Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Hoenn still impresses me as well.  I never would have gotten the Regis if not for the internet.  In a way, though, the internet has sort of ruined the mystery of the games for me.  So when a new game comes out, I typically avoid all news of it like the plague.

Wow, I come back to this thread and we're talking about Hoenn? Oh the effects a news drought will have on you.

Pimpin the secret base was the shit.  First time I played through Sapphire I just loved all the different distractions it had to offer from the main game of collecting badges and beating the Elite 4.  I just found doing stuff like the Trick Houses, building a secret base (though finding a good one could be annoying because you want it to be in such a place that it's easy to access but is spacious and doesn't have holes everywhere), obtaining the Regis, doing Pokemon Contests (loved Gen 3 Pokemon contests for some reason, they were wonderfully simple yet surprisingly addictive.  Didn't like the Gen 4 ones, haven't tried the Gen 5 ones), heck even training up that little Beldum Steven leaves on his table after you beat him in the Pokemon League into the mighty Metagross then pwning the Elite 4 again using said Metagross was wonderful.

Though admittedly now I just don't find as much enjoyment out of doing that kind of stuff ingame anymore.  Maybe the stuff they have on offer in X and Y will rekindle my enjoyment for it.  Just going through the main line of the game in a game that has so much more to offer can start to feel generally stale after 6 generations.

I would like something like the Secret Base in X/Y, or even like the villa from Platinum.  A proper home base that you can call your own and customise as you please.  Although it wouldn't be much use without a PC and a bed to rest in, I suppose.

Since you guys were speaking of Hoenn earlier, I thought it's interesting to note that today is the tenth anniversary of the Ruby and Sapphire games, which were released in the US on March 19, 2003. Hard to believe it's been that long.

Edited by canderson
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

From Serebii.net, on that Japanese variety show Pokemon Smash it has been announced that there will be more Pokemon X & Y news on the next episode. It is to be a new Pokemon debuting; along with a little clip of said new 'Mon. 

How's that for new news huh? 

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

• Thumbs Up 5

Happy to see the U.S. branches of Pokemon also having something to reveal as well. 

Oh and Junichi Masuda will be Pokemon Smash as well; so you know it's going to be really legit.

Let's all hope the new pokemon is a dolphin. Seriously, If we don't get a dolphin mon this generation I'm gonna rage.

Let's all hope the new pokemon is a dolphin. Seriously, If we don't get a dolphin mon this generation I'm gonna rage.

If we do get one, I'm going to name him or her Ecco.

It's...kinda self-explanatory.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

Oh fiddlesticks - I'll be away for a week, almost certainly without Internet access, from the day before.

Vedj: And why exactly? So far we've always gotten two, so what gives you the idea it'd be any different this time around?

Vedj: And why exactly? So far we've always gotten two, so what gives you the idea it'd be any different this time around?

Because the marketing materials have given no indication that there's a second. So far we've had all these promos with Sylveon alongside the others including the upcoming Pikachu short, so having a second turn up later and just get tagged on would be quite odd. 

Yeah, if there was to be another Eeveelution, it would've been shown alongside Sylveon and not saved for a later reveal.

Just gimme a dragon dual-type that isn't a legendary. 8[ I still hate how leggies have so many of the cool dragon combos (dragon/steel, dragon/ghost, etc).

Also a pegasus.

I figure we'll probably see a new Pokemon, but I wouldn't mind seeing a glimpse of some new mechanics in the game itself.

Just gimme a dragon dual-type that isn't a legendary. 8[ I still hate how leggies have so many of the cool dragon combos (dragon/steel, dragon/ghost, etc).

Also a pegasus.

Careful with that last one, or they'll just give Ponyta an alternate evolution.  Mind you, a fire-maned Pegasus wouldn't be bad . . .

Careful with that last one, or they'll just give Ponyta an alternate evolution.  Mind you, a fire-maned Pegasus wouldn't be bad . . .

No, they will make a Ponyta ripoff with Flame Charge even though it isn't Fire-type.

Also a pegasus.

I'm guessing the pseudolegendaries don't count?

We've also got Altaria, Flygon and Kingdra, but (pesudo)legendaries of those types exist too.

I would like to see a Dragon/Bug type. 4x Weakness to Ice.....2x weakness to Rock, Flying..I swear Yanmega was the closest we would have got to that type combination.

I would like to see a Dragon/Bug type. 4x Weakness to Ice.....2x weakness to Rock, Flying..I swear Yanmega was the closest we would have got to that type combination.

Honestly, Flygon was closer. I'm personally wondering if a Dragon/Grass type will come into existence eventually.

Bug isn't weak to Ice.

Dragon/Grass would be cool even if it was 4x weak to Ice like many of the other Dragons. Poison/Dragon would be weird but I think it could be doable.