Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

But the fact of the matter is, Superman has done a lot more crazy shit than Goku, even if he isn't pulling new powers out of his ass. Superman is straight up stronger, end of story.

And now to enjoy the salt.

• Thumbs Up 5

Admittedly this is coming from someone who knows very little about the comic version of superman, but this video makes it sound like he's nigh unbeatable except MAYBE against magic users and Kryptonite. 

That sounds like it could be uninteresting if it's written poorly (can't say whether or not it is or not, and I also don't mind extremely powerful characters or even invincible characters, if they're written well.)

This is the same character who has been known to actually be evenly-matched with or outright beaten by other heavy-hitters one-on-one. In various adaptations, he's not that overpowered compared to the rest of the Justice League, if not outright on par with them. In comics, however, his powers are much more inconsistent, and his more 'out there' feats I consider to be just plain bad writing.

Knuckles versus Donkey Kong, huh? That's not even a fair fight, they're on totally different power levels. Knux is going to mop the floor with D.K., and that's without taking his Super Form into account.

I don't know man, DK punched a moon out of orbit so he might be stronger than Knux but I do hope that Knuckles would win, if he doesn't well I'll probably be sad about it but I sure hope Knuckles and Metal Sonic win their respective battles in One Minute Melee.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know man, DK punched a moon out of orbit so he might be stronger than Knux but I do hope that Knuckles would win, if he doesn't well I'll probably be sad about it but I sure hope Knuckles and Metal Sonic win their respective battles in One Minute Melee.

I dunno dude, Knuckles can ignite hydrogen with a punch and knocked the Super clean out of Super Sonic, which power-wise puts his base form on the same tier as literal gods like Solaris and Dark Gaia. Not only that but it's been shown time and time again that skill and mobility are just as big a factors in Death Battle as raw strength. Knuckles is a skilled martial artist, he can run fast enough to keep up with Sonic, and in addition to his gliding and burrowing abilities (things which D.K. can't do to my knowledge), he's also the more mobile climber due to the spikes on his fists removing any need for handholds. My money is still on a Knuckles victory.

Well Knux punching Sonic out of his Super state is a lot different than Solaris or Dark Gaia manage to harm him. First off, it was a surprise attack so Sonic wasn't prepared for such an ambush and also this is a theory,  A GAME THE-*shot*, but since Knux is the guardian of the Master Emerald, which has the power to cancel the Chaos Emerald's power, he could've used some of the ME's power to cancel Super Sonic with that punch.

I do really hope that Knuckles wins but I've started to gain a growing concern over DK's abilities or feats which admittedly, I know very little.

The thing about DK, gameplay aside, is that he's both super resilient and super persistent hence his name. He's also pretty strong too considering he's the only member of the DK Crew that can take out the muscle bound Kremlings. But he hasn't done too many great feats since they mostly involve him getting his banana horde back and beating up bigger animals. I'm not super big into DK lore myself but that's the jist of what he can do.

Its kind of the strongest force vs the unmovable object kind of thing.

I'm fully expecting Donkey Kong to win, but I certainly hope Knuckles wins. Knuckles already gets enough disrespect.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyajins

Lemme just put my two rings in:

EXPERIENCE: Knuckles has spent the majority of his life in isolation, whereas DK has been fighting since he was a baby, as seen in Yoshi's Island DS.

STRENGTH: As mentioned, DK has punched a moon out of orbit. Assuming the Mario world's moon is the minimum size and mass needed to be considered a moon, this means to move it would require over 10 quadrillion megatons of force. (Source: He-Man vs Lion-O) Even if Knuckles is in peak condition, one fully-charged Giant Punch is all it takes to reduce him to a red, gooey paste.

SPEED: Knuckles is definitely faster, but nowhere near as fast as Sonic. (A Death Battle researcher has estimated his top speed to be about 100 mph) DK can keep up with him, especially as he can throw blows pretty quickly, as seen in Jungle Beat.

DURABILITY: In the Mario vs DK series, the big ape gets bombarded by barrels, blown up by bombs, and dropped off buildings- multiple times! And he always just shrugs it off and gets right back up. Not to mention in DKC Returns, he got launched into space and re-entered the atmosphere without a scratch. (Granted, Diddy caught him before he hit the ground, but he survived re-entry on his own) Knuckles goes down after 3-8 Spin-Attacks and getting electrocuted.

ARSENAL: Donkey Kong can counter anything Knuckles throws at him: His projectile-repelling Thunder Clap (Jungle Beat) renders all of Knux's ranged attacks (Fire Dunk and Thunder Arrow, for example) useless. If they allow Super/Hyper Knuckles, DK's Strong Kong power is enough to outlast it. And if DK is given his Ultra Barrels (Donkey Kong Barrel Blast), then he'll take away Knuckles's speed and mobility advantage.

I'm sorry, guys, but Knuckles doesn't stand a chance. Anything he can dish out, Donkey Kong can tank and then give back a thousandfold.  Come the day this fight airs, Team Heroes is gonna need to find themselves a new third member.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lemme just put my two rings in:

EXPERIENCE: Knuckles has spent the majority of his life in isolation, whereas DK has been fighting since he was a baby, as seen in Yoshi's Island DS.

Knuckles may not have been in many fights prior to meeting Sonic but he is noted to be a skilled martial artist meaning that he had at least been practicing before then. It shows too as he's demonstrated the ability to fight a highly trained spy (Rouge) to a standstill; do some significant damage to a squad of technologically advanced elite soldiers (The Marauders), just one of whom was able to hold his own against both Sonic and Amy; and it's implied that he defeated Shade too, or at least would have had her squad not interfered.  He's also quite skilled at setting traps and ambushing his foes; the element of surprise is not to be underestimated.

Also wouldn't Yoshi's Island D.K. be Cranky Kong rather than the modern D.K.?

STRENGTH: As mentioned, DK has punched a moon out of orbit. Assuming the Mario world's moon is the minimum size and mass needed to be considered a moon, this means to move it would require over 10 quadrillion megatons of force. (Source: He-Man vs Lion-O) Even if Knuckles is in peak condition, one fully-charged Giant Punch is all it takes to reduce him to a red, gooey paste.

I took the liberty of taking some (very rough) measurements of the moon in that shot. Even making some very generous estimations that moon's equatorial circumference is about a mile at most. It's impressive sure, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that that requires significantly less strength on D.K.'s part than if it were a full sized moon.

SPEED: Knuckles is definitely faster, but nowhere near as fast as Sonic. (A Death Battle researcher has estimated his top speed to be about 100 mph) DK can keep up with him, especially as he can throw blows pretty quickly, as seen in Jungle Beat.

Knuckles is quite a bit faster than most people give him credit for. He's pretty consistently depicted as on of, if not the, fastest non-speed type characters in the franchise. Pretty much every game in the series (bar London Olympics) has depicted him as being as fast or faster than Tails and he's often shown to be faster than Amy when character types aren't in play. Also speed isn't the only factor in mobility either, between his gliding, climbing, and burrowing capabilities Knuckles can easily outmaneuver D.K. even if he can't outrun him.

DURABILITY: In the Mario vs DK series, the big ape gets bombarded by barrels, blown up by bombs, and dropped off buildings- multiple times! And he always just shrugs it off and gets right back up. Not to mention in DKC Returns, he got launched into space and re-entered the atmosphere without a scratch. (Granted, Diddy caught him before he hit the ground, but he survived re-entry on his own) Knuckles goes down after 3-8 Spin-Attacks and getting electrocuted.

Knuckles has survived atmospheric reentry as well (Advance 1, Advance 2) and actually fell all the way to the ground completely unharmed (Advance 2), he's been shot out of cannons (Heroes), and tanks an explosion to the face every time he destroys an enemy in the 3D games. Hell half the other things he destroys blow up too, he can survive explosive attacks in Battle, and even survived inside one of Eggman's machines when Sonic destroyed it (Advance 2). Actually since he's consistently portrayed as being more durable than Sonic we can really just throw everything Sonic's survived on the list too, including falling from aircraft, both voluntarily and involuntarily (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2), and getting the shit kicked out of him by an evil sorceress (Black Knight). Let's just say they're equally durable and leave it at that.

ARSENAL: Donkey Kong can counter anything Knuckles throws at him: His projectile-repelling Thunder Clap (Jungle Beat) renders all of Knux's ranged attacks (Fire Dunk and Thunder Arrow, for example) useless. If they allow Super/Hyper Knuckles, DK's Strong Kong power is enough to outlast it. And if DK is given his Ultra Barrels (Donkey Kong Barrel Blast), then he'll take away Knuckles's speed and mobility advantage.

Given the speed and direction I'm not sure D.K. would be able to see Thunder Arrow coming, let alone react in time. Also don't forget Mole Bombs, Rock Freefall, and Maximum Heat Knuckle either. As for Strong Kong versus Super Knuckles, let's do a little more in depth compare and contrast:

Super Knuckles

Prerequisites: 7 Chaos Emeralds, 50 Rings

Rate of Drain: 1 Ring per second

Cap: 999 Rings

Notes: If previous Death Battles are any indication Knuckles will have all the Emeralds and at least enough Rings to transform from the outset.

Strong Kong

Prerequisites: Strong Kong Barrel, 1 Crystal Coconut

Rate of Drain: Aproximately 1 Crystal Coconut every 5 seconds

Cap: 40 Crystal Coconuts

Notes: Whether or not D.K. will be allowed to have the Strong Kong Barrel on his person is unknown. If not then the fact that it's restricted to fixed point could prove to be a severe limitation on its use. He will probably have sufficient Crystal Coconuts however.

Really who outlasts who is down to how the Rings and Crystal Coconuts are distributed. I don't see them giving D.K. his cap while giving Knuckles only the bare minimum he needs to transform, that would be patently unfair, nor do I see them giving each fighter only his minimum requirements, since five seconds of Strong Kong isn't all that useful. They'll probably distribute them one of two ways, either they'll be balanced so that the transformations last for the same amount of time, so if D.K. gets 40 Crystal Coconuts Knuckles gets 200 Rings, which ultimately means that they cancel out and are pointless; or they'll give each they're cap or an equal ratio thereof, in which case Super Knuckles outlasts Strong Kong and D.K. is basically screwed, I think that would be the most likely scenario since Goku vs Superman 2 pretty much spells out that Death Battle is interested in fighters at they're maximum potential, something which restricting Knuckles' ring count would go against.

Edited by Bowbowis

...if Knux can punch someone right out of a Super form, what reason is there to believe Strong Kong would work any better? Conditional invincibility is only going to stalemate them as long as it takes for Knux to get a sucker punch in.

Knuckles was only able to punch the Super out of Super Sonic because Sonic was only using the Chaos Emeralds to cross the sea. Evidence suggests that the power of one's super form is dependent on the situation. And this is only further reinforced by what Tikal says in Sonic Adventure: "The 7 Emeralds can change our thoughts into power." The Chaos Emeralds are the key to unlocking unlimited power according to the lore, but that power is limited by the imagination of their user. This is why Sonic can go from getting his shit rocked by Knuckles to fighting a super dimensional time god that eats entire dimensions for lunch. 

Not to mention Knux's control over the Master Emerald allows him to negate the power of the Chaos Emeralds. Just like how in Archie's Silver Saga, Enerjak was able to trump Super Sonic by draining him and the Emeralds of their energy. (And before you suggest they allow Enerjak in this fight, remember that the form required outside help for Knuckles to obtain, such as Finitevus's hex)

DK's Strong Kong doesn't use Chaos Energy, so there's nothing Knuckles can do to force him out of it.

As for Hyper Knuckles, remember that Super Sonic was only given his minimum time limit in his fight against Mario. Even if Knuckles had hundreds of Rings, one hit from DK would make him lose all of them. The Master Emerald on its own can only give him the minimum time for a Super form (As do the Chaos Emeralds, hence why every Super Sonic fight starts with fifty Rings) Donkey Kong can't lose his Crystal Coconuts by getting hit.

Also, if Knuckles brings the Master Emerald with him to the fight, it wouldn't take DK long to realize that it's giving him power. Then he'd just go over and shatter it.

Anyway, here are the previews:

Next week, Echidnas will go extinct.

Whenever a Death Battle is closely approaching and the previews for the fighters have been shown, a group of people that assists in the research for said battles does a complete summary about the characters and predict who would win the Death Battle.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-battle-predictions-knuckles-vs-donkey-kong

So of course, Knux vs the Dong shall be the one they'll be discussing and 

Most of them seem to believe that DK will have this battle in the bag with only one being the exception. I really do want Knux to win since it would suck if not all 3 members of Team Sonic aren't winners of their respective battles but I guess the streak can last for only so long. Just hope Knux and Metal win their battles in 1MM.

Also love that conclusion rap. XD

If the super-sonic punch is considered universally stupid among them all... Why on earth is the moon-punching scene considered legitimate? It's so ridiculously cartoony that it doesn't shouldn't count towards any of the force needed to punch an actual moon out of orbit. The moon doesn't gradually fall towards earth as if it gained inertia from the punch, it just wiggles for a bit, then falls as if the punch pulled a nail out of the sky that was holding it up somehow. And then it gets shot back up into the air by an explosion (?) of bananas, and just... latches back into place in the sky as if something caught it.

Not that I think Donkey Kong is weaker than Knux, (though he does take a lot longer to break through rocks in Country; think he's better at moving than breaking) but seriously...

If the super-sonic punch is considered universally stupid among them all... Why on earth is the moon-punching scene considered legitimate? It's so ridiculously cartoony that it doesn't shouldn't count towards any of the force needed to punch an actual moon out of orbit. The moon doesn't gradually fall towards earth as if it gained inertia from the punch, it just wiggles for a bit, then falls as if the punch pulled a nail out of the sky that was holding it up somehow. And then it gets shot back up into the air by an explosion (?) of bananas, and just... latches back into place in the sky as if something caught it.

Not that I think Donkey Kong is weaker than Knux, (though he does take a lot longer to break through rocks in Country; think he's better at moving than breaking) but seriously...

Because the moon-punching feat is quantifiable, and we've not seen anything before or since that suggests it couldn't be possible.

Can't say the same for Knux's un-Superfying punch. Based on what we know about Super Sonic, there's no possible way Knuckles could force him out of it, unless he was using the Master Emerald to turn the Chaos Emeralds off, as I've stated previously. And if that were the case, the trick wouldn't work on DK's Crystal Coconut-powered Strong Kong. 

Most importantly, you can't really give Knuckles's punch a numerical value. But for DK to move a moon would require thousands of tons of force, more than enough to either blast Knuckles's head off or shatter it into bloody dust.

Because the moon-punching feat is quantifiable, and we've not seen anything before or since that suggests it couldn't be possible.

Can't say the same for Knux's un-Superfying punch. Based on what we know about Super Sonic, there's no possible way Knuckles could force him out of it, unless he was using the Master Emerald to turn the Chaos Emeralds off, as I've stated previously. And if that were the case, the trick wouldn't work on DK's Crystal Coconut-powered Strong Kong. 

Most importantly, you can't really give Knuckles's punch a numerical value. But for DK to move a moon would require thousands of tons of force, more than enough to either blast Knuckles's head off or shatter it into bloody dust.

But it really isn't...

The moon in that game, from what was shown, just does not behave or have the proporties like a real moon does. If it wasn't played for laughs, and the moon didn't fall like it was bumped off a shelf, then maybe you could crunch the numbers and find out how much force it would take to do something like that, as unrealistic as it is anyway. But as it is, you just can't compare the math required for such a feat to this situation with the "known facts" of DK's moon; it's just silly.

On Super Sonic, though... what about crushers and the Big Arm's grabbing move? Those kill/revert Sonic in super form pretty easily. Not that that's a comparison to the strength needed, but it's obviously been done before.

At long last, Enchilada vs Dong!

BOOYAH! CALLED IT!

I guess you could say Donkey made an arse out of Knuckles!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just saw the Death Battle.

Congratulations DK. Yeah, I like Knuckles more but hey, if DK wins, he wins. The proof seems legit.

Well atleast I can say that the battle itself was pretty fun and well-animated. "ohno" FTW!

*sighs* Oh well, guess not all Sonic characters can get their wins though I can't help but feel that they kind of missed out on some of Knuckles skills like the Maximum Heat Knuckles Attack or some of that Geokinesis from Sonic Battle. Also using Boom doesn't make sense but then again they also used the DK show's stupidity as well so yeah. I don't know, like I can understand why DK would win since previous Mario vs Sonic battles, both combatants were equally skilled but DK has shown to be stronger than Knux so yeah.....

Atleast I hope Knux wins his match in One Minute Melee.

Edited by Puli Soni
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah I kinda knew Knux was gonna lose, but the ending was kinda bleh 

Edited by -Ace-

The dong was too strong for nipples. Not that I mind; after two losses in a row, the Mario side of the Mario vs Sonic battles could do with a victory.

• Thumbs Up 1

They didn't use any of Penders' stuff for this, did they?

Weird, I thought they drew from literally everything.

• Thumbs Up 1