for the ship, it's mostly because the author had to give some background about how the Appleloosa pony happens to be a total gentlecolt, which was kind of hard to swallow for me. Having said that, this is the only one I have a problem with because it felt it didn't receive the same (great) treatment the other ships did, so it's more like a single negative in a pool of positives.

Which leads me to the other 2 ships, AppleFlim (or Flam? It looked like Flim was the one willing to join forces but that brother sure could play a role in a full fledged ship fic) makes as much sense as Twixie, and to this point I'm almost appalled at how little (read: none in my case) of this ship I've read... Pixie on the other hand... I've actually read that one, I'm not sure I should give the name of the fics in question because that would be spoiling them, but yeah I've actually read that one before. What I'm willing to share is that he pulled out this ship a lot better than that other fics did, so you have my praises for that.

So yeah, what can I say about this one? It was certainly a fun ride and and from my point of view, it accomplished it's main objective with flying colors.

Can't wait to read the epilogue. biggrin.png

What Separates: (Completed!)

I guess this one is a different take in the "human in Equestria" genre, it's not your hilarious tale of awkwardness, nor the brony's ultimate dream come true, nor the evil (or well intentioned but ill doing) species of primates who end up causing mayhem in pony society.

It's a story of a human who got lost in this world, and the cultural shock that happens when the mane 6 and this particular person meet.

I have to say it's a quite interesting read, but it has a glaring problem... The idea behind the story is to show how different the 2 societies are and Twilight's efforts to insert the human into the pony group, but this story has a vision of pony society that I can't get behind, ponies don't live in an utopia, they know war, they react violently, they probably have to deal with carnivores in a daily basis (Hay! Fluttershy alone of all ponies fills all of this criteria)... And this fic somewhat tries to point us that nothing of this si true (or at least Twilight's POV of pony society).

Other than that, it's a quite interesting read, some little negative bits here and there but a good read.

Also this one seems to be far from over. (all the 17 chapters were only part 1). So I guess we should expect more from this human in a near or far future

Rating: 3 Stars

Annnnd that's it for today! Come again next week when I will try to talk about Pipsqueak, an even more unusual pairing than the ones shown today, light action, some long fanciful romance and sexism.

Edited by gato

"TASTE THE RAINBOW! MOTHERF&%KER!"

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 2

*Anthony Bourdain vid*

Apparently he even made a tweet about the bronies being after him. LOL

Edited by Snatcher2047

Yeah, he tweeted "Now I'm getting shit from the Bronies #NoReservations".

It wouldn't be the first time he tweeted about ponies. He watched a few episodes on a flight all the way back in January of this year.

http://www.equestria...for-travel.html

Anthony+Bourdain+tweets+about+watching+MLP.png

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Pound Puppies Ad.

[media=]

Comment 2. Her IM contacts are Rainbow Dash, Spike and Discord. I like all my fave pony characters being in one ad, but how the fuck did Discord get out of the statue, much less set up an IM account and made friends with Pinkie, RD and Spike on it?

• Thumbs Up 3