Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

The Last Roundup? Hmm.....there are a couple of things I get from a tittle like that. One scenario could be it is about AJ's parents and probably how they died or something since with Last being mentioned it does sound like somepony is going to kick the bucket which is a first dealing with death in this series. A second possible scenario is that the rodeo is in town and maybe AJ's star idol cowboy(colt)/girl(mare) has announce his/her retirement meaning that it'll be their 'Last Roundup' because of something. So AJ might convince him/her to not give up and continue or spend some time with him/her before he/she leaves rodeo business for good. Though ironic enough that it becomes a Big Mac centered ep. so hopefully he'll say more stuff than just Nope/Eyup.

Edited by AdventChild

I'd imagine I'd find this even better if I knew anything about Gundam besides being able to quote the Shining Finger thing when I'm feeling particularly overly dramatic.

So I'll enjoy this inappropriate comic instead:

99017%20-%20artist%3Ageekscomeoutatnight%20big_mac%20comic%20innuendo%20twilight_sparkle.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Another (not so spoilerish) screen for the next episode.

So...

Michelle Creber uploaded a nice christmas message/song in Youtube, but it was put as private before I got to see it.

Not so desperate to watch the thing so don't bother posting links.

I can only wonder why would such a thing happen. (no sarcasm intended)

EDIT: After a little research, it appears the video wasn't supposed to be uploaded yet.

So that means I'll get to see it sooner or later (and from it's original source) after all... Cool! :)

Edited by gatornament

You know what time is...

DUVWO.jpg

PONIES?

I have unreasonably high expectations today too. tongue.png

I'm expecting some backstory and continuity in this episode, I'm going to be seriously disappointed if there is not even a mention of (at least one of) the princesses. (one could still make sense of things if they weren't though)

I'm also expecting a song, song is a MUST. (considering the setting)

And I haven't watched the clips, but I believe Spike is going to be the narrator... I hope he can get a more active role in the play too.

As for a crazy predictions that are most likely not going to happen? A little mention of Cadence would be interesting.

Last episode proved that I can have high expectations and still enjoy the chapter.. So I expect something similar today. colbert.png

Edited by gatornament

I like how this episode has basically turned into "The Mane Six play dressup."

Edit:

'Dat Song.

Edited by ChristmasJack

Okay so, my internet has been acting like it's usual ****** self (I knew this new ISP was too good to be true), so I couldn't watch any stream.

Anyway, in other way more relevant and interesting news, Derpy just got canon'd.

Or is at least as official as "DJ-Pon3".

That is sure going to stop all the arguing and of course, it's not going to raise any kind of shitstorm.... nope! liarjack_da_avatar_by_metalbeersolid-d4bc9sj.gif

Edited by gatornament

Episode 11 is up on YouTube, albeit bordered and in low resolutions:

Not seen it myself as of yet, but from the screenshots, it should be a goodie.

• Thumbs Up 2

At the end, Equestria's flag had both Princess Celestia and Luna on it. Were they actually there, or was the play just using Equestria's current flag for convenience's sake? It just makes me wonder about where Discord comes in. I always assumed he ruled Equestria before Celestia and Luna came along, but the flag makes me think that the Princesses ruled for a bit before Discord came into the picture.

Very fun episode though, Pinkie would be the greatest ruler.

Presumably both Alicorns existed, but didn't reveal themselves until later. Or something. It's hard to get a grasp of mythology at the best of times.

A nice episode where I felt that Pinkie stole most of the show with the moments Pegasususus, the chimney, the map, and dirtville yet I wouldn't count it as a Pinkie episode despite all that. Yeah, it felt there were some plot holes with how the Princesses and Discord fit before or after all that. Though I was expecting a bit more songs during the play than just at the end, and I didn't like the song that much.

I thought it was enjoyable enough.

It didn't really cover anything that I really cared about knowing beforehand, but it did so in a fun way and I can't really think of anything that I would say was "wrong" with it. A lot of fun Pinkie/AJ/Dash stuff happening, and I ultimately liked the tale that it presented and thought it was told in an interesting way. Another success for taking "generic" storylines and making them entertaining to watch.

I was pretty disappointed with the song, though. It was just kinda there, tacked on to the end of the episode. Meh.

I'd say it ranks ahead of May The Best Pet Win, but behind The Return of Harmony; but I would also say that it was far better than it appears to be based on where it ranks among the S2 episodes.

Also, Obligatory Somewhat-Inappropriate JJ Episode Pics:

99678%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20rarity%20ride%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

99683%20-%20artist%3Ajohn_joseco%20celestia.jpg

Edited by ChristmasJack

I may have misheard or something but did the new episode state that the unicorns could raise the sun and moon when it's already been established that only Celestia and Luna could do that?

I may have misheard or something but did the new episode state that the unicorns could raise the sun and moon when it's already been established that only Celestia and Luna could do that?

Yes. It did say that the unicorns were resposible for day and night.

When and where was that established?

Yes. It did say that the unicorns were resposible for day and night.

Alright. And at the beginning of the play, Spike does say that this all happened before "the rule of Celestia" so it's not really that confusing.

I have mixed feelings about this episode. It had it's moments, but fell a little short overall for me. It was interesting to see the history of Equestria, though.

* Some good Pinkie Pie stuff here, something this season has been lacking.

* Another strong supporting role by Applejack.

* Rarity said "Darling." Always love that.

* Rainbow Dash is right back to being her arrogant self apparently. Hmmm...

* Another great, albeit short, song.

* Another "group laugh" ending. Ugh...

Another one of those, "not the worst, but definitely not the best" kind of episodes in my view.

Yeah, nothing super special in this episode (I was hoping that they'd at least mention Celestia and Luna), but I was honestly just grateful to see every member of the mane cast get an equal chunk of focus for the first time in a while. It was simple but sweet; about average for the series, which isn't a bad thing at all.

...did anybody find it a little weird that a bunch of each type of pony came along to the big meeting, but only the ones played by the mane six actually moved to Equestria? Did all of the others just stay put and freeze to death? Was the entire pony species repopulated from six individuals? Can I ship Puddinghead/Smart Cookie now?

My favourite little detail was that Star Swirl the Bearded got another mention. I love kind of stuff.

I thought it was funny Twilight went on about how it was the biggest pageant of the year when she usually wouldn't be that bothered...until I figured that her Starswirl costume on Nightmare Night was part of her ongoing research into the character she played in the pageant, meaning that she's been focusing on her role for at least two months. Talk about dedicated!

I thought it was funny Twilight went on about how it was the biggest pageant of the year when she usually wouldn't be that bothered...until I figured that her Starswirl costume on Nightmare Night was part of her ongoing research into the character she played in the pageant, meaning that she's been focusing on her role for at least two months. Talk about dedicated!

Its Twilight, OCD is her thing.

Anyway, in other way more relevant and interesting news, Derpy just got canon'd.

Fans are surely going to rejoice at that one.

Anyway, onto today's episode. Not a bad episode at all. I'm surprised they never mentioned Celestia and Luna though. I'd like to know where they came in during the history of Equestria.

I vote Pinkie Pie for future ruler of Equestria.