Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

What's this I see on Equestria Daily? The Vinyl Scratch Tapes Season 2?

Why yes, yes I will read it.

OH CELESTIA....

OH FREAKING MERCIFUL ROYAL CANTERLOT BUCKING LUNA...

It's true....

Guys...

I can't believe this, but I'm tearing up as I'm typing this.... no freaking joke.... I'm freaking crying about a fanfic just because it was updated.

Someone please punch me/buck me/shoot an arrow to my knee, this is way too stupid...

Hell, I'm laughing now...

EDIT: Okay I'm exaggerating a little, but the tears were there! (as little as they were) So I'm still up for some internet punching/bucking/shooting.

EDIT2:

The Prince Douche Show starring Prince Douche (and Trixie)? This is going to be fantastic.

Also, I was moved to tears by a. The most powerful shipping story I've ever read.

*shall not read spoilers*

Offtopic: I find hilarious that I found that a fic (and read it at least 5 times) and then I switch to SEGAbits and find this.

Edited by gatornament

The Prince Douche Show starring Prince Douche (and Trixie)? This is going to be fantastic.

Also, I was moved to tears by a. The most powerful shipping story I've ever read.

Edited by ChristmasJack

Oh crap! A story about Octavia and Vinyl Scratch! I love those two! And It's supposed to be one of the best fan fics? Sweet, I'm gonna have to check it-

wait...

Shipping?

Shipping?

SHIPPING?

GGGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! EFF SHIPPING!!!!

Nah, seriously though, I really could care less for shipping. I never liked shipping for any series to be honest, whether it be Hetero or Same sex. Never really cared for the romance genre, and every time I read a romantic/shipping story, I find myself groaning inwardly... Maybe it's because I've never knew true love tongue.png

I do love Vinyl Scratch and Octavia, and I do want to try Vinyl Scratch Tapes, but the shipping tag's making me a little hesitant.

Is the shipping heavy in this story? I kind of want to read it, but at the same time, the Shipping tag's kinda turning me off. I really like the idea of them being friends/rivals rather than a couple. No homophobia at all, (If there's any Yuri/Yaoi fans who immediately scream homophobe,) In fact, Lyra and Bon Bon are probably the few couples in fanfics I don't mind reading about.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I'm not sure what to tell you, honestly. It is first and foremost a comedy like Ballad and Allegrezza; and the shipping is far less the point of the story than it is with Allegrezza, but it is still there. And while it was on the backburner for almost all of Season 1, there were some jokes directly about it in Season 2.

I suggest The Sound of Equestria if the idea is giving you the jibblies, but that story really isn't anything like Allegrezza or VST, nor is it anywhere near as "complete" as those two both are.

Edit:

2099451-131700090789_mother_of_god_super_.jpg

102441%20-%20applejack%20artist%3ARedesine%20Ask_Applejack_and_Rainbow_Dash%20calvin_and_hobbes%20hearths_warming_eve%20rainbow_dash.png

How am I supposed to play Sonic CD when TEARS FROM MY EYES?

For crying out loud, she has her own stocking!

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 3

'The Vinyl Scratch Tapes' are just as excellent as before! It was funny, sad and heartwarming without being polarizing.

I loved the part where Octavia says she might wear the Octavia shirt and Vinyl's reaction, I loved that Spitfire appeared, i loved the part with Berry Punch and I loved the ending.

I loved all of it so much! biggrin.png

As for shipping, I wasn't too sure about the shipping tag(Not that i don't absolutely love the shipping, I just wasn't sure about Octavia/Vinyl) before first read season one but it's honestly rarely prevalent(At the end of season one and a few jokes about it so far in season two) and even when it shows up, it's done well. I came in to, nervous about how shippy it would be but I got swept up in the characters and humor.

Honestly, I say give it a shot. It's really well written and shouldn't be ignored just because there's a little shipping in it. Because then you would miss out on a lot of funny, sad and heartwarming moments strung fantastically together by excellent writing.

I would say that it deserves a chance.

On another note...

Equestria Daily: The Game Now with 20% more gameplay

http://nitrouspony.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Daily-the-Game-275306057

It's really good. :)

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

I love to write Applejack and Rainbow Dash shipping.

Spike/Rarity too.

Edited by Applejack1973

Might take a hiatus from the topic during the lull, to avoid all the shipping fanfic. *puts on hat and coat*

I was wondering, are there any good pony wall calendars out for 2012?

You mean something like this?

Might take a hiatus from the topic during the lull, to avoid all the shipping fanfic. *puts on hat and coat*

Bu.... But... We also have gore and clopfics!

You can't tell me you don't like any of those? D:

Anyway:

This video teases me, because there is no Hellfire. :<

Edited by gatornament

Holy shit, man.

MLP:FiM vs. The Boondocks... quite possibly the greatest thing of anything EVER. AppleJack as Granddad and Rarity as A Pimp Named Slickback is just perfect.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Unfortunately, I've begun writing a fanfic - and yes, it will involve shipping, and no, you won't be able to derive from the following preview which characters are shipped, or even what the fic as a whole entails. So, without further ado, I'll leave you with a 300 word teaser (of which 300 words are liable to change) - enjoy!

A warm, radiant sun exploded vividly over the cloudless Equestrian horizon, its rays filtering through hills, trees and windows to form a shimmering orange glow that blanketed the landscape and punctuated the night that had preceded it. The sky was bleached a burned hue of amber, which soon dissolved into a bright shade of blue as the morning progressed. Fallen snow of the storms that the night brought seemed to sparkle and twinkle as the frozen fields and icy rivers became saturated by the sun's beams. All was perfect – and all was peaceful.

“C'mon, sleepy-head! Rise and shine, rise and shine! It's a bright, beautiful new daaaaaaaaaay – plus, your pancakes are gonna go cold real soon if they aren't in your belly in the next hour!”

Pinkie Pie's relentless squawking, boinging, hollering and singing had more than taken its toll on Twilight Sparkle, who, despite her obsession with logical order and organisation, had once again allowed time to escape her while studying, and had once accidentally managed to waste the small hours of the morning on something that didn't include her much-needed sleep – though with this being the shortest day of the entire year, (which, mercifully, had managed to fall upon one of the few days in winter where the Pegasi had scheduled a temporary halt in the routine terrible weather) the young mare was as sure as she needed to be that the length of the coming night would allow her to catch up on the past week's lost sleep. Though annoyingly for Twilight, Pinkie used this as an excuse to make even more noise and fuss over her – and began to sing.

“It's time to face the daaaaaaay, time to make it snappy – but, you know, first you gotta make it out of bed...”

“... Pinkie...”

“Hello Mr Sunshine, today you're gonna be mine, make 'em Pinkie swear, there's only sunny skies ahead!”

“Pinkie P-”

“WAKE UP THE DAY WITH A ONE TW-”

“PINKIE PIE!”

Keepin' it ambiguous, yo. :P

Good news, everypony! In the spirit of Christmas, a friend has stupidly convinced me to wait until Christmas Eve to actually watch the Hearth's Warming Eve episode. So, because my time has been devoid of new pony episodes, I've written a fanfic.

It's complete, and short.

No, it isn't a shipfic or a clopfic. There go the readers.

But it is Christmas related. I would love you guys forever if you took a look. There are grammatical errors abound, and I don't follow canon fully, but still. Read it for friendship? For me?

Fimfiction link: http://www.fimfictio...liday-After-All

Or, you can read it right in this post thanks to the fantastic spoiler tags!

A Holiday After All

She was broke, both financially and in spirit. The unicorn and her younger sister had moved to a small town seemingly in the middle of nowhere to start their lives anew after a fallout with their parents. The younger unicorn was eager to begin her new life by making new friends and going on new adventures; the elder struggled to make ends meet as a dressmaker who had left behind the chance for fame and fortune in her previous career.

The filly adapted better to the situation than her sister could; she was oblivious to the fact that a single ruined dress – a single disappointed client who refused to pay – would mean that paying the rent on the modest building they called their home might pose a problem.

Such was not her worry to suffer. At her tender young age, the young filly had nothing more serious to think about than how and when her blank flank would be adorned with her well-deserved, long-awaited cutie mark.

As the season of Hearth’s Warming found itself upon them, the little town they had taken refuge in, known as Ponyville, began to sparkle with bright lights hanging off of the trees and strung up along the roofs of the houses. The unicorns, never ones to break tradition, found a perfect little conifer outside and brought it home to decorate.

The signs of the season were everywhere. Each pony eagerly awaited their foal’s performances in the annual winter school plays, and carolers could be found eagerly trotting from door to door, singing ever-cheerfully and looking for nothing in return but smiles from the townsponies. Sugarcube Corner was eternally packed with ponies either searching for gifts or merely hoping to satisfy that holiday sweet tooth. Ponyville was not a snowy place by any means, but the pegasi, getting into the spirit of things, had whipped up an impromptu ice storm that had turned the land into something of a winter wonderland. The colts at the schools were becoming increasingly restless, discussing their upcoming vacation time and what presents they thought their parents had secretly wrapped and hidden from them.

The days sped by, and the town grew increasingly cheerful. Yet the elder unicorn was unable to find as much joy as was expected from the season. The postmare would stop by her house every so often, but empty-hooved, carrying only greetings but no gifts. The unicorn was worried that her sister’s first Hearth’s Warming spent away from home would be remembered for what it wasn’t rather than for what the unicorn had hoped that it would be.

The unicorn, though she did enjoy her shopping, carefully planned her gifts; her limited bits were spent on small items: a storybook here, a toy or two there, as well as some wrapping paper and ribbons to finish the job. She hoped that it would be enough to make what little would be underneath the tree seem like more than there really was.

A few evenings later, after her sister had been put to bed, the unicorn lay in a room illuminated only by the fireplace and the solitary ring of lights wrapped around their small tree, worrying about the fact that she wasn’t able to offer her sister what she deserved. She tried to tell herself that Christmas wasn’t about the gifts, and that it was more about spending time with her family, but sadly realized that she wouldn’t be able to offer that either. As the first few tears formed in her eyes, she almost failed to notice the knocking at her front door.

The mailmare stood there, presenting the unicorn with a message from a good friend she had met after coming to Ponyville. Her letter remained upbeat despite the contents of the note; she explained that her house had been destroyed due to a number of factors including the weather, and so she would be looking for a place to stay that Christmas – would it be okay if she and some of her family stopped in and spent a few nights there?

The unicorn was overjoyed that she would be spending her Christmas with some company, and her spirits were slightly buoyed at this news. That in itself was, to her, a welcome gift.

The next day, when her guests had arrived, they found the house spotless. As soon as the fillies found out they’d be spending Christmas together, their enthusiasm lit up the room with the strength of a thousand of Celestia’s suns, while the adults sat down and eagerly awaited the heavenly-smelling haycakes that were currently baking in the oven. They talked over the apples that the guests had brought, and bonded some more, until the unicorn’s friend’s brother, a striking red stallion, suggested that the girls would have a great time spending a night on the town. They soon departed, leaving the stallion behind to rest.

A few hours later, flushed from the cold and the excitement of the night, they returned home to find her friend’s brother asleep on the couch. As the unicorn prepared to say something to her friend, her eyes caught the Christmas tree in the corner of the room. Gifts upon gifts that had not been there before were piled underneath the tree, the various colors of wrapping paper creating a sight not unlike the mane of a certain pegasus she had met. Ornaments that had been added to the tree shone with the reflections of the new strings of light that hung merrily from the tree and above the stockings over the fireplace. A figure of Celestia seemed to smile down at the unicorn from the top of the tree; she couldn’t help but smile back.

---

In the years that followed, the dressmaking unicorn managed to carve a name for herself in the fashion business. She is old now; her sister has long since grown into a fine young mare, having found her singing cutie mark while going door-too-door with carolers. The younger unicorn works as a voice coach now, helping colts and fillies alike to realize their talents while getting to do what she loves. Yet each year, when the winter season broaches the air and the holidays are upon them, she and her sister spend some time together and think back to the time that they received the unexpected act of loving kindness from the farm pony and her big brother.

To this day, it remains the fondest of Rarity’s Hearth’s Warming memories.

Fin

Happy Hearth's Warming everpony!

Edited by Hohohovarloard

Oh hay, new episode info, courtesy of Equestiria daily!

Season 2 Episode 13: The Last Roundup

Synopsis: Applejack disappears and the friends set out on a journey to find her

Air Date: January 21st, 2012

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I'm actually expecting something pretty big with this one. Seeing as this is the mid-season episode, I'm expecting to see some serious development one way or another! Last season the Winter Wrap-Up cemented Twilight's place in society, and followed things up with the mid-season introduction of secondary protagonists the Cutie Mark Crusaders, so who knows what Applejack's sudden disappearance will bring?!

In before she's dead.

Edited by Hunter the Christmas Fan

In other news:

102876%20-%20plot%20twilight_sparkle%20urban_dictionary.jpg

laugh.png

To quote "some random anon" in Ponibooru:

This is even better after seeing the first definition.

laugh.png

... So wait, the episode where we thought Applejack would get the spotlight... She's actually missing?

So much for the Applejack centered episode. I can hear AJ fans raging right now. =P

Ah, not enough info for now I can't really judge... Maybe we'll get some more insight on Applejack? It may be just me, but I think Applejack had the least development last season compared to other mane six... so maybe they'll surprise us with some great development.

Hoo boy, that sounds like an intereting idea and (even if I really shouldn't think like this) looks like there could be some development but...

This doesn't look good for AJ fans. (so much for having her own share of time in the spotlight >_>)

inb4parentsaredeeeeeeeeeaaaaaad

Unfortunately, I've begun writing a fanfic - and yes, it will involve shipping, and no, you won't be able to derive from the following preview which characters are shipped, or even what the fic as a whole entails. So, without further ado, I'll leave you with a 300 word teaser (of which 300 words are liable to change) - enjoy!

A warm, radiant sun exploded vividly over the cloudless Equestrian horizon, its rays filtering through hills, trees and windows to form a shimmering orange glow that blanketed the landscape and punctuated the night that had preceded it. The sky was bleached a burned hue of amber, which soon dissolved into a bright shade of blue as the morning progressed. Fallen snow of the storms that the night brought seemed to sparkle and twinkle as the frozen fields and icy rivers became saturated by the sun's beams. All was perfect – and all was peaceful.

“C'mon, sleepy-head! Rise and shine, rise and shine! It's a bright, beautiful new daaaaaaaaaay – plus, your pancakes are gonna go cold real soon if they aren't in your belly in the next hour!”

Pinkie Pie's relentless squawking, boinging, hollering and singing had more than taken its toll on Twilight Sparkle, who, despite her obsession with logical order and organisation, had once again allowed time to escape her while studying, and had once accidentally managed to waste the small hours of the morning on something that didn't include her much-needed sleep – though with this being the shortest day of the entire year, (which, mercifully, had managed to fall upon one of the few days in winter where the Pegasi had scheduled a temporary halt in the routine terrible weather) the young mare was as sure as she needed to be that the length of the coming night would allow her to catch up on the past week's lost sleep. Though annoyingly for Twilight, Pinkie used this as an excuse to make even more noise and fuss over her – and began to sing.

“It's time to face the daaaaaaay, time to make it snappy – but, you know, first you gotta make it out of bed...”

“... Pinkie...”

“Hello Mr Sunshine, today you're gonna be mine, make 'em Pinkie swear, there's only sunny skies ahead!”

“Pinkie P-”

“WAKE UP THE DAY WITH A ONE TW-”

“PINKIE PIE!”

Keepin' it ambiguous, yo. tongue.png

TwiLuna?

Edited by gatornament

AN APPLEJACK EPISODE!?!

Well, let me just look at that synopsis...

Mario Applejack is missing!

Edited by ChristmasJack

So to get an AJ episode, we have to take one where she probably won't even be in half of it. Me not happy. I hope I'm wrong on that.

Applejack was kidnapped by owlbears, and now she's missing! Are you a bad enough dude to save the Applejack?

Edited by KaNixmas
  • Thumbs Up 3

... So wait, the episode where we thought Applejack would get the spotlight... She's actually missing?

So much for the Applejack centered episode. I can hear AJ fans raging right now. =P

Ah, not enough info for now I can't really judge... Maybe we'll get some more insight on Applejack? It may be just me, but I think Applejack had the least development last season compared to other mane six... so maybe they'll surprise us with some great development.

About the episode:

Just remember, "A Dog and Pony Show" had a similar premise, and Rarity shined in that one.

I have little doubt we'll be seeing tons of Applejack goodness in this episode. Just because she's missing doesn't mean we the viewers won't be seeing her, wherever she is.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think for the sheer fact that we've been cheated out of an AppleJack centered episode for so long, I'm just expecting the worst. I'm sure I'm probably wrong and she'll probably get some great character development. One can only hope. Plus, there's still that Apple Family episode coming up.

Edited by Snatcher2047