Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I like it, personally. It looks reasonably cute. Its typing is intriguing, though. If it weren't for the fact that it's an Eeveelution, I'd say Normal-type, but it doesn't actually look anything like its Normal-type pre-evolution, which in any case might already occupy the "Normal" Eeveelution slot. I'd say Fighting, Flying, and Dragon are longshot types for it, but it would be strange if it was the only Eeveelution so far that didn't obviously look like its type the way the other Eeveelutions do. The fact that a Pokemon that on the surface appears to be Normal-type is in fact having its type kept secret does suggest to me that there might be something interesting going on that we don't know about yet - possibly a new type, but on the other hand it doesn't look like a new typing either. Just Normal. Wait a second... on the first page, with the other Eeveelution art, it's clearly sparkling. Maybe it is the shiny form and the real form looks more Eevee-ish. You know what, I actually believe that now. And that it's just Normal. Its type and evolution method being secret might not mean anything. When Zorua and Zoroark were revealed, Coro Coro said that Zorua evolved in a unique and special way. And then it actually just evolves at level 30. So this might be a secrt just for the sake of being secret, to get people speculating (successfully). It's also worth noting that Generation II and IV's new Eeveelutions came in pairs, so I'm expecting another one at some point.

I think it looks adorable, I love it.

Guessing it's a completely new type. But part of me would almost like to say it's Ghost. Something about it just says ephemeral and otherworldly.

Yeah I'm digging it to actually. So far I'm liking all the Pokemon this gen so woo.

As for type, I'm with the completely new boat, or it's normal type. At least I got a normal type vibe when I first saw it anyways.

But more importantly I'm glad this gen will has continuations of older gens confirmed, <3.

As a HUUUUUUGE Eevee AND Eeveelution fan, can I just... 

biggrin.png biggrin.pngbiggrin.png biggrin.pngbiggrin.png biggrin.pngbiggrin.png biggrin.pngbiggrin.png biggrin.pngbiggrin.png biggrin.png

NOW TELL ME THE TYPE, DAMN IT!

I don't see what's wrong with this new evolution.

It's kinda cute, actually. Not Glaceon / Umbreon level of cute, but it gets the job done, if you ask me.

Fucking cute ass Eeveelution. Luv it.

The bow kinda makes it busy compared to the other Eeveelutions, but I overall like it. 

At first I was like wtf is that shit?

Then I can say it's not THAT bad but it's definitely the worst one of Eeveelutions. What bugs me most is it's freaking eyes..They look...wrong. And I don't really like the too girlish look of it. All in all, it's OK but it's the worst one of their kind and it differs a bit too much from all other Eevees even with it's name. ..and those bows... WHY?

I hope it's not the only Eeveelution of this gen. I can hope for one more.

Edited by ArtFenix

I think it's a pretty addition to the bunch.  Do y'all think the inset picture above it is the new evolution animation, or an attack of some sort?  From the caption (which basically says it evolves from Eevee) I'm guessing it's the new evolution style.  I like that the eyes are closed (until its finally 'born'?) if that's what it is.

And the bows do look like they're styled after Milotic ears. 

I would've instantly thought that thing was a psychic type if it weren't for Espeon. I'm betting its either Fighting or flying.

I would've been inclined to guess bug-type based on the big glassy eyes and the fangs, but who knows?

It's pretty cute, anyway (see: fangs), whatever it is. I just hope it's not the only Eeveelution we get this gen.

I'd rather have this as the only eeveelution this gen.

There are a shitload of Pokémon that deserve evolutions instead of Eevee that already has 8.

Where are my Pinsir and Heracross evolutions?

That new Eeveelution is hideous and never should have been allowed off the drawing board.

I pray for the day when were able to see eye to eye when it comes to Pokemon design preferences. tongue.png

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

A Heracross evolution? Heracross is already strong. I'd rather see something that is shit get an evolution.

I hope they don't go as overboard with the evolutions as in Gen 4, it just meant there were less interesting truly new Pokemon and it took the focus off them and onto the old ones. I liked Gen 5 BECAUSE almost all the focus was on the new guys, so they could have their time to shine even if there were obvious expies.

ps Gallade was unneeded but he's cool as fuck so yeah, he's alright. As well as stuff like Yanmega and Mamoswine. You know, stuff that breathed new life into cool but not that great Pokemon.

I'm more keen to see what new type combos we get. Gen 5 was pretty cool with this, with Dark/Dragon, Dark/Fighting, Water/Ghost, Normal/Grass, Ghost/Fire, Bug/Electric, Electric/Ground and now pure Flying!

Now we need Fighting/Flying and Water/Fire, just to have Water and Flying paired up with every other type in the game.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd rather have this as the only eeveelution this gen.

There are a shitload of Pokémon that deserve evolutions instead of Eevee that already has 8.

Where are my Pinsir and Heracross evolutions?

I'm not the biggest fan of the Eevee family or anything, but we've long since passed the point of inevitability when it comes to Eevee eventually getting an evolution for every type. No sense beating around the bush.

I'm a sucker for new (pre)evolutions for classic Pokemon, so I'm glad to see we'll be getting at least a few this time. Gen IV was... a little ridiculous about those, yeah, but as a general rule I'd rather have too many new evolutions than none at all.

...though all I really want is a baby cow Tauros/Miltank prevo. C'mon, Game Freak. I'll love y'all forever.

What a cutey!

I'm gonna guess it's Normal or possibly flying type till we get official info, but yeah, they better fix the Male/female ratio for Eevee cause this is the most girly of all of them.

I think it's probably not a coincidence that all odd-numbered generations have overwhelmingly introduced new Pokemon, whilst even-numbered ones have had a greater focus on developing older ones. This alternating approach satisfies the tastes of both those who prefer totally original Pokemon and those who like to see older ones re-envisioned. The developers aren't just flip-flopping around or doing the same thing each game. This is deliberate.

I do kind of wish that Game Freak would finally fix some of the weird things it's been keeping around for tradition's sake, like the  unbalanced gender ratios for starters, fossils and some other gift-types (is it supposed to make them harder to breed?), needing incenses to breed most baby Pokemon, and Nidoqueen not being able to breed at all.

Emphasis on pointless imbalance being the issue with that first one; I wouldn't want to see only Eevee tampered with out of all of the 1:7 Pokemon just because it's kind of girly. That might set an unfortunate precedent, and I don't think I'd want to live in a world without male Bellossoms or female Machokes.

Edited by Octarine

Male Gardevoirs, Male Gardevoirs, Male Gardevoirs. Make them go away.

I doubt if it's a new type, if only because we only got Dark & Steel because Psychic was horribly broken, so a new typing would be kinda pointless. That, and what else is there?

Male Gardevoirs, Male Gardevoirs, Male Gardevoirs. Make them go away.

I doubt if it's a new type, if only because we only got Dark & Steel because Psychic was horribly broken, so a new typing would be kinda pointless. That, and what else is there?

Food?

• Thumbs Up 2

light

NO.

By Light what do people mean? Good? Angels or some shit like that? Just plain Light?

Illumise, Volbeat, Lumineon and Finneon need a new type.