Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Overall it was a really good episode, touching even! The humor was great, with the right amount of references and nods.

I agree, It was a funny episode! So far, Derpy's appearance in this episode is my favorite, mostly because I seriously did not see that coming, XD.

Though I did see King Kong/Godzilla reference coming ever since I read the summary, and to be honest, it's the only movie shout out I've cringed at, mostly because of how painfully predictable it was. Oh well, I can't expect to like all of the movie references and like I said a million times, it's inevitable

AJ may be the least popular of the Mane Six, but that's all the more reason to give her an episode so she can get more popular. I bet you Spike has gotten on a lot of people's good side based on this episode alone. Fluttershy and Pinkie are already popular in their own right, and Dash, Rarity, and Twilight haven gotten more popular thanks to their episodes too, so where da AJ love at?

I agree... Applejack has only gotten... correct me if I'm wrong, ONE episode for herself and on top of that, one at the beginning of the first season? Fluttershy and Pinkie still need some love too.

But anyways, I'm only repeating what everyone (Including myself) has already said.

I'm really excited for the Christmas/Hearths Warming episode. Reading the summary, it sounds to be a very promising and interesting episode.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

*considers starting serious discussion about AJ's role in the series*

*declines*

This is a thing that exists. I can now die happy. Subdivisions is easily their best song that isn't about oppressive oligarchical foliage.

Edited by ChristmasJack

I wonder if it's any indication of how this show goes that I join a Sonic forum...then immediately spot and head toward the MLP topic.

I'm sure few who watch it would disagree with this notion, as unintentional as it was.

I'd rather not go over stuff already seen, but I have gotten a real sense of confident vibrace from the latest season, like it knows it isn't proving itself any more. Hence we get stuff like this episode, not afraid to push the envelope a little in terms of suggesting underling emotions and writing.

Fantastic stuff, really.

I wonder if it's any indication of how this show goes that I join a Sonic forum...then immediately spot and head toward the MLP topic.

I'm sure few who watch it would disagree with this notion, as unintentional as it was.

I'd rather not go over stuff already seen, but I have gotten a real sense of confident vibrace from the latest season, like it knows it isn't proving itself any more. Hence we get stuff like this episode, not afraid to push the envelope a little in terms of suggesting underling emotions and writing.

Fantastic stuff, really.

If it makes you feel better, there is a guy who joined here and is not even a Sonic fan.

Also, the Sonic Stadium is the best pony forum I've ever been. :v

EDIT: to make this post less useless.

Edited by gatornament

And then Scootaloo sang Jingle Bells (excerpted/remixed from the interview gato linked to above):

Still waiting for the non-terrible version of the CMC Theme.

Edited by ChristmasJack

Holy shit. That Jingle Bells tune? Apparently that wasn't a remix. That was an honest-to-god collaboration.

Best dev team ever!

Holy crap, SSMB is for Sonic? Next you'll be telling me GTP is for a racing game or something!

Holy crap, SSMB is for Sonic? Next you'll be telling me GTP is for a racing game or something!

Quiet you.

Based on suggestions, I made some chages to SEXY LESBIAN PILLOW FIGHT:

Is%252520Best%252520Pillow%252520Fight%252520Coloured%2525206.png

^^^^I was hoping for less clothing to be honest, but that's good too.

But if they were wearing less clothing, they would be....Ah, I got it!

• Thumbs Up 1

It finally happened... I have officially drawn my first pony.

So here we have Rainbow Dash and Sonic in MLP FiM style.

StHRDcolor.jpg

What do ya'll think?

• Thumbs Up 6

Huh, I was going to say that I didn't see Rainbow Dash in that official pic of the next episode, she's really hard to pick out. Eventually found her being hugged by Pinkie Pie.

Better colour contrast there wouldn't have gone amiss. :/

1.JPG

More Christmas special goodness with 20% more RD and Rarity with some Pinkie Pie.

Edited by AdventChild

^^^^I was hoping for less clothing to be honest, but that's good too.

If you think one of the mods would let any of us post a saucy picture then I have some bad news for you.

But enough of that.

FANFICTION TIME! ("Assuming I know everything the author does" edition)

Due a little conversation I got yesterday with the author of one of the fics I'm following. (eagerly following I must add)

Applebloom's family: (Completed?)

What can I say about this little fic.

First, it seems like this story is quite old (or so I'd heard) and just got finished... I'm just saying this for no particular reason, just a little detail.

This story starts with Applebloom who has a fight with Silver Spoon after some naughty comments the little bitch bully made about her parents. After spending some time in detention, talking to Cheerilee and some surprisingly nice words by Diamond Tiara, Applebloom gets curious about the story of her parents (story that Applejack doesn't want her to know... Yet)... So the crusaders decide to do some investigations on their own.

Okay, this is both the greatest part of the fic and one of the things I hate the most about it. (strange isn't it?)

It's one of the best parts because from 2 little pieces of paper Sweetie and Scoot are able to come up with huge stories, both of them heavily influenced by some books they were reading at the moment. Is rather adorable the huge imagination these little fillies have and the huge amount of details they put in their stories is amazing.

At the end of the stories Applejack finds about this and decides to have a little talk with the crusaders.

This is were both stories ruin the fic for me, it turns out, that those little stories made out of 2 sheets of paper and lots of imagination filling the infinite gaps there are sort of true... I really find this hard to belive... You are trying to tell me that 2 fillies that were pretty much doing wild mass guessing with 2 papers (I don't want to spoil too much about the contents of them but let me tell you, they are not really informative) managed to get the whole story behind Applebloom's parents!? How!? What are the chances of something like that actually happening?

The other thing that bites me in the flank is that the author doesn't have a "true story" (not talking about the ending where Applebloom just decides to not find out about her parents, that part was rather cute), he plans to continue having 2 alternate continuities... And frankly (as unique as it might be), I find this disappointing.

At the end this fic has left me feeling indifferent (or made me lose any semblance of interest I had in it), so I don't plan to follow the sequels.

*not rated*

All of a Fluttershy: (One shot)

I was unsure if I should comment about this one...

This little story has an awesome premise... Like... You know those little fanfics that seems like they were stolen from one of the show writers desks (Writer's block comes to mind)? This is one of those!

The problem? That is pretty much the only good thing about this fic.

The story is about Fluttershy, who after a little conversation with Rainbow Dash she realizes that she is not really an "interesting pony" like the cyan pegasus or Pinkie, so she decides to do something about it (at the same time she must solve the mystery of some creature stealing Applejack's orchard).

That's a really cute premise if you ask me, and I can totally see it working in canon.

But as I said before that's all this fic has going for it. You see, this story is (IMO) a mess, most of the time I had troubles trying to read what was going on and some actions seemed confusing and/or rushed.

Which is a shame because as I said before, the idea behind the fic is really good and most of the humor here is great! actually, I'll leave here a little gem I found while reading this:

"I'm warning you!" she said with extra vigour. "I've tamed the manticore, the dragon, the cockatrice and the wyvern (this happens in the fic). I've defeated Nightmare Moon and Discord, and I persuaded Rainbow Dash to adopt a tortoise for a pet. So you listen to me right now!"

At the end (which was quite satisfying, funny and leaved an interesting aesop) I don't feel good because I can't really make a lot of sense of everything that happened in the middle. And It really pains me to see such a good idea being not so well executed...

I guess what I am trying to say is. I would love if I could see another artist giving it a spin to this idea. (there is a shipping fic in this list that deals with something similar, but similar is not the same. Also, shipping)

*not rated*

My little alicorn:

Okay...

At least we find out why Pinkie might be so scared about revealing her secrets... (she might have a little foalhood trauma going on)

I'm still angry with her though. dry.png

The rest of the chapter seemed like both a bunch of scenes having the mane 6 being fillies "just because" and giving Luna more and more reasons to explode in anger. laugh.png

Can't wait to see what will happen once prince Douche makes his move.

Wingmares: (One shot)

This fic is good...

Really good...

Like... Headcanon changing good...

You know, there is something I hated a little about "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" and it's that it was forced to compress 6 stories into 22 minutes. Something that pretty much ruined the whole thing for me (I believe I'm in a minority here though tongue.png ).

This fic tries to give us the full back story of Rainbow and Fluttershy's meeting, eventual friendship and the first Sonic Rainboom.

So... I don't know if I should describe every single scene about this fic, I loved pretty much all of it and I would find myself retyping everything.

Rainbow acting like an ass at the beginning (but with good reasons IMO) but later developing a sister-like relationship with Fluttershy was really cute.

In the other hoof, Fluttershy was her adorable self all along, I particularly loved the scene when she tries to imitate Rainbow. I also like the idea of her failing the course in the Cutie Mark Chronicles flashback only because she was being... Well... Shy... tongue.png

The fic has its negative points though, the story has a rather abrupt end after the Rainboom. It would have been nice to see a little more... But I guess it works fine as it is (I also think this little blank space in the story is where we can fit Gilda).

Also, for being a fic that has "It's, Not, Shipping" as additional tags it really likes to go around the fine line that divides friendshipping form it's more romantic counterpart. But that might be just me. >_> (for no particular reason, I blame Gravekeeper)

But that's it, despite this 2 little bits the story is excellent, it fills a lot of holes leaved in Cutie Mark Chronicles, it's adorable, funny and as canon as I think we will get (i don't really think we are going to get this story expanded in the show). The timing, narration and characterisation are pretty much flawless...

Also, you have to feel bad for the poor cabbage guy... Not even as a pony he can escape his cruel fate. laugh.png.

Rating: 5 Stars

Screwball mio amore: (Completed!)

This is a sequel to a fic called The turning of the Screwball (which I rated 4 Stars)

It continues where we left, with Button Stich learning to light things up a little.

Things go really good for her, because in of Pinkie's parties she meets this handsome stallion named Davenport (the quills and sofas guy for those who are not into fanon). The 2 (otherwise) boring ponies seems to be made for each other, and one fateful day, Davenport decides to ask Button to go out in a date...

This is what kicks everything, Button gets really nervous and her lack of knowledge about relationships and the constant fear that she might "screw up" (ololololololololololol*punch'd*) ends up triggering her chaotic counterpart. (not going to mention when, but it's a rather touching scene)

The fic seems to carry some of the problems I had with the other one, namely, relying on Pinkie's randomness to fight Screw (thought it's not the party pony who ends up saving the day), and some of the comedy and the dialogue/characterisation is not that good (rather, it's good, just not great)

But other than that it was a really nice sequel, the ending was quite surprising and it gives a sense of closure to the Button/Screwball case, but it's open enough to leave place for a potential third sequel (this one with a "The Mask"-like scenario).

A nice read indeed.

Rating: 4 Stars

Where earth meets sky: (Completed!)

Let me start with a mini rant about Cloudy Skies.

He has written

okay stories, fics that made me want to punch myself, and lately he has been using a particular writing style.

Check this fic for example (one I didn't enjoy and like the other 2 I linked, I didn't bother to post about them here), he uses first person narrative and during those moments we really get into the characters head, and it fits with the characters, but I can't shake the feeling that some of the traits are a little... Exaggerated?... Pronounced?... I can't find the right word.

In that fic I linked we get into Dash's head... You know Dash... That little jerk with a heart of gold... Well, that fic just gets rid of the "heart of gold" part and adds a little more emphasis in "jerk"... I find especially annoying how Twilight ends up in the receiving end of most of Dash's negative remarks, makes you wonder why do they hang out in the first place.

Of course, some people might find charming how much of a "lovable idiot who thinks he is always right" Dash can be, even more as the fic goes along and you see things start going wrong and Rainbow just tries to keep face... But I didn't really like that either

But I still consider this is in-character, mostly because I can understand things we say in our minds might not be as we speak them with our mouths or keyboards or all other forms of vocal/written expression you might think of. It's just, that I don't really enjoy his style.

And that's all I have to say about it.

Now back to the fic in question, this little story uses (mostly) the same first person style as "Rainbow Dash's best plan ever" but instead of focusing in only one character we get to read about 3.

And the same I said before might also apply here.

For starters, Fluttershy's indecision is also quite hard to read for me. Dash has a big chunk of the fic acting as she did in RDBPE and Applejack might be the only one level-headed enough to be "tolerable". Actually, Applejack was the one thing that kept me reading for some time (because the situation she got in and her initial thoughts about the "date" were really interesting)...

And it's a good thing that I did.

The characters get better, first of all is Applejacks doubts about the situation and how things start to switch for her as the fic goes. (she is pretty much awesome all along)

Dash as I said acts like a jerk for a big part of the fic for no real reason, but this time the author also remembered her good qualities (which really shine at the final chapter)... It's never explained the reason of her first actions but one can think she was just a bit jealous. (in her own way)

And poor Fluttershy is in the middle of this (but she pretty much asked for it >_>), as I said before her little insecurities are a bit hard to read at the beginning but then it gets better (I actually, think this is more because the fic introduces the other characters, I bet a Fluttershy only narration would have been a bit irritating). Once I read the whole thing I can tell this story makes a great job dealing with the yellow pegasus self-esteem and doubt (this is the fic I mentioned in my All of a Fluttershy review)

I would also like to add, I love how this story doesn't only deal with the 2 main characters but it also shows the reactions and repercussions their relationship has for other ponies (this is the first fic in a long time that has mane characters opposing a relationship instead of all being supportive of it [/bad memory]). I also love the external issue (the storm in the Everfree and the lack of rain in Ponyville), which could have been easily forgotten but it becomes an important point at the end.

All in all even if I have some problems with Cloudy's characterisation this is a really good fic, a nice way of showing a not so common ship (as far as I'm aware of).

I can say this is by far the best story I've read from him. biggrin.png

Rating: 4 Stars

The Sweetie chronicles: Fragments:

130855068225.png

Second chapter of this promising story, Sweetie ends up in quite the charming place, a universe were the elements of Harmony were defeated and Celestia is reduced to a shell of her former self, a continuity where Twilight is forced to work as a slave, an Equestria ruled by Nightmare Moon... A nigh-omnipotent, prankster (goddess-tier troll) and sexually perverted Nightmare Moon...

A world where Nightmares don't last forever!

I would love to point the good bits of this chapter but like in Wingmares, that would mean I have to give you the whole script laugh.png , this fic doesn't really dives into the most dark or most complicated topics that go in NDLF, instead, it just haves some fun at Nightmare Moon's (and the rest of this universe characters) expenses, and it does a great job at it.

My only problem so far comes from some little bits I had problems understanding, fortunately, Wanderer appeared and started talking and clearing up some things... It turns out that sometimes, Sweetie doesn't really think things through, or just assumes something to be truth despite the fact that it might or not be the case... but the author sometimes fails at pointing this bits of information.

The only example I can think right now is during a little scene in the Everfree when Sweetie watches a manticore and automatically says "This is the manticore that my sister fought!"... What are the chances of that happening? Or is it that there is only 1 single manticore living in the whole forest? Wanderer told me that it was all just Sweetie assuming things but it would be nice if I didn't have to be chatting with to the author to find this.

Other than that the fic is still going strong, there were some other little concerns addressed in that little chat (I refused to receive hints when the author offered them to me so I don't have anything spoileriffic to comment about =P) and some other suggestions, but I don't think this is worth mentioning.

And the next chapter... Oh boy... The next chapter is going to show me for the first time why this fic was tagged as a Rollercoaster.

It's about a sad fic, one that I didn't really enjoy... But seeing that world from Sweetie's perspective is going to be intense/devastating/might leave me crying like my 4-year-old niece.

Can't wait for that! biggrin.png

Inkblot:

Nothing to mention here, I'm still not liking any of the sides of this sister argument. >_>

Allegrezza:

I'm a bit disappointed that nothing bad happened (unless you count the encounter with the barcolt who from now on I shall name "incidental brony #2")

Other than that the chapter felt a bit... eh... empty?

I guess this is an intermission or something, we don't need bombs dropping, full comedy or some shocking developments every chapter right? smile.png

EDIT: forgot to add music, here is the "generic track" I listen while I'm reading the fic.

And that's it for today! Come again next week when I will try to tell you about something (I hope is) incredibly manly, even more VinylTavia, Fleur de Lis, and a quirky OC's squad. (Disclaimer: the items mentioned here might or might not make it to the next post)

p.d: What is this GTP thing? Sounds like a really nice Garfield forum! :V

EDIT:

*about the next episode pictures*

So much cloning. =O

It finally happened... I have officially drawn my first pony.

So here we have Rainbow Dash and Sonic in MLP FiM style.

*pic*

What do ya'll think?

Love the colour, love the Sonic, Rainbow eyebrows bother me a little (for reasons I can't express).

Sorry for not being able to be a more constructive critic. :l

Edited by gatornament

http://www.equestria...-confirmed.html

So this Shining Armor has been confirmed along with another Alicorn named Cadence. Well, the other Alicorn might be a rumor. Even it is true, if Princess Luna's change in ep.4 hasn't screw up fanon enough, this probably will also and what she controls is pretty much a mystery as well. Could be Blueblood's mother, maybe Celestia's daughter, or just some other relative of the Princesses, but will be surprising if she isn't, confirming of more Alicorn families. Also, it could be part of this season's finale as well.

So I'm guessing this will be part of a history lesson or a probable wedding happening (Celestia's daughter's??) and the mane 6 will play some role in it, maybe make sure it goes well so war could be prevented or something like that.

Edited by AdventChild

http://www.equestria...-confirmed.html

So this Shining Armor has been confirmed along with another Alicorn named Cadence. Well, the other Alicorn might be a rumor. Even it is true, if Princess Luna's change in ep.4 hasn't screw up fanon enough, this probably will also and what she controls is pretty much a mystery as well. Could be Blueblood's mother, maybe Celestia's daughter, or just some other relative of the Princesses, but will be surprising if she isn't, confirming of more Alicorn families. Also, it could be part of this season's finale as well.

So I'm guessing this will be part of a history lesson or a probable wedding happening (Celestia's daughter's??) and the mane 6 will play some role in it, maybe make sure it goes well so war could be prevented or something like that.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Wingmares: (One shot)

This fic is good...

Really good...

Like... Headcanon changing good...

You know, there is something I hated a little about "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" and it's that it was forced to compress 6 stories into 22 minutes. Something that pretty much ruined the whole thing for me (I believe I'm in a minority here though tongue.png ).

This fic tries to give us the full back story of Rainbow and Fluttershy's meeting, eventual friendship and the first Sonic Rainboom.

So... I don't know if I should describe every single scene about this fic, I loved pretty much all of it and I would find myself retyping everything.

Rainbow acting like an ass at the beginning (but with good reasons IMO) but later developing a sister-like relationship with Fluttershy was really cute.

In the other hoof, Fluttershy was her adorable self all along, I particularly loved the scene when she tries to imitate Rainbow. I also like the idea of her failing the course in the Cutie Mark Chronicles flashback only because she was being... Well... Shy... tongue.png

The fic has its negative points though, the story has a rather abrupt end after the Rainboom. It would have been nice to see a little more... But I guess it works fine as it is (I also think this little blank space in the story is where we can fit Gilda).

Also, for being a fic that has "It's, Not, Shipping" as additional tags it really likes to go around the fine line that divides friendshipping form it's more romantic counterpart. But that might be just me. >_> (for no particular reason, I blame Gravekeeper)

But that's it, despite this 2 little bits the story is excellent, it fills a lot of holes leaved in Cutie Mark Chronicles, it's adorable, funny and as canon as I think we will get (i don't really think we are going to get this story expanded in the show). The timing, narration and characterisation are pretty much flawless...

Also, you have to feel bad for the poor cabbage guy... Not even as a pony he can escape his cruel fate. laugh.png.

Rating: 5 Stars