Awoo.

Star Wars

I know that. I'm just pointing it out so that you don't buy it and then get annoyed that it doesn't cover those areas.

• 2 weeks later...

It goes up the Swarm War. So about 35 years after the battle of Yavin.

It's Dave Filoni's birthday and for that he posted a Rebels concept art. and it's pretty interesting.

Everyone,
It seems you all know that yesterday was my Birthday. James Arnold Taylor sent me a video of the audience at Star Wars Weekends wishing me Happy Birthday, I really appreciate that, and all the messages I received throughout the day. Usually one receives presents on their birthday, but today I would like to give one to you Star Wars Fans, for the kindness and support you have always shown me throughout my eight years at Lucasfilm. When I would discuss the new episodes of Clone Wars with George and the writers, I would draw the entire time. Here is an image that came out of one of these discussions. Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks!

Dave

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151619314880053&set=a.241263300052.139240.87355540052&type=1
20130608_filoni_bg.jpg

It's Yoda and an as of yet unidentified character. I'm guessing a Whill. It'll be pretty damn exciting to finally see them.

• Thumbs Up 1

The areas it doesn't cover that are noticeable are, The Clone Wars (2008 series), The Force Unleashed Games and The Darth Vader And The.... Mini-Series' that Dark Horse have been doing.

Dang! I was hoping that the big difference between the new edition of the chronology and the old edition which I have would be the detailed descriptions of the Clone Wars and the fate of Ahsoka. If that were the case then I would've actually considered buying it...

*sigh*

Well, thanks for letting me know in advance so that I wouldn't be worthlessly wasting my limited money.

Dang! I was hoping that the big difference between the new edition of the chronology and the old edition which I have would be the detailed descriptions of the Clone Wars and the fate of Ahsoka. If that were the case then I would've actually considered buying it...

*sigh*

Well, thanks for letting me know in advance so that I wouldn't be worthlessly wasting my limited money.

To be fair, it has all of the prequels and the New Jedi Order, and it's quite cheap.

To be fair, it has all of the prequels and the New Jedi Order, and it's quite cheap.

Still, I would want to see more than just a 3 or 4 page differentiation/expansion from the previous version in order for me to feel a worthiness and urge of buying it.

There's a fairly decently written explanation of "the Purge of the Jedi Order" in the old edition which I have. And then it dives into detail on events which happen in the EU which have yet to be enjoyed in any film yet, Therefore, I don't really see any reason to be selling it or throwing it out even though it became aged.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still, I would want to see more than just a 3 or 4 page differentiation/expansion from the previous version in order for me to feel a worthiness and urge of buying it.

There's a fairly decently written explanation of "the Purge of the Jedi Order" in the old edition which I have. And then it dives into detail on events which happen in the EU which have yet to be enjoyed in any film yet, Therefore, I don't really see any reason to be selling it or throwing it out even though it became aged.

Might as well wait for a 2020 update. :P

• 2 weeks later...

"appeal to younger audience" Not really liking the sound of that.

There's nothing wrong with doing that, as long as you don't treat that audience like dummies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clone Wars also appealed to a younger audience and it was great. Same can be said about Asohka on the front of teen characters.

Can't wait to see who Hamill will voice. Filoni wanted him in Clone Wars, but never found a suitable and awesome enough character.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm sure you can find all of the episodes online. You should definitely watch it.

"appeal to younger audience" Not really liking the sound of that.

TCW appeals to a younger audience, my cousin has liked it since he was six, even though there were some darker plots.

I'm sure you can find all of the episodes online. You should definitely watch it.

I was able to find most of the key episodes from Season5 and Season4 online. (Such as the ones about Ahsoka being framed, and the ones about the return of Darth Maul).

However there's still tons of interesting episodes from Season3 and Season2 which I was unable to find online at all. Chances are that they have been uploaded earlier but got censored out due to violating copyrights, and the people who uploaded them are too scared to reupload because they don't want to deal with any lawsuits.

*sigh*

Edited by 188DarkRevived

Clone Wars also appealed to a younger audience and it was great. Same can be said about Asohka on the front of teen characters.

Can't wait to see who Hamill will voice. Filoni wanted him in Clone Wars, but never found a suitable and awesome enough character.

TCW appeals to a younger audience, my cousin has liked it since he was six, even though there were some darker plots.

Well consider my fears abated then. I'm just worried that the new series may be too 'lighthearted' since my favorite TCW episodes tended to be the ones that pushed the barrier a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Clone Wars Season Five boxart:
20130726_s5box.jpg

I was honestly expecting (and hoping for) Ahsoka. She had 3 out of 5 arcs about her, including the finalé. Though, I guess this works nicely next to season 4's Maul.

Some Rebels stuff:
The logo:

rebels-logo-big.png

And some new concept art(Including the main characters ship "Ghost":

rebels-concept2_lg.jpgrebels-concept1_lg.jpg

The logo is nice. I like the rust and dirtiness of it. Gives off a 90's vibes to me. The "Ghost" is nice looking. I'm loving the MyQuarieness of it all and the return to the bigger clunkier ships.

Star Wars Celebration Europe 2013: Star Wars Rebels Logo, Art, and Details Revealed

July 27, 2013

Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer Dave Filoni pulled back the curtain on Lucasfilm's highly anticipated animated series for Star Wars Celebration Europe attendees today, discussing the huge influence of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie on the look and feel of the show, and revealing the series' unique logo and select designs.
Filoni talked at length about the use of McQuarrie art as a springboard for the series, showcasing many works from the original trilogy, including landscapes and characters, and detailing how they inform the visual identity of Star Wars Rebels.

For Star Wars Rebels, fans were given their first look at the Ghost, which will be the main character's ship and play a big part in the series, as well as a computer rendering of a very McQuarrie-esque Stormtrooper, the interior of a Star Destroyer, and more. The show's logo, a minimalist yet powerful design, is notable for its orange and black color scheme, which recalls the flight suit colors of Rebel pilots in the original Star Wars trilogy.

While unable to attend in person, Executive Producers Simon Kinberg and Greg Weisman shared their excitement for the series in a video message recorded specifically for Celebration attendees.
The series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. It takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.
Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-celebration-europe-2013-star-wars-rebels-logo-art-and-details-revealed.html Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4

That's it! I'm gonna buy at least one of these boxsets for my birthday this Tuesday, because it appears that my money-saving skills and earnings have been better than I anticipated for the past few months.

I'm not going to hold off anymore. I'll just burst in and swoop them off the shelves and swipe my plastic in bliss. Amen.

May those boxsets be with me.

Greg Weisman is involve im feeling good about this show already heres hoping itll last more than 2 seasons

I bought the complete fourth season box at HMV as my present. smile.png

I asked about season5 because I love it more, but they checked their database and said that it's not out yet. So I guess I'll buy that one for Christmas. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the season4.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a Kickstarter for a documentary on Peter Mayhew(Chewbacca)'s life and his upcoming knee surgery:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lenswithaview/standing-in-the-stars-the-peter-mayhew-story?ref=card

They only need 42,000$. Seems like it could be interesting. Don't have money myself currently, but if it's ever released on DVD/BD/Whatever I'll get it.

• 1 month later...

Star Wars Rebels Teaser:

Not a lot to see, though. I wish they could've shown a person even if it was someone unimportant. I'm curious to see the style they'll be going for with people this time.
  • Thumbs Up 3