Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Wait, so this season has, so far, been an improvement on the already great first season and people took to canon!luna but they see one thing they dislike and are now pulling the 'RUINEDFOREVER!' lever?

... Can you see now why I become a fan hater for some of the fandoms I'm a part of....

Wait, so this season has, so far, been an improvement on the already great first season and people took to canon!luna but they see one thing they dislike and are now pulling the 'RUINEDFOREVER!' lever?

... Can you see now why I become a fan hater for some of the fandoms I'm a part of....

I'm a little disappointed at myself because once I saw that post in EqD I was ready to call the incoming shitstorm, but I saw the first 5 comments and i was like "Wait, these coments are not so bad... Maybe I underestimated this fandom biggrin.png".

One visit to Ponibooru later it turns out I was right all along. :l

Now I learned my lesson, never trust in anyone.

I must agree, one of the best stories I read in the past month. It does a wonderful job of building a strong relationship between characters and making in fit within the show's canon without the overused "I secretly wub u, letz B Lezbeans!" subplot forced into it. Even the "steamy" massage scene is done tastefully, builds character and actually serves a purpose in the story besides squicky fanservice(they're just fillies you pervs). If you liked this I highly suggest reading

Apple of my 'Shy' also, it does a similar job of strong friendshipping between mane 6 ponies except it between AJ and Fluttershy.

I read that fic before and I don't feel it was that good, I mean, it does a good job at strengthening (had to google this word n.n) AJ's and Fluttershy's freindship, but there is no real conflict nor ovearching story, or anything that "wows me".

Just 3 cute little (and I mean it, they are really short) stories.

Hardly something that I would call 5 Stars material, but a nice read nevertheless.

Anyway, how about dem holiday ponies?

I love that Derpy

Edited by gatornament

If this new alicorn is Celestia's daughter, it'll definitely (almost) ruin the whole 'Celestia is secretly Twilight's (or one of the Mane Six's, but mostly Twi) mother and she becomes heir to the throne in the near future'. To be honest, I kinda like this part of fanon and find it interesting.

However, the worrisome thing I could find if the alicorn being the daughter is she becomes Celestia's replacement as princess and new mentor for Twi when Celestia steps down from the throne. I'm fine with this if it is at the end of series, but during the middle of it is a big change for the series. If it does last longer than 3 or 4 seasons that is. Not to mention she is still a fan favorite. Also, Dear Princess Cadence (or whatever) doesn't have the same ring to it as Dear Princess Celestia. Her personality will play a factor, and hopefully, it'll won't be Celestia 2.0 since it'll make the switch pretty needless (kinda like how many thought Luna would have been Fluttershy 2.0 before ep.4).

Another thing is if Twilight and her friends are dismissed of their friendship report duties then it'll lose a staple. A staple I don't care much about, but still the Aesop endings are a big part of it. Well, I guess Celestia could be the Yoda and still be the mentor to continue that factor.

Okay, this pretty much big (and weird) speculation on my part about 'if she is the daughter' scenario. Though it'll be unlikely for her to be on the throne so soon, and judging by the picture she looks about the same size as the colt (probably the same as the unicorn trophy wife from Sweet and Elite) and probably not as powerful as the Princesses yet. Also, marriage (and maybe raising a kid if they so decide to do) while duties of raising the sun and other things sounds stressful. Though I think (and hope more) that she is a distant relative or a niece like how Blueblood's a nephew. It is those 'We'll have to wait and see' type of things.

Edited by AdventChild

Faust explicitly stated that neither Celestia nor Luna have any children, so I doubt that's the case here.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan

I'm more worried that the Alicorn thing will contradict canon from the show itself more than anything else. There are a couple of things that come to mind as not making that much sense if there are more Alicorns running around, depending on how they handle it.

In fanon news, holy shit I wasn't prepared to read Heavenly Turmoil. Even better, the shit that happened in it was exactly why I put my "No Discord" rule in effect in the first place, so of course the story that piqued my interest enough to ignore it temporarily confirmed my greatest fears about why I put it in place.

Edited by ChristmasJack

I'm more worried that the Alicorn thing will contradict canon from the show itself more than anything else. There are a couple of things that come to mind as not making that much sense if there are more Alicorns running around, depending on how they handle it.

Yeah, that's more worrisome if more alicorns are introduced and that's why I'm hoping that Celestia and Luna would be the only main ones along with anyone in their blood lineage. It is similar to Kingdom Hearts about how there is one chosen with a Keyblade and then a few games later, there are more keyblade wielders running about. Another example with Digimon that there are the chosen Digidestined with Digimon, then later more people obtain digimon becoming digidestined that it becomes the norm and feels like Pokemon. Like with those, It just makes alicorns feel less unique and rare and more common if more are running around.

Also, lol'ing at the asset names in that Card Creator game. "MLP_CharW_DH_definitely_canon.swf"? Oh, you guys.

They certainly know their fanbase.

Still wondering about what they'll do to explain the new royals; but at least this season brought 2 holiday episodes and showed the character growth has stuck (so far).

Here's something interesting:

As a key member of our team, you will ensure the brand essence and all expressions of "anything My Little Pony" is consistent across platforms…and become a part of making the My Little Pony brand a pop culture phenomenon!

Linky.

Hmm...

The top part's the sugarcoating that lets the potential employee know that Hasbro give a shit about the position being offered, but the bullet points are the real meat of the thing.

lol that job application is so full of sugar it almost gives me diabetes. :lol:

I wonder if all the other companies do these things... I should try to check a Blizzard or SEGA job app.

But that sounds really interesting. Am I reading that wrong or does this means we could end up with a PR guy/gal like Ruby, Ken and AAUK? (the later used to be one of them)

In fanon news, holy shit I wasn't prepared to read Heavenly Turmoil. Even better, the shit that happened in it was exactly why I put my "No Discord" rule in effect in the first place, so of course the story that piqued my interest enough to ignore it temporarily confirmed my greatest fears about why I put it in place.

I no rite? :D

I love and hate that fic SO MUCH.

How do we know that these characters aren't part of the hearthswarming eve episode? (Which will be arriving in 2 days)

How do we know that these characters aren't part of the hearthswarming eve episode? (Which will be arriving in 2 days)

Shining Finger's Armor's VA Andrew Francis just tweeted about recording his lines on Tuesday, however the voices for the show are always recorded a few months in advance. Considering how their characters were featured at a promo event I'm betting that this will be the Season finale.

But all the Season 2 eps are done, according to other info. At the moment, they're recording lines for Season 3.

Considering the synopsis of the episode being a huge play/pageant about Equestria's beginnings or how the ponies get together, and probably being the full bulk of the episode starring the Mane 6, I seriously doubt they will appear. Maybe appearing for a brief cameo (though highly doubtful), but that's about it, and they'll most definitely play a bigger role for the season finale from the look of things.

Ah... I was wondering if Earth Ponies could do something unique compared to the others. Was it already known that only Earth Ponies can grow food?

Edited by Ashley Marsh

New episode revealed? Dunno if I should spoiler it or not, but just to be safe...

http://www.equestria...leased-new.html

"The Last Roundup?" Could this be the Applejack episode everyone was begging for?

INB4 Everyone tells me I don't need spoiler tags, and I feel like a dumbass once again...

Or INB4 people reading the spoilers before I put the spoiler tag in, and yelling at me for spoiling them...

Take your pick. =P

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor