Awoo.

Star Wars

• 3 weeks later...

From IGN: Long Lost Star Wars Bloopers and Outtakes Found Man unearths never before seen footage on LaserDisc bought off eBay.

"A man reportedly paid $699 on eBay for 30 minutes of never before seen Star Wars footage from an old LaserDisc.

The Verge claims the man who bought the Return of the Jedi LaserDisc online has been posting snippets from the footage -- said to be upwards of 50 raw scenes and behind-the-scenes shots -- on his Facebook account.

Check out the unseen footage from 1977's Episode IV that he's posted online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VrvKjRhZIg

Via LiveLeak."

Note: There is no sound on the first few clips -- this isn't an error -- original sound wasn't present.

Here is some footage of Frank Oz doing Yoda: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3bf_1382854845

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Disney's announced a new online game called "Star Wars: Attack Squadrons".

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5220566/disney-announces-new-star-wars-attack-squadrons-online-game

Even though Disney shuttered LucasArts earlier this year, Star Wars fans have at least one more game to look forward to. Disney Interactive today announced the upcoming Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, a free-to-play online game featuring some of the franchise’s most famous ships in huge multiplayer dogfights. The game was developed by new game studio Area 52, and Disney will launch a closed beta of the game in the new year. 

Rumors surrounding Attack Squadrons began to bubble up shortly after Disney closed LucasArts, when the company was seen registering multiple domains seemingly related to the new game. It seems that Lucas-inspired gaming is alive and well: along with this new game, fans can already expect the new, DICE-developed Star Wars: Battlefront, which debuted at E3, to land in 2015.

And here's a teaser as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiVu_nPJft4

The concept seems promising, I just hope that they can deliver on it well.

Also Battlefront 3 get hype. I expect maybe early 2015? 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. First things first.

Introductions.

First got into Star Wars via playing Battlefront 2 at a friends house, and loved the game. Thought I'd try out the films, and so I bought the Original Trilogy on DVD. This was about December 2005 or 2006. Can't remember which. But after watching the Original Trilogy, I wanted the prequels and got them within a month of owning the OT. I then claimed Battlefront 2 for my own the Christmas after. From there, my collection grew. The first two novels I owned were Republic Commando: Hard Contact [grown to love that series and was a bit upset to know it got cancelled because of The Clone Wars] and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Went on to track down many more of the books and started to collect some of the LEGO Star Wars sets. I came to regard the novels as the rightful canon of the series for a time, before coming to realise its classification within the Star Wars system.

In terms of The Clone Wars, I first found out about it through film reviews, but never actually saw it. Upon learning of an impending TV Series of TCW, I was naive enough to think they were turning the film into a TV series, until that is, when I saw a few episodes of Season 1 while holidaying in America. I instantly came to love the series, and followed it through all the way, buying each season box set near enough release. While there are a few episodes I find obnoxious, especially those where overly comical parts are added for the sake of being added, I pretty much like it all.

In terms of the games, I've played through both LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga and III to completion, played both Force Unleashed games [also own the respective books], now own all Battlefront's, and played Rouge Squadron 2. Still say Battlefront 2 is the best in terms of modes, but Battlefront 1 for everything else [and also the fact that the only exposure to SWB2 I now have is through the PSP version due to a weird fault in the PC version]. I like all the LEGO games, and I was very excited upon hearing that a new Battlefront would finally be coming after all these years of rumours.

I can't really think of anything else to add at the moment, other than the fact that Episode I is my favourite of the saga of films. Despite what others say, I feel that Epsiode I is good due to the fact that, while there were a few parts out of place, its pace was well set out. The beginning of the blockade immediately gave us a plot heading, which then led into the battle at the end, showed us important characters that would return, and who can forget the battle between Maul and Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan.

Second would be Empire, followed by Jedi, Sith, and Clones last. Attack of the Clones is the worst for me because of its bad execution, and especially the romance scenes. The only redeeming factors I can think about it are the battle between Jango and Obi-Wan, and the entire Battle of Geonosis sequence, including the final duel between Dooku and Yoda.

Recently bought the Complete Blu-Ray saga, but have only watched the first two episodes so far. Excited for the new show of Rebels, and really want this year to have more Star Wars surprises. And as you've probably guessed, Darth Maul is my favourite character, and I was glad he returned in The Clone Wars, if only for a brief few episodes.

Today for my birthday I got two LEGO Star Wars sets, the new AT-AP walker and the Kashykk Clone Troopers battle pack. Really good sets.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Mark Hamill is getting into shape:

From Celebration Europe last summer:

20140122-mark-hamill-alt-bg.jpg

And now from a reddit Q&A yesterday:

20140122-mark-hamill-neu-bg.jpg

http://www.starwars-union.de/nachrichten/13637/Mark_Hamill_bringt_sich_offenbar_in_Form/

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vvul8/mark_hamill_here_in_an_ama_far_far_away/

Guy needs a new shirt :V

• Thumbs Up 4

A brand new character has been announced for Star Wars Rebels!

His name... Chopper!

Pictures:

tony_tony_chopper_01_by_candycanecroft-d

Er.. sorry. Wrong picture.

REB_IA_482_L.jpg

REB_IA_413_L.jpg

REB_CA_197.jpg

www.moviepilot.de/news/star-wars-rebels-interview-mit-produzent-dave-filoni-127542

There's a video on the site where Filoni and his team talk about a bit.

He's apparently grumpy and does what he feels like, even if it includes ignoring orders. Filoni sums it up with "If R2 is your favorite dog, Chopper's a cat.

The site is in German, but the video is English. I believe the site got the exclusive first reveal for this, so I dunno if any English sites have it up yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

We have a voice actor confirmation for Rebels: Freddie Prinze Jr. will be voicing the character Kanan, who is described as a "cowboy Jedi"
1392149574000-REB-IA-443.jpg1392150008000-XXX-REB-IA-1348.jpg

Rebels takes place 14 years after the last of the movie prequels, 2005'sStar Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith, when the evil Emperor enacted "Order 66" to wipe out all the Jedi in the galaxy, sending the likes of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda into hiding.

Since then, Kanan has been on the down-low, too. He keeps his lightsaber under lock and key and brandishes a blaster instead to avoid the attention of the Empire, especially the Inquisitor (a Sith villain) and his Stormtroopers. But Kanan gets his Force-ful groove back with his crew on the spaceship The Ghost and fights back against the imperial menace.

"He's been forced to shove a massive part of his life under the bed, so to speak," Prinze says. "Is he living a lie? At a certain point, the lie kind of becomes the reality. And to suddenly be forced back into your Jedi ways, it'd be a bit of a challenge for him. And pretty awesome, too, when you can see what a Jedi can actually do."

Executive producer Dave Filoni describes Kanan as a "cowboy Jedi." And unlike the stoic knights of his order in the Star Wars mythos, his banter is as sharp as his blue lightsaber strokes.

There is some melancholy, too. Kanan lived through the attempted extinction of an entire culture when Order 66 came down during his formative years, and he's massively affected by it, says Prinze.

"He definitely has seen more than what a young man should see. And what he had to see was pretty much the worst thing you would have to witness."
Prinze probably would have accepted any role on Star Wars Rebels, be it a bounty hunter, Sith lord or even a TIE Fighter pilot, but "the Jedi is who you want to be," he says. "I never wanted to be C-3PO. That would suck to just be running from bad guys."

In addition to voicing Kanan, Prinze is prepping his 4-year-old daughter Charlotte, one of two kids he has with actress wife Sarah Michelle Gellar, to watch the original Star Wars. That's "so she can know just how awesome a lightsaber is and she can know just how awesome her daddy is for the rest of his life.''

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/02/11/freddie-prinze-jr-star-wars-rebels-first-look/4802651/

There's a video at the link where you can hear him and where they talk a bit about the character.

The voice is a pretty good choice and surprising. I never expected Prinze to do a voice here.

We also get a better look at how people will look in the show. To me it looks like a more rounded Clone Wars mixed in with Disney characters. I like it.

By the way, last September there was a rumor about who would be doing voices for the show and Freddie Prince Jr. was one of them:

THR/HeatVision has learned that David Oyelowo, Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Taylor Gray and Steven Jay Blum are in the process of being cast as the voice leads for the series, which will make its debut in fall 2014.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rebels-david-oyelowo-634717

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, these last two posts have been.

But I still don't get how Germany gets the bonus content aired first? Have Germany usually had all of The Clone Wars aired before the USA? And how long is the timeframe between the releases of the USA and German releases? That might go someway to telling us when the USA might be getting the bonus content.

This is the first time we've gotten them first. I don't know how it is in pay-TV, but it usually took about a year to get on Free-TV.

Hmm. Odd.

Maybe LucasFilm will just surprise us by announcing the day before that it'll be on, but that is so very unlikely. I'm guessing after the German release, they'll announce it for the rest of the world.

And if The Clone Wars wikia is to be believed, there's a multitude of episodes each week showing, with 13 in total.

Funny I never posted here before since I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan. I mean, I don't know too much of the Extended Universe but I've seen the movies enough times to know the locales, the characters and vehicles! I first watched the original trilogy whenThe reason why Zombi U didn't sell too great is because it wasn't that good of a game in the first place. Didn't help either that they added NO online multiplayer which could've made the whole survival experience in the game so much better. Had they put more effort I was about 10 years old and I loved the original trilogy and Episode I a lot...until my teenage years when I noticed just how mediocre it really was. But I still enjoy Episode III! As for my favourite character...hmmm, I'd say Boba Fett. Cos he's a badass!

On the animation front, I really liked the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars episodes (even if the animation looked awkward at times) and whilst I haven't watched the entire series of Clone Wars the episodes I have watched ranged from really good to not so good. With these new episodes coming out soon, I'm hoping we get some closure on Ahsoka and Darth Maul (I still can't believe Maul is back).

I've also played some Star Wars video games though it's mostly been the LEGO ones which are always amazing and Star Wars Battlefront I and II, with II being my favourite. And can I just say I'm absolutely PUMPED for the new Battlefront? I know it's EA but I don't care, I just want to see Battlefront III with lush HD graphics! So soon, so very soon!

Now that that's out of the way, I can finally comment on the new series Star Wars Rebels. It looks and sounds decent, and if it's set 14 years after Episode III, will this mean more Boba Fett and his epic backstory? XP I'm looking forward to it, heehee.

• Thumbs Up 1

The story of Maul is being disclosed in a comic, it was revealed, with the Clone Wars team working with the writer of that story to make sure it is factually correct to what the episode [arc] would have been like. As for Ahsoka, no idea. They might just keep her backstage until a story of interest makes them want to use her again.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Final Season, "The Lost Missions," to Hit Netflix on March 7

Exclusive Licensing Agreement with The Disney/ABC Television Group Brings Star Wars Content to Netflix Streaming Members for the First Time

The Galactic Republic, Disney/ABC Television Group, Lucasfilm, and Netflix Inc. today announced the highly anticipated debut of the sixth and final season of the Emmy® Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars exclusively to Netflix members in the US and Canada on Friday, March 7. Accompanying the 13-episode new season dubbed "The Lost Missions" will be the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars saga, which includes several director's cut episodes never seen on TV as well as the feature film. This multi-year agreement also makes Netflix the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

In these eagerly anticipated episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker's closest relationship is tested to its limits, and what

Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Fans will not only be able to watch the thrilling finale, they'll be able to see more of Star Wars: The Clone Wars than ever before as Netflix will also stream the director's cut of seasons one to five.

"Stars Wars is one of the most iconic franchises of all time and this series joins a long line of Disney content that Netflix members are and will continue to enjoy for years to come," said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. "The Clone Wars marks an important moment as Netflix welcomes more and more first-run content from The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries."

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the first time any Star Wars content has been available for Netflix streaming members. The deal follows a recent announcement from Netflix and The Walt Disney Company to bring multiple original series based on Marvel characters to the service in 2015.

Netflix will be the exclusive US subscription television service for first-run, live-action, and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature, and Lucasfilm beginning in 2016. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC Entertainment Group and Disney Channel films and TV shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-final-season-the-lost-missions-to-hit-netflix-on-march-7.html

• Thumbs Up 1

Great...

I'd rather have it air on CN UK five months after versus it going on Netflix. My internet isn't good enough to watch it. angry.png

How good is your internet to watch it on Dailymotion or Youtube?

After all, we know it's going to happen.

This is good news though. We don't have to wait long. Although the UK does.

Fantastic! This means I can now catch up on the entire series with my Netflix account.

Hope these will be available on the UK Netflix too, else I'll have to use Unblock US to get on to US Netflix.