Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

*Would insert a Spike mock gagging image here, but to lazy to search on Google.*

Goddamn, lovey, dovey shipper hippies are makin' me gag. I'm keeping away from this thread until next episode (No Promises... Seriously, watch me come in a second an hour. tongue.png.)

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't care much for shipping myself, but whatever floats your ship... boat.tongue.png

Edited by Sweecrue

Shipping is fun once you finally get into it.

Of course it didn't exactly take much to get me into it. It was like... one chapter of The Vinyl Scratch Tapes, and a couple of chapters from On A Cross And Arrow.

Great stuff.

I didn't think much about shipping. Then I read The Vinyl Scratch Tapes and started running in to LyraXBonBon images.

And now I can't stop really liking shipping...

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I've also read Ovarloard's fic and I was ready to tear it apart but then I realised most of my complains were about me saying "this fic was too short for my tastes" over and over again (not really caring about canon inconsistencies).

I can't bring myself to write more than is necessary - it's a habit I'm trying to change, but it's not going well so far. And I definitely haven't managed to write anything besides oneshots.

Besides the fact that it was too short, what did you think of the actual content? Do I keep on writing or no? tongue.png I'd like as much criticism as I can get; I want to write but right now I'm... not a good writer, to say the least.

Also since there's a lot of talk about shipping here, I think I'll throw my two cents in. Allegrezza turned me on to the whole idea of shipping Octavia and Vinyl Scratch - before reading it, I never really cared about either of these two "background" ponies enough to ship either of them. That's certainly changed though.

I love reading shipfics, although there are too, too many of those that aren't... quality, shall we say. I really want to attempt one; I've had a few ideas for shipping fics, although I've been afraid that I wouldn't be able to do any of those pairings justice.

and back to lurking and watching extaticus and tornado go at it and trying to write longer fics

OH GOD AND I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED THE HEARTH'S WARMING EPISODE - I had planned to watch it with a friend on Christmas but that plan never came together, and then I left for vacation right after. We still want to watch it together, but oh Celestia this wait is killing me.

Edited by Hohohovarloard

Shipping is scary but fun. 373309_106290982816426_2133623471_q.jpg

It's fun!

You wouldn't understand, you didn't get voted Most Popular Shipping Fic. xD

Edited by gatornament

Now I'm curious what the hell the next episode is going to be about.

I'm also slightly worried about how retarded some of those questions are.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot:

And%252520Then%252520Applejack%252520Was%252520Batman.PNG
Edited by ChristmasJack

Not a fan but should probably let you know, due to some forum drama Retro's MLP thread had to be shut down. so you may see some Retro members come over here now to this topic.

^ There goes the neighbourhood, I guess...

As long as Tweaker stays the fuck away from me, I'm fine (I guess). :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no knowledge of the Castlevania series and I have no interest in starting now (I have a huge gaming backlog that I'm still struggling to overcome)... What are the chances of me enjoying this fic and not getting lost in a sea of references that I will never get?

Also, what game of the series is this fic based of and what console do I need to play it? *only have a PC*

Edited by Masaru Daimon

I know I'm a little late in watching Hearth's Warming Eve, but I finally did so recently. A good episode all in all. Just...I have to talk about Rainbow Dash again. Admiring herself in a mirror and pretending a crowd is cheering her on? Claiming she's the real star of the play? And so damn soon after supposedly learning her lesson a couple episodes back?

Look, I get that Dash's character traits include overconfidence and a tendency to brag, but I'm worried that she's beginning to suffer what might end up being some really bad Flanderization, which is when one or two aspects of a character grow so large that it eventually becomes their defining (or even only) character trait. A good example of this would be Homer Simpson: he started off as a lovable, dim-witted jerk, but by the third or fourth season he just became plain stupid. But in his case, that was arguably a good thing.

But for Rainbow? I liked her so much in the first season because she was just so...cool. Capable, loyal, confident, tough, and generally speaking kind of a bad ass compared to the other ponies. Very similar to our good ol' Sonic, even apart from the being blue and super-fast thing. Yet so far in Season 2, she's pretty just been a slightly more down to earth version of Trixie. That's not a compliment. Her admirable traits are still *there*, but at this rate I'm afraid they'll be gone by the fourth season, and Dash will simply be a slightly nicer Trixie.

Edited by Speederino

I know I'm a little late in watching Hearth's Warming Eve, but I finally did so recently. A good episode all in all. Just...I have to talk about Rainbow Dash again. Admiring herself in a mirror and pretending a crowd is cheering her on? Claiming she's the real star of the play? And so damn soon after supposedly learning her lesson a couple episodes back?

Look, I get that Dash's character traits include overconfidence and a tendency to brag, but I'm worried that she's beginning to suffer what might end up being some really bad Flanderization, which is when one or two aspects of a character grow so large that it eventually becomes their defining (or even only) character trait. A good example of this would be Homer Simpson: he started off as a lovable, dim-witted jerk, but by the third or fourth season he just became plain stupid. But in his case, that was arguably a good thing.

But for Rainbow? I liked her so much in the first season because she was just so...cool. Capable, loyal, confident, tough, and generally speaking kind of a bad ass compared to the other ponies. Very similar to our good ol' Sonic, even apart from the being blue and super-fast thing. Yet so far in Season 2, she's pretty just been a slightly more down to earth version of Trixie. That's not a compliment. Her admirable traits are still *there*, but at this rate I'm afraid they'll be gone by the fourth season, and Dash will simply be a slightly nicer Trixie.

If it helps, both "Mysterious Mare Do Well" and "Hearth's Warming Eve" have the same writer, Merriweather Williams. It's possible that she just doesn't have a very good handle on Rainbow Dash's character. Not saying Williams is a bad writer, just that she doesn't really get the subtler nuances of Dash's character.

As season 2 goes, I thought "May the Best Pet Win" was a lot more balanced, showcasing Dash's cocky impatience, but also balancing it with her kind side a lot more effectively. I wouldn't worry too much about Rainbow Dash being flanderized in season 2 as a whole, per se, but she definitely is in Williams's episodes.

I'm worried about flanderization as well. Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, but her behavior in the last episode made me roll my eyes. It was very out of character of her.

I'm not worried about flanderization though William's handling of Rainbow Dash does bug me. I will only worry about flanderization if it becomes too prominent and make any of the characters unlikable. Then again maybe that's just because I watch Total Drama where every character's personalities are as unstable as hell and I'm just more used to it.

Indeed, the problem pretty much boils down to one specific writer who hasn't really gotten a proper handle on her personality yet. Considering the latest episode was a huge improvement over Mare Do Well, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be able to do that.

Looks like the server is being finicky. Happens every once in a while.

And COME AT ME BRO:

AppleDash%252520-%252520My%252520Big%252520Girl.png

In other news, Jesus Christ I should have stuck to my "No Discord" rule. I'm such a moron at times that it scares me.

Edit: So, SO stupid.

Edit: WHY DID I START READING THIS?

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 1