Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I really do want information but I have patience.

I do wanna be surprised by these new pokemon, that's one thing that did bug me about B/W is that everyone practically knew what to expect and this time we're left in the dark.

Good change of pace.

That's why I avoided the internet like the plague when B/W came out.  I like to be surprised, but the internet doesn't seem to share that mindset.

As said, I don't mind the wait for more information.  We still have a long way to go before the game is released.  I'd be more surprised if they did start revealing new things right now.

This is just like waiting for news on the new Sonic game...luckily, I can wait.

This. Plus, some news on Injustice Gods Among us can hold me over till then.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Still in absolutely no rush for info on these games. Less is more in this case.

The best thing about Pokémon has always been exploring the world and seeing what it has to offer, so I hope Nintendo don't go all out and ruin it like they always seem to do. And if anything, I don't want them to reveal too much so that even the people who normally spoil the games can experience it the other way around for a change. Won't happen, but still.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think we will eventually see what all the Pokemon look like, possibly nearer the release date. I can wait though, since I've still got BW2 to play. XD;;

While I'd never expect it and think it'd probably backfire in the end, I always thought it'd be neat if they revealed a new Pokemon generation like the way they revealed Brawl, with daily info about the game and Pokemon to generate hype. I'm pretty stunned that I haven't heard of another game period doing this strategy, since it was effective as fuck back then. I'd definitely be more hyped if I got like a new Pokemon to see every week or something haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I want for this game? Something like Join Avenue from B2/W2, it's nice being able to get almost exactly what you need (albeit very slowly), and being able to buy stuff such as ether a crap load of water/milk at once really convenient.

I'd be satisfied with just the types of Yveltal, Xerneas, and Sylveon being revealed. We already know they exist but don't know shit about them.

I'd like something to keep me interested in this game, to keep up my hype for it. I almost forgot the damn thing existed.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki

You know what I want for this game? Something like Join Avenue from B2/W2, it's nice being able to get almost exactly what you need (albeit very slowly), and being able to buy stuff such as ether a crap load of water/milk at once really convenient.

This and the movies were pretty fun to do so I wish they would make a comeback.

I got a lot of free lemonades from doing a lot of movies.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

I couldn't get into the movies really. But I would like to see the contests make a come back, and perhaps be more in depth. I really missed them in BW. What were they playing at with musicals?

I do miss Pokemon Contests, they were a nice little distraction after I had maxed out everything battling wise.

I do miss Pokemon Contests, they were a nice little distraction after I had maxed out everything battling wise.

I don't.

Cause there was a lot of horse shit involving Feebas evolving.

Seriously it needed max beauty to evolve and if it doesn't like beauty flavors then your fucked.

I don't.

Cause there was a lot of horse shit involving Feebas evolving.

Seriously it needed max beauty to evolve and if it doesn't like beauty flavors then your fucked.

> 1 gimmick Pokémon

> The whole system sucks

They've introduced the Prism Scale now anyway.

I only really liked contests in RSE. I didn't like them as much in DPP due to alot of the changes they implemented.

> 1 gimmick Pokémon

> The whole system sucks

They've introduced the Prism Scale now anyway.

Thank god for that.

But otherwise the contests are ok.

You just need to prepare to teach moves you don't want on your pokemon.

Getting Max beauty wasn't hard in Gen IV

Never gave caught a fucking Feebas in Gen III because of how stupidly specific the location to get it is.

I recall the first time I ran into one was by random on my first play through, but I had no idea that it was hard to find, just that it was like a new magikarp and I didn't like it. Been kicking myself since, D:

I first found a Feebas in Sapphire by pure luck...but then me being younger and more of a noob I never really evolved it due to me not getting the specifics of raising its Beauty stat to max. I was traded a Feebas from someone (lost Sapphire by that time) and managed to evolve it. I was so happy...

Then I murdered the Beauty competition in the Pokemon contests. Hahaha....

I wouldn't mind seeing the RSE-version of the Contests make a return either. Gen IV's never...clicked with me. Or some other side-entertainment area. Makes me think what else could they add to the series in that regard. We have Pokestar Studios....

Caught a Feebas once after hours of searching for it and finangling with the Trendy Phrase junk over and over. Meanwhile, my brother's first playthrough of Sapphire has him finding a Feebas instantly. D:

My brother just gets so damn lucky with Pokémon. He caught two shiny Electrike in a runthrough....less than 20 minutes apart from each other. I was dumbfounded. I don't even think a Shiny Charm would have given me that much luck.

BTW, Game Freak? Good idea with the Shiny Charm. Keep that in XY please. It's going to be glorious looking at Shiny Charizard and Shiny Manectric in 3D.

I was fortunate enough to find Feebas with the first four tiles of my search.  As such, I caught, like, ten of them because I didn't want to ever have to go through that ever again, and I was fortunate enough to evolve one of them into Milotic.

That being said, it's not a process I'm keen on and I dislike contests in general.  I thought they were boring.  It's like watching a Pokémon battle without the actual battle.  The Pokémon Musical was an interesting idea, and I liked the idea of accessorizing your Pokémon aesthetically, but... they just weren't fun, to me.  I've been hoping for there to be an alternative to battling that would be fun without being too competitive, but I honestly can't think of anything good myself, so I can't fault for Nintendo for not having any better ideas either.

We talking about Feebas? I caught one in Emerald back in the day, teached him surf and traded it to a friend.

When I discovered how rare that thing was I got pretty pissed.

Aaaaaah! The days before the internet! I remember that one time I caught a Bagon and thought that it was useless and traded it for a Rhydon, some weeks later my friend shows me a lv.100 Salamence and says that it is my Bagon. I didn't even knew that Bagon evolved to Salamence so I said that he had to give it back since I only traded it for him to train.

I still remember the look on his face when he returned the Salamence for a lv.2 Zigzagoon.

I always bought the strategy guides to the new Pokemon games. I stopped getting them after Emerald.

That's probably why gen 3 is my favorite. So much shit in that game you'd have no idea existed if you didn't have a guide.

still have never seen Mirage Island, and I never would have gotten the Regi trio without a guide.

I also loved the secret hideouts. ME and myfriend always compared our secret bases and argued about which was cooler.

Fucking love Hoenn. I'd love to see more secret things like that.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki
  • Thumbs Up 7

I always bought the strategy guides to the new Pokemon games. I stopped getting them after Emerald.

That's probably why gen 3 is my favorite. So much shit in that game you'd have no idea existed if you didn't have a guide.

still have never seen Mirage Island, and I never would have gotten the Regi trio without a guide.

I also loved the secret hideouts. ME and myfriend always compared our secret bases and argued about which was cooler.

Fucking love Hoenn. I'd love to see more secret things like that.

The secret bases where the shit. Everytime me and my friends made a Pokemon reach lv.100 we traded records so we could battle each others avatars when we weren't together.

I found the Mirage Island one time and caught a pretty high level Wynaut in there.

There was also that secret spot at the north of Rustboro city that had wild Jigglypuff and Swellow and that spot in the abandoned ship that had wild Tentacruel.

Damn... I really want a R/S remake after X/Y.

• Thumbs Up 5