Awoo.

Star Wars

Well, I guess if the staff want to merge my topic with that one, they can do? Otherwise, hey, Star Wars! 

Everything before the server wipe lost, so to get the ball rolling again - Star Wars Celebration is in less than a month.

It's confirmed both Episode VII, Rebels Season 2, and Battlefront will be around. So look out for them if you're going.

Merged the two topics so other people could see the OP for the other one in case it had something special in it.  Please keep all Star Wars discussions in this thread!

Not long now for the Star Wars announcements. Can't wait to hear more about Battlefront and the Force Awakens!

It's been a bit, but what did everyone think of the Rebels finale? I thought it was great. Seeing Ahsoka was expected especially after you could clearly hear Eckstein's voice in her last appearance as Fulcrum, but it was still cool nonetheless. Though, I'm not a huge fan of her attire. It looks too Jedi-ish. This is fan-made, but I saw this a while back and liked the one with the jacket and was hoping for something in this direction:

21oujcm.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/458311699552606060/

The white lightsabers are a  pretty cool idea, though.

By the way anyone watch the Rebel-Recon for the finale? They talk a bit about season 2 and show some concept art and it's gotten me really excited for season 2. It feels like season 1 was just the prologue and season 2 is where the show really starts.

Also that fan-made Tie-Fighter anime short is finally done:

It's pretty awesome. Amazing that it was mostly made by one guy. The music, while pretty cool on it's own, is kind of unfitting for Star Wars, in my opinion, though.

Everything before the server wipe lost, so to get the ball rolling again - Star Wars Celebration is in less than a month.

It's confirmed both Episode VII, Rebels Season 2, and Battlefront will be around. So look out for them if you're going.

We should also get some Rogue One information.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, guys, GUYS. Live action show semi-imminent?

Rumor: Live Action Star Wars TV Show Close But Waiting on Movies; Could Star Character From Books

There will be a live action Star Wars TV show. That’s not me using The Force either, it’s a fact. When Disney bought Lucasfilm one of the things they were most excited about was the possibility of putting a Star Wars show on ABC, just like they did with Marvel. It’s going to happen. The only question is “when?”

With Marvel’s show, the company exhibited patience. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D didn’t premiere until Fall 2013, which was after Iron Man 3 was released. So there was already seven Marvel movies in the can to raise awareness and help build that world. There were also two movies (Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier) coming right after that to tie into the film.

The latest rumor about the live action Star Wars TV show is Disney wants to employ a similar strategy. They are waiting to launch the TV series until the movies are in full swing. Also, it could star a character who first gets introduced in the books. Read more below.

The Star Wars TV Show rumor comes from Cinelinx, so again take it as a rumor. That said, it makes logical sense.

According to their report, the Lucasfilm Story Group is already thinking about the live action show, but they won’t move forward until the production schedules for the movies are more settled. This way, they can jump in and film the show at Pinewood, on the actual sets being used in the movies. (You assume they’d only shoot partially at Pinewood, cause they’ll need their own sets too.) That would also allow the films to create and reintroduce the world to audiences.

As it stands now, we’ve heard Rogue One and Episode VIII will have very little time between productions, maybe even overlapping a bit. Then, who knows what’s happening with the 2018 spin-off and Episode IX. Somewhere in the middle, when the production schedule gets settled, into a groove and the crew has openings, that’s reportedly when the company move forward with the show.

Cinelinx also reports early discussions have the show starring a character from one of the books. Whether that’s a book that’s already out, or coming out, we don’t know for sure. We also don’t know what time period the show would take place in, but if they are using the sets from the movies, it’s almost certainly going to be during the Sequel Trilogy and beyond.

Lots to digest here but it seems like those Star Wars underground scripts George Lucas and team had been working on are going to become a thing of legend. How would you handle a live action Star Wars TV show?

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-star-wars-tv-show-waiting/

I've been wanting a live action show since Battlestar Galactica showed us all that such a thing could be amazing. This should happen I'd be able to more readily get into it than the cartoons, and it could be a real competitor to things like Gotham, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. etc.

I hope it doesn't air on ABC. Agent's of SHIELD looks dirt cheap and I really don't want that for Star Wars. Netflix would be cool.

A Live-Action show would be pretty cool, though.

It would be very nice to have another live action sci-fi show on TV again with actual spaceships and alien planets in it. It seems Doctor Who is the only show like that left, and so much of that takes place in the past on Earth and we rarely see ships besides the Tardis. In fact, it's one of the things that bugs me about Rebels, how they rarely go anywhere other than Lothal (and, in an animated show that's basically a sequel to Clone Wars, you really can't point to budget constraints as a reason for such a huge limit on locations). 

As for the season finale of Rebels, well, look at my profile pic. That should give you some indication of how I felt about it. I was thoroughly satisfied and I'm hopeful about the prospects for season 2. I think one of the drawbacks to the first season, for me at least, was the absence of familiar characters. Obviously, it's not essential, because I watched the season and enjoyed it, and I came to like all the main characters. But that took time, whereas with Clone Wars, I knew so many of the characters already, so it was easier for me to get into the series. That might be why I was so happy to see Ahsoka. That being said, she was actually my second guess; my first guess at the identity of Fulcrum was Princess Leia. Then again, Leia would be 14 at this time, whereas Ahsoka is 31. It makes more sense for her to be directly involved in the founding of the Rebellion than Leia. 

Anyways, I really do hope we get some insight into what Ahsoka's been up to in the 15 years since she left the Jedi Order. That's a lot of time, after all. 

I think this is super cool. Refine this a bit and I'd totally love to see a Star Wars animated feature with this art/animation style. 

It would be very nice to have another live action sci-fi show on TV again with actual spaceships and alien planets in it. It seems Doctor Who is the only show like that left, and so much of that takes place in the past on Earth and we rarely see ships besides the Tardis. In fact, it's one of the things that bugs me about Rebels, how they rarely go anywhere other than Lothal (and, in an animated show that's basically a sequel to Clone Wars, you really can't point to budget constraints as a reason for such a huge limit on locations).

Sure you can. George Lucas put a a lot of his own money into Clone Wars since it was his pet project. The budget was much higher than your typical TV show, including Rebels.

Also, in my post on the last page I posted the latest Rebel Recon where they talk about season 2 and they mention that there will be more planet hopping in season 2.

I think this is super cool. Refine this a bit and I'd totally love to see a Star Wars animated feature with this art/animation style. 

C'mon, I posted that four posts ago :,(

We should also get some Rogue One information.

While that is a possibility, I don't see them giving it any more focus than it needs. Sparse announcements or info drops here and there, but nothing too big that it overshadows Episode VII.

While looking through the event schedule, for some company-panel events they're talking about discussing past and future, which makes me think a whole load of announcements are incoming.

Sure you can. George Lucas put a a lot of his own money into Clone Wars since it was his pet project. The budget was much higher than your typical TV show, including Rebels.

I wasn't aware of that. That could explain some things then, yes. 

I thought the reason for Rebels being Lothal-centric was because the show writers wanted it to be that way, and have a more central location. Still, I'm not complaining, I am really enjoying Rebels so far and I'm looking forward to Season 2 (Ahsoka 's back yeeeessss).

Also, bought the PSP version of Star Wars Battlefront II on my Vita yesterday. Despite the wierd controls, I'm enjoying it. I loved this game on PS2 when I was younger.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought the reason for Rebels being Lothal-centric was because the show writers wanted it to be that way, and have a more central location. Still, I'm not complaining, I am really enjoying Rebels so far and I'm looking forward to Season 2 (Ahsoka 's back yeeeessss).

While I am also an admirer, I much prefer Ahsoka's front. ;)

EDIT: So, I was re-watching Rebels last week and I noticed that there's now a new prologue attached to Spark of Rebellion. I don't know which of you may have seen it, but here it is, for those who haven't yet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaql4LVFYmU

It was a nice surprise to hear James Earl Jones reprise his role as the voice of Darth Vader. Does anyone know if he'll be voicing Vader in season 2?

>May 1st

>Not May 4th

I am dissapoint >:U

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Wars Saga Digital Release has a new fanfare before the films!

I went ahead and bought the new digital releases of Star Wars tonight. Surprise, surprise:

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/586387893318369280

I bought them on Amazon and I was surprised to put on The Phantom Menace and find a new fanfare replacing the Twentieth Century Fox fanfare we’ve all had attached to the films for the last few decades.

The new era is upon us! This is likely what we’ll hear when we watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens this December!

*A New Hope still has the classic Fox fanfare.

Source
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Star Wars Saga Digital Release has a new fanfare before the films!

Source

I'm gonna miss the good 'ol 20th Century Fox fanfare, but this sounds pretty nice too! I won't be surprised if The Force Awakens ends up using this fanfare during or after the Disney opening logo.

I really like the new intro music, suitably epic. The 20th Century Fox one is a classic, but this works too. The Stormtrooper design is pretty neat.

God I can't believe the last time I saw Star Wars on the big screen was Revenge of the Sith. Hnnnggg so excited!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like the new intro music, suitably epic. The 20th Century Fox one is a classic, but this works too. The Stormtrooper design is pretty neat.

God I can't believe the last time I saw Star Wars on the big screen was Revenge of the Sith. Hnnnggg so excited!

Me too! And for us Britons, we get Age of Ultron next Thursday on April 23, rather than May 1 and, presumably, that's when we'll get to see the new trailer for The Force Awakens. I don't know why we're getting it over a week in advance of the United States, but I'll take it! 

Also, I like the new Stormtrooper armour. It would be odd if there hadn't been any changes in over 30 years, after all. Hell, the Clone Trooper armour changed in just 3 years. 

I saud this yesterday, but god damn I love the new Stormies. Interesting to see them feature the Flamethrower Stormies in two of the posters, maybe they feature prominently in the film?

• Thumbs Up 1

The place they're burning down looks like Tatooine, so I'd guess Rey is going to go through something similar to Luke.

Oh and I don't really like their (the fire troopers) look.