Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063FGF14/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

While this DVD got a mention a few pages back, I want to reiterate that it's only $11, and that if every FiM fan preorders at least one (or more if they can comfortably afford to do so), it will send a very strong message to Hasbro. Money talks a lot louder than any petition ever has or could.

I encourage my fellow pony fans here to fork over the eleven dollars for this preorder if it's viable, and hopefully en masse we can grab Hasbro's attention. And hey, if it doesn't work, it's only $11. Not like we invested too much in it. But if it succeeds, we could be a step closer to those season boxsets.

It is my hope to see all of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic​ on DVD, and I believe the success of these episode compilations could be a necessary stepping stone to that end. If you can, I encourage you to join me in preordering these DVDs, and maybe- just maybe- the fanbase will see something come of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Somebody fill me in, what the hell did the ponyarchive guys do that apparently destroyed the fanbase and pissed off Hasbro??? Unless i'm missunderstanding something, why all the doom and gloom for fanbase lately on EqD?

They were offering episodes for download, including the official versions that were being offered on iTunes. And they were taking donations for it.

Hasbro asked them to stop, probably because the DVDs are coming out and the sale that just started on iTunes, and they said no. Hasbro had the site taken down, and the Ponyarchive guys put up a big image on the page index telling Hasbro to go fuck themselves.

Edited by ChristmasJack

Somebody fill me in, what the hell did the ponyarchive guys do that apparently destroyed the fanbase and pissed off Hasbro??? Unless i'm missunderstanding something, why all the doom and gloom for fanbase lately on EqD?

From my POV:

- Ponyarchive got taken down and they decided to go in a rather colorful way, pretty much giving a big middle finger to Hasbro. EDIT: (I feel like I shouldn't need to mention this, but no, I don't agree with nor support what PA did)

- Fans think this will piss off Hasbro so much that they will not want to have anything to do with us, will cut all the ties with the bronydom and will not allow anyone related to the show to even talk to us (unlikely to happen if you ask me).

- Other fans, think this is a sign of Hasbro initiating a witch hunt that will pretty much destroy every single site and shut down all of the Youtube channels, predicting the death of the fandom because nobody outside of the US will be able to watch the show (I'm a bit concerned about that, but I can't shake the feeling they might... just might..... be exaggerating things a bit).

- And of course, there is this small group who promises revenge against Hasbro and the people behind the show for taking down Ponyarchive. (which seriously worries the first group of fans I mentioned).

And that's pretty much how I see the situation.

Edited by gatornament

PonyArchive was totally in the wrong for offering the iTunes versions online for free and they're doing nothing but making complete asshats out of themselves with that hate-filled rant towards Hasbro on their homepage. This is not how you go about loving and tolerating, guys.

I'm hoping that the site either gets completely removed or they take the opportunity they have to apologize to Hasbro. What they did was in effect piracy, and Hasbro was not at all in the wrong by asking them to take it down. This company has been extremely lenient about everything from hosting episodes online to fan-created merchandise, so this is by no means the right way to thank them for all that they've done for us when it comes to looking the other way in regards to copyrighted material.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan
  • Thumbs Up 2

I heard the news about the PonyArchive incident and how the bad side of the brony fanbase is beginning to flame Hasbro. How classy.

it was actually a nice feeling that Hasbro was acknowledging the bronies... If stuff like this keeps up, who knows what Hasbro will think of us? Whatever happened to love and tolerance?

And speaking of love and tolerance, I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when pessimists on Ponibooru say stuff like "love and tolerance is dead, so STFU," every time the subject is brought up. To me it sounds like they're just saying "Eff you, I want to be a dick. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

And there goes AJ's song quota for the season.

Whatever. It was still awesome.

Forget that, did MEGATRON just sing at 0:13? O_O

Forget that, did MEGATRON just sing at 0:13? O_O

Wouldn't be the first time! Brace for innuendo out the wazoo.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan

After learning that MLP was going on a slight hiatus until January after Hearth's Warming Eve, and after realising that my Pony addiction was going to remain insatiable and unable to be fed until then, I resolved to do the unthinkable in a last-ditch effort to satisfy my raging fanboyism - gentlemen, I've resorted to fanfiction.

Shipping fanfiction.

pitymepitymepitymepityme

And honestly, I was more than a little surprised when what I found and subsequently read from start to finish in a single night was quite possibly one of the single most genuinely touching, emotionally involving and outright awesome short stories that I've ever had the joy of reading: that story was AVery Strange's Spark, and whether or not you agree with me in my beliefs that Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna make the cutest couple this side of the known universe, it's more than worth a read for anyone who wants the perfect balance of an intelligent, intricate plot, stunning characterisation and heart-melting (yet not at all cheap or cheesy) romance in a Pony fanfic. And believe me when I say that I very nearly wept at the epilogue - though it'll be a major spoiler to say why, so I'll leave you with the choice of stopping after chapter 8 and leaving with a good feeling but an incomplete story, versus receiving the full emotional blast of the full ending.

But it's so wholesomely excellent, you'd be hard-pushed not to have enjoyed it either way. :)

And don't worry; while there's a small amount of mild innuendo (remembering that Luna still isn't well-versed in the changed meanings of certain words over the thousand-odd years that she spent in exile) and some subtle metaphor, (magic and the bonds it creates between ponies are often interpretable - if only through AVery's choice of vocabulary - as being slightly sexual) there isn't even so much as a hint of any rule 34 content tainting the waters of this fantastic fanfic - so don't feel put off by the word "shipping".

Edited by eXmastaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

After learning that MLP was going on a slight hiatus until January after Hearth's Warming Eve, and after realising that my Pony addiction was going to remain insatiable and unable to be fed until then, I resolved to do the unthinkable in a last-ditch effort to satisfy my raging fanboyism - gentlemen, I've resorted to fanfiction.

Shipping fanfiction.

pitymepitymepitymepityme

And honestly, I was more than a little surprised when what I found and subsequently read from start to finish in a single night was quite possibly one of the single most genuinely touching, emotionally involving and outright awesome short stories that I've ever had the joy of reading: that story was AVery Strange's Spark, and whether or not you agree with me in my beliefs that Twilight Sparkle and Princess Luna make the cutest couple this side of the known universe, it's more than worth a read for anyone who wants the perfect balance of an intelligent, intricate plot, stunning characterisation and heart-melting (yet not at all cheap or cheesy) romance in a Pony fanfic. And believe me when I say that I very nearly wept at the epilogue - though it'll be a major spoiler to say why, so I'll leave you with the choice of stopping after chapter 8 and leaving with a good feeling but an incomplete story, versus receiving the full emotional blast of the full ending.

But it's so wholesomely excellent, you'd be hard-pushed not to have enjoyed it either way. smile.png

And don't worry; while there's a small amount of mild innuendo (remembering that Luna still isn't well-versed in the changed meanings of certain words over the thousand-odd years that she spent in exile) and some subtle metaphor, (magic and the bonds it creates between ponies are often interpretable - if only through AVery's choice of vocabulary - as being slightly sexual) there isn't even so much as a hint of any rule 34 content tainting the waters of this fantastic fanfic - so don't feel put off by the word "shipping".

ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Oh%252520Rainbow%252520Dash.png

And damn, jumping straight into Spark?

What's this I see on Equestria Daily? The Vinyl Scratch Tapes Season 2?

Why yes, yes I will read it.

I know, right?

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 1

And damn, jumping straight into Spark?

I read "Unbelievably sad epilogue" and "Shipping" in that list in your signature, and I just couldn't resist. :P

And that scene where Luna and Twilight first use magic to explore each other's feelings is hot.

Edited by eXmastaticus

What's this I see on Equestria Daily? The Vinyl Scratch Tapes Season 2?

Why yes, yes I will read it.

I know, right?

Woohoo! I've been waiting for more of 'The Vinyl Scratch Tapes'. smile.png

http://www.equestria...atch-tapes.html

And now I'm off to joyfully read it.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

The Vinyl Scratch Tapes...

ohmygosh2.gif

It's just as good as I remember it. Almost as if a hole in my heart has just been filled.

And now there's Trixie.

This is going to be so amazing.

Fuck all of that shit under my tree, this is the greatest Christmas gift ever.