Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I'm pretty eager to find out if we get another bipedal "cool" Pokemon again, much like Lucario and Zoroark. I liked both of those to bits and kinda hope the trend continues.

As for those rumors, they're pretty interesting and Pokemon rumors tend to be the only rumors I don't mind hearing about, but naturally I always have a hard time believing them haha.

I swear, if the card theme Pokemon turn out to be true, then I'm naming them after Homestuck's Midnight Crew. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty eager to find out if we get another bipedal "cool" Pokemon again, much like Lucario and Zoroark. I liked both of those to bits and kinda hope the trend continues.

That wouldn't have something to do with the fact that both Lucario and Zoroark are canine based, would it? :P

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't really think anything is going to be playing-card based for legendaries or whatever. Honestly the idea about the star's life cycle sounds more up the Pokemon alley to me (and considerably more badass sounding). Though, I'd really like to believe this generation will continue more off the chromosome stuffs, I'm really liking the idea around it so far.

That wouldn't have something to do with the fact that both Lucario and Zoroark are canine based, would it? tongue.png

I don't know what you're talking about, >:U !!

• Thumbs Up 1

The next "cool" Pokemon looks like a short corgi with a bad attitude and flaming fists.

Oh, and he wears sunglasses and has a cape.

Best Pokemon game confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fire/Grass would have to have Chlorophyll as an ability or it would be completely wasted. Which is why I can see Game Freak trolling us with something like that not having that ability.

With a new Movie 16 poster out, it looks like we've got a glimpse on who may be the next Pokemon to receive an evolution.

kUpsYAN.jpg

Sableye's skulking around with the other Pokemon.

Aipom got a surge in screentime in the show in the few episodes before the Diamond and Pearl saga started, and evolved into Ambipom sometime after. Sableye may be the equivalent to Aipom this time around.

A Sableye evolution? Yeah, I can see that. Its design is relatively small and simple, even generic, and it's one of only two Pokemon of its typing - plenty of room for expansion. Maybe they can actually do something with the fact that it supposedly eats rocks and that's why its eyes are gemstones, because as far as I can tell that's just flavour text right now.

I always felt that Sableye needed an evolution, so it's good to hear that could be a possibility. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Btw, is it just me or does Mewtwo look really weird? He looked awesome in the first movie, but here he just doesn't seem very imposing. =S

I've always liked Sableye as it is, but I wouldn't mind an evolution as long as it wasn't totally ridiculous like... ugh... Magmortar...  or Electivire.

Also, shiny Genesect.  Event Pokémon that won't work for me incoming.

Edited by Akito

I've always liked Sableye as it is, but I wouldn't mind an evolution as long as it wasn't totally ridiculous like... ugh... Magmortar...  or Electivire.

Electivire is awesome! I've never thought of it as ridiculous. Magmortar, yes, is incredibly lame. But Electivire? Nothing wrong with that guy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Electivire is awesome! I've never thought of it as ridiculous. Magmortar, yes, is incredibly lame. But Electivire? Nothing wrong with that guy.

I've just always thought it highly unappealing.  Electabuzz wasn't exactly my favorite Pokémon, either, but Electrivire... I just... I don't know.  Perhaps it's because I wasn't a kid when I was introduced to him.

The only good stuff that came out of the Gen IV evolutions was Weavile, Gallade, Togekiss and Gliscor.

Electivire and Magmortar where ugly and unnecessary evolutions to two of my favorite Pokémon (just like their pre-evos where), Probopass made Nosepass even worst, Rhyperior and Magnezone are just awfull, Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Yanmega and Lickylicky where really unnecessary.

If they are making new evos for old Pokémon in X/Y they better choose some Pokémon that need/deserve an evolution not just grabbing someone for the hell of it.

Mawile and Sabley are an example of Pokémon that should get new evos, Spinda and Farfetch'd are the opposite.

Yanma was terrible, Yanmega was a well deserved evolution, and it's name was a really nice nod to the prehistoric Meganeura species of dragonflies, too.

Also I liked Mamoswine, was cool to have a nice mammoth Pokemon at last, and an Ice type that is pretty good.

The whole "evolving with Ancientpower" to ancient species thing was also subtle but one I liked a lot.

If you want to talk unnecessary, Gallade and Froslass are technically "unnecessary" as they don't add an evolution on top of another, they add a split instead.

Gallade is still cool though, too bad he's overshadowed by many of the other Fighting types in combat. I hate how Conkeldurr just made Machamp almost useless as well :/

Edited by Semi-colon e

Yeah Yanmega WAS a necessary and well deserved, because I can guarantee not a single person ever used Yanma before that.

• Thumbs Up 4

They shouldn't evolve Qwilfish though.

The only reason I say this is so we can keep the ironic thing where whenever someone brings up "forgotten Pokemon", Qwilfish is always first mentioned and so isn't as forgotten as people think it is afterall.

tongue.png

Edited by Semi-colon e

just dropping in here to say that Yanmega is one of my favourite Pokémon designs, period, it's really badass and looks like a monster. Huge bugs are awesome.

If XY comes with new evos and prevos, I'll be happy. Sure some have been a bit goofy, but some have also been really effing awesome, Sableye is one of those Pokémon who could have an absolutely amazing looking evo.

And back to media blackout.

They shouldn't evolve Qwilfish though.

The only reason I say this is so we can keep the ironic thing where whenever someone brings up "forgotten Pokemon", Qwilfish is always first mentioned and so isn't as forgotten as people think it is afterall.

tongue.png

Gen 2 is the king when it comes to forgotten Pokemon

Now that we are talking about evolutions (and pre evolutions) to older Pokémon, can someone explain me why GF makes baby Pokémon?

What's the point of those things? No one gives a fuck about Pichu, people want Raichu.

Why do they make those useless things if people are going to train them just to have the Pokémon they could previously get at a lower level and then evolve it? Why?

Also, they fuck up the games "canon".

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Magneton to Magnezone was a necessity - from a design standpoint.  It desperately needed to be something other than three Magnemite stuck together.  You might say that Magnezone is what Magneton should have been.  And now, it's what it is.  Next on the list: Dugtrio.

Weezing rocks though and is an example of the "three Pokemon stuck together" Gen I evolution design done very right.

Also, they fuck up the games "canon".

Are we seriously discussing canon when it comes to Pokemon evos and pre-evos?

• Thumbs Up 3

Are we seriously discussing canon when it comes to Pokemon evos and pre-evos?

Why not.

Explain me how in Kanto they didn't know that a new-born Pikachu was an entirely different specie.