Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Probably because of the games being X and Y, some people are probably expecting a male and female Pokemon pair and Eevee works out there, and with Sylveon being pink and having a bunch of bows it seems fairly "girly".

Not sure if I believe that myself, but it's certainly plausible.

So Sylveon would have another Normal-type counterpart that's more stereotypically fierce and masculine?  I think that if that were the case, it would have a gender-related name rather than a name related to woodland spirits.  I see the logic, but I don't think they're going to be quite that blatant about the genders.  Given that the cover legendary for X is an obviously male-inspired creature.

So, the enemie Pokémon that appear on the videos are just random ones they decided to put there for some reason or will they be available in the wild?

Edited by Tmsp

So, the enemie Pokémon that appear on the videos are just random ones they decided to put there for some reason or will they be avaible in the wild?

I guess we'll see them in the wild. Putting random pokemons would be rather stupid.

I guess we'll see them in the wild. Putting random pokemons would be rather stupid.

Some of the first screenshots of D/P showed off Scizor and Butterfree, neither of which were readily available until you'd completed the game. They use random 'mons just so they can show off games without revealing too much.

We only know a few of the new Pokemon so it would make sense if they just added random old Pokemon to compensate for now.

Edited by MarcelloF

I doubt Sylveon's name derives from sylvans since we have a grass type as it is. My guess would be that it's from sylph, so that'd make it either flying type or, heaven forbid, fairy type. At any rate it sounds a lot nicer than Glaceon and Leafeon.

Also those battles are looking really swell.

Oh man I can't really tell if this is true but I sure hope it is, the Trainer level thing sounds rather intriguing!

Plus, card suit based legends would be a pretty cool idea.

Wasn't it stated that the new eevelution wouldn't share a type with the eevee line so I think we can scratch normal out ot the list

Honestly I like some of the ideas he mention (lol Farfetch'd evo where the leek gets stronger) but its way too much of a hoax.

I mean he pretty much implied that we're getting 15 new pokemon and the rest is gonna be pre-evo and evos for existing pokemon which sounds way too dumb to do. Why introduce new pokemon when everything else is gonna be from existing pokemon?

Welp I hate to post this but we do need something to talk about.

Some guy on 4Chan claims he has the dirt on the new Pokemon games.

How much of this is fact or how much is bullshit?

We won't know until Nintendo starts revealing things.

inb4itsallbullshit

Oh boy, but I must say I do like the part with the glasses revealing the nature of a Pokemon before capturing. If that is real I'll be a super happy camper.

Edited by Jetronic

I can tell it's bullshit by the 'Bond' system, which is basically describing the friendship value already present.

It would've been more convincing if the OP had said it was an expansion of that instead of a completely new and redundant mechanic.

The 'Whistle' item is also a dead giveaway, as it goes completely counter-intuitive to both the chance-based mechanics and the use of healing items.

And a Bank system? When we could already carry infinite money?

And a Bank system? When we could already carry infinite money?

I swear we could put money in the PC. But yeah, it really isn't useful if you can carry all your money at once.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a bank system or something. You know, some way to stop you having enough money to fill your bag with 99 of every item by the time you've done the fourth gym.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a bank system or something. You know, some way to stop you having enough money to fill your bag with 99 of every item by the time you've done the fourth gym.

I could NEVER do this in Firered/Leafgreen. I have no idea what happened to all gens after which gave you billions of pokemoney.

• Thumbs Up 1

See, it would make sense if that were actually possible.

Also, Mom acted as sort of a bank in GSC and that only meant having thousands in savings by the time you remember to check back home.

It's called hyperbole. But seriously, money and items in the Pokémon games isn't exactly the best system out there. Without limits on either, you can very quickly acquire an abundance of everything and never need to worry. And a good deal of the time, items are only useful in battle because there'll be a Pokémon centre or doctor/nurse on the next corner. I just find things like that are making the series too easy and straight forward. There's no strategy to employ or anything. You just walk from A to B, never worrying about what's up ahead. 

I'd really not be opposed to a limit on the amount of money you could carry on your person, or a limit on what your bag could carry (key items and TMs excluded). I know the earliest games had a limit for technical reasons, but it actually helped the game to be a bit more balanced.

Edited by Blue Blood

^ Yeah I've found that too, the modern games are such a walk in the park. There's so little challenge now, even the Gym Leaders are pushovers - I'm never scared of losing because I've got 9999999999999999 Revives and 999999999999999999 Hyper Potions on me at all times...

• Thumbs Up 3

Uhh...I may have stopped playing the games at Gen 4, but I never had a instance where I was "to stocked up" on to many healing items (especially hyper potions and max revives), and in fact I had to use them sparingly to get through the Pokemon League Elite Four and what not, so I honestly don't understand this complaint at all really.

• Thumbs Up 6